[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who wins?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 108
Thread images: 10
File: image.png (914 KB, 960x364) Image search: [Google]
image.png
914 KB, 960x364
Who wins?
>>
the one you like the least
>>
>>14334391
Gunbuster. An AT field is only so strong, and good luck surviving when Gunbuster wipes out the planet (or battlefield) with a single INAZUMA KIIIICKU. Gunbuster using Homing Lasers would basically look like when Earth got trashed in Macross. Unit 01 is strong but Gunbuster is absurd.
>>
Why do people consider EVA units so strong? Is it the AT field or the sheer size or what? I haven't seen the rebuilds, but In the main series, and EoE they never really pull any feats that make me think they'd be able to beat something like the gunbuster.
>>
>>14334391

Gunbuster.

This isn't even an issue of fanboy-ism, that thing is in a completely different league, and is meant for completely different sorts of enemies. I don't think even Mazinkaiser would be able to take it down.

That said, I actually don't like the thought of Gunbuster fighting manned robots as enemies. It just doesn't feel right, as it was built with the absolute intent of fighting only asteroid sized giant space bugs for the good of the planet. Seeing it used in a war just seems like a misuse at best, save if the situation is just that dire.
>>
Could a Getter 1 piloted by Shinji, Rei and Asuka beat an Eva 01 piloted by Ryoma?
>>
The only way an Eva could win this is if it threw the Lance of Longinus directly into the cockpit, killing Noriko. Not a fucking chance in hell otherwise.
>>
>>14334502
Wouldn't Onee-sama just avenge Noriko immediately afterwards?
>>
>>14334391
Eva all the way.
Gunbuster has nothing against the AT field.

>inb4 gunfaggots disagree
Stay mad plebs
>>
>>14334514
She doesn't necessarily have to be there, and if she is, I'm not sure that Gunbuster can actually be controlled from Buster Machine 2 alone since we never saw that happen
>>
>>14334522
Eva can't even beat a Gundam let alone Gunbuster with 2 pilots aka invincible robot
>>
>>14334535
Nothing can beat an AT field though, so both of them would lose ;^)
>>
>>14334549
But that's wrong, conventional weapons manage to cut through AT fields multiple times in the show. And I doubt a Positron Rifle is a ten-thousandth of the power of a Buster Beam.
>>
>>14334525

yeah but BM 2 has it's own weapons in it's little space ship mode
>>
>>14334535
>Eva can't even beat a Gundam
wew
>>
>>14334577
Isn't that obvious? But it's not like I have anything better to do than reply to bait.
>>
File: 1437593737672.jpg (87 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
1437593737672.jpg
87 KB, 500x281
>>14334589
Same here. It's miserable what I'm doing with my life. At least I'm watching Mellowlink in between posts
>>
>>14334666
>You'd need a huge amount of power to do it tho
Doesn't the gunbuster run off two blackholes or something insane like that?
>>
File: 1399276874568.jpg (340 KB, 850x923) Image search: [Google]
1399276874568.jpg
340 KB, 850x923
>>14334666

It depends on the individual field. The Octohedron needed all the electricity of Japan and it was a notably strong field but the first Angel did take some damage from a nuke. Not enough to hurt it but it did get through the field

but yeah either way Busters ruin it's shit easily
>>
>>14334470
>That said, I actually don't like the thought of Gunbuster fighting manned robots as enemies. It just doesn't feel right, as it was built with the absolute intent of fighting only asteroid sized giant space bugs for the good of the planet. Seeing it used in a war just seems like a misuse at best, save if the situation is just that dire.

Behold, a true /m/an walks among you.
>>
>>14334675
Yeah, and it fires Buster Beam in the show, so it's not like it was ever limited by power. Meanwhile the positron rifle had to be charged for a couple minutes each time.

>>14334666
>closing the gap when Gunbuster can move at near light speed and could just hang around space if it wanted to
>being able to close the gap when Buster Beam just smashed your AT Field to dust and made the Eva history

>get refuted
>hahahaha pathetic
Try harder
>>
>>14334675
Still not enough. You'd need an Eva to defeat another Eva

>>14334703
Evas are not the same as angels. They're pretty close, but still not the same.

