[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
After years of putting it off I finally wanna get into Macross
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 2
File: 2441.jpg (47 KB, 225x309) Image search: [Google]
2441.jpg
47 KB, 225x309
After years of putting it off I finally wanna get into Macross and binge watch the franchise. What are the best releases of each series?
>>
>>14341187
Just watch everything. It ranges from god-tier (DYRL?, Plus) to average (Macross 7's first ten episodes). Only II and Zero are divisive.
>>
>>14341214
I think he means best releases as in who has the best rip. I think animebytes has a freeleech going on right now.
>>
Bunny Hat for SDF Macross
G_P for DYRL
??? for II
??? for Plus
Pineapple Salad for 7
THORA for Zero
Coalgirls for Frontier
>>
>>14341214
Speak for yourself, I didn't like Plus in the slightest. It was better than Zero, at least
>>
>>14341235
Sorry, my Reading Comprehension is shit after 4 pints. BunnyHat for SDF, Live Evil for DYRL, whatever subs the Plus Blurays have, and Pineapple Salad for Macross 7.
>>
>>14341670
What didn't you like about Plus, anon ?
>>
>>14341723
Plus depends on you liking the three main characters for the conflict to work. All three of them were unlikable assholes. And the music was shit.
Great animation, at least.
>>
>>14341187
Just go to bakaBT. They have all the best releases for Macross.

With actual seeds to boot.
>>
>>14341874
>And the music was shit
nuuh you didn't!
>>
-Google
-[Inssert Macross series name] and Bakabt
-Click link
-Look for highest quality release
????
-Profit
>>
>>14341921
Bakabt tends to be slow and they dont always have the best release for stuff. They are still using Bludragon instead of Mystic Sword for Seirei no Moribito for example. I dont think they have EG's Gunbuster either.
>>
im kind of getting confused between robotech and macross. so Robotech has invid in them ( im kind of interested in those ) but macross doesnt even tho its the same IP ? can someone help me out ? lol
>>
>>14342026
Robotech is Macross and two other series rewritten to fit eachothers narative. They're not the same IP. And work on your spelling, people WILL give you shit for it.
>>
When does the gundam shows up and push those music loving libtards
>>
Thanks for the responses.

Also are the sequel movies and OVAs to 7 and Frontier worth watching? And that SDF ova released after Do you remember love?
>>
>>14345583
Yes. Watch everything.
>>
>>14345583
>sequels to 7
All of it is new stuff. Except that pointless frontier/7 thing. The 7 movie features Max and Millias best musume.
>movies to frontier
Absolutely, a retelling of the series with new scenes and gives a more favorable impression of the characters.

>SDF OVA
The music video with super dated 80's effects? Eh, for one song it's got some new nice looking animation showing the departure of the megaroad 1. Or are you reffering to macross 2? Easily the most forgetable entry, and doesn't involve papa Kawamori at all.
>>
>>14345619
Its only a one episode ova so it must be the music video
>>
>>14345585

THIS.
>>
>>14345728
Flashback 2012 right?
>>
>>14345755
yes. Tenshi no egou is the only part that has new animation i believe
>>
Is there any difference between the Macross II OVA and the movie? I think the BD is the movie
>>
they all have their charms

SDF is the best but i DO like the songs from F
>>
>>14341894
They don't have any BD rips of Macross 7.
>>
>>14341981
Mystic Sword? What's this release? Where can it be found?
>>
Gonna be qhwyf and say that Delta has been one of my top Macross experiences so far. It may not come out so hot in the end but so far I love the music, the battles, and the characters are alright. Up there with the original SDF purely in terms of fun.
>>
>>14341874
>Frontier depends on you liking the three main characters for the conflict to work. All three of them were unlikable assholes. And the music was shit.

FTFY
>>
>>14345810
its literally them just played back to back with the opening removed AFAIK
>>
>>14345864
I just found it on animebytes,
>>
>>14346097
It is, they even left the episode titles in.
>>
>>14346152
>sign up required

That's probably why it's not on Bakabt, private trackers strictly forbid sharing their releases elswhere.
>>
>>14346198
Nah it's not market as exclusive.
>>
>>14346198
No, bakabt is just fucking slow and tend to miss low key releases. The Bludragon release probably shouldnt be on there in the first place as below their quality standards but nobody has bothered to do anything about it.
>>
>>14346086
Buttmad Plusfag.
>>
>>14341921
Bakabt doesnt even have a BD for plus, bakabt is just there for the lazy who cant take 5 minutes to do a bit of research.
>>
>>14346611
Bakabt is nice for some series that have zero seeds on Nyaa but it's kinda annoying that they are so slow to update with new shows and have some really annoying "guidelines" that can disqualify a great release over some minor thing, which then makes them recommend some LaserDisc garbage to you instead of a BD rip.
>>
>>14341670
>Speak for yourself, I didn't like Plus in the slightest. It was better than Zero, at least

Zero at least has an interesting story which connects to the larger them of the Macross franchise. Macross Plus is just a fancy air combat commercial. It lacks heart, soul, characters. Shiny planes are not enough to make it good.
>>
>>14346948
Am I seriously supposed to bite on this bait? I feel offended.
>>
>>14341187
For Zero use Kagura's. Some anon here subbed that raw Zero in the past 2 or 3 weeks, but the thread of it is gone by now, somebody can probably dig it up
>>
>>14349857
You are thinking of Macross II

http://desustorage.org/m/thread/14275829/

no idea how it compares to the DHD release though but its worth I look I guess.
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.