[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So exactly how many Gundams the Federation field during the One
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 86
Thread images: 9
File: gundam_thunderbolt_ep2-1200x675.jpg (111 KB, 1200x675) Image search: [Google]
gundam_thunderbolt_ep2-1200x675.jpg
111 KB, 1200x675
So exactly how many Gundams the Federation field during the One Year War?
>RX-78-02
>Alex
>Ground Gundam
>Ez-8
>Full Armor
Any others?
>>
>>14334688
>Any others?
Check the wiki.

But yeah. I think it's like 13 or 14
>>
>>14334688
Pixiie Gundam
>>
>>14334700
Most of those are from video games and manga, which are about as canon as the Star Wars novels are in relation to the movies. In other words, never mentioned or accounted for in any other official material.
>>
>>14334745
There's several of those from MSVs.

Also, OP didn't specify what he considers "canon" so fuck right off.
>>
>>14334688
Ground Gundams are sort of iffy though, they are strange in that they where reverse designed from ground gm's
>>
>>14334688
Don't forget the 3 Blue Destiny units.
>>
Is IGLOO the only series that didn't feature a gundam?
>>
>>14334752
>So exactly how many Gundams the Federation field during the One Year War?
I think he specified enough that he's talking about animated series, given his examples. So you can save your shitty attitude for when you're actually right about something. But I'm not gonna tell you to fuck off because this board is dedicated to discussing things we enjoy and there's no reason to bicker about stupid shit.
>>
>>14334688
Technically, the Full Armor is from an alternate timeline, so it can't be put in the same category as the rest of the Gundams.
>>
File: latest[1].jpg (146 KB, 714x900) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].jpg
146 KB, 714x900
>>14334855
There's a Full Armor Gundam from the original MSV.
>>
File: Mudrock Gundam.jpg (484 KB, 1024x878) Image search: [Google]
Mudrock Gundam.jpg
484 KB, 1024x878
>the only good RX78
>>
>>14334800
Amuro's RX-78-2 showed up in recorded footage being played back for Oliver to see. I think it was the moment that Amuro took down the Bigro.
>>
>>14334891
And it was destroyed by a stupid fuck.
>>
>>14334855
Is Thunderbolt really an AU? That makes so much sense, considering the second half.
>>
>>14334921
>>14334921

to be fair his situation was like Amuro going against the black tri stars straight out of the gate, except 3x worse
>>
>>14334933
Did he face the Black Nonastars or the Red Tristars?
>>
>>14334941
Had to fight the Midnight Fenrir and they were stronk as fuck.
>>
OP here. Basically you had Amuro's in the MSG. Singular prototype, built late in the war, from which the feds began cranking out GMs as fast as they could. Then in 0080, they're building Alex. Makes sense, especially since they're building it FOR Amuro, and it's not even fully ready. Then 08th MS Team has them handed out to grunts in Vietnam like candy? Wut? Especially with the timeline. The GMs are already in use before the Ramba Ral arc. With grunt gundams not far behind. Now I've finally gotten around to watching Thunderbolt, the Full Armor shows up, and I'm like, "Come ON! How many of these super prototypes did the feds crank out in the last three months of the fight?!" (I did not know about >>14334855
>the Full Armor is from an alternate timeline
and am curious to hear more.)

I'm basically going with the commonly established canon of animated only. I know there's a metric shit-tonne of fan-fic tier mangas set during the OYW, most of which seem to feel they have to shoehorn in some kind of Gundam or other, because, hey, it's in the name! But when they choose to adapt one, I'm just bewildered at the growing number of OYW gundams in canon.

That is all.
>>
>>14334855
The anime ended before the point where Thunderbolt strays from the actual UC timeline though, so wouldn't it still count?
>>
>>14334964
>OP here. Basically you had Amuro's in the MSG. Singular prototype

there were 3
>>
>>14334964
>Then 08th MS Team has them handed out to grunts in Vietnam like candy? Wut? Especially with the timeline
They were GMs with a Gundam head slapped just to inspire fear.
>>
>>14334971
Even the Ez-8?
>>
>>14334980
To be honest I have no fucking idea if the Ez-8 it's a Gundam or some weird mashup.
>>
>>14334971
Do we know if any of these mock gundams were distributed anywhere else beside east asia?
>>
>>14334964
Canon after 08th MS Team basically says that the early GM Ground Types gathered combat experience along with some Ground Gundams that are basically Ground GMs and GM Early Types which were used in space. They were not full, true mass production models like the GM.
>>
>>14334964
>(I did not know about
>>the Full Armor is from an alternate timeline
>and am curious to hear more.)

