[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: Things that give you hope for your favorite /m/ related
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: 95863209658036803325968.png (445 KB, 900x1296) Image search: [Google]
95863209658036803325968.png
445 KB, 900x1296
ITT: Things that give you hope for your favorite /m/ related franchises/activities. So yeah, positive things thread!
>>
>>14295264

Getter Robo fans on /m/ ever accepting their favorite series is far from perfect and stop being condescending to constructive criticism.
>>
I don't get what the OP pic is supposed to be hope for but I don't need positive things. Everything is already moving in a positive direction. There's nothing I can think of that's in a downward spiral, life is good. Not a single franchise to lament about off the top of my head, let alone mecha franchise.

Not being sarcastic, I'm genuinely in a good mood about the future.
>>
>>14295291
He said your favorite, and considering all the other garbage you spewed out with the rest of your post, it very clearly isn't your favorite. Also, constructive criticism needs to actually be constructive for it to be that.
>>
>>14295291
>constructive
>to a dead author of a classic Japanese franchise
That's the wrong word to use but okay. And as far as I can tell there's shitposting on both sides of the street.
>>
>>14295296
>I don't get what the OP pic is supposed to be hope for
IBO will not be the end of Gundam. There will be a SAVIOR IN THE DARK. Eh?
>>
>>14295307

It's not about the series, it's about its fans learning how to deal with criticism and knowing that kind of fanaticism is unhealthy for life in a social environment.
>>
>>14295310
O ho ho
>>
>>14295299

I have every series I got to know on /m/ as my favorite. I take no preferences, all of them are great in their own unique way. It's just that Getter Robo fans makes me uneasy and intimidated to talk about anything even remotely negative about the series.
>>
>>14295360
real talk and then I avoid this bearguy bait thread. I've seen very little actual criticism in those threads. Just of a lot of unsubstantiated opinions and then the whole thread just turns into shitposting and racial epithets. It's usually called shit at the worst, or medicore or "nothing special" by the nicer ones but those statements are never substanitated.

>it's mediocre
>Why can't you autistic getterfags accept it's mediocre?
>Look at this butthurt over a mediocre manga
but I've haven't really seen anyone in those threads explain why they think it's mediocre. So yeah, I can see why people dismiss it as shit posting. The spic thing is stupid though.

Honestly this whole thing feels more like Zeta shitposting. Someone wanted to knock down one of the sacred cows of /m/, succeeded, and then just keeps kicking the dead horse. Only this feels even less sincere since Getter is an extremely niche property in English speaking fandoms, is only overrated on /m/, and I see no value in undermining it's discussion on one of the few English language sites that ever discusses it.
>>
>>14295360
Maybe if somebody posted actual legit criticism, that wouldn't be a problem. Also, you're giving this place too much credit by calling it a "social environment".

>>14295382
Yeah, I'm sure you mean everything you say. Also, nice job showing that you are awful even if you aren't shitposting.
>>
>>14295436
Refer to >>14295105 for a small "history lesson" about the use of spic on /m/ over the past couple years. Also, I take it that you think that it's overrated as an opinion, correct?
>>
>>14295436
>succeeded
Ayy
>>
>>14295466
>Also, I take it that you think that it's overrated as an opinion,
Obviously. There are several people who I've seen call it overrated, and yes it would just be their opinion as well.
And frankly if only a niche fanbase, on a niche board overrates a show, is it really overrated?

Like 3 guys on a five person board thinks it's better than the other two guys thinks it is, is it really overrated? Given the hype Getter used to get, I can see where the "overrated" opinion came from, but it's mostly semantics.

And unlike most of 4chan, I don't use overrated as a synonym for "shit". A show can be overly hyped, yet still be a good show.
>>
>>14295499
Alright, that's all good. You seem like a sensible enough anon. Something tells me I shouldn't ask you why you think it's overrated, since this isn't the right time or place, but thank you anyway.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.