[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do any of you /m/en know any sites that have tutorials or mo
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: Untitled.png (373 KB, 1599x829) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
373 KB, 1599x829
Do any of you /m/en know any sites that have tutorials or more info on this moldmaking process for model kits?

You CNC the digital files into a block of wax or resin, then when it's done you pour RTV over the positive impressions to get cavities in the RTV mold, then you can cast parts in resin.

I've been trying to find more info on this type of process, but this was the only page I could find,

http://homepage1.nifty.com/musuke/index.html
>>
>>14301512

I guess there are no real /m/odelers on /m/
>>
>>14301512
Yeah

Bump anyway
>>
>>14301512
you just reminded me why i am an unemployable engineer. Fuck you for giving me another bout of crippling depression.
>>
>>14307897
Fuck you for making mistakes in your life.
It was your fault all along.
Why you took this field ?
Why you have to go downward spiral?
Why you became dumber?
Why?
What happened to your dreams,to become an inventor?
Why you now waste your time shitposting on 4chan ?
What went wrong?
I am asking myself.
>>
>>14307897
>>14307917
Samefag,
>>
>>14301512
What info do you still need?

The great benefit of it is that a consumer level CNC can get significantly better surface finish than a consumer level 3D printer.

As far as laying out the parts that is all based on mold-making experience and not CAD/CNC. Look for general mold making videos to understand how best to arrange parts for better flow of resin and avoiding trapping bubbles.
>>
>>14301512
Do you have access to a nice ($10-30k) multi axis cnc mill? Are you proficient in CAD software? Can you logically break down your parts into areas with no undercuts? No? Then this isn't the workflow for you.
You want to make garage kits? Learn how to sculpt, either traditionally or digitally. Learn the ins and outs of different 3D printing methods and which one would be best for the results you are after.
There is no shortcut, no magic button software solution, that is going to let you magic up some gunpla. That's just gonna take determination and hard work.
Essentially, quit making spoon feeding threads on /m/ and go learn shit, so you don't look like an underage idiot on an anonymous image board.
>>
>>14311665
It should be noted that in the site OP linked while there is CAD work, a lot more work is the good old fashion putty sculpting and carving/sanding.

Neither this nor 3D printing will ever be as magical as the internet makes them out to be.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.