[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/m/ which would you rather be a part of the principality of zeon
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 7
File: 45593-space.jpg (283 KB, 1000x563) Image search: [Google]
45593-space.jpg
283 KB, 1000x563
/m/ which would you rather be a part of the principality of zeon or the earth federation and why (politcally, not based on mobile suit preference)
>>
>>14280135

The Federation I guess, since they come off more as lazy and uncaring as opposed to the ambitious madness of Zeon in all its forms.
>>
>>14280135
Earth Federation because they always win.
It's not a hard question with foresight.
>>
>>14280144
The more i think about it the more the federation and zeon are the same except one is a lazy liar and the other is angry and violent though
>>
I agree more with zeon, but it has a habit of being taken over by people using it to create a dictatorrship.

I wouldn't mind the federation, do they have many political beliefs past trying to keep things sort of as they are and trying to more evenly distribute the population in space?
>>
>>14280135
Federation easily. I'll take ineffectual and corrupt over authoritarian dictatorship any day.
>>
>>14280155
Well if you count the titans as part of the feds they have a bad habit of wanting the poor and spacenoids to be sent away to the colonies and or slaughtering them but i wouldnt count the titans as the EF as a whole
>>
>>14280157
I would say over the course of the universal century the federation slowly becomes a bit more like the principality as the earth becomes more and more desperate except instead replace dictatorship with oligarchy
>>
>>14280146
I mean like on a what if kinda level where you didnt know who was gonna win just going off the two government styles which would you choose
>>
>>14280135
I'll go with the faction that DIDN'T murder half of humanity out of fucking nowhere, thanks.
>>
>Zeon
>a group of angry spacenoids who declare war on the feds for independence and spacenoid freedom
>then proceed to attack and kill fellow spacenoids
I don't really think the feds have any political belief, but they certainly didn't kill those that they claim to be fighting for.
>>
File: 5hSg4xA.jpg (232 KB, 1127x552) Image search: [Google]
5hSg4xA.jpg
232 KB, 1127x552
Zeon is just one failure after another. Zeon A gets wrecked, then a straggler from Zeon A survives somehow and goes on to form Zeon B. Zeon B gets destroyed, and a survivor goes on to form Zeon C. Rinse and repeat.

Zeon is like a parasite on the Federation that is easily squashed but can become a nuisance if ignored. Ironically, despite their complaints that the Federation oppresses Spacenoids, the only reason Zeon constantly reforms with a new army of mobile suits is because the Federation doesn't police the colonies strictly enough.
>>
>>14280735
Wonder how long it will take for Black_Knight to infest this thread with his 'Zeon was perfectly justified in genociding other Spacenoids because otherwise they'd have to do more work!' bullshit.
>>
File: 1461536295307.jpg (162 KB, 550x892) Image search: [Google]
1461536295307.jpg
162 KB, 550x892
Federation because JIMM is the superior standard issue suit in my opinion
>>
>>14280135
>and why (politcally, not based on mobile suit preference)
>>14280864
>JIMM
I love you fellow GM bro but reading comprehension
>>
>>14280867
Oh, in that case still Federation because I get to pull rank in the titans for a bit then maybe defect to the AEUG
>>
>>14280135
The Earth Federation on the grounds that they'd be the villains, if not for the fact there's genocidal space nazis who killed half of humanity out there.
>>
Federation
Both factions are only meant to benefit those at the top, but at least the Federation guys are just content being rich, lazy, and corrupt. Meanwhile the Zeek leadership wants their populace to repeatedly go to war.
>>
>>14280882
Not to mention that you can actually get independence from the Federation without going full Zeek; look at Side 6.
>>
>>14280135
I want fair distribution of goods between people and I want to see humanity evolving into something new.
So, Zeon. Fuck Zabi and fuck Haman.
>>
>>14280889
Hell, the Zeeks WERE independent from the Feds for like a whole 2 decades before they lost that privilege via genocide.
>>
>>14280150
>one is a lazy liar and the other is angry and violent though
So in other words not the same at all.
>>
>>14280135
Feds.

It may be a corrupt oligarchy, but that's better than a corrupt genocidal oligarchy. The GMs are just a bonus.
>>
This is the problem when people talk about Gundam being grey.

Individually, yes, it's grey. You've got people like Ramba Ral and so on who are essentially good.

But when it comes to the Federation versus Zeon, well normally a huge world government that suppreses national identities and rebellions, operates for the benefit of the elite within it and forces people to move into space colonies would be the villaisn.

Except you have Zeon who fucking murdered six billion people with nukes, poison gas and colony drops.
>>
>>14280135

Depends what we take as canon. Are we just comparing the two governments as depicted in 0079? If so then Zeon. All we see in 0079 is that a colony falls on a city on earth, and we find out that half of humanity died in the first week of the war. We don't get the details of Operation British, nor do we hear anything about gas attacks against spacenoids. The more we extend into the OVAS and the extra material from sourcebooks, novels, etc the more Zeon has a strong case made against them.
>>
>>14280967
We also see Gihren openly admitting to plotting to exterminate most of the human race apart from the chosen few and being bluntly, thirty five years after the end of the Second World War, compared to Hitler.
>>
File: lalahs-dilemma.jpg?w=625.jpg (48 KB, 625x473) Image search: [Google]
lalahs-dilemma.jpg?w=625.jpg
48 KB, 625x473
>>14280973
>>
>>14280949
The problem is that the Federation is essentially what all republics collapse into at some point. Unlike Zeon though there is a chance for reform, but it requires the populace to be active and willing to pursue the means to make things better.

