[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Valvrave the Liberator
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 8
File: mpv-shot0001.jpg (158 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
mpv-shot0001.jpg
158 KB, 1280x720
Man, I wish I had picked this up while it was airing.
After hearing how shit it was, I had to check it out.
It's no masterpiece, but it was an enjoyable ride.
So, Valvrave thread.
>>
>>14330092
I hate the show's aesthetic.

It wasn't the worst ever, but it was incredibly forgetttable.

The only reason I still even think of it is because of "him"
>>
Cross Ange is better.
>>
>>14330098
I wouldn't be surprised if most peple here remembered VVV only because of him.
>>
>>14330092
>After hearing how shit it was, I had to check it out.
Valvrave is actually a masterpiece tho, you just fell for the valvrager's meme of "hurr durr it's so shit".
>>
>>14330100
No it wasn't Fukuda
>>
File: mpv-shot0003.jpg (91 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
mpv-shot0003.jpg
91 KB, 1280x720
>>14330098
You mean..?
>>
>>14330113
No, my dear newchild.

I mean the great scourge.

>>14330108
Are you the kiddo that's been pushing the "clever Gothic horror" mantra?

It will never catch on.
>>
>>14330092
More proof of Studio Nerima's ability to churn out constant trainwrecks.
>>
File: space prussian fury elemental.jpg (113 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
space prussian fury elemental.jpg
113 KB, 640x640
>>14330127
Don't bully me anon, I could write an essay on the subject matter if I had the inclination.

But I'd never call it a masterpiece.
Only arrogant people talk of masterworks.

Plus I would need to rewatch the show and I'm saving that for October.
>>
>>14330162
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bqzGOm9wmn0

Enjoy this horror.
>>
File: ou.gif (960 KB, 382x282) Image search: [Google]
ou.gif
960 KB, 382x282
>>14330172
Ok but seriously.

It's the height of arrogance.
Just saying.
>>
ERU-ERUFU
>>
File: 1366734664449.jpg (56 KB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
1366734664449.jpg
56 KB, 960x540
>>14330225

I miss that goofy undercurrent S1 had.
>>
>>14330100
>>14330111
Who got in srw first?
>>
I defended the show up to the point where Shoko betrayed Haruto
At that point I started to see this show for the Kamen Rider Kiva level of shit it is.
>>
>>14330264
You should put it in terms of how long from release until it got into an SRW.
>>
>>14330297
The show I found tolerable until the whole betrayal. If only they made the animu about l-elf and all his incredible ass pulls it would have had a better chance don't even give him a robot just let him ass rape them with ass pulls
>>
>>14330264
Gargantia.
>>
There have been numerous undisputable masterpieces in giant robot anime, such as the strikingly realistic classic Mobile Suit Gundam or its medieval counterpart Escaflowne. Valvrave will not join their ranks; its surface is too generic, its presentation too provocative and its messages too obscure. Its take on the abysmal is an illumination in one person’s despair, but a paroxysm of another’s perversion. It will remain underground – treasured by the most avant-garde among intellectuals for its edifying if horrifying insight into the fundaments of human morality. Philistines and self-proclaimed critics alike will shun Valvrave, but you can’t fault them for that. It takes wisdom to appreciate its subtleties, and courage to side with the unpopular opinion. Sed domi maneas paresque nobis novem continuas fututiones.

Superficially, Valvrave appears to be a show which caters to the most proletarian among men; aloof critics dismiss it as such often without a second thought. As complacent as these self-proclaimed "heaters of blood" are, they fail to realize that Valvrave is a cult classic, a chef d'oeuvrea buried under false preconceptions and unfounded criticism. This gem is hidden because it does not shine; it is buried because its tone is that of abyssal black. Valvrave pries into to the darkest corners of our subconscious, the most visceral of our cognition, the most carnal of our urges, and the most primal of our instincts.

As brilliantly put by Cattalus, "Pedicabo ego vos et irrumabo"; to describe the artistic qualia of Valvrave would be to describe music to the deaf, color to the blind or beauty to the philistine. The painting speaks for itself, and it is up to the player to fully absorb its depth. Its sublimity will ever be debated yet always remain objectively irrefutable; the fundamental insight it provides into human and perhaps animalistic nature may shape the basis of moving pictures for centuries to come.
>>
>>14330092
this was awful
>>
quick! someone send out the rage signal.
>>
>>14331693
ayyyyyy

>>14332914
>I bumped the thread from page 9 to tell you all this
>>
>>14330092
>Man, I wish I had picked this up while it was airing.

Yeah, I imagine it doesn't marathon well. The show was made to watch live, and shit post about it.