>>14334721
>Try harder
>says the butthurt guy that can't prove me wrong
Are all guntards this stupid?
>>
>>14334750
That delusion. I bet you think Evas would walk all over Demonbane too.
>>
>>14334750
>Evas are not the same as angels. They're pretty close, but still not the same.

It's just to provide a sense of scale for how strong the AT fields are. Given how much we see them get knocked around it's pretty apparent that the Eva's field is only as strong as the weakest Angels and we saw normal weapons with much lower energy out put than a Buster machine break these fields
>>
>>14334758
You're right, nothing can defeat an Eva, but even then Gunbuster would get easly trashed.
>>
>>14334750

>Still not enough. You'd need an Eva to defeat another Eva
t. Rei 2

>>14334721 #
>Are all guntards this stupid?
>says the butthurt guy that can't prove me wrong
Look mom I can do it too, now refute my points. Oh wait, you can't because EVAs eat shit compared to Gunbuster :^)
>>
>>14334806
>Gunbuster eats shit compared to Eva ;^)
ftfy guntard
>>
Can we say that Getter Emperor would eat both of them and call it a tie?
>>
>>14334822
Can Getter Emporer defeat LED Mirage though?
>>
>>14334822
Gunbuster yes, but an Eva? No way.
>>
File: 1465250825202.png (246 KB, 540x721) Image search: [Google]
1465250825202.png
246 KB, 540x721
>>14334489
Depends if the Getter machines don't flat out kill shinji or auska.
>>
>>14334814
If that's the extent of your argument then I'll take it you've acquiesced? Unless you want to tell me how an Eva can beat Gunbuster when
1) conventional weaponry can pierce AT Fields (S2 Mine, Positron Rifle)
2) Gunbuster can use Buster Beam which is stronger than a Positron Rifle by several orders of magnitude and can fire off a shots with barely a second of readying
3) Gunbuster can move faster than an Eva
4) Gunbuster has stronger armor than an Eva
5) Noriko and Onee-sama individually have stronger wills than Shinji, Rei and Asuka combined
>>
File: getter-robo-go-1654780.jpg (312 KB, 800x1272) Image search: [Google]
getter-robo-go-1654780.jpg
312 KB, 800x1272
>>14334837
Reminder that a Getter not even a fraction of Getter Emperor's level could casually eat things that kill Angels.
>>
>>14334875
>1) conventional weaponry can pierce AT Fields (S2 Mine, Positron Rifle)
Those can only pierce an angel's AT field, not an Eva's.

>2) Gunbuster can use Buster Beam which is stronger than a Positron Rifle by several orders of magnitude and can fire off a shots with barely a second of readying
Eva's AT field can still tank it.

>3) Gunbuster can move faster than an Eva
Bigger = slower
Eva > Gunbuster

>4) Gunbuster has stronger armor than an Eva
Not stronger than an AT though ;^)

>5) Noriko and Onee-sama individually have stronger wills than Shinji, Rei and Asuka combined
Yeah, talk to me when they literally reject paradise.

>>14334890
Still can't pass through an AT field mario ;^)
>>
Gunbuster being designed for deep, extended space combat and having the ability to use relativistic travel to fast-forward thousands of years kind of negates the point.

Worst case scenario, just chill in deep space where Eva can't follow or retaliate and destroy the planet, then come back a few ten thousand years later to laugh.
>>
>>14334968
>Eva's AT field can still tank it
>the beam that destroyed literally millions of space monsters
>the AT field can tank it
wew lad
>>
>>14334983
Sorry that you can't accept the truth guntard
>>
>>14334968
>Bigger = slower

you're new to this whole "SPACE" and "PHYSICS" thing aren't you.
>>
File: Not sure if bait.jpg (54 KB, 604x453) Image search: [Google]
Not sure if bait.jpg
54 KB, 604x453
>>14335002
No he's just a shitposter who's trying to rile people up, that or he's an over obsessive fag
>>
How's this for a more even matchup? Would Max's skills be enough to keep this humongous target from being pulverized into oblivion while it readies its own armaments?
>>
>>14335031

it's hard to tell with Eva fans
>>
>>14335031
>winking emoticons
>"mario"

Absolutely a shitposter, likely the same one that tries to shit on anything super robot related.
>>
>>14334522
>Gunbuster has nothing against the AT field.
AT fields are penetrated by progressive knives, which are basically just molecule-sharp knives that vibrate very quickly.

