[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mfa 6zIS-zpI >Contest to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 83
Thread images: 7
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mfa6zIS-zpI

>Contest to show off how well you can make a funny abridged show episode

BUILD FIGHTERS ABRIDGED

BUILD FIGHTERS ABRIDGED

BUILD FIGHTERS ABRIDGED

BUILD FIGHTERS ABRIDGED

BUILD FIGHTERS ABRIDGED
>>
>>14306201
I'd rather not to be honest
>>
File: !!.jpg (40 KB, 841x373) Image search: [Google]
!!.jpg
40 KB, 841x373
people actually care about bridges?
>>
>>14306240
Mobile Suit Gundam Abridged was fantastic, what are you on about?
>>
For a split second I thought the MSG Abridged boys were back, fuck you OP.
>>
>>14306201
Its cool that they are doing it and getting people's creative juices flowing. Though there are more /m/ series that you could abridge.
>>
>>14306201
oh boy ha ha

i bet it will be really fahknee and cleevar lol
>>
>>14306201
When I saw that, I thought for about half a minute about the various ways I could abridge a specific /m/ show.

Then I laughed for a bit because there's no way in shit I'd actually have a full episode done in one fucking month and went back to what I was doing before.
>>
>>14306564
There are, but it's one of the newer entries, so it'd be fresher in people's minds.

Outside of Yugioh and DBZ Abridged, what Abridged series that use older shows, let alone older /m/ series as the subject of the abridging, have been what one would consider successful?

MSG Abridged doesn't count; it was successful, yeah... but then drama struck and it was torn from us while shit was just getting good.
>>
>>14306603
>Done in one month
>Alone
Well no fucking shit; the contest seems skewed towards mostly team efforts. Only way you could do it in less than a month solo is if you had an insane work drive and no social life.
>>
>>14306784
You could do Wing, shit its easy to make some funny shit for that show.

Its also well remembered by US audiences. I would say G but it seems that TFS, the people who are doing this, really want to do it.
>>
File: 1461726202196.png (194 KB, 815x527) Image search: [Google]
1461726202196.png
194 KB, 815x527
>>14306811
TFS wants to do a G Gundam Abridged?

SIGN ME THE FUCK UP.
>>
>>14306784
>>14306811
The thing about that is you can be sure that people are going to do those series themselves, and their judging method is heavily biased towards obscure series. They even explicitly said "pick the most obscure series you can think of".

At least, if you're going for this contest.
>>
>>14306201
>implying /m/ is actually funny
>make judges laugh withing 30 seconds
So what they're looking for is some lolsorandumb humor too? GBF isn't codusive to a laugh a minute abridged thing without heavy editing (honesty you'd have an easier time making Try funny than GBF).
>>
>>14307204
Nah, see, what they want is for it to draw you in with a good laugh in the first 30 seconds. if you can't do that, then the fuck you doin', y'know?
>>
>>14307222
I still dont think GBF would be the right choice for this type of abridged series/video. I dont watch many abridged but I assume they still loosely follow the structure of the show. Nothing that you can make all that funny happens in the first few episodes of GBF. Reiji's disappearing act maybe, some obscure gunpla humor, etc. IBO has more dumb/grim situations in the beginning you could make funny over the course of 1 video and even GBF TRY if you cut straight to the "Jigen How Are You" shit.

I mean sure a GBF abridged could work just like for any anime, but if you're making this thread with the intention of getting followers here to help make a submission for this contest with you, then you need to seriously think this through.
>>
>>14307204
Zeta Gundam would be good material for an abridged series. You could do a lot with the Kamillie punch.
>>
>>14307247
Abridging Zeta has come up more than once, and I've always been a fan.

I think it'd be funny if Quattro isn't attempting to hide his identity at all. He keeps trying to console Kamille and give him advice about dealing with the horrors of war with the wisdom he gained from the One Year War, but nobody believes he's Char and they just tell him to fuck off.
>>
>>14310433
No it would be funnier if it was what happened in Zeta to the extreme pretty much.

As in he insists he is Quattro and literally everyone knows he is Char and calls him such and he refuses hard and eventually gets super pissed.

ex:
>"Hello Bright, I am Quattro Baje-"
>"Oh hey Char."
>"What? Who is this Char? I am Qua-"
>"Sure thing Char."

