[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can someone knowledgeable about Getter explain what went wrong
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4
File: 23767.jpg (41 KB, 225x311) Image search: [Google]
23767.jpg
41 KB, 225x311
Can someone knowledgeable about Getter explain what went wrong with this show?

From what I can understand one of the creators left after episode 3, but the issues were deeper rooted than that and the show wasn't a Getter at all?

I'm new to mecha, and I watched this cus it was all easily available on YouTube, I thought it was alright but the internet seems to disagree heavily
>>
>>14316345
>the show wasn't a Getter at all

You're getting two different Getter Robo shows confused. Your pic is Change!! (Shin) Getter Robo: Sekai Saigo no Hi, aka Getter Robo Armageddon, which is the one that changed directors after episode 3. The one that was originally supposed to be something else but got rewritten to be a Getter Robo reboot is Getter Robo Go.
>>
File: 1439739542764.jpg (296 KB, 1280x881) Image search: [Google]
1439739542764.jpg
296 KB, 1280x881
>I watched this cus it was all easily available on YouTube
>>
>>14316345
Read the manga.
>>
>>14316415

Terrible advice.
>>
>>14316424
t. spic
>>
File: shingetter.png (793 KB, 1664x1298) Image search: [Google]
shingetter.png
793 KB, 1664x1298
>>14316345
Getter Robo Armageddon is pretty highly regarded, particularly here on /m/. There was the director change, but I didn't really notice a drop in quality (I'm not a fan of Imagawa). The animation is top-notch, and I would call it one of my all-time favorite anime.
>>
>>14316345
A lot of material was taken outright from some of Ishikawa's other manga. Change!! was intended as a Giant Robot style mash up of his body of work by Imagawa, but that was dialed back after he left.
>>
>>14316495
You didn't really notice the way the plot ground to a halt for seven episodes or the complete tonal shift in atmosphere? Or the way the unanswered questions from the first three episodes were just left unanswered instead of being replaced with even more unanswered questions, like an actual Imagawa show?
>>
>>14316512
Leave him be. He obviously just has a hate boner for Imagawa. There was such a sudden whiplash in style that you have to be blind with hatred to not see it.
>>
>>14316512
Well, sort of. I'm just saying that I didn't feel the first 3 episodes were much better than what followed. It really picks up when Ryoma comes back, though. Wasn't really bothered by the unanswered questions, given that Armageddon isn't really connected to any other Getter story.
>>
>>14316536
>given that Armageddon isn't really connected to any other Getter story.

What about Getter Valhalla in the last episode then?
>>
>>14316545
But isn't the only connection? Apart from manga characters like Schwartz being in it, Armageddon wasn't adapting or following-up any Getter manga/anime, other than the Moon Wars drama that I don't know anything about.
>>
>>14316536
>Wasn't really bothered by the unanswered questions, given that Armageddon isn't really connected to any other Getter story.

Literally what. The unanswered questions are within the narrative, why would the other Getter stories have any impact on that? That doesn't make a lick of sense.
>>
>>14316429
Shut up pedro, not everyone is a spic like you.
>>
File: shin2.jpg (39 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
shin2.jpg
39 KB, 640x480
>>14316606
It's been a long time since I've seen it, what are the unanswered questions?
>>
>>14316345
Imagawa got sacked so he took his notes and ran so nobody could continue from where he left off coherently.
>>
>>14316634
The initial murder bit, Saotome and Hayato's original plans.
>>
>>14316495
>I'm not a fan of Imagawa

Stopped reading here.
>>
>>14316612
fuck off spic

stop projecting
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.