[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Star Driver Liked the mechs? Wish there was more? Does anyone
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 8
File: Singing_Party.jpg (73 KB, 500x357) Image search: [Google]
Singing_Party.jpg
73 KB, 500x357
Star Driver

Liked the mechs?
Wish there was more?
Does anyone remember it other than me?
>>
>Liked the mechs?
yes
>Wish there was more?
absolutely not
>>
>>14289784
I remember it as that show with the faboulous protagonist that I always thought about watching but kept postponing it for no reason.
>>
>>14289784
>Wish there was more?

I wish they had done something with The Movie instead of "six minutes of new content including 5th Phase Tauburn, then nothing else notable."
>>
It wasn't that great as a mecha show because it spended so much time on the slice of life/highschool parts and the fights felt off in a way. It had some great insert songs though with Monochrome being my favourite.
>>
>>14289784
>Does anyone remember it other than me?
yes
>>
>>14289784
Yeah I loved the mechs oddly enough.

I remember the movie having a cool after story beginning. I do wish the movie was just them doing cool shit off the island.
>>
It had a faboulous first episode and Sakana-chan's song was very nice.
>>
Im usually pretty tolerant of invincible hero mechs but they could have at least PRETENDED Tauburn was in danger at a few points.

Like the episode with the evil version of it. Takuto gets smacked around some but then gets a power up immediately as soon as it hits the "ground" followed by a flash back of his youth. Put the flash back before the power up so there's some time between it getting it's face pushed in the plot armor.

It's a shame because it's a really pretty show it's just dreadfully unexciting
>>
yoji enokido is the best
>>
>>14289784
>Does anyone remember it other than me?
I remember not getting very far when I watched it, but not why.
>>
That's the anime with all them kiraboshi, right?
>>
>>14290719
There is a reason for that though, actually several reasons, he was trained since a kid for one, Tauburn was made to hunt the other Cybodies specifically the strongest one of them and he was always a a later level than all other Glittering Star members since he could use is mecha without having to use a proxy, incidentally the one who gave him trouble was someone who could also pilot his own and his objective was to have his Cybodiy destroyed
>>
File: tmp708335438544240640.jpg (114 KB, 1063x1063) Image search: [Google]
tmp708335438544240640.jpg
114 KB, 1063x1063
>>14289784
Do you really want a Bones sequel?
>>
>>14290833
Sure. Sequels to something one likes are always nice. And if it turns out that they're bad, then one simply ignores them.
>>
>>14290719
That power up was belated, though. That's Tauburn's Third Phase, it should have got it the minute Memna took a sword to the face.
>>
>>14290112
So it wasn't too good of an /m/ show, because it acted too much like an /m/ show
I can dig it

>>14290913
No, they aren't. Stop shitposting.
>>
Yeah. I love Star Driver. More would have been cool. That movie was pretty sad.
>>
>>14290828

I understand it. But reasons don't mean it can't be boring still.

>>14290936

Well my point is with better direction he could have gotten it and still made the fight actually seem exciting.
>>
>>14289784
Nice premise. Utterly boring show.

Wasted potential.
>>
star driver is dumb as hell and i love it so much, even if it was pretty much carried on yoji enokidos broad shoulders.
>>
>>14289784
BONES
O
N
E
S
>>
File: caught.png (822 KB, 720x707) Image search: [Google]
caught.png
822 KB, 720x707
the fox was adorable
>>
did the movie ever get subbed?
>>
>>14293802
And talked for like one ep, and then it was never mentioned again.
>>
>>14293878
Yes, but it's 95% rehash. There is some new animation in that rehash, but it's nothing really special.

>>14293802
>>14293884
>tfw we'll never get a reasonable backstory for the aliens, or any backstory for the Cybodies aside from arguably the play and Sam The Squid Killer.
>>
It did everything right and knew what it was.