And of course Kamille is completely oblivious to it. Until Dakar.

Though now that I am thinking about it what you said would also be pretty hilarious.
>>
>>14310433
>>14310462
>Captain Char he IS A QUATTRO
>>
>>14310478
>Kai's letter changes to fit the change.

>"Hey is Char alright? Did he hit his head or anything? He insists his name is Quattro Bajeena. I don't really know what is going on but maybe you should get him some help. I am going to try and find Sayla and tell her about her brother. Well then hope everything turns out okay."
>>
>>14310462
>As in he insists he is Quattro and literally everyone knows he is Char and calls him such and he refuses hard and eventually gets super pissed.

That's funny but I feel that's the gag that everyone would expect. If you do it the other way but with a few exceptions then I think it'd be funny and also unexpected.

Imagine that no one ever believes Char. Amuro shows up and recognizes him and convinces Kamille, but no one else. When the crew accompanies him to Axis, Haman goes full-on thirst mode and everyone that accompanies him believes he's Char, but no one else. When he gives the speech at Dakar he gets booed because no one believes him.

Also the Kamille punch could be amazing. He just fucking smashes Jerid in the face and starts screaming "I'LL FUCKING KILL YOU! I'LL KILL YOU AND EVERY GIRLFRIEND YOU EVER GET! I'LL SHOW YOU I'M A MAN!"

"I'd say the same, but I bet a punk with a bitch name like yours can't even get one. I'll have to settle for your mom."

And so it begins.
>>
The biggest hurdle of abridging anything Sunrise related is that Sunrise is extremely litigious about these things.
>>
>>14310525
I also would not mind some smack talk between Char and Amuro.

Also Haman saying he is a shit dad to the group that meets her. Thus they argue with each other like a divorced couple.
>>
>>14310462
Rather than that, I think it's funnier to just have Quattro shill Char a whole lot
>Say Kamillie, you ever hear of this Char guy? I hear he's pretty swell.

Everyone on board loves Char, but hates Quattro
>Hey Emma, wanna go on a date sometime?
>Ew, who would date a loser like you? I'd rather date Char, he's way cooler than you!
>>
>>14306250
>MSG:A
>>
>>14310535
Haman: "You just left me stranded here on Axis with her! How am I supposed to raise her on my own while you're off on you're little crusade, Char?!"

Char: "I have to free these people's souls! They're being held down by gravity!"

Haman: "Really? Really? Your stupid pseudo-philosophical bullshit is more important than her?"

*Haman leans out of the way, revealing Mineva on the throne at the far end of the room talking to some of her handlers*

Haman: "I bet you don't even remember her name!"

*Char is silent for a minute, the screen fades back to the flashback that he has of playing with Mineva shortly after the One Year War before fading back to his face. He's clearly hesitant to answer.

Char: "Um... Audrey?"

Haman: "You're fucking scum, you know that?"
>>
>>14310563
God that would be great. Also have Bright in the backround say to himself something like he is going to call Mirai when he gets back to the Argama.
>>
>>14310547
>Get your shit together, Shades. Damn, I wish we had a REAL pilot around here. Could you imagine what we could accomplish with the Red Comet on our side? Instead I get stuck with this pathetic excuse of a man piloting that flamboyant gold mecha... As if the rolled-up sleeves weren't enough to make your "statement" clear.
>... Well, Char DOES have an incredible reputation. It would be impossible for me to live up to that, because he's just too amazing. It's hard to compare ourselves to him when you think like that. Even you have to admit how great he --
>So you've got a hard-on even for a man as noble an opponent as the Red Comet, huh? You sicken me. And don't let me catch you around Shinta, you're giving me some kiddie-fiddler vibes.
>>
>>14310563
I think little touches that are shoutouts to the rest of UC like that would be neat.

