[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
There are no big differences between Zeta and ZZ. Both are equally
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3
File: 278432-54c0c56a57f7d.jpg (91 KB, 287x400) Image search: [Google]
278432-54c0c56a57f7d.jpg
91 KB, 287x400
There are no big differences between Zeta and ZZ. Both are equally bad t.b.h.

As for 0079, it's an overrated hot pile. And don't get me started on CCA. People revere those shows as must-watch, but if you actually value your time, you should really skip them. They're terrible.
>>
>>14285910
>Summertime: THE POST
>>
>>14285911
>no arguments: the post
>>
>>14285910
Jesus christ man at least put some effort into your trolling. This is just embarrassing. 0/10
>>
>>14285910
I agree with the skipping CCA part. Literally added nothing to the series story. I'd rather be left with Amuro & Char fading away into obscurity like damn near every other character did.
>>
Can OP name a Gundam series that is better than 0079, Zeta, or ZZ? Even conceding that Zeta is worse than 0079 and ZZ is worse than both, what Gundam series is better?

No (you) until you prove this isn't just retarded summer posting or b8
>>
>0079
>overrated
it's practically flawless.
>>
>>14285953

Not Op, but I'd say Turn-A is better than any of the, that G and Victory are better than both Zeta and ZZ and that 00 is better than at least ZZ.
>>
>>14285910
>And don't get me started on CCA

I agree. Unironically one of the worst anime endings ever
>>
>>14285969
Not the person you are responding to but what is your reasoning behind Victory being better then Zeta?
>>
There's sure been a lot of shitting on Gundam shows on /m/ lately. When I first started coming to /m/ a few years ago it seemed like such a positive board compared to the rest of the site, if you can believe it. It's fine to complain once in a while, but when you have nothing to say aside from "it's terrible," then it seems like a waste to make a whole thread about it. Almost as much of a waste of time as the response I just typed. Oh, well. Carry on, I guess.
>>
>>14286005
You're posting in a troll thread buddy calm down.
>>
>>14285995

I'd say it's cast are more interesting and entertaining, and they gel and interact better. I'd say it's fight choreography is better too, as is the atmosphere the show generates as a whole. The desperation League Militaire being kids, women and old men for the most part, using old trucks to ferry equipment and having to rely on and even pressure volunteers generates more tension in my opinion than Zeta and the A.E.U.G. did.
>>
>>14285930
The same can be said about the OP post.
>>
>>14286005
>/m/ a few years ago it seemed like such a positive board compared to the rest of the site,
I agree. It's surprising to see how much it changed over a relatively short span of time.

>>14286014
Every thread is a troll thread nowadays, that's the problem. People here don't want to talk about mecha anime anymore, they want to shitpost, spread memes and get those dem (you)s
>>
>>14285910
>There are no big differences between Zeta and ZZ. Both are equally bad t.b.h.As for 0079, it's an overrated hot pile. And don't get me started on CCA. People revere those shows as must-watch, but if you actually value your time, you should really skip them. They're terrible.

Lets take them one on one.

Gundam 0079 tv series. This one is definitely mediocre wether you watched it on tv when it originally aired in 1979-1980 or wether you've seen it as an adult decades later through rose tinted glasses.
There is a reason why historically the Gundam film trilogy is better. Even Sunrise refers to the trilogy as the canon when it comes to Gundam 0079. The tv series is just forgotten.

The film CCA.
CCA is the direct sequel to Gundam 0079 (tv series or film trilogy). When people say the film is bad is because they try to squeeze a round peg in a square hole i.e. try to view CCA as a sequel to Zeta and ZZ. That said, the film proper is dry, almost Kurosawasa-esque in its depiction of the events. It's almost like you were watching a documentary. Char is same bastard as he was in 0079 with the same grievances towards Amuro (he blames Amuro for having killed Lalah Sune). And Amuro is the same as that of 0079 (maybe a little bit grown up). The real problem with this film are the secondary characters i.e. starting from purple-green haired girl.

Now to Zeta and ZZ.

These 2 tv series are a whole. You cannot view one independent of the other no matter what Zeta fagots try to say. ZZ literally starts from where Zeta stops. Think of the time between Zeta and ZZ as a mid season finale.
Zeta tried an "adult" approach to Gundam. At least as much adult as could be done with a series broadcast on tv during the day (no late night anime in those days). Zeta suffers mostly from being 20-15 episodes too long. And that leads to meandering characters and storylines that are repeated for the no reason at all. It doesn't help the main character is dislikable and autistic.
>>
>>14285910
>EVERYTHING IS SHIT

Come on I don't want to pretend life is worth living but why so negative all the time?
>>
>>14286075

continue from the previous post :

ZZ suffers from the opposite things that plagued Zeta. It starts too much like 0079. Not the seriousness you see in Zeta. It's much more like 0079 in this respect. And this is the primary reason why Zeta fags detest ZZ. They cannot deal with the fact a direct sequel to Zeta had to be more light hearted than Zeta. And there is a reason for this. Audiences didn't take well to Zeta. They thought it was too dark (Ha take that Zeta fags) and Sunrise complied. Of course had Sunrise dosed the amount of light heartedness and seriousness in ZZ it would have ended much better than the product we finally got. But that's easy to say in hindsight.
ZZ has a great character cast, maybe the most enjoyable of all the tv series taking place in the UC.
>>
File: adachi.jpg (62 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
adachi.jpg
62 KB, 640x360
>>14286079
>>
>>14286081
>ZZ has a great character cast, maybe the most enjoyable of all the tv series taking place in the UC.
ZZ fag delusion

>Gary Stu protagonist
>Male support cast tries to outright murder him
>No likeable girls
>Nobody goes through any actual character development are hardships
>They all fuck off after ZZ, never to be heard from again.
Any people wonder why Tomino gave Zeta a happier ending and retconned ZZ?
>>
>>14286121
>retconned ZZ
That didn't happen and you know it.
Unicorn came out after ANT and it acknowledges it.

But of course now you're going to say that Unicorn is not canon, but ANT somehow is, like in every fucking thread.
>>
>>14286121
>Any people wonder why Tomino gave Zeta a happier ending and retconned ZZ?

The film trilogy regarding Zeta is a spin off. A What if version. It doesn't have the same status vis-à-vis Zeta tv series that the Gundam film trilogy has towards Gundam 0079 tv series.
>>
>>14286075
>These 2 tv series are a whole.
I agree. There are a lot of things in late Zeta which are followed up on in ZZ. Like Bright not wanting to seen Fa out and Torres says he could pilot a MS if absolutely needed, but that the result would be a disaster. Then in ZZ he's forced out in the Methuss and gets his shit wrecked.

>You cannot view one independent of the other no matter what Zeta fagots try to say.
Hey, I love Zeta and am digging early ZZ (seen first 12 eps so far). We're not all the same!
>>
>>14286144
No, it was the true telling of events. The TV version is exactly that. A TV show of the events of what really happened like Macross did.
>>
>>14286148
What makes you think that? Where is your evidence?
>>
>>14286148
>No, it was the true telling of events. The TV version is exactly that. A TV show of the events of what really happened like Macross did.

I think you mixed up the franchises. Gundam is not Macross.
>>
File: vlcsnap-2014-08-22-00h16m06s154.png (760 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2014-08-22-00h16m06s154.png
760 KB, 960x720
>>14285910
>There are no big differences between Zeta and ZZ. Both are equally bad t.b.h.
Hm nope
>>
OP is right you know
>>
>>14289145
Yeah but you're wrong you know
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.