[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /m/ I'm kind of a newbie here and I just finished watching
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (135 KB, 1000x901) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
135 KB, 1000x901
Hey /m/ I'm kind of a newbie here and I just finished watching Gurren Lagann, need less to say I want more like it even though the ending was pretty good, can you guys recommend anything similar?
>>
>>14301870
It basically invented the super robot genre. There's really no point in watching any derivative garbage like Mazinger, Getter, etc.
>>
>>14301890
look at you being such an edgy troll

>>14301870
try GaoGaiGar, Getter, Mazinger, stuff by the same studio (Gainax/Trigger)
>>
>>14301870
Getter Robo Armageddon

>>14301890
>It basically invented the super robot genre.
Nuh uh, that was Eva, which also invented anime.
>>
Just look up the name "Yasuhiro Imagawa" and watch any mecha show he had a role in. Except maybe Tetsujin 28. He took a different approach for that one.
>>
>>14301894
>>14301897
>recommending getter
Hi pedro
>>
>>14301907
>shitting on getter
yo carlos
>>
>>14301870
>can you guys recommend anything similar
Top Wo Nerae
Watch Diebuster, then watch Gunbuster to know who Nonoriri was.
Also FLCL and other Gainax shows.
You may also like New Getter and Getter Armaggedon.
Nadesico has a shit ending but is a really fun ride.
>>
>>14305393
>Watch Diebuster, then watch Gunbuster to know who Nonoriri was.

You mean the other way around. Diebuster's ending is hollow and meaningless without having seen Gunbuster first.
>>
>>14305405
I watched Gunbuster first , and I don't think It really matters.
I thought it will be easier for him to watch Diebuster first because is similar to TTGL.
>>
>>14301870
the TTGL movies, which actually have a nice amount of new/different content
>>
Which series also do the same "celebrating mecha" theme, anyway?

Gunbuster is one, Martian Successor Nadessico is another.

Any more?
>>
>>14305147
>praising getter
Hi mario
>>
king of braves GaoGaiGar
>>
>>14308729
Daiguard and Daimidaler count for this.
>>
xabungle Is fucking amazing and I recommend it to you
>>
>>14308729
>Martian Successor Nadessico is another.
I thought it made fun of it?
>>
>>14307876
Only the second movie has new content. First movie can easily be skipped.
>>
>>14315224
Yeah, it was poor wording on my part.
Basically, what I meant to say was something like "mecha about mecha."

Whether using its background for comedy or celebration of the themes.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.