[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
TVs that can into EG?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
I'm finally entering the world of HD tvs. Are there any that can handle [EG] or other high-end encodes via built-in players?
I'm sure I'll hook up some computer to it eventually, but if it can just read stuff off a usb drive that would be cool.
>>
>>14329570
Like, a TV that lets you play .mkv files?
>>
>>14329570
Why not just use a HDMI cable?
>>
>>14329570
Unfortunately, you're probably left with no choice but to just directly hook up a pc to the TV.
>>
>>14329570
>via built-in players
Check with your manual or just test it out yourself

Sometimes they don't play certain codecs, and more often than not they won't properly render the subtitles properly due to not having the fonts if it's not hard-subbed. Mine reads mkvs perfectly fine, but forces the resolution of any file to 16:9 when I use the built-in USB slot and the video adjust button doesn't function in that mode, so I rely on an HDMI cable instead. Funimation rips work just fine given that they're hardsubbed and already and in 16:9, and most other file formats work fine too.
>>
>>14329570
I say fuck it and use an HDMI cable (like $5 at wal mart) to hook your laptop or pc up to your tv
>>
>>14329737
*.MKV is the container, it's the codecs used that matter.
>>
There are some andriod boxes you could probably run higher end encodes off of for cheap, but you're better off hooking your computer up and using that. Or making a HTPC if you wanna blow some cash on a weekend project.
>>
>>14329570
Get a Raspberry Pi with Kodi(XBMC), it'll play anything that's not 10-bit if you want a cheap solution.

If you want 10-bit support you'll probably be best off building and hooking up a small HTPC or something. Build around a Micro ATX is shelf space is an issue.
>>
>>14330175
They still have to understand the container format, and some some daft reason hardware players are made by cavemen who live watching AVI's of rocks smashing together.
>>
>>14329570
Connecting it to your computer is the only sane choice. A little tweaking to your feng sui and you'll have the ultimate multimedia beast in no time. One that you can forever update to handle the latest codecs, I might add. A temporary solution will get you nowhere fast
>>
>>14329570
There are some Samsungs I know of that can.
You're gonna be better off just hooking it up via hdmi though. I can guarantee you that if you put the effrt in, your PC with a quality player will shit all over whatever shit renderer the TV uses.
>>14329993
I think he's looking to purchase.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.