[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Demonbane is fucking stupid
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 98
Thread images: 13
File: gay.png (361 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
gay.png
361 KB, 800x600
Demonbane is fucking stupid
>>
>>14298513
It really is, though. Not even TTGL is as retardedly overpowered, but at least TTGL was an entertaining show. Demonbane was fucking shit and I regret wasting my time on it.
I've only seen the anime, but I have no desire to read the VN because I just couldn't care less.
>>
>>14298513
I read most of the visual novel before giving up on how retarded it was. The mech designs are also shit.
>>
I'm sorry you're so upset that Saitama, Featherine, and Oni-sama are chump change.
>>
>>14298812
>I've only seen the anime

ahahahahahahahwow
>>
>>14298844
The visual novel isn't any better. It doesn't offer anything new or exciting. Kind of like Muv Luv.
>>
>>14298855
>Muv-Luv anime and VN are the same thing
Fuck off
>>
File: THE_BEST.png (551 KB, 1022x1094) Image search: [Google]
THE_BEST.png
551 KB, 1022x1094
>anything more overpowered than Aquarion Logos Genesis
>>
>>14298513
I liked the VN. Demonbane itself is atrociously overdesigned though.

>>14298812
>Claims to have watched the anime
>Thinks Demonbane is even more powerful than TTGL
>From having watched the anime
>>
>>14298812
Admit it, you didn't even see the anime, all you know about Demonbane is second handed "lol so overpowered" copypasta.
>>
>>14299188
Shit is shit.

As for Demonbane:
Anything that tries to be stronger than Getter Emperor is essentially trying way too hard. Like a child trying his hardest to 1up something.
>>
>>14299230
>Demonbane
>stronger than Getter Emperor

Yeah. Calling bullshit. You didn't read the VN, you didn't even watch the anime. Just going off stale pasta and memes.
>>
>>14299242
It is, though.
>>
wat2op4uop?
>>
File: 1446689570551.png (141 KB, 594x530) Image search: [Google]
1446689570551.png
141 KB, 594x530
>>14299248
EGD is stronger than getter emperor,
Regular Bane probably, the trapezohedron could do the trick, but these are diferent franchises so, who knows.
>>
>>14299248
Elder God Demonbane is.

But normal Demonbane isn't Elder God Demonbane, nor is it War God Demonbane. EGD barely appears in the VN, only near the very end.

Demonbane is a high power level mecha but saying it's ridiculously over the top is like saying Getter Robo is ridiculously over the top because of Getter Emperor.

So no, you have no idea what you're talking about.
>>
>>14299248
Demonbane isn't that strong alone. Most of its fights end with a draw or loss. Most of the victories come from Al's bullshit magic or cases like Nya not realizing they might have figured out their plans.

EGD and maybe War God maybe but those are very, very situational occurrences.
>>
>>14298812
>whining about Demonbane being overpowered
>claim to have only seen the animu
Found the liar. Neither the anime nor the first VN (the one actually translated) have Demonbane even close to retarded levels. Try again.
>>
>>14299278
You realize I just grouped them all in together, right?
>>
>>14299328
It was a stupid thing to do.
>>
>>14299317
Well, even normal Demonbane is pretty high tier in terms of power once Al gets all of her abilities back. I'd put it somewhere around Gunbuster tier
>>
If you were to express this LED Mirage's strength as a parameter, if the LED Mirage would be 100, everything else would be 0. It's said that an absolute 0% cannot exist, but that is only on Earth. No matter what the situation, no matter what the case, no matter what the reason, that's right, even if this white devil were to be destroyed, the possibility of defeating the LED Mirage simply does not exist. Completely 0%. 0% for the Vank (note: I'm not too familiar with what the names are in English so I might be spelling some wrong), 0% for the Schpelter, 0% for the Jagd Mirage, 0% even for the KOG. Unfortunately, thinking that you might be able to win by perseverance or chance or luck is a bad habit gained from reading too many Earth comics. You might be able to defeat this MH, that is absolutely impossible. History proves it. As of JC 7777, there is no MH, machine, mechanical life-form, demon, god, life-form, alien, or otherworldly entity that has been able to defeat this MH.
>>
Liber Legis is cooler
>>
>>14299408
No one cares, Nagano.

