[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why was he heading Mafty?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 2
File: Hathaway.jpg (7 KB, 148x227) Image search: [Google]
Hathaway.jpg
7 KB, 148x227
Having not read Hathaways Flash or Beltorchikas children, what was Hathaways motive for fighting the Federation and heading what seems to be an idealistically Zeon faction?
>>
>>14302611
downed the Alpha Azieru
>>
Quess died, fuck the Feddies they are evil. Also he killed her in Beltorchika by accident if I remember right.

That's it.

Quess shows up to call him a bitch when he's being executed.
>>
>>14302616
So did he shoot down the Alpha Azieru, or did a Federation soldier? I don't recall hearing Beltorchika was killed during the novel.
>>
>>14302611
He is a teenage boy who accidentally shot down his boner crush, at least i Beltorchika.

He then has a temper tantrum and blames it on the feds.

tl;dr he is a stupid cunt and gets called such when he dies.
>>
>>14302644
Hathaway did it. Beltorchika is on the Ra Cailum the whole time pregnant. Amuro's kid goes super newtype during the Beyond the Time Axis miracle.
>>
>>14302656
So the whole movement against the Federation was just because he was having an angsty temper tantrum and chose to avert all blame to Federation and not the insane, backstabber Quess? Huh, kinda disappointing honestly.
>>
>>14302676
Not like it matters. Hathaway turns out to be a shit pilot in the Xi and the Gundam gets taken down by the ingenuity and camaraderie of the Federation pilots sent after him. Penelope, a bunch of Gustav Karls, and some Jegans beat the Xi with a clever trap.

It's worth noting that Hathaway basically fucked over the people that had a good reason for being pissed at the Federation. The whole thing was supposed to be anti-government protests due to the Manhunters being around threatening to become a new kind of Titans.
>>
>>14302693
so much wrong info in a post

>average gundam fan
>>
>>14302693
I'd actually say he was a rather good pilot if they had to resort to clever tricks to take him down, being forced to use the Penelope and much of the cities security forces to lure him into a restraint system.

Manhunters were aggressively forcing mass deportation of non-Earth born citizens right? The whole reason for Mafty existing was to limit to spread of the Federation in Australia with its bill to allow for full on mass deportation right?
>>
>>14302705
So what actually happened then?
>>
>>14302710
wait for the zeonic scanlation to reach there

>implying he will finish the novel
>>
>>14302710
other people say the xi flew into a trap of beam string emitters

others say it was some kind of dampening field that shut down the gundam
>>
>>14302732

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hf1DRRpL-lM

Looks to be the only visual representation we have at the moment.
>>
Isn't the new love interest a full on prostitute?
>>
>>14302767
I would not be surprised. I would also laugh if Hathaway got a STD from said prostitute.
>>
>>14302767
Gigi right? If I recall correctly, she was daughter to a major Federation politician who was under the protection of Kennith Sieg. She ended up finding out who Mafty was and ended up tagging a long for a while, sort of serving a surrogate Quess to Hathaway.
>>
File: xi penelope detail.jpg (2 MB, 2832x4016) Image search: [Google]
xi penelope detail.jpg
2 MB, 2832x4016
Hathaway knew about the barrier but decided to do a 2nd attack to finish the Festival Center. As he reaches the Adelaide airport he encounters Lane and begin battle. Meanwhile the grunts do battle and nuclear reactor exploed in the city causing great damage, 2 Mufti pilots are shot down. Hathaway doesn't manage to give a finishing blow to the Penelope so Lane retreats. Kenneth tells Lane to lead the Xi into the barrier, he does so and when Hathaway is about to finish the badly damaged Penelope he's caught by the beam barrier. Hathaway suffers severe burns and other heavy damage due to the shock. Lane leaves the Penelope and opens the Xi's hatch to finally discover it was Hathaway all along.

The novel text doesn't mention anything about his NT senses failing, he just fell for the trap
>>
According to the Gundam Wiki, the Manhunters are kidnapping illegal residents and turning them into slaves to work on mining colonies for the higher ups in the Federation. Said higher ups are also polluting the fuck out of the Earth, can't have a Gundam series that doesn't talk about that.

Hathaway's and Mafty's (or Mufti if you prefer) plan is to assassinate Federation politicians to force the Federation to stop this.

And for the record, Hathaway isn't a shit pilot, the entire Federation force defending the assembly were getting their asses kicked by him, even the equally powerful Penelope Gundam. The trap was the only way they could stop him.
>>
>>14302898
thanks
>>
>>14302903
This. And especially the Hathaway isn't a shit pilot bit, he was actually kind of a bad ass in HF by all accounts I've seen.
>>
>>14302710

>>14302693
>>
>>14302616

I can't really say I understand that last bit to be honest. Was their relationship just completely different than in CCA? In that she's really obviously in to Hathaway. She rings his hotel and speaks to Bright looking for him, they go on a date and seem to enjoy it, she even pushes him away from the attack that kills her if I recall. Her mocking him in any fashion seems counter intuitive.
>>
>>14302611
From the lines I read from Shin Gihren DLC, he travels various places on Earth after being thrown into earth atmosphere during CCA final battle. Then he becomes a tree hugger and wants to save Earth's environment like Master Asia.
>>
>>14302616
>>14306088
Is it like some sort of Newtype "Now that I'm dead, I can see the wrongness of your emotions" kind of calling him out or just her being a bitch even in death? That's what matters.
>>
>>14306182
Quess died a brat and a brat she remains, even in hell.
>>
>>14302693
Arent manhunters in Gaia Gear too?
>>
>>14306182

That's worse, because if she is similar to herself on CCA, then she did the same thing herself so she has no right to be be chastising someone else for it.
>>
>>14306669
Ouch.
>>14306844
Eh, I was thinking more along the lines of how Sarah appeared to Kamille. Or Lalah telling Frontal to let go.
>>
>>14306849

The difference there being that they appeared to help someone, not mock them.
>>
>>14306844
Halfway through her speech, her Dad's ghost should show up snd smack the taste out of her mouth.
>>
>>14302718
He's been consistent thus far. Fingers crossed.
>>
>>14302898
so that's what actually happened
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.