[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
MSG vs Novelization vs MSGO
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3
File: Capa-01.jpg (251 KB, 1019x1400) Image search: [Google]
Capa-01.jpg
251 KB, 1019x1400
Hi. I have yet come to find an exhaustive list of all the differences between the MSG anime, the novelization and The Origine manga... where can I find such list? From what I understand, the novelization is quite different from the anime and have more "real" stuff in it, and MSGO go deeper on the whereabouts of Char before the OYW. Also, which one is the best regarding the storyline? Since the anime was cut short, my own opinion would be that the novelization may be the best one regarding the OYW and the whole Amuro/Char story, but MSGO look interesting too. Since I haven't read any of the two, I'm willing to hear your own opinion about this matter.
>>
>>14289837
Just do all of them.
/thread
>>
File: origin.jpg (229 KB, 954x1200) Image search: [Google]
origin.jpg
229 KB, 954x1200
>>14289837
I personally think the novel is the best iteration. It's not long at all, if you don't read at the speed of a 3rd grader you can finish it in an afternoon. It's definitely worth reading.

I also think The Origin manga is better than the show, simply because I prefer the designs in Origin. I could take the story from either the show or Origin, both are fine. Gundam with shoulder cannon is just to fucking sexy though.

At the end of the day >>14289953 is right. They are all worth checking out.
>>
>>14289953
Sure, I'll read the manga and the novel, but I would like to have a clear list of the differences between them. Gundam wikia is not very helpful on that matter.

>>14290014
About the show, I dont even bothered watching it since the cgi I saw were terrible. Maybe I am just too old fashioned, but I can't stand watching mobile suits fight in a cel-shading like 3d, even more when the animation doesn't make you feel like the mechs weights several metric tons.
>>
>>14289837
Both of them are worth checking out in all honesty. While they're not perfect and the changes done to the overall story are rather love it or hate it at best, they still manage to be rather engaging retellings that go more into detail regarding the worlds of their respective UCs.
>>
>>14290231
>the cgi I saw were terrible
Really, the Origin OVAs don't touch on the story of 0079, or at least they haven't announced any that will, so you can just skip it. What we do get is Zeonwank bullshit with over-indulgent fanservice and really bad writing.
>>
>>14289837
The novel might as well be its own story for how little it sticks to the show. It's decent but an awkward and dry read, some good stuff though like the difference in ending and further characterization of characters like Chalia Bull. The show is the show, you watch it no if ands or buts. The Origin is the best version of the story.
>>
>>14291927
I must admit that the darker tone the novel seems to take compared to the show is more appealing to me, I heard that Amuro dies in the novel, is it true?

>>14291194
I might watch the OVAs, but I don't expect much from them anyway. Is it the same story as in the manga apart from the 0079 part?
>>
>>14291927
>It's decent but an awkward and dry read
I believe that's most likely Frederick Schodt's meddling around in his translations. Remember his first translation of the novels (way back in the early 90's) had names like "Sha" or "Zack", "Jion" and shit.

>>14292878
> I heard that Amuro dies in the novel, is it true?
Yeah, he was done in by a rookie with a bazooka-carrying Rick Dom while trying to laser guide the RX-78 back to the Pegasus (the novel's name for the WB) iir

>Is it the same story as in the manga apart from the 0079 part?
At for for the most part yes; of course there are a few liberties done here and there however, but Sumisawa (the OVA's writer) made sure to make those differences pretty subtle so as to only become apparent when comparing it to the manga.
>>
what about kazuhisa manga, how was it?
>>
File: gundam.jpg (40 KB, 354x500) Image search: [Google]
gundam.jpg
40 KB, 354x500
>>14293042
Sometimes I wonder how Gundam would've been if it started as a novel rather than an anime. Tomino had some dark ideas about how to end the story originally...
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.