Basically, according to later chapters of the Thunderbolt manga, the battles continue months into 0080, which is a pretty big divergence from established UC continuity. The existing UC mobile suits that appear in it are all redesigned too.

The anime didn't get into the later chapters though and also didn't use Thunderbolt's redesigns for the already animated suits. There's also an interview posted in previous topics where the author mention that he could pretty much write anything he wanted without worrying about making it fit with established UC events.

However, the battles are low scale enough that some people argue that they could fit without many problems. Although either way, those later chapters aren't part of the anime.
>>
>>14334971
RX-79Gs were slapped together from V project leftover parts and GM filler. You're thinking of AoZ for that (admittedly great) "slap a gundam head on it, zeeks hate it" concept.

>>14335009
Gundam Wikia suggests 28 total suits, of which 20 were deployed to east asia, though I've got no idea what their source is.
>>
There were 20 of the RX-79[G] Gundam Ground Types we see in 08th MS Team, made from spare parts meant for the RX-78-2 Gundam. Cited as sharig "80 percent" of the parts of the Gundam. Stronger generator and parts than a GM, not as strong as a Gundam, so they were a "Gundam corps."

>>14334980
The Ez-8 was basically a Frankensteinesque rebuilding of the heavily damaged RX-79[G]. Stronger stuff than it's brothers, but still not at titular MSG Gundam specs.

But GM's were the main plan the whole time. RX-79[G] were just making use of the leftovers of Gundam concepting.
>>
>>14334688
>how many Gundams the Federation field during the One Year War?

You sure are new, aren't you? Sigh. Gotta remember, there are no stupid questions...

Okay, here's a list:

1. RX-78-1 Prototype Gundam
2. RX-78-2 Gundam
3. RX-78-3 G-3 Gundam
4. RX-78NT-1 "Alex" Gundam
5. RX-78-4 Gundam G04
6. RX-78-5 Gundam G05
7. RX-78-6 Gundam "Mudrock"
8. RX-78-7 7th Gundam
9-11. RX-78XX Gundam Pixie (3 of these)
12-20. RX-79[G] Army Gundam (9 of these)
21. RX-79[G]Ez-8 Gundam "Easy 8"
22. RAG-79 Aqua Gundam
etc
etc
etc
bored now

This doesn't even include the Gundams from The Origin (including the RX-78-01[N] Municipal Gundam), Thunderbolt (including the FA-78 Full Armor Gundam and the wacky RX-78AL Atlas Gundam), We Are Federation Hooligans (the GM Striker Gundam, another Full Armor Gundam), the Heavy Gundam, and on and on and on...

Tsk. A key point of the original Gundam tv series was that they kept ferrying the Gundam around where it was needed. The idea that there were dozens more is just stupid.
>>
>>14335118
There were possibly a dozen or more RX-78-1's built but that depends on the source, we have no idea exactly how many RX-78/79 series units were made and some of that may be to keep Zeon guessing and the rest is Bandai-Sunrise just not giving a fuck.
>>
>>14334872
MSV is not canon to the anime works. I think he's talking about the FA-78 from Thunderbolt.
>>
>>14335118
I thought the 7th Gundam was deployed after the OYW.
>>
>>14334688

I think the number is like a little over 30 so far if you go by what we see in the anime. Although we don't know how many of the Ground-type were actually fielded.
>>
>>14335118
Why did I think that the Rx-79[G] had more then just 9? Were they only in the southeast asian theater?
>>
>>14335164

Depends on how you gauge the fluff as canon. There were said to be 28 in total: 20 to the Kojima battalion in Asia and the rest were used elsewhere on Earth.
>>
Thunderbolt isn't uc?
>>
>>14335659
it's alternate UC
>>
>>14335659
It is but already takes heavy creative liscence. Rest of the thread makes it clear: there's a fuckton of Gundam rollin' around.
>>
>>14334745
>http://gundam.wikia.com/wiki/MSZ-006A1_Zeta_Plus_A1
>about as canon as the star wars novels
you wot
>>
>>14335046
>>14335660

The Thunderbolt manga is supposed to be alternate UC, but Sunrise has modified a number of things or purposely left things out that were in the manga to shoehorn it in for the anime adaptation.

Sunrise had Katoki redesign a number of the Thunderbolt interpretations for the Anime to "make them fit" into the continuity. That's why the upcoming MG Full armor Gundam and Psycho Zaku which is based on the Anime design is so different from Otagaki's original illustrations or even the HG kits.
>>
>>14335690
>That's why the upcoming MG Full armor Gundam and Psycho Zaku which is based on the Anime design is so different from Otagaki's original illustrations or even the HG kits.
How are they different?
>>
Beg you pardon for my newfagginess, but why all gundams ever since the OG one look mad as fuck ready to slice some zeeks?
>>
>>14334688
As many as Bandai wants to continue milking that one particular period to death, until the number of Gundams exceeds the number of grunts.