You also missed fun shit image boards made up for it, like "brain problems" and Jewbro.
>>
File: Nokia Fight.gif (2 MB, 320x231) Image search: [Google]
Nokia Fight.gif
2 MB, 320x231
>>14331693
Please tell me this is pasta
>>
>>14330297
It's interesting you compare it to KR Kiva given that if we look at Geass, Kabaneri and VVV, you can certainly see a number of visual or thematic motifs that are borrowed or inspired from the work of Shotaro Ishimori that I would say Okouchi despite having made his rep with Tomino shows is certainly is more influenced by the former.
>>
>>14335493
I think you're seeing things dude. I don't see the parallels at all.
>>
I liked Valvrave just fine. Had some really cool mecha action and concepts, the space vampires were unexpected, overall I thought it was solid.
>>
File: L-Elf's bizarre adventure.jpg (62 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
L-Elf's bizarre adventure.jpg
62 KB, 1280x720
>>14335407
Nah if anything it's easier to marathon because you don't have to wait a week for each new episode.

I'd gladly trade the shitposting opportunities for bingewatching opportunities.
>>
>>14336292
No, marathoning it just highlights how bad, boring, and joyless it is.
>>
>>14335504
In VVV/Kabaneri there is the motif of a) the heroes being monsters and b) using the power derived from the enemy (kabaneri and magius) to fight for justice, which is pretty much the most common cited KR motif by the likes of Inoue and Urobuchi . And of course in geass there is enough visual/thematic similarities between the anti-heroes Zero and Skullman.
>>
>>14337280
I wouldn't ascribe that to being purely the property of Ishinomori's rider archetypes.

The protagonist being of supernatural disposition conflicting against some otherworldly order fits gothic fiction just as well.

Besides obviously Valvrave is just giant robot Kamen Rider Faiz, except Hito isn't a slut like the Faiz belt.
>>
>>14337295
>The protagonist being of supernatural disposition conflicting against some otherworldly order fits every fiction just as well.
Fixed
>>
>>14337300
wew lad
>>
>>14337280
That's actually pretty generic. Blade comes right to mind, as well as pretty much all good guy monster stereotypes from vampire hunters to Teen Wolf

>>14337295
>Kamen Rider Faiz
Uh no, there are some pretty significant differences here.
Takumi is nothing like Haruto. For starters, the surprise with Takumi is not revealed until later and the conflict from the surprise is pretty reasonable.
Mari is not built up to be the idea leader, nor is she some super charismatic girl.
There is no ass-pull characters like L-Elf. Most of the ass-pull are bad writing to the entire plot.
Evil are not clear cut in Faiz as was in VVV. You can't attribute everything to lolspacevampires

I loved Faiz for all its glory and faults. VVV is very much a different beast.
>>
>>14338604
Takumi also wasn't a whiny bitch.
>>
>>14338604
Nigga I was being sarcastic about Faiz.

>>14338617
Sup Valvrager.
>>
>>14338651
>sarcastic
This is the Internet. Whenever people say they're being sarcastic it's usually them getting busted for being a retard, just like people going "lool i trolled u"

>>14338617
Takumi whines all the time, what the fuck are you talking about. Difference is Takumi stopped whining when shit hits the fan. In fact when everyone else start losing their shit (Kiba, Kusaka, even Keitaro), Takumi became the anchor for them.
>>
>>14338692
Dude, when the sole point made was "lol beltslut" it should be clear it wasn't a serious comment.

If it were serious, it would've been more thought out.
>>
Question for the ages:

Are Valvrave threads still so shitty they just devolve into off topic rants?

Or is Kamen Rider General so shitty that its regulars will hijack any thread just so they can discuss karate bugmen elsewhere from /krg/?
>>
>>14338721
>Are Valvrave threads still so shitty they just devolve into off topic rants?
Yes
>Or is Kamen Rider General so shitty that its regulars will hijack any thread just so they can discuss karate bugmen elsewhere from /krg/?
No, the Tokufags are the most upstanding pillars of the community!
JK, they aren't.
>>
>>14338706
Hey man, didn't mean to offend you if you are. I honestly cannot tell at this point.

>>14338721
Thread devolving and derailing is the nature of any beast on the Internet. Why do you think Godwin's Law is a thing?

>>14338748
/krg/ is malignant, /ssg/, /prg/ /garo/ are still benign.
Though really any time a thread is a "general" means it's shit
>>
>>14330113
ERUERUFU is the show's only redeeming factor aside from the whole "bodysnatching vampire rape-powered mechas vs. space nazi ayylmao ghosts" concept, but the real issue is a certain /m/eister who would haunt these kinds of threads...
>>
File: Valv Chart.jpg (1 MB, 1277x4319) Image search: [Google]
Valv Chart.jpg
1 MB, 1277x4319
The only anime I don't regret watching with /a/. The threads were nothing but artistic shitposting.
>>
>>14340077
The shitposting was the only worthwhile thing about it because the actual show was complete crap.
>>
>>14339892
>ERUERUFU is the show's only redeeming factor
If you like generic boring gary stus.
>>
Valvrave is fucking dog shit and the mechs looks like somebody super clued a can and poured glass shards all over it.
>>
>>14330113
Haruto in the end was an awful lead in all the worst ways and he should have been killed off much earlier in order to make way for L-Elf. L-Elf got shit done at the end of the day.
>>
>>14330092
whoever was mech designer for the series did an awful job. I really hate CGI mechs.
>>
>>14340077
>enabling shitposting

>>14340085
>>14340090
>>14340094
>>14340104
>>14340107
>unironically shitposting
Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.