[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Watched Patlabor the Movie, the OVA, and now I'm watching
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: http___i.imgur.com_gghUhxo.jpg (102 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
http___i.imgur.com_gghUhxo.jpg
102 KB, 1280x960
Watched Patlabor the Movie, the OVA, and now I'm watching the TV series. I like it very much, but does it get more intense later on? More plot and mech battles and less nice comic episodes (though I enjoy it too).
>>
There's a serious story arc that lasts like four or five episodes.
>>
>>14317871
>but does it get more intense later on?

No. Enjoy your somewhat formulaic police comedy show.

OVA II breaks the formula a lot and is GREAT because of it. It's probably the best thing in Patlabor overall.
>>
OVA II does which continues from the end of the TV series

But why didn't you watch movies 2 and 3 first, they belong to that continuity and not the TV canon
>>
>>14317871
>but does it get more intense later on?

It picks up in a few places with the Phantom and Griffon.
>>
>>14317871
Manga translation when?
>>
>>14317871
OVA>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>TV series rule applies for everything. Don't even bother.
>>
OVA 1 and movies continuity are more serious and political, heavy on the talking heads, I honestly think movie 1 is the best anime movie in existence and I would kill to erase my memory and watch movie 2 all over again.

TV and OVA2 continuity is much more laid back, it focuses more on the characters and their relationships as they develop, OVA2 is mostly about the life in SV2 aside from the Griffon arc that has intense Labor battles, after that it's just SV2 hanging out.
>>
What's with that OVA episode where there's a giant monster that looks like that tall guy? I just don't get it
>>
>>14318359

What's to get?
>>
I recently got Hulu and saw they had the first movie, the ovas and the tv series. Which order should I watch them in?
>>
File: Patlabor_manga_cover.jpg (30 KB, 300x437) Image search: [Google]
Patlabor_manga_cover.jpg
30 KB, 300x437
>>14318307
only 2 vols of the 22 volume series were translated by Viz in the 90's
look on the usual sorces for fan translations of the remaining volumes.
>>
>>14323858
> first movie, the ovas and the tv series
going by wikipedia [https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patlabor]
you have 2 choices:
1] OVA series 1 then first movie
OR
2] TV series, then OVA 2 [as that one has episodes relating to the gryphon arc from the TV series]
>>
>>14324069

I wish this thing was translated but no such luck.
>>
>>14318392
Not much
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.