Gunbuster is designed to fight at very near the speed of light.

If you can be broken by a fancy chainsaw, you can be broken by an impact at .999999c
>>
>>14335123
>.999999c

Im a retard with no idea what that means, please elaborate
>>
>>14335173
c is the standard scientific notation for the speed of light.

.999999c is thus "really, really close to the speed of light". I.E., Gunbuster's main combat speed.
>>
>>14334525
It probably can as they had some redundant control system when Noriko used the first time, it seemed that they were prepared for one of the pilots being incapacitated
>>
>>14335178

I see. I understand now. Thank you for the clarification
>>
>>14335047
That would actually be interesting since their weaponry are ridiculous, with one being powered by black holes and moving in near light speed while the other is able to distor space to defend itself and destroy space to attack its enemy
>>
>>14335253
Basara would win hands down for macross 7 because that's how he fucking rolls
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JYps5fUrAWs
>>
Why does everything need to be a contest? Why can't they just be friends and go adventures together?
>>
>>14335299
Because anons are using it as a substitute for dick measuring obviously
>>
>>14335253
The Macross is brutally slow though, I don't think it stands a chance.
>>
>>14335305
More like "I like seeing this mecha battle, and this one too. What if these two incredible powers were to battle each other to make the coolest mecha battle?" but it's only fun if they're generally equal in strength. No point in nearly anything facing Gunbuster because it has some of the highest raw power of any mecha. You basically need to get into reality-warping magic bullshit to defeat it (or Max piloting but he's already bullshit), or zerg swarm with things stronger than sun-devouring aliens.
>>
>>14335332
So Ideon basically?
>>
>>14335314
I'd agree. Homing Lasers could take it out.
>>
>>14334413
>shear size

Eva makes mobile suits look like toys, and gunbuster makes Evasense look like toys
>>
>>14335298
Basara wouldn't win, EVERYONE would win. What started as a mecha fight turns into a giant party
>>
>>14334391
If it was actually down to a fight, Gunbuster stands a goodly distance away and rains Homing Lasers and Buster Missiles down in the general vicinity of Eva 01's Umbilical. Then it flies over and grabs the Eva and carts it off into space, and with absolutely no way of propulsion in space aside from AT Field Shenanigans Gunbuster can sort of just wait a bit for it to run out of power. If the Eva puts its AT Field up to stop itself from being grabbed, it runs out of power faster.

That said, I agree with >>14334470

>>14334750
>You'd need an Eva to defeat another Eva

Except, uh, the time Shinji got his ass kicked by Ramiel. And Shinji and Asuka got their asses kicked by the twin angel. And Asuka and Rei got their asses kicked by Zereul. And Arael beating Asuka. And Sandalphon nearly making Asuka Die In Magma.

Actually, that last one's a great point - Evas have problem with intense heat. How much heat do you think Gunbuster makes in the center of the storm of a DOUBLE BUSTER COLLIDER?
>>
>>14335332
The only thing that you can really pit against Gunbuster is #7.

Which ends in Nono asking for an autograph.
>>
File: Ideon.jpg (17 KB, 280x281) Image search: [Google]
Ideon.jpg
17 KB, 280x281
>>14335381
Ahem
>>
>>14335394
That's not really a fair fight. Either Ideon wins in the first few second because the Ide is already angry, or it's a mutual KO after Gunbuster literally tears the thing apart.
>>
>>14335381
TTGL, A couple of the getters, the transforming guys from heroic age, Aquarion logos, demonbane. I'm sure there are a bunch more.
>>
>>14334750
>you'd need an Eva to defeat another Eva

Didn't Shin Getter show up out of fucking nowhere and wreck Unit 04?
>>
>>14335394
Depends on if the Ideon Gun gets a shot off before the Gunbuster can make a move.

Then again do we have a frame of reference for the Ideon's speed and durability? Everything in the show is supposed to be so far in the future it's high sci-fi where humanity has branched off into different aliens
>>
>>14335511
In Alpha 1, Bardiel possessing Eva 03 fucked over the Saotome Labs (which is why in the future Alpha games they're the Getter G version).

