[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Everyone always tells me that Mobile Suit Gundam wasn't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 4
File: YMS-15_Gyan_MG_boxart.jpg (1 MB, 2698x3500) Image search: [Google]
YMS-15_Gyan_MG_boxart.jpg
1 MB, 2698x3500
Everyone always tells me that Mobile Suit Gundam wasn't popular when it was on TV and only got popular when the compilation movies came out, but the M'Quve and the Gyan seem really popular despite the M'Quve only having a couple of lines in the movies and the Gyan getting cut completely. Someone explain. If the TV show is so unpopular, how'd this TV-only mobile suit get so popular?
>>
File: answer.jpg (50 KB, 633x479) Image search: [Google]
answer.jpg
50 KB, 633x479
>>14276865
>>
>>14276865
It got popular because of its appearance in Build Fighters.
>>
>>14276865
Gundam became very popular on re-runs, it was the original broadcast that was incredibly unpopular.
>>
File: how could I miss that.jpg (154 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
how could I miss that.jpg
154 KB, 1280x960
>>14276870
I should have known! In hindsight it was so obvious!
>>
>>14276876
This, compilation movies came because of reruns being popular.

>>14276865
Has it occurred to you that people in the near-on forty years since the original airing watched the series and enjoyed the Gyan, M'Quve, etc?
>>
File: 1385793924139.jpg (82 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
1385793924139.jpg
82 KB, 1024x768
>>14276865
Alongside the movies, they re-aired the TV series and in the DECADES since then many more people have picked up and watched the series.

Gyan has also been enjoying a new wave of popularity due to a joke character in build fighters using it and becoming a popular character. Even the build fighters staff hadn't expected the character and Gyan to be that popular (The HGUC Gyan literally selling out in stores after the first episode aired) and actually added him into the background of a couple episodes and gave him a custom in a episode that they were leaving open near the end for contest winner cameos. Even the addon kit was something whipped up at the last minute.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.