It needed probably two more episodes to finish on a strong note without getting too rushed... one more episode maybe would have been enough.
>>
>>14293884
He appeared throughout the series
>>
>>14293897
I think the ending is perfect. It finishes on a really high note and anything more would be unnecessary.
>>
I liked it
>>
File: 01.jpg (3 MB, 6348x3502) Image search: [Google]
01.jpg
3 MB, 6348x3502
>>14290112
>Monochrome
Best insert song.
Actually the whole soundtrack for the show was pretty good.
>>
>>14296566
It's really too bad that the second best Maiden song gets played, like, twice.

Mind, one of those times was also one of the funniest scenes in the show, so.
>>
Monochrome was awesome.

And I can barely remember the Kiraboshi Villians motivations, it seemed just like such a stupid group of easily influenciable teenagers.
>>
>>14293897
>It did everything right and knew what it was.
-Battles had virtually no tension
-Story is non-existent and characters are one-dimensional
-Stock footage! Stock footage everywhere!
Never take anyone who likes Star Driver seriously.
>>14296264
> It finishes on a really high note
By resolving absolutely nothing and abruptly
>>
>>14297626
>Funniest scene
Wait which scene? Also what was the second one called, uh Innocent Blue?
>>
The show was best enjoyed while following the livestream threads.
>>
It was really pretty, though had a lot of stock footage. Neat mech designs.

The actual plot was fucking nonsense though, good lord. I don't even remember if I watched all of it.
>>
File: shot0001.png (3 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
shot0001.png
3 MB, 1280x720
>>14297787
The first song (Winter) was Monochrome, second (Spring) was Innocent Blue, third (Summer) was Komorebi no Contact - Sunbeam Contact - and fourth (Fall) was Shūshoku no Aria - Aria of Autumn Color.

In order of best to worst it's Monochrome > Aria of Autumn Color > Sunbeam Contact > Innocent Blue. As for "one of the funniest moments in the show", the "I've given up on being an idol" followed by like two minutes of her singing and this.
>>
File: vlcsnap-2016-05-31-17h03m02s60.png (794 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2016-05-31-17h03m02s60.png
794 KB, 1280x720
>>14298177
Oh yeah that was the best scene.
>>
Lesbians were a mistake, dartfags should not have been so important.
>>
IT'S A PINCH.
>>
>>14289784
Wasted potential. Designs were nice, and fight animation was great. 2nd OP was very good.
>>
>>14297667
>resolved nothing
what are you on about? everything was solved, they just didnt spend half an episode putting a bow on it because it would have only brought it down.
>>
>>14299828
The only unresolved thing I can think of is that shipperfags never got their answers.
>>
>>14299994
They did. The answer given was "threesomes."

The only real question left unanswered are the various questions related to the aliens and how the Cybodies got there, but I don't think Takuto and friends really were going to sit down and grill Serena and Vice all that hard on the subject.
>>
>>14299828
>everything was solve
No it wasn't. Lots of shit went unexplained.
>>
>>14300056
yeah we should have had a lore episode explaining all the boring lore minutia.
fill in that shit yourself idiot
>>
>>14298897
I agree with this.The animation is spectacular, the mech designs are wonderful, and I'll never forget the feeling I got when Monochrome first played and they went into Zero Time for the first time.

But it's like others have said, there's never any tension. Every episode is "New person has character development. Then they think they can beat Takuto. They maybe get one hit on him, and then he destroys them." The plot never really goes anywhere either.
>>
Why was Samekh tiny in the prologue of the movie?
Why was Samekh SPEAKING in the prologue of the movie?

These questions and more, unanswered.
>>
>>14301743
Saying Star Driver didn't explain anything and using The Movie as an example is a bad idea. The problem in that case isn't Star Driver, it's The Movie randomly skipping ahead to a lot later in the timeline without any inbetween ever showing.
>>
>>14289784
I really liked the mechas, loved the whole mecha pointy hat thing, but the show wasn't that good. It felt like all the bad parts of Utena without all the genius later on that make those part so fucking smart on a second viewing.
>>
Anyone have a webm of the full transformation sequence?
>>
>>14302095
I felt like the whole of Star Driver is wasted opportunities over and over, but in a sort of episodic way it was good, but it never came together. Still found it better than Captain Earth though. Captain Earth also fell apart but it didn't have the style and energy SD had that kept it from completely falling apart.
Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.