[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
My favorite mecha series so far have been Dolores, Patlabor and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4
File: Cockpit Time.png (1 MB, 1247x943) Image search: [Google]
Cockpit Time.png
1 MB, 1247x943
My favorite mecha series so far have been Dolores, Patlabor and VOTOMS. In general, I dislike shows of excessive force coming from a single mech, power levels and "lol it's the production model so it sucks!" and enjoy older protagonists and mech designs consistent with each other. The themes of family in dolores and friendship in patlabor were my favorite, while I really enjoyed the presentation of votoms' mechs as generally just being tools.

I didn't like evangelion, because it was a clusterfuck when it wasn't being depressing and it avoided placing the mechs in the center stage at all cost. Most of the gundam i've watched is too focused on demonizing war or wanking power levels to be enjoyable in my book and stuff like gurren lagan is okay, but too dumb to watch more than one episode at a time. lolodouche's first half was okay, but it kept turning weirder and weirder until it finally got too absurd to enjoy.

Gundam Build Fighters is what I'm watching now. It started okay, but it gets sillier and sillier as it goes on. Fuck alien kid, he manages to stop all character development on everyone he meets.

So, tl;dr, is there anything else with a feel similar to votoms, patlabor or zoe dolores? I love mechs, but it seems like most mech anime just rubs me the wrong way.
>>
>>14330905
Dai-guard has a lot in common with Patlabor, particularly the TV series.
>>
>>14330905
I want to fuck that robot
>>
>>14330971
Dolores is a QT.
>>
File: Batman.jpg (151 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Batman.jpg
151 KB, 1920x1080
>>14330905
If you can't find enjoyment in watching magical kung-fu robot superheroes, then yes, mecha are not for you and you should stop watching.

Though before you do, I suggest that you watch a show that has very few/no piloted robots, and only one that's on the side of the protagonist, as that would seem to bypass most of your issues.

Pic related would be good to try
>>
>>14330905
You know, you might like Argento Soma.

The excessive force from a single entity (not a mech, exactly) is there, but it requires teamwork from the mechs, to soften the targets up.

Also, EDGE the MC.
>>
File: gasaraki.jpg (47 KB, 608x448) Image search: [Google]
gasaraki.jpg
47 KB, 608x448
>>14330905
Watch other Ryousuke real-robot-god Takahashi (Votoms) : Gasaraki, Flag, Dougram
>>
bump. I want to know too.
>>
>>14330905
why does that mech have a penis?
>>
>>14330905
Takahashi's other military stuff, like Dougram, would be a place to start.
>>
>>14333704
So that you can ride it.
>>
File: yoda seen some shit.jpg (111 KB, 450x300) Image search: [Google]
yoda seen some shit.jpg
111 KB, 450x300
I'll be watching the suggestions, right after i finish builders.
>mfw they go from trying to beat opponents through tactics and loadouts to just straight up hacking the game to get god mode.
>mfw the series doesn't demonize the blatant cheating and instead embraces it
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.