[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Saw the other thread, so made this one. Who wins?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 2
File: image.png (579 KB, 960x364) Image search: [Google]
image.png
579 KB, 960x364
Saw the other thread, so made this one. Who wins?
>>
>>14353834
The one that I like the most.
>>
>>14353834
Arc. Because by the time Misato would be able to force Shinji into the fucking robot, the Getter team would have already sortied and destroyed NERV with an all assault.
>>
>>14353834
The one with an AT field
>>
As far as power sources go, Getter Rays > Your Mom's Soul
>>
>>14353896
>muh AT field
They're not even powerful in the grand scheme of mecha or general power levels
>>
>>14353834
That's not a very good matchup since we almost certainly never got to see Arc's true power
>>
>>14354055
Shin Getter was the incomplete prototype of Arc. I think that says enough.
>>
AT Fields really aren't that strong compared to the bullshit a lot of other series throw around on a regular basis.
>>
Why is Getter evolving into Devilman?
>>
>>14354072
And where did you get that info from?

I remember Arc being more like Hayato's second attempt at making a plasma-powered Shin Getter after Getter Go's failure
>>
File: Getter-Robo-Arc-041.png (626 KB, 1196x1754) Image search: [Google]
Getter-Robo-Arc-041.png
626 KB, 1196x1754
>>14354119
Saotome stated that Shin was a prototype in the Shin Getter Robo manga. The Jp wiki goes into a little more detail based on interviews with Ken Ishikawa:
>真ゲッターロボの開発過程で完成された一機で、総合的戦闘力は(完成時の)真ゲッターロボを凌ぐ。真ゲッターより安定性が高く、遙かに効率的なエネルギー消費を行うゲッターロボで原作者の石川賢曰く「勝手に火星に行かない」。
>A perfected machine based on Shin Getter Robo's development, its overall combat strength surpasses that of Shin Getter (at its time of completion). Its stability and energy efficiency is far better, and as stated by mangaka Ishikawa Ken "it won't run off to Mars on its own accord".
>>
>>14354119
Also, Arc was not plasma powered.
>>
>>14354119
It was a more stable version of Shin, IIRC. I don't remember if it was said to be stronger but it wouldn't have the crazy Getter Ray shit happen unless the pilot wanted it to happen.
>>
>>14354162
>its overall combat strength surpasses that of Shin Getter (at its time of completion)
Basically, it's stronger as Shin Getter in Shin Getter Manga, but that's it; it never been overcharged, and therefore became as powerful as either Shin Dragon or Shin Getter at the end of Go.
>>
>>14354255
>don't remember if it was said to be stronger but it wouldn't have the crazy Getter Ray shit happen unless the pilot wanted it to happen.
As >>14354162 >>14354279 mentioned, it was never overcharged. The main reason why Shin Getter is crazy powerful in Go and Shin Dragon's a thing, is that both units are Overcharged with Getter Energy (way more than what they're intended to be charged with).
>>
>>14354255
>>14354279
>>14354298
It would be able to reach the same levels of bullshit as Shin Getter if it sat around for over a decade gathering Getter energy. In fact, it would actually be more powerful because Arc uses the energy more efficiently.
>>
>>14354433
That's that point, it never gain that much energy; which is why it have to rely on Shin Dragon at the end of the Manga.
>>
>>14353834
The one capable of combining with a planet or punch a galaxy sized god
>>
>>14354628
It never combine with said Planet, that was Shin/Emperor.
>>
>>14354606
But it probably would have gained that energy from releasing Shin Dragon. Remember that unleashing Shin Dragon floods the area with Getter radiation and that the future Earth Ryouma saw was one polluted by Getter radiation.
>>
>>14353931

AT Fields are powerful enough to tank nukes without harm as long as nothing else is interfering with them. Thats actually pretty impressive. Most mecha get vaporized by nukes.

And that's not even counting EoE powerlevels, where a single big AT Field killed every living thing on the planet Earth.
>>
>>14356491
And yet an electric rifle breaks through them. Face it, it's just a plot device.
>>
>>14356557
>an electric rifle breaks through them
It harness all the electricity on earth.
>>
>>14356740

Pretty sure it's just Japan, not Earth. It's still a lot of electricity, but accuracy counts.
>>
>>14356557

A gun that shoots antimatter, the most powerful weapon physically possible within the laws of conventional physics because there is no conceptual armor material that won't be annihilated on contact and the resulting explosion is the most efficient reaction possible without using magic to make something explode with 101%+ the energy it contains.

And even then, not all Positron weapons work equally well on AT Fields. We saw positron weapons fail more times than we saw them succeed. People tend to forget that part.
>>
>>14356903
And yet we're talking about an Eva versus Getter Arc, which is absolutely not a conventional or possible weapon. Getter Arc, which is apparently more powerful than Shin Getter, which ate a planet

Besides, for all the talk about how much Evas can take, there's not much they can actually dish out. If it has to go into apocalypse mode just to deal any kind of damage, that's less of a win and more of a "I'm taking you with me"
>>
>>14356933

Oh I agree. In the context of this fight, an Evangelion is pretty much boned (unless it is Berserk, berserk Evas are a whole different ball game) because they simply operate on different principals than Getter stuff does.

I feel like the AT field can protect the pilot from a lot of Getters attacks, but eventually the Getter Arc is going to win simply because the Eva's offense isn't anywhere near as good as its defense. Evas are, after all, built to be defensive weapons.

I'm just pointing out that the AT Field isn't just something you can dismiss out of hand. Its a common tactic is vs threads to just claim that the AT field is a blanket of newspaper that isn't even worth talking about, when its actually one of the strongest defensive barriers around in mecha for something that isn't cosmic tier.

Getter Arc is cosmic tier. Of course its going to win the fight, the same way that the TTGL would absolutely wreck even the strongest form of Mazinger.
>>
>>14356955
>all this bait
>>
>>14356955
>even the strongest form of Mazinger.
but it was stated that anyone except mazinger characters can wreck mazinger zero, that's its one weakness
>>
>>14357190
>Even when it can warp reality itself it still just a mazinlet
God damn I almost feel bad for spics
>>
>>14357190
From what I've heard about ZERO, as reality warping as it is, it doesn't have any weaponry stronger than Dynamic Fire, and to something as huge as TTGL, Dynamic Fire would be like being bitten by a fire ant.
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.