[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why did Char go from "Fuck yeah! Newtypes!" to "I
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: Gundamep42c.jpg (73 KB, 890x666) Image search: [Google]
Gundamep42c.jpg
73 KB, 890x666
Why did Char go from "Fuck yeah! Newtypes!" to "I have to exterminate all Newtypes" during the battle of A Baoa Qu and then back to "Fuck yeah! Newtypes!" basically during/right after the battle?

I get that he hates Amuro and all but his brief and extreme "Kill all Newtypes" boner just seems contrary to everything he stands for before and after the battle.
>>
>People have certain responsibilities.
What did he mean by this?
>>
File: Kamen Sense.jpg (72 KB, 300x477) Image search: [Google]
Kamen Sense.jpg
72 KB, 300x477
Char is not exactly a person with common sense
>>
>>14325240
>"I have to exterminate all Newtypes"

huh?
>>
Char is a indecisive sociopath who would probably try and make earth uninhabitable if he could.
>>
> "Fuck yeah! Newtypes!"
As Char Aznable
>"I have to exterminate all Newtypes"
As Casval.
>"Fuck yeah! Newtypes!"
As Quadro Vagina
>>
>>14325240
>"I have to exterminate all Newtypes
More like "I have to kill the newtypes which may be dangerous to my cause, especially that canook jap."
>>
>>14325240
>Why did Char go from "Fuck yeah! Newtypes!" to "I have to exterminate all Newtypes" during the battle of A Baoa Qu and then back to "Fuck yeah! Newtypes!" basically during/right after the battle?

If you've followed Char "I never betrayed anyone" Aznable from through the franchise leading up to CCA, you'd already know the answer to your question.
>>
Char is a little boy in a man's body. Forced to fight and have this "great destiny" bullshit forced on him. He doesn't know what he is supposed to do after he killed the Zabis.
>>
>>14325240
Char has an extreme case of cognitive dissonance. He changes his view from fuck yeah new types to fuck you newtypes whenever it's convenient
>>
As far as characters with "character development" Char goes far. And by far I mean the guy is pretty absolutist when he makes up his mind, only changing when he fucks him, consequences be damned. During Zeta his adopted persona lets him be the "good guy" and sets him on the tract that humanity needs time to get better. Then he gets impatient and we get CCA.
>>
>>14325240

You either got really bad subs or need to pay attention.

Char doesn't say that he has to kill all the newtypes. He says that newtypes who aren't following his agenda need to go, for the sake of newtypes and humanity - a newtype who doesn't drink Char's coolaid is the most dangerous thing to him, since Newtypes are the crux of his ideology. Its like when women speak out against feminism or black people speak out against black lives matter, it really hurts their narrative, and usually they get ultra vicious towards the individual for it.

Saylah points out to Char that Amuro doesn't give a shit about his plans and isn't in the way of them, and that they have no reason to be fighting .Char goes " Good point, I guess I'll go finish up my revenge plan on the Zabis instead".
>>
>>14325272
This
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.