[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Johnny Yong Bosch as everyone
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 6
File: Mobile-Suit-Gundam-Thunderbolt-3.jpg (423 KB, 3360x2100) Image search: [Google]
Mobile-Suit-Gundam-Thunderbolt-3.jpg
423 KB, 3360x2100
Johnny Yong Bosch as everyone
>>
He's gonna play Char in The Origin just watch.
>>
If I never hear his voice in an English dub again I can die happy. I just dislike his voice. Every character he does sounds the same, and it almost never fits. The only two roles he's done I've like were Firion in Final Fantasy: Dissidia, and Yu Narukami/Tohru Adachi in Persona 4
>>
>>14291835
Char already had a voice in origin ep1, though.
>>
>>14291963
i didn't fit young char that well to be honest he should stick to full frontal or CCA char
>>
>>14291865
>yu narukami
A mute could have done it just as well
>>
>>14292128
He talks a lot more in The Animation
>>
File: Rush_&_Irina_1.jpg (405 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Rush_&_Irina_1.jpg
405 KB, 1280x720
>>14291865
>LET'S DOO THEES

>AWRIGHT LET'S KICK SOME A

>OHWKAY, LET'S KICK SOME TAILS
>>
We just need a video game where every character is voiced by Nolan North.
Yes, everyone.
Men, women, children and animals.
>>
>>14291865
Way back in the day I thought he did Ichigo from bleach pretty well but i'm sure it's shit if I listen to is now.
>>
How many voice actors are the in the U.S.? I swear it's about a dozen peoply that voiceover every video game cartoon and anime that gets relaesed in english.
>>
>>14292583
The problem is that there is like a stable pool of like thirty in each major recording location, which almost never interact. Like, you'll never hear say, Chris Sabat in a NY dub because he does stuff in Texas mostly. That's not always the case nowadays though, seeing as sometimes people cross over, like the first FMA dub had Scott McNeil, even though he did work almost exclusively in Canada and FMA was dubbed in Texas.

Also, most anime gigs aren't union gigs, which prevents SAG people from doing them, or at least doing them under their real names. Like Laura Bailey and Troy Baker are now union so they almost never do anime any more, now they seem to be exclusively video game VAs.
>>
>>14292825
Also, I'd like to add in the interest of fariness: this is JYB's first Gundam role ever as far as I'm aware.

It could've been Steve Staley as the lead for the fourth time (Shiro, Banana, Seabook). I think they even cast him as McGillis in IBO, going by the trailer.
>>
>>14292838
And now Bosch voices Daryl in December Sky.
>>
>>14291865
He was pretty great in .hack as Kuhn. He definitely has limited range, but I'm fond of him when he fits the character.
>>
>>14291793
Is JYB the most /m/ english VA? He did start off as a Power Ranger after all
>>
He even showed up in Cyborg 009 vs. Devilman, he really is everywhere.

>>14293584
I'd vote for David Kaye, he's still the only person who's voiced both Optimus Prime and Megatron.
>>
>>14291793
Code Eureka Trigun: Wolf's Last Exile of Bleached Rain
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N6KDZUTFMWQ
>>
>>14293854
>One Heck of a Voice Actor
More like the One-Voice Actor, am I right?
>>
Man I was playing Xenosaga Episode 1 last night, and you know who he voiced? One guy, a nobody on the bridge that got killed in the first hour. It was great.

Plus Bob Bucholz (Gene Starwind, Beck) was a character too, which is extremely rare because the guy has only like 10 acting roles to his name.
>>
>>14292838
>It could've been Steve Staley as the lead for the fourth time

Or Brad Swaile, who is like the quintessential english gundam lead VA.
>>
>>14291865
You didn't like Vash?

>>14293987
In fairness, most VAs and seiyuu are pigeonholed like crazy.
>>
File: zoolander-will-ferrell-slice.jpg (41 KB, 600x200) Image search: [Google]
zoolander-will-ferrell-slice.jpg
41 KB, 600x200
>>14293999
>In fairness, most VAs and seiyuu are pigeonholed like crazy.

THIS.

Who cares about Tomokazu Sugita anyway? The man has only one voice, for Christ's sake! Gintama? Ragna the Bloodedge? Brooklyn Luckfield? They're the same tone! Doesn't anybody notice this? I feel like I'm taking crazy pills!
>>
>>14293987
More like one hack of a voice actor amirite?
>>
>>14294003
Isn't it a 2ch meme to make fun of how much of a one-voice guy Sugita is?
>>
>>14293999
I didn't like Trigun in general
>>
>>14292838
Second role, technically. He's Orga in the IBO dub, which will be available before the Thunderbolt dub.
>>
I loved JYB in .hack//G.U. and DMC4. Can't recall him in any anime I've watched though? About time he gets into a Gundam series. Like, really, the heck took so long for this to fall into place? Was honestly surprised back in the day when he wasn't in SEED.
>>
>>14294548

SEED like most Gundam shows were dubbed in Canada.
>>
File: JYB.jpg (6 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
JYB.jpg
6 KB, 480x360
>>
What happened to Ocean anyway? Did they just give up on doing VA work?
>>
>>14294563
>Age: 40
JYB confirmed for Keanu tier anti-aging god.
>>
>>14294567
I'm guessing that the shit dollar over there discourages US companies to outsource work to them nowadays.
>>
>>14294569
No they're just both half-asian
>>
>>14294567
Non-union LA work got super cheap and almost everything is done by Funimation or Sentai nowadays anyways and they have their own in-house studios. The Blue Water half still gets some work (off the top of my head they did Cardfight Vanguard and Future Card Buddyfight) but I don't think Ocean proper has done anything since the Black Lagoon OVA. Canada's probably still shitting out awful Flash cartoons though so it's not like the VAs are out of work, but it'd be nice to hear Scott McNeil voice half the supporting cast again.
>>
File: P5-Famitsu-Scan-4-1024x634.jpg (273 KB, 1024x634) Image search: [Google]
P5-Famitsu-Scan-4-1024x634.jpg
273 KB, 1024x634
>>14294003
Fuck you Sugita is great and hes the only reason im buying pic related
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.