[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Fix it.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4
File: NadesicoPrinceo.jpg (62 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
NadesicoPrinceo.jpg
62 KB, 500x500
since it's in the new SRW I ask, How would YOU make Prince of Darkness not suck.

Keeping the basic premises in tact.

Yuri is a captain and main character
Akito is still Batman Punisher
Yurkia is still whatever the fuck she was, I don't remember.
You can set up for a sequel but shit does need to happen here

As I saw it there was too much time dicking around with summer vacation fluff, which would have been fine if not for the grimmer tone of what happened to our previous heroes. So you really need to cut the vacation stuff a lot shorter. Manga drawing scene? gone entirely.

Now with all the extra time we can set up a proper gathering of the old gang, explore the villains a bit more, and maybe get some hints of what's actually going on.

We don't have to "save Akito" just yet and can leave that for the latter films but at least give more insight into what's going on with him and that we're working towards resolving shit.
>>
Gai Boson Jumps back into existence and SUPER NAPPERs the emo out of Akito's face.

Also, Ryoko dyes her hair green again.
>>
>>14327106
>Yuri main character and Akita is still a faggot
>Not sucking

You know you have to pick one.
>>
>>14327131
But those are true for the TV series too.
>>
>>14327211
Well can get to burning out of here
>>
saturn game translations never
>>
>>14327231
Shoulda specified that I meant
>Ruri main character and Akito is still a faggot
is the true part, not the part about sucking.
>>
>>14327233

wasn't that a prequel anyways. I mean it would certainly help contextualize things but hardly resolve them. Though having your movie plot hinge on a saturn game probably isn't a great idea anyways
>>
Reminder that another game came out after the movie. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWf0mp1U5uc
>>
File: Nadesico_Prince_of_Darkness.png (539 KB, 851x477) Image search: [Google]
Nadesico_Prince_of_Darkness.png
539 KB, 851x477
>>14327106
>since it's in the new SRW I ask, How would YOU make Prince of Darkness not suck.

Oh god, I still remember my main gripe from when I watched it years ago and have the screenshot I took.

What I would do is make the climactic final battle not suck.

First off, when the main character finally gets to face the man responsible for all the horrible shit he and his lover have been put through, the fight shouldn't end in a single punch.

Second, make the villain actually villainous. Imagine trying to explain this set-up to someone who's never seen it before.

>You see the plain, red mecha in the foreground? That's the villain.
>You see that oversized, black mecha with all the protrusions in the distance? That's the good guy.

They're in the wrong mechas! The bad guy's got to be big and intimidating to the good guy.

You could keep the same design for Akito's mecha, but you've got to make the villain's even bigger and more evil-looking.

Third, have some actual wrap-up at the end and character interaction at the end when the missing girl finally gets reunited with everyone. It went by in the blink of an eye. I timed it just for this post. The time between the last shot of the villain being defeated and the credits rolling is EXACTLY one minute, and there's nothing of any substance in other than they found Yureka and she's fine.

Also, fuck you for comedic radio chatter play over Akito and the villain staring each other down as they prepare to fight only to have the audacity to make the eyes of Akito's mecha tear up with oil when the villain is defeated.
>>
>>14327288
P.S. YEAH, I'M MAD. GOOD FUCKING NIGHT.
>>
>>14327106
>Akito is still Batman Punisher
ok so it still sucks, no fixing that

actually here's a fix, make best girl's hair green again
>>
>>14327293
it's okay anon im mad too
>>
>>14327288
>Also, fuck you for comedic radio chatter play over Akito and the villain staring each other down

See I think you can actually make that work give it's Nadesico.

In theory the combined quirkiness of the crew should be nothing more than a constant roadblock to his edginess.

Akito's got his frank castle thing going on. The bad guy's doing bad guy stuff. They're at maximum edge and the nadesico shows up at their absolute nadesicoist, gekiganger references, comical infighting, puns, the whole works and that causes both Akito and the villain (whose name I can't remember) to break down TV series style telling everyone to shut their pie holes.

Of course this is all riding on the movie having decent enough writing to get all the characters to that point.

It's an idea anyways.
>>
Another thing os that they spend the movie gathering the cast and then Ruri solves the plot by herself.
>>
>>14327288
>They're in the wrong mechas! The bad guy's got to be big and intimidating to the good guy.
How exactly do you intimidate a guy who's suffered through all the shit Akito had done to him? Hokushin or w/e showing up in a big fancy monstrosity would probably just piss him off more.
>>
>>14327431

man did Izumi do anything in that movie? Did Megumi get a line at all? Fuck even the Manga scene, something that was Hikaru's schtick was completely overshadowed by Ruri.
>>
>>14327106
It's fine as is.
>>
File: shot0001.jpg (2 MB, 1910x1032) Image search: [Google]
shot0001.jpg
2 MB, 1910x1032
>>14328388
This.
>>
>>14327431
Sounds similar to the actual series
>>
>How would YOU make Prince of Darkness not suck
Make Black Selena kill stuff for 45mins
>>
>How would YOU make Prince of Darkness not suck.

By making PoD Akito not join late in SRW.
>>
>>14328508

That WOULD make it a lot more enjoyable.
>>
>>14328388
>>14328498

No. It really isn't.

>>14328501

Ruri really didn't need two origin episodes
>>
>>14327358
If the movie had more Nadesico Characters Doing Silly Things, it wouldn't have been nearly as bad, but with as little of it as there was it's a problem. Part of Nadesico's thing was having a bunch of silly moments and then a bunch of serious ones, because it's a fucking parody. But it still worked. The movie spent too long being serious, and didn't let the silly have any time to get out.

The best scene of the movie is still the one where it cuts back to Earth during the invasion and the Martian Successors hit Nergal, and Akatsuki (Of all the people, Akatsuki!) set up this entire fucking comedy routine to welcome them, and then Genichiro thwarts their invasion by STYLISH COMBOing their mechs. That part was funny. Ruri going "ok your entire army loses" and them going "oh no for we have lost" was dumb because it was presented straight and meant to be taken seriously mostly. Akito's final battle was meant to be taken seriously and his enemy goes down like a chump. But that battle was WE ALL HAVE GATHERED HERE TO LAUGH AT YOU and so them winning with ease was fine (that it had some of the better animation in the entire movie for the robots helps, even though the scene was way too short to make use of it)

Oh and of course >>14328508.
>>
>>14327106
Minimize the amount of time spent between the movie starting and everyone getting back together. The final battle is kinda underwhelming but what really sinks PoD is that it's Ruri the Show (and no one else matters). Once the crew is re-assembled the movie is pretty alright, but by that time it's also almost over.

PoD is the mecha equivalent of a superhero sequel where you expect the hero to kick ass but he spends most of it moping or wasting time, and only really gets back in costume in the last 15 minutes. And by the hero I don't mean Ruri, or Akito. I mean the whole Nadesico crew.
>>
literally have a wild gang of hogs rape ruri.
>>
>>14329933

It may have been lazy but you really needed to give the rest of the crew their moments.

Ryoko and her team out their fighting and winning

Some shit gets broke so Seiya has to fix it.
>>
>>14327106
Give it an actual sequel.
>>
>>14330042

well you have to get to a point where a sequel is possible and the trilogy isn't scrapped for sucking

man Banpresto is making it really hard to pretend this shit never happened
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.