>Apolly is delivering the Zeta
>Kamille catches Emma in the Rick Dias's cockpit
>"So, wait, this seems way too big to go in the head. How big is the Rick Dias supposed to be?"
>>
In all honesty I think a macross abridged would be funnier
>>
>>14310563
>Audrey?
I fucking lost it
>>
Fafner Abridged
>>
>>14310707
But that's what Robotech is.
>>
The only /m/ show that deserves to be abridged is VOTOMS
>>
>>14310707
>Rick "Hikaru" Hunter is an expert cyclist trapped in an airplane. Little does he know that this absurd accident will lead into the adventure of a lifetime.
>"I want to take my bike out to fight the Zentraedi!"
>"Damn it Hikaru, you're a loose cannon! You can't take out that prototype like you own it! You'll use the Valkyrie!"

>"Yeeah sheit nigga, the name's Max. Wanna come and scope the bitches' dressing room wit Captain Global? He got sum fine-ass views from tha sa-curity camera."

>"Minmay's newest single, Wrecking Ball, is on finished. We're planning on using it to combat the aliens by rendering their hearing useless."
>"Yak De- what the fuck am I listening to?"

>"Well Minmay, we're trapped here... We could try to look for ways to survive, or we could fuck."
>"Hikaru, I'm hungry! Hikaru, I'm scared! Hikaru, marry me! Just kidding. But really, marry me!"
>"Or I could use this pipe to do the world a favor..."

I know the jokes are shitty but I tried, kind of
>>
>>14310707
>"I remember when we were killing zentraedi, not fucking them"
>>
>>14310707
>>>look hikaru I'm grateful that you care about me but you can't try to shoot claudia for "stealing senpai from you"
>>
Dancouger abridged
>>
wait are we planning a thing here or is it just people spit ballin? g sounds like a great abridged idea because muh racism. make it about p.c shit in a dystopia where they won and the only way to stand out is to be overly stereotypical
>>
>>14311782
I think people are just spitballing here
>>
Going back to the GBF idea, what we'd need to do is really play up /m/'s joke that it's Gundam Valhalla. Have all those cameos actually be the real characters, complete with flashback clips from their original shows. Hell, we could make that the premise, and have the Sei/Reiji shit be a running B-plot.
>>
>>14312815
sooooo you gonna draw all that shit or? most of those cameos dont talk and are only on screen for 2 seconds. unless you try to tell it from rals point of view?
>>
Putting aside the Build Fighter idea, I'd prefer to see something that's kind of bad but has some good ideas or is well liked regardless done and try and make something good of it by mostly following the plot but giving it more depth humor and so on - especially the bad parts. ZZ, SEED, Destiny, AGE, Try, MII, M7 and so on would seem to be good ideas in that regard. You could also try and enliven decent but occasionally boring shows like Ideon using the format. Build Fighters is good on its own so I don't really see the point if abridging it.
>>
>>14306250
Am I the only one who never found that funny?

I just IDK why I just didn't. Didn't help that even for an abridged the quality was pretty bad, unless it got better later on.
>>
Didn't guntank tried something like this and failed miserably?
>>
>>14313167

I think I watched an episode and wasn't really impressed. DBZ:A is the only one I watch, because I like that it mostly follows the same plot and character while trying to improve their execution. Whenever it tries to do its own thing it tends to be shit, like Popo.
>>
Definitely would be interesting forming an abridging group on /m/ for this contest, whatever will come up, might be the greatest, or the most ridiculous and cringe inducing thing to have come from the net.

For what i understood about the rules, they seem pretty fair and encourage full creativity, i hope many abridgers enter the game.
>>
>>14313147
And dbz and yugioh are still quite popular shows.

A show popularity should not be a determinant factor to decide if abridging is a good idea or not. After all, the point of abridging is comedy in any form.
>>
>Abridged
Sorry but I don't find adding pop culture and completely unrelated meme humor and other shit to a series to be funny in the slightest.
>>
>>14313456
Look up yugioh abridged 1, or meduka meguca abridged

There wasnt that much pop there, at least i feel that.

It is possible to write abridged comedy without depending on that, and also the 'memes' in a way would be something YOU would be creating (screw the rules, i have money or ghostnappa were original ideas from the writers of their respective abridges).
>>
>>14313455

I never said popularity was a negative factor though. In fact, I said well liked shows should be considered.
>>
>>14313489
Oh, sorry about that, though, i'm one to believe anything can work, if anything with a little effort.
>>
>>14307202
>"pick the most obscure series you can think of".

The time has come.
We'll have to use IT
>>
>>14313596
The Ginguiser has to be the final boss though
>>
Would an abridged toku be possible?