>>14299395
Not sure I'd put it on 'casually slaughters space monsters by the billions' tier, myself.
>>
>>14299547
Demonbane is a better 1v1 fighter though, Gunbuster's got a lot of good moves but it can't do things like Shining Trapazoidohedron or Lemuria Impact. Demonbane does have the Elder God Guns for fighting many enemies, though.

Different areas of specialization.
>>
File: zeoo.png (550 KB, 400x1250) Image search: [Google]
zeoo.png
550 KB, 400x1250
Where does Zeorymer rank in terms of retarded power levels?
>>
FUCK CTHULU
>>
>>14299639
I dunno man Ideon cut a planet in half
>>
File: powerlevels.jpg (3 MB, 2958x2270) Image search: [Google]
powerlevels.jpg
3 MB, 2958x2270
>>14299639
high-ish
>>
>>14299742
>Shurouga that high
Either I need to actually finish the damn thing or this is that memelevel chart
>>
>>14299746
glad nobody disagrees with Logos Genesis being at the tip top
>>
>>14299742
I can't believe some autist actually took his time to make that.
>>
>>14299754
I'm more amazed nobody finished the appearance listings at the bottom.
>>
>>14299742
>Phoenix gundam that high
Fuck off
>>
>>14299742
>Buzzwords
What the fuck do any of these mean?
>>
Man, if there's one thing Demonbane taught me it's that omnipowerful multiversal bullshit... is actually really boring. It's just so impersonal. You know how one person is important but one million is a statistic? It's like that, times a bajillion. The pilots don't even matter anymore, it's just this big robot thing punching this other big robot thing and oh jeez I can't bring myself to care about that. it's just retarded power level bullshit written by an autist who wanted to make his character the bestest strongest character ever who can kill anything by staring at it. What a boring, worthless piece of shit. What kind of story is it where the protag is an overpowered god that can kill anything in 1 hit? It's boring trash pandering to powerlevel faggots who want to self insert into retarded power level fantasies. Get your head out of your ass. At least OPM is entertaining and funny unlike this garbage.
>>
File: 1448080044063.jpg (49 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
1448080044063.jpg
49 KB, 640x360
>>14299742
You really ought to name that image "Guaranteed Replies." I don't even know which part of it is most worthy of a (You). There's just too much stupid
>>
>>14299395
>gunbuster

Demonbane has time control with de maligny's clock you ignorant newfaggot.
>>
>>14299841
I think Zeorymer did a good job with that by reversing the roles of the villains/heroes
>>
>>14299230

That literally never happens in the VN. I mean he does wipe out the dinosaurs, but it was an accident.
>>
>>14299395
>I'd put it somewhere around Gunbuster tier

The trapezohedron is because that's how it's designed to work. Regular Demonbane is pretty impressive by the end but even then it still had trouble with every fight and almost every time nearly lost.
>>
>>14300012
It's a copypasta, dont bother
>>
>>14299841
>What kind of story is it where the protag is an overpowered god that can kill anything in 1 hit?

Well I can tell you that it's not that kind of story at all. God damn, I hate what these powerlevel copypastas have done to Demonbane.
>>
>>14299547
In its final fight with Liber Legis, it exchanging blows at faster than light speeds and destroyed a fuckton of clocks, some of which were as large as planets. To say nothing of the bullshit like hitting people with kicks from the future

Even without the Shining Trapezohederon, the fully upgraded Demonbane is still a rather efficient shitwrecker.

>>14299568
It's also got Lemuria Delay Impact, Atlantis Hurricane Strike, and the Scimitar of Barzai's throwable qualities, but I'm sure those will never be recognized in SRW and what not.
>>
>>14299746
Memelevel.
>>
File: 1363130259622.jpg (58 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
1363130259622.jpg
58 KB, 640x360
>it's another "I hate Demonbane because someone in a powerlevel thread said it could beat my favorite character" thread
>>
Powerlevels are silly in the sense that everyone wants to see characters fight each other. I think it's interesting to see how strong characters can become and what bullshit powers they have, but when people start saying shit like "who would win between Goku and Saitama" it becomes pretty stupid pretty quick.

Maybe I'm too naive, but all I want to see is good guys to team up and take down bigger bad guys, not see them fight each other.
>>
>>14300642
>but I'm sure those will never be recognized in SRW and what not.