Shin Getter woke up and, if you didn't play like an idiot, proceeded to OHKO the Angel with Stoner Sunshine. The Angel, mind. Eva 03 and Touji got out fine.
>>
>>14335565
How did it kill only the angel and not the EVA and Touji?
>>
>>14335524
It doesn't matter, Ideon dies, the Universe dies.
see >>14335399
>>
>>14335616
Do you dare question Getter Rays? Heck, it can fucking kill Gol AND revive a corpse Master Asia forcibly stuck to the Devil Gundam if it wanted to,
>>
>>14335524
From what we saw in the show and movies his powering up is a gradual thing with small sudden spikes, it would more than likely end up being destroyed and unleashin the Ide on everyone during its death
>>
>>14335651
Fine, the getter rays do whatever the fuck they want. Makes more sense then trying to think about it.
>>
Considering what kind of shit gets normally thrown at Gunbuster, I would think the Positron Rifle would only work if Shinji took it by surprise.

And that thing has way too long of a charge time to really be surprising
>>
Noriko could probably just blow up Earth and leave Shinji helpless. I mean she never would, but theoretically Gunbuster is strong enough to do that.

>>14335565
>proceeded to OHKO the Angel with Stoner Sunshine.
In fairness, Stoner Sunshine as it's displayed in works seems less like a blast and more like something that breaks down objects on the molecular level.
>>
>>14335727
I don't think it would work at all. Besides BUSTAA SHIELD you have GB tanking two giant crusher aliens trying to crush it which I'd imagine is a little more painful than a shitty positron rofl.
>>
>>14335741

Well that's physical force vs energy, which is why I don't equate the two
>>
>>14335735
>In fairness, Stoner Sunshine as it's displayed in works seems less like a blast and more like something that breaks down objects on the molecular level.
What? Really? I always thought it looked more like a Getter Rays nuke.
>>
>>14335616
Because Shin Getter was fucking mad at that Angel piece of shit blowing up the Saotome Labs and all and didn't feel like playing with its mind games of "oh but there's an innocent pilot inside!" so it specifically blew the fuck out of the Angel and failed to hurt the pilot because it goddamn could.

tl;dr it's getter rays don't question it.

>>14335745
Gunbuster completely negated a few energy... things shot at it with the Inertial Canceller, between that and the Shield it should have the Positron Cannon well in hand even if you highball the energy it used.
>>
>>14334391
Eva
>>
>>14341402
Gunbuster.
>>
>>14334391
From the thimbnail it looks like the EVA is strumming a guitar, what Gunbuster would bring for the jam?
>>
>>14334470
I don't know. Gunbuster can easily just stomp on everything, but I think the Kaiser's absurd durability and spikiness would hurt the Buster's feet.
>>
>>14334391
>Who wins?
You must be fucking joking.
The only reason that positron rifle was even effective against the angel it was used on was because of a so-predictable-it's-almost-passive behavior pattern on the angel's part. A moving, active enemy would be a whole other ball game. Not to mention the fact that the Eva had to stay where the power connections for the rifle were, or the fact that the angel could have just shifted its aim from Unit 00's space-shuttle shield to the huge infrastructure of cables powering the rifle and there would have been no second shot from the Unit 01.

Most of the angels in NGE were such one-trick-ponies that they made Mega-Man bosses look like Daigo Umehara by comparison. Even the one that pwnd Asuka was a slow-moing, single-attack enemy, she just couldn't negate its LOLNOPE field.
>>
>>14342755
I don't know about a jam, but I have this image in my head of Gunbuster playing one of those fucking massive pipe organs.
>>
>>14342755
>like the EVA is strumming a guitar
Evas play electric string instruments mirroring the new "animation" in Death
>>
>>14342755
Gunbuster would bring a kickass drum set.
>>
>>14335123
>AT fields are penetrated by progressive knives, which are basically just molecule-sharp knives that vibrate very quickly.

That's not entirely accurate. The knives work because the Evas use their own AT field to cancel out the angels field. The knife helps but it's mostly the cancelation of fields. They're a lot harder to brute force.
>>
>>14343245
Regardless, in terms of brute force, Gunbuster's weapons would be like dropping the entire fucking moon on an Eva's AT field at terminal velocity.