Seriously, why aren't there more Zeta sidestories?
>>
>>14335690
>Sunrise had Katoki redesign a number of the Thunderbolt interpretations for the Anime to "make them fit" into the continuity. That's why the upcoming MG Full armor Gundam and Psycho Zaku which is based on the Anime design is so different from Otagaki's original illustrations or even the HG kits.

How do the changes make them fit? How are they different from Katoki normally redesigning stuff all the time? How is that supposed to explain Thunderbolt showing that every suit has Thunderbolt style backpacks and there being no "regular" version?
>>
>>14335707
Because the Federation decided to stop fucking around. Same with GMs, they just get angrier.
>>
>>14335728
true just finished the full run of the UC timeline and unicorn GMs are straight up mc ride tier
>>
>>14335142
Yes. It was deployed in UC 0081.
>>
>>14335723
it's handwaved simply as suits that have equipment made for that sector. we also don't see anything out of that sector for the OVA to conflict with that.
>>
>1. RX-78-1 Prototype Gundam
shit
>2. RX-78-2 Gundam
ok
3. RX-78-3 G-3 Gundam
>ok
4. RX-78NT-1 "Alex" Gundam
>mission killed by a shitter
5. RX-78-4 Gundam G04
>mission killed
6. RX-78-5 Gundam G05
>ok
7. RX-78-6 Gundam "Mudrock"
>mission killed by shitter
8. RX-78-7 7th Gundam
>dont know what the fuck this is
9-11. RX-78XX Gundam Pixie (3 of these)
ok
12-20. RX-79[G] Army Gundam (9 of these)
>shit
21. RX-79[G]Ez-8 Gundam "Easy 8"
>shit
22. RAG-79 Aqua Gundam
>destroyed by some faceless shitter who lost to completely inferior zeek ms
>>
>>14335701
helmet is different, knees are different, it has a different number of verniers, vernier shapes are different, the shapes on the backpack are different
>>
>>14335860

>Ez-8
>shit

Sure is shit opinion.
>>
>>14335860

this basically. there were a lot of gundumbs but the majority failed to achieve anything of value, despite being better in most cases, compared to what amuro did
>>
>>14335857
The Zeon reinforcements in episode 4 launch Thunderbolt type Gelgoogs despite not being in the Thunderbolt sector.
>>
>>14334688
8 the last time I checked.
>>
>>14335870
It's shit in terms of performance. Aesthetic as fuck though.

>>14335860
I hadn't heard of the Pixie before.
>>
>>14334688
We've done this like 38 times.

There are roughly 45 Gundams in the OYW.
>>
>>14335887

The Ez-8 might be a ghetto-rigged mook suit, but I'd say it performed somewhat respectably.
>>
One thing you can be sure of: as the years roll on, the Federation will have fielded more and more and more Gundams during the last 3.5 months of the One Year War. Eventually, there will have been hundreds fielded during that narrow time window.

Sigh.
>>
>>14335713
>zeta side stories
This 100%. I want more AEUG/Titan shit. Or at least some Karaba stuff. I need more Titan uniforms.
>>
File: Msr-00100s.jpg (1 MB, 1142x1773) Image search: [Google]
Msr-00100s.jpg
1 MB, 1142x1773
>>14335978

10x10x10xYES

I want to see the ZII and FA MKII and the HyakuShikiKai and the MP Psycho Gundam and stuff animated.

ZZ sidestories would be nice too.
>>
>>14336001
Animated Sentinel never.
>>
>>14335707
They are angry over how long they will have to wait until they get a turn at being built life sized.
>>
>>14334755
Which are still technically Gundams, even if in name alone.
>>
>>14335118
>accusations of newfaggotry
>procedes with a post that proves OP was actually a reasonable question
>>
>>14335109
>The Ez-8 was basically a Frankensteinesque rebuilding of the heavily damaged RX-79[G]. Stronger stuff than it's brothers, but still not at titular MSG Gundam specs.
It's funny that's it's even a thing, sure it's the same old mobile suit but with the chest guns gutted and additional armour plating all over, but who the fuck had time to fabricate all that shit and who planned ahead for it?

