[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Evangelion vs...
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 11
File: RBARJMDI7B2PEKTAA7VHCMU9M-x00.jpg (68 KB, 493x768) Image search: [Google]
RBARJMDI7B2PEKTAA7VHCMU9M-x00.jpg
68 KB, 493x768
Why do so many people compare Eureka seveN to Evangeion so much?
In what possible way is a super robot love story between two teens in any way comparable to a monster of the week psychological mind-fuck of confusing themes that is Evangelion?

I'll give them the show had 2-3 Eva moments but no one calls TTGL Getter Robo despite ape-ing/giving homage to a lot of scenes from the latter show.
>>
They're both mainstream mech animes but Evangelion is the best and Eureka Seven is the worst so I can't see much of a connection, either.
>>
>>14288618
people always compare evangelion to everything. evangelion is shit people got shit taste
>>
>>14288618
Their both coming of age stories (For Renton/Shinji) involving alien life forms weaponized with advanced robotics (LFOs/EVAs), pseudo-philosophical explanations(Buddism/Judism), a very withdrawn love interest with blue hair (Eureka/Rei)

On the other hand, these two animes could not possibly be more different and of the two, Eureka 7 is undoubtably better.

Hell, I should wright a piece just comparing the two. I bet I could make an entire thesis for my Lit class.
>>
>>14289030
>Their
*Facepalm* *They're

Fuck my english skills.
>>
>>14289030
>>14289034
Thanks for being a good, contributing ESL poster.

Also, right instead of wright.

A wright is like a craftsman of sorts.
>>
But E7 is closer to Gundam X
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (123 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
123 KB, 1920x1080
>>14289170
To be fair, people making said comparison probably don't really watch a lot of mecha.

Still, I find it quite hard to draw any obvious "This is X, just with Y instead of Z. Otherwise it is the exact same show," parallels for the two shows, hence the OP.
>>
>>14289147
English is actually my first language.

And it should have been write instead of wright.
>>
>>14288618
>but no one calls TTGL Getter Robo despite ape-ing/giving homage to a lot of scenes from the latter show.
I have literally never NOT heard this opinion.
>>
>>14289326
On /m/, sure.
Starting as close as /a/, the opinion would definitely shift away from that quite rapidly.

>http://myanimelist.net/recommendations/anime/30-237

Sometimes I feel like none of the people actually watched the series.
>>
>>14289484
>95% of all anime-fans are retarded
In other news, the sun goes up every morning.
>>
>>14289484
>Sometimes I feel like none of the people actually watched the series.
pretty much it's true. they pretty much just watch openings and collect anime images
>>
File: 10191561a.jpg (125 KB, 999x724) Image search: [Google]
10191561a.jpg
125 KB, 999x724
Speaking of, what's your view on Eureka seveN: AO?

It is pretty obvious that finding more anime like E7 is not really going to lead anywhere even so many years after its release but that articular sequel is quite an interesting topic.

Heck, that is the E7 that I would agree upon being really similar to Eva.
>>
>>14290414
I liked the first half but the majority of the second half deserves all the shit it gets, holy hell. Other than introducing a bunch of new stuff that was utterly nonsensical, even plot threads that started in the first half led absolutely nowhere.
>>
>>14290423
I've always wish that they had chosen to change the script in the dub to make things make more sense,like in some other shows. But then again AO's second half went haywire
>>
>>14290414
>Heck, that is the E7 that I would agree upon being really similar to Eva.
Not really. AO is just building on the bullshit of the original and is more plot driven than character.
>>
>>14289030
>Eureka 7 is undoubtably better.
Stopped reading there.
>>
>>14288618
>Why do so many people compare Eureka seveN to Evangeion so much?
Director is a huge Eva fan and there's a lot of references to it all throughout including 0079.
>In what possible way is a super robot love story between two teens in any way comparable to a monster of the week psychological mind-fuck of confusing themes that is Evangelion?
I know you're probably just being ignorant but there's a lot of psychological bullshit in E7 especially in the cave episodes or the episode where Renton gets into some of the trapar. It also delves into the psyches of the cast and why they act the way they do since in both series the protagonist get treated like shit by adults and take refudge in the solace of a blue haired girl who's relationship winds up being the crux of the plot and winds up saving him. Now E7 isn't as raw as Evangelion but its blatantly inspired by it.
>>
>>14288618
Evafags will compare anything to Evangelion. Just don't engage them.
>>
File: E7 end.jpg (40 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
E7 end.jpg
40 KB, 640x480
>>14289030
You can't compare the two just because they're about mecha and have some other similartities.
Eva is about a boy overcoming his past and emotional barriers
Eureka seven is a love story between two kids who are learning more about their world.
Each is pretty good but to compare the two is foolish.
>>
>>14290737
>>14290716
You both sound more stupider than Rahxephonfags.
>>
File: D.jpg (53 KB, 720x480) Image search: [Google]
D.jpg
53 KB, 720x480
>>14288618
Fuck off, superior green haired not-quite-human girl coming through.
>>
>>14290741
>more stupider
Found the ESL.
>>
>>14290748
Can I give her The D or would that be redundant.
>>
File: WaitingforE7season2.jpg (155 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
WaitingforE7season2.jpg
155 KB, 640x360
>>14290414

The first 3 episodes are hype. another 6 seem to be going somewhere.

And then, something deep inside breaks and the whole thing falls apart.

The only description I can think of is that anyone who was interested or invested in the original setting was spontaneously replaced with people who actively hated it. Excluding one or two good scenes in a barely coherent plot, there's nothing redeemable.

