[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I've watched like 30 or so episodes of Gundam Wing and nothing
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 4
File: 5_Gundams_GW.jpg (800 KB, 3039x2145) Image search: [Google]
5_Gundams_GW.jpg
800 KB, 3039x2145
I've watched like 30 or so episodes of Gundam Wing and nothing has happened in this entire show. No characters have developed, no surprising plot twists, nothing. Even ZZ has more going on. Is anything actually going to happen or should I just drop this trainwreck?
>>
Wing is really boring man
>>
>>14299049

>No characters have developed, no surprising plot twists, nothing.

So Heero becoming remorseful over his early mistakes instead of laughing about murdering people isn't development?

The colonies completely abandoning the Gundam pilots and joining forces with Oz was'nt a plot twist?

"There is no X" is almost never true in any show, no matter how bad or good it is.
>>
>>14299086
Shame, I really like a lot of the mobile suit designs
>>
>>14299049
>nothing has happened in this entire show.

Except for the coup, the colonies denouncing the Gundams, the Gundam pilots being betrayed, the main character nearly dying, the rival being betrayed and going rogue, one of the pilots infiltrating the villains, said pilot getting bodied by another pilot, Relena finding out she's adopted and her father getting killed, Heero softening up, Quatre going insane, Lady Une getting shot etc

You actually have to pay attention when you watch Wing. Don't expect it to be flashy. It's more dialog heavy and detail oriented.
>>
>>14299092
>>14299107
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6QPFpRcoWGk
>>
>>14299107
This. Wing actually owns.
>>
>>14299100
Watch the movie then. It's just as bad as the series but the mechas look way cooler
>>
File: docholiday.png (170 KB, 476x311) Image search: [Google]
docholiday.png
170 KB, 476x311
>Literally OP
>>
>>14299049
The last 8 or 9 episodes are pretty decent. Of course, by that point, I was really pissed off about still having that fucking show keeping me from moving on to X and everything after it, so I couldn't really enjoy them fully.
>>
>>14299420
I was actually more bored by X than Wing. Although part of that is probably the fact that /m/ (and Extreme Vs) hyped me up for some cute romance subplot between Garrod and Tiffa, and the first 20 episodes are Garrod doing episodic whatevers while Tiffa sits in a room.
>>
>>14299480
I loved X. At least it never bored me to sleep like Wing did.
>>
>14299496
I didn't like X. I can understand why it did so poorly in Japan.
>>
>>14299189
>>>/mlp/
>>
>>14299049
I think you are just retarded anon, you should probably fix that first.
>>
>trainwreck
Wing might be many things, but this isn't one of them.
>>
>>14300010
Of course not. How can a train get into a wreck when it's moving at 1 mile every couple hours? There are several stretches of episodes of the characters meandering around where ever they are, and meanwhile nothing happens with the space colonies/OZ story.
>>
>>14299999
Quints speak the truth.
>>
>>14300149
>show has actual character development for once
>HURR THEY DO NOTHING EVER

>every non-amuro gundam ever
>Y U DONT DEVELOP THESE CHARACTER

No seriously, its subplot, development, building of ideas, and the fact that the pilots aren't randomly handed their mid-series upgrades out of nowhere for once.

>>14299049
>30 episodes in
You're literally getting to the best part of the show. Episode 41 has, imho, one of the most hype battles in Gundam.
>>
>>14300149
That's my point.
>>
>>14299049
You've come this far, might as well watch all the way.
>>
>>14299049
Stuff is happening, Wing's problem is that no matter how the political status quo changes, or even the characters have their very tiny bits of development, it's so formulaic you don't really notice it. Wing's formula makes everything feel the same.
>>
Wing is a pretty underrated series. It's not the greatest, it's probably not in the top 5 best Gundam series, but it's not outright terrible either. I think it just has this stigma of "babby's first Gundumb" because it was the first series to gain any degree of notoriety in the west.

My favourite is 0079, but I can watch Wing and still have a good time.
>>
>>14299049
Drop it. Only nostalgia fags like it. It has no redeeming values beyond its design, and there are better designed gundams in spades.
>>
>>14300627
>It has no redeeming values beyond its design
Now, I agree with most of your post, but you can't just go and insult Wing's soundtrack like that, anon.
>>
>>14300630
Ok, fine, Two mix get a pass.
>>
>>14300633
No, I'm talking about the actual OST. The OP/ED themes are good, but the show's BGM is classy as fuck. It's great, and deserved to be used in a better show.
>>
>>14300639
I guess we cannot be friends, because I cannot recall a single track.
>>
>>14300627
American nostalgia fans.

It didn't do all that great in Nihon iirc.

Hell this was the first Gundam that was officially broadcast in North America right? So I guess that's why it is remembered.
>>
The OP theme sounded so alien to my ears when I was a kid. Why am I so nostalgic about such a shitty show
>>
>>14300682
Except they didn't broadcast the OP, at least not on CN.
>>
>>14300678
I feel AUs are more to get new people into the franchise, which it certainly did.
>>
>>14300682
Because it's not shitty and you're experience severe cognitive dissonance by forcing yourself to go along with the /m/ narrative of "everything popular is bad"
>>
>>14300649
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0zY65OdgJ_Y&list=PL94B83D60FE81D02E
>>
File: cosplay.jpg (251 KB, 850x654) Image search: [Google]
cosplay.jpg
251 KB, 850x654
>>14300678
It did get the most cosplaying fangirls of any gundam.
>>
>>14300678
>It didn't do all that great in Nihon iirc.

It's by far one of the most popular Gundam shows in Japan.
>>
>>14300707
I've never understood why Wings gets all the attention. Sure, it's good, but it's hardly the best of the boys' themes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DW62qNQSK4M
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=877013DpHcY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q_9dxjg65B4

Hell, Wings isn't even the best version of Heero's theme.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PN0FQBtX1dM
>>
>>14300740
Seed, 00 and Early UC in general are a lot more popular though..
>>
>>14300765
That's not even half the franchise. So saying it didn't do all that great in Japan when it did better than over half the franchise is dishonest. 00 is incredibly arguable. 00 gets kits and figures for Setsuna's suits but that's it these days. Wing gets kits and figures for nearly every main Gundam.
>>
>>14300639
Wing may have a good soundtrack, but so does virtually every other Gundam series. Like the show itself, it's far from the top of the list.
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.