Armour reinforcement;
>Ankle skirting
>Knees
>Crotch plate
>Chest
>Shield
>Head

New equipment;
>Head vulcans
>Head high gain antenna
>Chest machine gun
>>
>>14337875
Some mother fucker just thought to himself "I'm going to have all these sexy parts ready whenever I want to make the coolest looking Gundam ever."
Probably.
>>
>>14334688
All of them.
>>
>>14334964
Thunderbolt is turbo non-canon, so just don't think about it. Not sure if Amuro even exists in that universe.
>>
>>14335118
>Sigh
>Tsk
>>
>>14334745
All of the new reboot novels and comics are as canon as the movies in Star Wars though.
>>
i wish i keep that "30 FUCKING GENDEMS IN OYW" chart
>>
>>14340869

char does and the zeeks recognize the gundam so he obviously does
>>
File: RX-78-7 7th Gundam G07-.png (2 MB, 841x1486) Image search: [Google]
RX-78-7 7th Gundam G07-.png
2 MB, 841x1486
>>14334745
Incorrect.

Technically, those MS aren't non-canon, just in a grey area that Sunrise doesn't really want to deal with should they want to make new animated content in UC. (though most people at sunrise are big enough Gundam buffs to either write around it or write in a different timeline to not contradict older material, no matter how obscure.)

In other words; "canon unless directly contradicted by future content." Though the Japanese don't give a shit about canon to begin with, so worrying is pointless.
>>
File: rx-78-01n.jpg (53 KB, 286x400) Image search: [Google]
rx-78-01n.jpg
53 KB, 286x400
>>14340869
Thunderbolt (anime) isn't non canon; it just did the whole Endless Waltz thing with the designs.

Origin (anime) is also kind of in this ballpark, especially given that they've been making MSV for origin meant to tie various MS in with MS from older OVAs and MSV and stuff, and the only significant change in the anime version is that the RX-78-2 had a digit added to the model number and some extra details added (we don't even know if they will flip the shield like in the manga, yet.)
>>
>>14341184
>only significant change in the anime version
The presence of Guntanks before Mobile Workers have been converted to proper Mobile Suits is a pretty significant change. Especially considering that they must've been around for a while if several of them were stationed on Munzo when Char was a boy.
>>
>>14335875
Yeah they are, these are the guys that rescue the zeon survivors in the tb sector
>>
>>14341184
>Pic related is litterally just [G] and Pixie with a Visor

Shit's getting lazy. It's still cool though. God I'm part of the problem aren't I?
>>
>>14341232
The designation rx-75 already implies that the guntank came out before the gundam and guncannon. The implication is that they're using the old by year designation and the Guntank came out in '75. It's not absurd to think of them as pre-mobile suits although having them stomping around in UC0065 kinda throws the timeline.
>>
File: Msz-007.jpg (754 KB, 1532x2112) Image search: [Google]
Msz-007.jpg
754 KB, 1532x2112
>>14336001
Ive been wanting to get a Gryps era tabletop rpg off the ground, just so i can use those AEUG variants
>>
>>14341433
Guntank would definitely be the first iteration, and I don't even mind that there are physical-round using MP Guntanks floating around (seeing the Project-V Guntank as a Super-Guntank isn't out of the question to me), but the timeline impact is pretty bleh. It basically means that the Federation was thinking of Mobile Suit-esque machines before Zeon kicked their teeth in at Loum.

Also, if the designation is the year, then why would the Gundam which was designed and built during the One-Year-War of 0079 be the RX-78? Pretty sure the nomenclature is project-code/ iteration #/ variant #.

Almost a shame Origin didn't include a Soviet-German research agreement. IRL, the Nazis and Soviets worked together on tank development before the war, so it wouldn't be farfetched to imagine that the Zeon would use the Federation as a development partner before the war for mobile-suit research. Of course, they'd keep their best developments to themselves and use the Federation resources to solve significant engineering challenges. It'd explain how the Federation would roll Guntanks out before the war while Zeon had Waffs, Zaku Is, and Zaku IIs ready to go.
>>
>>14341399
They flipped the crotch piece upside down too. What's with Origin and turning things upside down? First the Gundam's shield and now this.
>>
>>14341487
But the Feds were well aware of mobile suits long before loum. They just gave zero fucks despite even going so far as to steal early AMBAC software very early on.
>>
>>14341579
Being aware of something =/= being aware of its performance.

Also, how early were they aware? The proliferation of Guntanks in 0065, during peacetime I'd add, would suggest they've been in service for at least a few years unless Munzo is literally the only place with them.
>>
>>14341232
The gun tank early type and the one used in the manga are significantly different models, presumably to create synergy with the mainstream continuity.
>>
>>14334995
Ez-8 is a base RX-79 (likely Shiro's) with whatever Kojima battalion engineers could get their hands on - likely the last few RX-79 bits available, plus jim and zaku bits. I recall seeing a designer's sketch stating that the chestplate was even salvaged from zaku shoulder shields.
Thread replies: 86
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.