Ironically, it's awful enough to manual remove itself from Eureka 7's continuity, as the space-time manipulation depicted in AO cannot functionally exist in a universe that uses the standard Strong Anthropic Principle model that was necessary for the original series's cataclysmic threat "The Limit of Questions" AO requires the subset "Self-Sampling Assumption" model, the difference being that SAP believes that communal observation distorts the universe while SSA thinks every individual's perception distorts into another universe.

I kinda make sure every thread I see to mention E7:AO is so bad, it destroys the physics of its own universe. Watch it for 6 or so episodes, then assume it got canceled Or wade through it for Fleur and/or delusional fan-work brought on by the despair over the colossal betrayal felt by the long time fans.
>>
>>14288618
How about Brain Powered? I've heard that one compared to Eva as well. Haven't watched it, but I'm not seeing many similarities given what I know of it.
>>
the real question is why they compare it to everything
>>
>Eureka 7
>Evangelion
>TTGL
All time-tested and beloved shows. What is wrong with you, OP?
>>
File: 1444275879690.jpg (17 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
1444275879690.jpg
17 KB, 480x360
>>14296891
>Eureka 7
>time-tested and beloved show
>>
Fuck off, there are like 5 gainax shitposting threads.
>>
>>14296273
I just pretend the nAnO manga is canon past the first bunch of episodes that you mentioned.
>>
>>14296273
Not only does the in-universe mechanics differ but it also has literal inconsistences with the three E7 universe, manga,anime and movie.

AO was so goddamn dumb it managed to lock itself out of continuity
>>
>>14288618

>Eureka Seven
> Eva

I though Eureka Seven was a totallynotTomino anime. It even has a pack of orphans on the ship. Even its character design is Tomino-esque (being similar to King Gainer's)
>>
I think the only similarities it shares with Eva are superficial. Same with its similarities to Gundam. It uses settings slightly familiar to the viewer and then goes and does its own thing with them, relatively successfully.
>>
File: 1243055727839.png (10 KB, 429x410) Image search: [Google]
1243055727839.png
10 KB, 429x410
>>14298102
>I though Eureka Seven was a totallynotTomino anime. It even has a pack of orphans on the ship. Even its character design is Tomino-esque (being similar to King Gainer's)
Next you're going to tell me G-reco copied Eureka 7, let me give you a hint, there is this thing called CHARACTER DESIGNER, more often than not their characters are pretty damn similar
>>
They are compared because they both have awful characters, a pointless plot that goes nowhere and is just replaced with surreal imagery in the hopes fans will fill in the gaps

Though at least one isn't 24 episodes too long because of pointless filler bullshit with its shithead characters

Both have cool mechs, the only redeeming feature of each
>>
Eureka Seven
Gundam X
Zoids Chaotic Century
Gurren Lagann

What are other shows with a boy and his autistic girlfriend?
>>
>>14288618
E7 had soul.

Evangelion lacked that.

Those who prefer Eva over E7 have no soul.

/thread
>>
>people saying that evangelion is better than eureka seven

go back to evageeks and never come back
>>
>>14298762
Oh you.
>>
The only good thing that E7 has is the odd cool fight every now and then. Most of the time it's just a slice of life about some characterless idiot and his cloud girlfriend.

Why is there so much filler in an original series? Take out all the "I want to do sex with cloud girl" and "let's teach Renton about puberty" and you'll have a redeemable 24 episode series.

It really speaks volumes that E7 is the favourite mecha anime of mostly the same people who enjoy Lucky Star and K-On
>>
>>14298935
I fucking hate K-On and Lucky Star, but you by namedropping them look like Mr. Kyle Ravencloud or some kid with a phase.

Go and play with toys, this site is 18+
>>
>>14298935
>It really speaks volumes that TTGL is the favorite mecha anime of mostly the same people who enjoy Lucky Star and K-On
ftfy
>>
>>14298973
Do you know what the word "mostly" means?
Here's a hint: it means "not all, but a lot"
>>
>>14298979
People on 4chan are mostly autistic, they don't understand the concept of exceptions
>>
>>14298935
>Take out all the "I want to do sex with cloud girl" and "let's teach Renton about puberty"

You do know this is a coming of age story, right?
>>
>>14301267
Not the same anon but it is the best one imo, bar none.
>>
>>14288618
From my memory

>E7
they just kind of fly around forever with no affiliation or specific mission, they're never in any danger and literally everything takes a back seat to the kid wanting to fuck not-rei and the kawaii hijinks that ensue...idk, it could not hold my attention.

>Eva
There is some kind of super important maguffin hidden in this cool ass underground base that Shinji's dad built all by himself because he's super cool. Every episode is serious as fuck, has a pretty cool theme to follow and has character development. It's basically kill or be killed every episode. Kawaii Hijinks ensue.
>>
>>14289009
>this is what Bones infants actually believe
>>
>>14302053
>Implying
E7 is almost as overrated as Eva is
>>
File: 1303449612967.jpg (60 KB, 450x557) Image search: [Google]
1303449612967.jpg
60 KB, 450x557
>>14288618
Both have a solid Dandere. Eureka's development arc is almost as solid as Rei Ayanami's

The protagonists have similar motivations but different reactions to the world. Renton is considered healthier while Shinji is considered more realistic.

The mechs are both, in actuality based off the biology of the "other". The scubcoral drive the IFOs and later the LFOs are artificially grown scubcoral frames, The Evas are angels created from artificially grown flesh and a human spirit.

The "other" in both is represented almost identically, two forces that can't understand co-exist. The conclusion is different, in E7 the scub and humanity come to an understanding, in Evangelion the Angels and Humanity can't come to an understanding because individuality is a core part of humanity.

The same themes are present between both, but they seem to be the antithesis of each other. E7 is the communist manifesto where as Evangelion is the declaration of Independence
Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.