The only other Gainax robot that even comes close to its level would be something like Super Galactic Gurren Lagann. Nono and Dix Neuf aren't really comparable, TTGL is a step above, and everything else is way below
>>
>>14343599
Nono together with Dix Neuf would far outclass them though, they did after all crack open a singularity
>>
>>14334391
Gunbuster how is this even a question? Nothing short of gaogaigar with goldion hammer can even think of opposing it. Gunbuster is about as strong as a mecha can get without with out god modding. Mazinkaiser would probably lose rather easily and even Shin Getter eould have a hard fight.
>>
>>14345721
Shin Getter can literally meld with any type of matter/energy, it's more than a match for Gunbuster.
>>
>>14345721
>GGG
Too slow, and also too small. The Goldion Hammer would look like a toy miniature in Gunbuster's hands

The Goldion Crusher might be a better match, but even then, Gunbuster survived a far bigger explosion than the one Pisa Sol made even if it did lose its lower half in the process

You probably need to be a tier above being able to destroy a planet to defeat Gunbuster, and very few mecha are that powerful
>>
>>14335347
Turn A would rape all of Eva including Rebuild.
>>
Super Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann beats everything.
>>
>>14350090
Except for Getter Emperor and EG Demonbane
>>
>>14350090
It lost to Super Granzeboma, though. So did most of the smaller forms. It took them getting too small for the thing to properly hit by constantly breaking to smaller forms and lowering their power to even get to the Anti-Spiral, and even then Simon nearly lost.
>>
>>14350010
>Literally Giant Cyborgs.
Moonlight Butterfly doesn't work on flesh friend.
>>
There really aren't that many mecha that can beat Gunbuster in outright combat.

Light speed, people.
>>
>>14335635
Killing Ideon doesn't end the universe, just sentient life.
So yeah it's still a FUCK EVERYTHING button but let's not exaggerate here.
>>
>>14352329
How do we know the universe survives if there's no sentient life left to observe it?
>>
>>14349972
Goldion Hammer/Crusher turns matter into photons or some bullshit like that
I guess it depends if it can get through the Inertial Canceller without getting fried, probably not since as cool as it is, even Genesic GGG isn't THAT impressive as far as bullshit strong mechs go.
>>
>>14352335
Cause the end of the movie didn't show the universe getting wiped out, just a lot of naked space ghosts and some IRL nature footage.
>>
>>14334391
Is this a joke?

Gunbuster could defeat every single Angel and every single EVA all at the same time. It's at least double the fucking size of the biggest Angel, can negate shit (better than an AT field) with its cape and has so many weapons I can't even fit them into this text field. EVAs by comparison take a shitton of energy to even get going, have to remain plugged in, are run by poorly trained children with personaliy disorders and have a severe risk of just going berserk (that's not a good thing against a mecha that can fucking fly).

>>14334413
I'm with this guy; EVAs are only "strong" on a technical level; if you could somehow get rid of the fact that they're so awkward to run, get rid of the shitty pilots who are having an off day 50% of the time and give them a full weapons loadout, they still can't fly, still have no weapons built into them and can't even use their signature move (AT Field) at will unless they've acquired a certain part/pilot.
>>
Could an EVA defeat even one space monster?

Like say that one they unearth on Titan in Diebuster; could an EVA defeat that one?
>>
>>14352475
The one in Diebuster? No.

But the normal ones would be easy. All it would take is an N2 weapon.
>>
Would Evas using the F-type armor from the NGE 2 PS2 game be able to win by firing Impact Bolt?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4HEu_FqZRwQ
>>
>>14352065
>It lost to Super Granzeboma
That didn't happen, silly tripnigger.
>>
>>14335616
Evolution.
>>
>>14352467
>It's at least double the fucking size of the biggest Angel

I think that's wrong because Sahaquiel (the one who's plan was using itself as a tool for an orbital bombardment) was pretty damn big, it was dwarfing the 40 meter tall Evas. Aside from that one yes though.

>>14352335
There was sapient life after Ideon got done with everything, those worm things were still alive. And we see the universe is still there because there's stars and shit and it's not a black void.
Thread replies: 108
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.