Delay Impact somehow got into the anime, but I question the ability to set it up when you're fighting enemies that move at speeds measured in percent of c like the STMC or Gunbuster. You're not wrong, though.
>>
>>14298812
back in my day, shitposting on /m/ meant something
>>
>>14299742
>TTGL not higher than Anti-spiral
What the fuck even
>>
>>14298513

thats a hideous fucking design, i dont even know whats goin on here
>>
>>14301591
you mean trolling. shitposting is really just stupid trolling
>>
>>14299752

If the price of ultimate power is being the ultimate faggot, that's somewhat balanced.
>>
>>14301637
That chart may be fagtacular, but it's right on that part. TTGL got torn to pieces by the anti-spiral until just Lagann was left, remember?
>>
>>14300712
>Maybe I'm too naive, but all I want to see is good guys to team up and take down bigger bad guys, not see them fight each other.
That's pretty much the premise of every "vs" crossover anime though.
>>
>>14298513
>>14298812
>>14298826
(You)
>>
>>14299198
>EGD pulls a Aquarion Logos Genesis EDG
who wins now pendejo
>>
File: Aeon.jpg (86 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
Aeon.jpg
86 KB, 800x600
>>14298513
They should've switched Aeon and Demonbane's designs. It's a shame that the best looking mecha in the series gets blown up in the very beginning of the game.
>>
Is it true that the main route in this game is the loli route? That's fucked up.
>>
>>14299742
Why the fuck is Phoenix Gundam that high? As someone who has been playing G Gen for years, can someone explain this shit? lol
>>
This is the correct chart.

>>14299742
This is a troll.
>>
>>14299547
>Not sure I'd put it on 'casually slaughters space monsters by the billions' tier, myself.
Demonbane casually slaughtered space monsters that are also fucking Cthulhu mythos entities by the billions as fucking collateral damage while fighting Liber Legis you retarded newfaggot spic of a nigger.

>>14300642
It also has Ithaqua's homing lasers which reach Earth from Mars in an instant and targeted and killed the billions of Martians invading the planet specifically. Basically the same thing as Chamber's anti-pirate beam.
>>
>>14299742
>>14303397
>Lina Inverse stronger than SSGSS Goku
brb, gonna punch my brother in the back of the head
>>
>>14303171
if you've been playing for years, then haven't you come across phoenix gundam (true power)?

what little backstory it has basically says it has nanomachine tech and is on same playing field as the turn types, some of the later g generation games have a original storyline about villains having machines with similar tech from the phoenix, trying to fuck with dimensions and causing bad shit to happen
>>
>>14303397
There's still all kinds of wrong on that chart.
And there always will be. These are argument starters. No one can agree on what makes something stronger than something else without a direct, in-universe fight between the characters produced by the official creators
>>
>>14303397

> Neo Zeong > Nono
>Unicorn > Genesic GaoGaiGar

wat?
>>
>>
>>14303474
Unicorn and Neo Zeong have super lambda drivers that literally let them wish things to happen.
>>
>>14303474
If it's popular, it's obviously stronger/better.
>>
>>14303405
Mars Demonbane was the one that did that.

Demonbane in the original VN didn't do that in any capacity, though it did have Ithiqua's homing abilities.
>>
>>14303397
>This is a troll.
>Ultimate Gravion and Genesic GGG that low
>Unicorn Gundam and Neo Zeong that high
>Geperuniti not near the top
>Devilman using Amon's picture

No, THAT is the troll chart.
>>
>>14303168
No, the main route is the book route.

Would you fuck a book, anon?
>>
>>14304067
Retard confirmed
>>
>>14304322
Lord of the mouth that talks with dialogue confirmed.
>>
>>14303160
Looks like Armored Core ripoff.
>>
>>14299742
>>14299752
What's the deal with Aquarion Logos?
Can it even destroys infinite multiverse and infinite dimension?
>>
>>14303423
Where can I find more about the backstory of G Gen series?
>>
>>14309277
Even more so than the other Aquarions, its powerlevel is in a really weird place where it's arguably dealing with universe-level or even multiverse-level threats, but doesn't really have a whole lot of top-tier feats to its name. It has a variety of ways to fuck with reality on a basic level, but nothing comparable to most of the other things at the top of that chart, and it's not hugely impressive in terms of brute force, either.

