[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Sokyuugurentai is a game where the internal clock is actually
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
File: 00000008.jpg (93 KB, 704x448) Image search: [Google]
00000008.jpg
93 KB, 704x448
A bustling city of the near future.

Mankind, having exhausted its limited resources, expands outwards to satisfy its consumerist desires.

Numerous corporations coordinate with the space agencies of Earth to secure resource acquisition rights; of these, the largest is the Japanese corporation Jin-Sei, net worth 1 trillion New Yen in investments.

As the years go by, the power amassed by the space resource companies allows them to wage corporate war amongst one another on an entirely new level; in a bid to secure exclusive mining and development rights to Mars, Eight-Luck Interstellar Developments, an industrial giant second only to Jin-Sei, consolidates power among the many small yet ambitious companies it towers over.

To protect common interests, Jin-Sei unites with the Japanese Defense Force's JDF-DEFSEC2 "Crimson Lotus Team" (SOQ GURENTAI) to initiate development of space superiority fighters utilizing Non-blindspot Allrange Laser System (NALS).

Under the cover of combatting a rising wave of eco-terrorism resulting from the exploitation of delicate ecosystems, a war is waged between Jin-Sei and Eight-Luck, hidden from the public eye. A war fought across Earth and Space, not between armies, but businesses. A war fought with cutting edge technologies, helmed by an elite augmented by advanced sciences and possessing the greatest of skill.

>RAIZING PRESENTS
>A GAME OF MULTI LAYER RAY TARGETING SHOOT 'EM UP ACTION

>SOKYUUGURENTAI (HEAVENLY CRIMSON LOTUS SQUADRON)
>PLATFORMS: ST-V / SATURN

YOU HAVE 10 SECONDS TO EXPLAIN WHY YOU AREN'T SETTING UP SSF AND PLAYING THIS.
>>
From what I gather you get to shoot stuff.
>>
Because I have a saturn and a copy sitting right here.
>>
File: SOQ-GRT.png (43 KB, 352x224) Image search: [Google]
SOQ-GRT.png
43 KB, 352x224
>>14336699
Not only do you get to shoot stuff, you get to shoot stuff BECAUSE YOU WERE ORDERED TO.

WITH BIG FANCY BUREAUCRATIC KANJI TYPOGRAPHY.

THERE'S QUITE A BIT OF THIS SHIT TO SET THE MOOD AND IT'S PREEEEETTY COOL.

For some reason the English localization (which is arcade only with only a few shreds of it remaining in the JP-only Saturn port) doesn't even try to translate detail as far as I can tell; stuff instead gets localized in the 90's sense of "just rename it all no one gives a fuck." Kinda makes the roll call intro a bit lame.

You can see the difference between these two vids:
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=shTMXSlZue4
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=luyNnzAT3Bw
>>
>>14336766
If you like shmups where you get plastered with big ass kanji typography play Kamui

You get to play as a little girl
>>
>>14337052
a little girl's brain, even.
>>
>>14337052
Little girls are for protecting, not blasting off and striking against the enemy force with.
>>
>>14337061
Neat
>>
>>14340947
Is it?
Is it really neat?
>>
File: segata2.jpg (24 KB, 276x510) Image search: [Google]
segata2.jpg
24 KB, 276x510
>>14336675
>>YOU HAVE 10 SECONDS TO EXPLAIN WHY YOU AREN'T SETTING UP SSF
Because I have a Saturn. He'd never forgive me.
>>
>>14336675
>the internal clock is actually used to timeshift the plot's timeframe
So, can you expand on this? My Saturn's battery is dead, but I can get the time upon turning it on. If I leave it as 1994 the fist time I play the game and then shift the clock to the present day the second time will the gave be different?
>>
>>14347852
>get the time
Set the time.
> gave
Game.
I don't know how I can make bizarre typos like this. I must be going senile.
>>
>>14347852
Well as an example, 2036 would be the year as of the game's launch date, 1996 in the arcades. Events are 40 years future, present date and time otherwise.

Today it'd be 2056. The timestamp of the ship launch would be the exact date and time, so 6/12 12:37AM.
>>
>>14347874
Ah, I see.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.