Even then the Federation didn't come about with America just conquering everyone and going, "we're one nation now." It's clearly a decision reached by the majority of the population in the face of escalating environmental and population crises.

In spite of the ironic religious element Zeon faithful throw at their dictatorship, the Federation itself is more likely to represent the hopes of humanity circa a certain era. It's just that hopes can't live on its own power.

All of humanity uniting together to save the Earth, heal her wounds, and persevere and learn from the devastation our own ignorance caused; it's a beautiful thing. And really the Federation was doing just that, though with some obviously benefiting more than others.
>>
>>14280867

Only competent leaders could have put together the GM, a venerable design that would last for 50 years where as Zeon were wasting resource on competing designs that were useless. It is this same vain of thought that lead to their demise in all of their movements. That's a good enough political reason
>>
>>14281127
The GM's frame and overall design only lasted maybe around 20 years at best before being replaced by the Jegan.
>>
>>14280135
Free Luna.
>>
>>14280937
They both want the same thing. Dominion over the Earth Sphere and control over who lives on Earth and who doesn't The Federation already has this so they come off as "ineffectual" because they essentially have already accomplished their goals aside from mopping up some illegals who still live on Earth. And on that note, this is entering theory territory, but they probably got a lot done in that regard between 0079 and Zeta since 5/7 of the sides were wiped out in the OYW, yet they're around and full of people in Zeta and ZZ. My guess is a lot of those people were new deportees from Earth.
>>
>>14280978
Goddam Degwin looks like a potato
>>
File: Degwin.jpg (182 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
Degwin.jpg
182 KB, 600x600
>>14281177
I fucking kek'd
>>
>>14280937
I have to admit after writing that it sounded really retarded it was a bit hard getting my idea across last night but here is a better one the federation and zeon as i saw it was that the feds were just an oligarchy that hid the fact that it was an oligarchy with "democracy" that was not really a democracy while zeon didnt even try to hide the whole dictatorship thing they were just like yea we own all a dis
>>
>>14281799
Ok that sounded worse heres the best final version of my idea at least zeon didnt try to hide what it was through a fake democracy god damn i feel dumb as hell
>>
>>14281799

I don't think we ever saw anything of the Federation itself to say it was an oligarchy and not a democracy. Even people that hate the Federation like Full Frontal though admit that it's actually a democracy, so I think that's making a big leap frankly.
>>
>>14281803
Except Zeon actually DOES hide behind a fake democracy. They've got an elected assembly and Prime Minister that basically just do what the Zabis tell them to do.
>>
>>14281833
Well shiiiiiiit
>>
>>14281833
You think if zeon deikun didnt die zeon wouldve stayed a republic?
>>
File: BandofZeon.png (324 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
BandofZeon.png
324 KB, 1024x768
>>14280135
I would fight for Zeon because like me they're intelligent, Nihilistic and have a wicked sense of humor.
>>
fuck both, I'll go to Side 6
>>
>>14280135
Zeon. They have princesses.
>>
At the risk of sounding like /pol/, I pick Zeon, because I would want to live in a Nationalistic /natsco/ society, where myself and others like me are taken care of first. Also, I wouldn't want to be part of a union that literally covers the entire earth
>>
>>14281151
Jupiter.
>>
Feds
All I have to do is hop in my GM and hope for the best, call in sick to the naval review 4 years later and my career as a titans member is secured
Then I get the best of both worlds, fucking cool mobile suits and the earth, and, If some tranny ruins that for me I can defect to axis and bathe in gold bars
>>
>>14280973

That was in private though. A low level soldier like me wouldn't know anything about that.
>>
>>14286447
Yes, but we, the audience can see it, and it's one of the signs that Zeon ain't kosher that's on display in the original series.
>>
>>14280867
>politcally, not based on mobile suit preference
fuck that shit this is /m/
>>
>>14281142
And the Jegan lasted even longer than that, so...
>>
>>14281973
their suits are fucking sick too
>>
File: GOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAL.gif (2 MB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
GOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAL.gif
2 MB, 320x240
>>14286515
Mah Spacenoigga!
>>
>>14280896
>Fair distribution of goods
>Zeon

Son...
>>
>>14286611
What? I'm talking about the world of newtypes Zeon Deikun dreamed of. The real Principality of Zeon sucks
>>
>>14287158

His dream had exactly zero to do with fair distribution of goods and only really covered getting people off Earth. He doesn't even really care about newtypes, since they were just a pipe dream he theorized as a side bar. Contolism was always his main jam though.
>>
>>14281950
If we take what we see of him in The Origin to be true? No. He was endlessly paranoid and hardly really fit to preside. His cabinet (the Zabi family, in all liklihood) would no doubt turn Zeon into a figurehead, working from behind the scenes to assure some version of his policies were enacted, and gradually move to off him anyway.
>>
>>14288852

The translated speech from the Zeta novel's floating around makes him come off as rather extreme too, given that it talks about people being happiest and best when working for the nation and personal happiness being the enemy.

I prefer him as a Ghandi/MLK like figure who was peaceful but whose cause got coopted personally, but it doesn't look like that was ever supposed to be the case in reality.
Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.