[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why aren't Nagai's manga works actually being officially
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
File: my face when.jpg (18 KB, 190x184) Image search: [Google]
my face when.jpg
18 KB, 190x184
Why aren't Nagai's manga works actually being officially published in the US?
>>
>>14336602
Too niche

Even in Japan, hardly anyone buys his shit other than old timers who grew up with it
>>
>>14336602
iirc, Vertical approached Dynamic Pro and they wanted them to publish Mao Dante first and Vertical refused.
>>
>>14336602
US audiences don't care about foreign stuff nor do they care about old stuff. So foreign old chinese comics will never happen.
>>
>>14336623
What did Vertical want to publish instead of that?
>>
>>14336602
Nobody can handle his greatness
>>
>>14336683
Probably Devilman
>>
>>14336602
I found the 6 first volumes of "the new side of Devilman" in a shop. How does it compare to the original Devilman?
>>
>>14336602

Aren't they published in Spanish and other European countries? Even if they don't sell well I'd still love to own a nice hardcover omnibus of Devil Man or Cutey Honey
>>
File: rare nagai.jpg (45 KB, 327x326) Image search: [Google]
rare nagai.jpg
45 KB, 327x326
>>14337564
They are sold in Europe but nobody cares about that. They're not in English. That's what matters.

>>14337561
>new side of devilman
You mean Amon Dark side of Devilman, right? Well, it's different, the art is nice, was good overall but a bit odd.

>>14336795
Does DP not let them pick what they want?
>>
One manga editor from my country said that the japanese publisher offered all nagai colection to publish here, but it was pretty bad moment for that and he had to say no.

Shit.
>>
>>14338136
Supposedly it's done as a 'If you want X, then you have to also get Y' deal.
>>
>>14336623

Source?
>>
>>14336602
Too lewd
>>
>>14338136
Thank, I think I'm going to pick it up then. I'll finish buying Biomego first though

>>14337564
I think most of his work are sold in France. I've found Mazinger, great and Grendizer, Cutie Honey, Devilman and I've actually bought the Divine Comedy. It was great but a lot of the 2nd volume were badly printed and were barely inked near the 9th circle.
>>
>>14342099

France used to think he was worth a shit because of their blind love for Goldorak. But they stopped doing it since people realized those manga are crap and stopped buying past volume 1.
>>
>>14344481
Explain why Mazinger Z and great Mazinger just came out ? And why Violence Jack may come out in the near futur?

Goldorak may be shit, but the nostalgiafag are strong in France, this is why we have a good amount of Leiji's, Tezuka's, Tatsumi's, Nagai's and even one or two Ishinomori's series printed, not many, but a decent amount.
>>
>>14346751
Its very strong in Italy as well from what I've heard
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.