[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Gundam Unicorn RE:0096 Episode 11 (aka Zeon Dindu Nuffin)
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3
File: unicorn-babies.jpg (106 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
unicorn-babies.jpg
106 KB, 1280x720
Whelp, it's finally here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fS1DtSzf9YM

Any changes /m/?
>>
>>14349211
well they didn't remove the baby killing

but what does that mean?
>>
>>14349211
>Banagher spends several days, possibly weeks, with Zeon forces and becomes sympathetic to them

>Loni's psycommu system fucks up and her grudge against the Feds for what they've done against her people makes her attack indiscriminately just like the Feds did even after the war was over

>people acting like it didn't make sense for Banagher to be upset that Loni gets killed

>>14349212
It means that they've literally removed and censored nothing so far and we've known this for fucking weeks now. This is literally just the OVA in TV format with one or two redrawn frames so far.
>>
>>14349211
When the re adaptation was first announced it specifically mentioned a new op a new ed and a synopsis/next episode preview dialog. There was nothing about story changes or new scenes.

There have been redrawn frames for the sake of transition and commecial breaks, but nothing new or extended.
>>
Really feels like Zimmerman is the author mouthpiece, mostly because Banana offers no rebuttal to what should be false narrative by having common knowledge of how and why humanity moved into space.
>>
>>14349349

> the author mouthpiece gets beat up by a kid for allowing a young girl to wreak havoc on a city purely to vent steam and for the sake of his own vengeance
>>
>>14349349
>I decide what is true in this fictional franchise and not the owners of said franchise
>>
>>14349360
Plenty of evidence to support that the migration into space was peaceful, and even celebrated. None of this "the scorned and free thinkers were forced into space by the big bad elitists and their system"
>>
>>14349374
There are tons of scenes from 0079, Zeta, ZZ, CCA and the rest that specifically state that primarily poorer people were moved off into space, sometimes involuntarily. This isn't something unique to Unicorn, no matter how much you'll try to claim it is.
Don't force your idiotic and ignorant idea of what space migration was like.
>>
>>14349383

Not him, but where is it stated to involuntary in any of them?
>>
>>14349374
>>14349394
Dude, that's kinda obvious.
They wanted their migration/population quota done, most peps selected move voluntarily, some want none of that - get booted off the earth anyway.
>>
>>14349337

Actually that shot of the Earth was new at the end of one of the previous episodes. It was "extended" I guess.
>>
>>14352005
it was part of the end credits in the Episode 3 OVA
>>
>>14352019
No, the zoomed out part of the planet.
>>
>>14351828
I demand proofs
>>
>>14351828

I didn't ask if you thought it obvious anon, I asked where those shows said that they were moved involuntarily, since >>14349383
said that several different shows said so often. I don't recall them doing so, so I want to know when. It being an obvious deduction because of quotas and so on doesn't mean the shows said it tonnes.
>>
File: screencap.png (569 KB, 843x632) Image search: [Google]
screencap.png
569 KB, 843x632
>>14353277
>>14353305
There were some more mentions in 0079. Not sure about the other works, but people being kicked off the planet has always been a thing.
>>
>>14353497
He's not a citizen, though. And also remember
>Bright: I lived on Earth
>Sayla: One of the elite, huh?
>Bright: Are you being sarcastic?
So either Sayla let some of her upbringing slip out in the form of a snide remark or Bright's saying "Yeah we were considered well off a few years ago but are you seriously going to joke about that shit after the nukes/colony drops/etc?"
>>
>>14353529
I like how MSG had dialogue that you could interpret either way like this.
>but muh tomino writes bad dialogue meme
>>
>>14349241
If psycommu is that dangerous to it's user you'd think they'd be smart enough not to use the fucking thing in the
first place. Or perhaps the problem was with Loni's head and not the system.

Either way she needed to be stopped and do you really think if she'd been taken alive after that the EF would just let her walk
because banana said so?

That being said the entire attack was a stupid idea anyway.
>>
>>14353554
He does write bad dialogue quite abit but not all the time.

Also most non Tomino Gundam series have worse writing.
>>
>>14351828
>Dude, that's kinda obvious.
Except that's wrong. It's more likely for the poor to follow job opportunities than it is for them to be forced to move. Trying to force the poor out is notoriously difficult and is something that requires a few decades of migration of the classes.
>>
>tons of opportunities in space
>0G engineering and scientific research
>asteroid resource mining
>shipping and travel
>carpentry and construction
>manufacturing
>teaching
>various local small businesses for each colony
>jobs that would firmly put the workers financially in middle class at least

>IT WAS ALL POOR PEOPLE WE WERE THE TRUE PROLETARIAT

Fucking retards. I bet the cost of moving people out to the colonies alone was in the trillions and you expect me to believe those faggots were the poor? Fuck off. Zeekfags are literally upper-middle class American liberals crying about MUH OPPRESSION. Holy shit, they're garbage.
>>
>>14353725
>I bet the cost of moving people out to the colonies alone was in the trillions and you expect me to believe those faggots were the poor?
Sorry, kid, but your guesswork doesn't override actual canon. The old men on White Base in the original series state that they were relocated against their will and didn't think they'd ever be allowed to set foot on earth again. The idea of the "earth-born elite" remaining on earth while the proletariat were moved out into the colonies comes from Zeta Gundam and is reinforced in ZZ.

It is official canon that the first spacenoids were involuntarily relocated to space to be workers on the colonies. Deal with it.
>>
>>14353810
Don't forget glorious Zeon living in palaces of gold while everyone around em is in slums like in Unicorn.

I bet that helps the economic disparity too.
>>
File: 1345338289521.png (300 KB, 430x462) Image search: [Google]
1345338289521.png
300 KB, 430x462
>>14349211
I'm really disappointed they didn't have Loni and Banana interact more. I mean aside from NewType bullshit, how is she suppose to be relatable? She's not like Marida who has connections to previous series.
>>
>>14353860
Her only purpose was to make the Zeon remnant she was part of sympathetic as they launched a pointless attack that
served no purpose beyond serving as an outlet for them to vent frustration about how shit life was for them.
>>
>>14353554
Tomino only wrote the script for one episode in the original Gundam. His actual script writing credits for Z (under pseudonym Minoru Yokitani) and most of his later shows are generally bigger.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.