[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Warbirds
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 13
What is it with ships with this design that makes something click in my head? I know they arent a practical design and never likely to be adopted by Earth in the case of us actually getting that far, but why do I kinda wish that we would? I mean, what is it with Romulan Warbirds and other bird like star ships that makes me yearn for more ships that look like this?
>>
>>
>>14317610

Bold, sweeping lines. There's a really nice flow about that second design, I just like looking at it.
>>
>>14317626
Say what you will about STO, those guys can design warbirds.
>>
File: Use viewer.jpg (314 KB, 927x505) Image search: [Google]
Use viewer.jpg
314 KB, 927x505
>>14317504
I dunno, I never liked em

But then again I guess I find most of the ships in Star Trek kinda doofy

Don't get me wrong, its not a BAD look. Plus these STO ones like much sicker than the ones in the shows to me
>>
>>
>>14317684
I agree with this anon.
Dominion ships were pretty dope, tho
>>
>>
File: 290EurekaSeven5.jpg (75 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
290EurekaSeven5.jpg
75 KB, 800x600
>>14317504
Novelty?
I mean, most people agree that forward swept wings are cool as fuck on any fighter plane.

They go against the convention, therefore they are interesting/nice looking than the conventional 50 shades of the same thing.
>>
>>
>>14317504
Good taste.
>>
>>14321518
Where is that from?
>>
>>14332090
Star Trek online Id imagine. They added in a bunch of new or remodeled ship designs.
>>
File: romulan_warbird_wallpaper_cvunq.jpg (63 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
romulan_warbird_wallpaper_cvunq.jpg
63 KB, 1024x768
Best ship coming through
>>
>>14335134
I like it when you see more windows on the head. That way it looks akin to some kind of flying city.
>>
File: Warhawkcopy_zps58ca7d30.png (1 MB, 773x1023) Image search: [Google]
Warhawkcopy_zps58ca7d30.png
1 MB, 773x1023
Birdships are fucking cool
>>
File: kbop54564.jpg (4 MB, 2436x1680) Image search: [Google]
kbop54564.jpg
4 MB, 2436x1680
Apparently there was a scene from Star Trek 3 that was cut where the Klingons stole the Bird of Prey from the Romulans, which explains the red bird feathers on the underneath of the wings and the cloaking device.
>>
>>14335292
It makes a lot more sense for it to have had some Romulan involvement, if only because it's freaking named a Bird Of Prey which is a Romulan thing. And really there's not much to say otherwise except Enterprise, but we all know Enterprise was just Riker's poorly-constructed historical fiction.
>>
>>14335292
I used to love that design. But now, I just love the sleek and majestic look of romulan ships more. Even the TOS Bird of Prey. Heck I wish the other romulan ships in STO could get a similar bird like skin like the starting Warbird does.
>>
>>14335398
>It makes a lot more sense for it to have had some Romulan involvement, if only because it's freaking named a Bird Of Prey which is a Romulan thing.

Plus it just blatantly looks like a romulan ship, compared to the boxy utilitarian ships the klingons were known for.
>>
>>14335292

The lore behind it is actually that the Klingons traded Warp Drives to the Romulans for Cloaking Devices, because while Romulans had Warp Drives, they were pretty inefficient & couldn't run at Warp with their Cloak up
>>
File: RWB5.jpg (132 KB, 774x517) Image search: [Google]
RWB5.jpg
132 KB, 774x517
>>
>>14338278
Where from?
>>
>>14335168
It's a big ass ship by trek standards but yeah it's definately one of Star Treks better designs.
>>
>>14335032
STO's made some real fugly ships but when it comes Romulans you tend to see alot of really nice stuff.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.