They didn't say it had to be animes only, also maybe to maximize the chances they didn't say either it had to be a episode 1 of a series.
>>
>>14310563
>Um...Audrey?
Holy shit. That's hilarious.
>>
>>14313629
Please leave.
>>
>>14312815
The opening scene would be a take on Fight Club
>>
>>14313487

Don't forget about the constantly reused jokes about the premise of the series you are doing the abridged series of. Classic stuff like
>haha this is a children's card game who takes it this seriously am i right guys?

every episode.
>>
>>14306250
MSG:A was good, but then it became impossible to go through since everyone not only sounded like retards, skreeching included, yes, I'm looking at you Fraw!

only redeeming character is ironicly Char. Amur went from stupid to retarded with no reason (unlike DBZA's Goku who is retarded because... Goku was already kinda stupid in DB and DBZ)
>>
>>14310563
You bastard, you owe me new sides.
>>
>>14306811

Fuck, I'd kill for the chance to do a G-Gundam Abridged.
>>
>>14317385
let's do it anon me & you
>>
anyone up for greco unabridged???
>>
>>14310525
It'd be even funnier if there's never any reference to Jerid killing Kamille's parents, and so Kamille's grudge against him for the entire show is just about the name insult.
>>
>>14310632
Make Reccoa a huge slut. First thing she does when boarding the Argama is rate all of the men.
Have her flat out state she joined the Titans because their uniforms are hotter and so is Scirroco
it's funny because it's the same as the tv show

Also add wacky soundeffects to all the fights.
>>
Humor doesn't exist you underaged autistic faggots.
>>
>>14317997
Neither does fun or courage but we still celebrate those.
>>
File: guy jean 4.png (152 KB, 244x963) Image search: [Google]
guy jean 4.png
152 KB, 244x963
>>14313596
>We'll have to use IT
>>
File: 1328594434605.jpg (23 KB, 240x199) Image search: [Google]
1328594434605.jpg
23 KB, 240x199
Just go have fun, guys. There's always been a lot of passion on /m/ and that's why I still come here. Write what you love about and people will find enjoyment in it.
>>
>>14317991
>biff
>Thwack
>POW
>>
>>14307247
"Kamille Bidan! Bring us the gundam if you want you mother to live!"

Gundam comes out

"It's working!"

Beam gun shot.

"HE JUST KILLED HIS MOM! Wait, is that the com link?"

"I. Am. Hard. Fucking. Core."

Gundam goes back in.

Shocked silence.
>>
>>14306201
Martian Successor Nadesico

Restaurant Patron: "Is that kid having a post traumatic stress syndrome flashback to a daring attempted escape from the alien invasion of mars induced by the running dogfight against the endless martian hordes thats been constantly going on above our heads for the past few weeks?"

Resteraunt Patron: "No, he just doesn't know how to cook."

Teen Cook, Screaming: " AHHHHHH! WHAT ARE YOU!"

Resteraunt Patron: "Frankly I'm not sure he knows what food is. Or why I hired him."

The basis of the series is that Akito is actually a terrible martian spy, who fails to infiltrate the Nadesico's base and is accidentaly hired as a cook, despite not knowing what food is. His code name is Definitely Akito Human, but everyone calls him Akito.
>>
>>14321450
Those lines are terrible but I like that idea at the end.
>>
>>14321450
I miss Nadesico TPS, only had 3 episodes.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WGGzk00DHfQ
>>
>>14321624
One thing I remember liking from that series was the clever idea of having Gai abridge Gekigangar inside the show itself

I think that was the first time there was an abridged within a abridged
>>
>>14318944
We miss you guys.
>>
>>14306811
There already is a Gundam Wing abridged series. However, since it started BEFORE this contest was announced, it's not eligible.

However, that just opens the door for some anon to make their own Wing abridged episode for the contest...
>>
>>14320138
I was thinking more like *BOING* *SPLORK* *SQUISH*
Every time someone dies this soundbite plays
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wO9q4H49cGA
>>
>>14323160
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=qW4dY7w8Mz0
>>
>>14310525
The real twist is that Quattro is actually Job John
>>
>>14306240
I do
Thread replies: 83
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.