tl;dr, that's a joke chart made by the same idiot forcing the >>14299198 thing. But you're better off ignoring him and just watching the show, because it's far more entertaining than watching a bunch of idiots argue pointlessly about whether x would beat y.
>>
>>14309355
I see. Next question.
I know that Full Possession Shurouga is a meme but I want to discuss about Cybuster in its lore from the description of SRW Wiki, SRW JP Wiki, TE pastebin, previous 4chan thread and tvtropes about how
1) Shurouga is something akin of Cybuster from alternate dimension
2) It is the equivalent of Supreme Deity Z from alternate dimension (probably even stronger since Advent and his cronies the Shinka'ed higher dimensional being can't even comprehend it)
3) It is capable to have full control of Origin Law and Akashic Record (Fate)
4) Getter Rays, Spiral Power, Beamler, Psychodrivers, STMC, Anima Spiritia, the Ide, or whatever that is powering those super robots are all aspect (particular part) of the Akashic Records in SRW.

Does it mean hypothetically that whatever is powering Zanma Taisei Demonbane (Anime) in SRWUX which should be that Particle Azathoth, the basis of magic in Demonbane and Cor Leonis, the actual Demonbane powersource is also part of Akashic Record?
It means Cybuster is stronger than EG Demonbane and all super robot evar since its powerlevel is based on its access on Akashic Record which is infinity x infnity x infinity x infinity ... unreachable large cardinal or whatever those mathematician said its name.
In other words Akashic Record (SRW) is a set that contains all set of infinity.
>>
>>14309425
>Cybastar memes
>in 2016

Oh boy
>>
>>14298513
you're fucking stupid
>>
>>14309277
It could possibly wipe out infinity
>>
>>14309355
>that's a joke chart
Except it isn't
>>
>>14299841

>What kind of story is it where the protag is an overpowered god that can kill anything in 1 hit?

That literally (literally) never happens in Demonbane.

For most of the VN it's at a disadvantage against pretty much everything it fights, even Doctor West who is a joke character. Even once Al gets her powers back they still almost lose to Liber Legis.

If you don't like the concept or overall story, fine. But at no point does "hurp durp demonbane wins in one hit lol" happen in the main story.
>>
File: 829.jpg (136 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
829.jpg
136 KB, 800x600
>>14314022
>But at no point does "hurp durp demonbane wins in one hit lol" happen in the main story.
Didn't that happen once to Doctor West, shortly before he got sidelined and then came back as #1 bro of all time?

I seem to recall one of the last West fights being rather one-sided in Demonbane's favor. But as you said, he's a joke character. And even then, he had the advantage over Kurou in most of their fights.
>>
>>14299742
>>14303397
Both of those are wrong.

LoN and Kami Tenchi are omnipotents, therefore they're the highest.

>inb4 Demonbane defeats omnipotents
They simply weren't, it's bad writing. If it can be defeated then it was never omnipotent to begin with.

Featherine is not omnipotent either so she can't be in the same level as the likes of LoN.

Solomon is not even a planet buster and neither is Tamamo. The max he managed to do was kill humans and some random mooks, didn't even manage to reach Avalon.

>CG Kiritsugu
kek, bait chart, never mind.
>>
>>14303397
>mid/late-UC mobile suits/armors above Turn A
You're not even trying, are you?
>>
>>14314392
Haha, no.
No one will believe your headcanon.
>>
>>14314392
EG Demonbane's also an omnipotent, retard
Also, CG Kiritsugu's canon. Because GO's canon
Go complain at the mushroom writing Fate
>>
While we are at it, is anything Demonbane related aside from anime and original VN available in English?
>>
>>14320707

Someone translated all the prequel novels and uploaded them, but I don't have the link anymore.
>>
Demonbane is radically different than what the meme depicted. It's more like a campy shounen battle harem instead of retarded powerlevel bullshit.
>>
>>14321000
I like it.
>>
>>14298513
Stupidly sexy
>>
>>14320707
>directly related
DYN Freaks - manga
Nitroplus Blasterz: Heroines Infinite Duel - ps4 fighting game

>side material
DraKoi - VN
Guilty Crown Lost Christmas - VN
>>
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 1258x4022) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 1258x4022
>>14320707
>>
>>14331566
So wait, Demonbane is an enemy of all existence ever?
>>
File: Demonbane ACS.jpg (703 KB, 1454x800) Image search: [Google]
Demonbane ACS.jpg
703 KB, 1454x800
Are the LNs not available online anymore? I still have copies that I downloaded in 2011.
Thread replies: 98
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.