[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What did everyone think of Valvrave the Liberator? Can't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 9
File: valqualcosa.jpg (111 KB, 667x571) Image search: [Google]
valqualcosa.jpg
111 KB, 667x571
What did everyone think of Valvrave the Liberator? Can't seem to find a decent torrent
>>
>>14275903
I liked it, it was cool.

More so I liked how someone managed to come up with the name "Vulvarape the Penetrator", referencing the rape scene in the story. : P
>>
File: 1425634750.jpg (99 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
1425634750.jpg
99 KB, 640x640
>>14275903
I thought it was alright. You might not have as much fun watching it alone though, I watched it with /a/ and had a blast.

As with many Sunrise series with a second cour, it goes down in quality, so watch out.
>>
>>14275903
There's no batch afaik, you're stuck torrenting the individual episodes.

The shitty part is that the BD rips use the gg subs and gg was full on memesub mode for the show.

The memesubs blow ass by the way.

Anyway it's a ride and a half, an insane doppelganger of Gundam.
>>
File: 1397138857347.jpg (160 KB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
1397138857347.jpg
160 KB, 800x450
>>14275913
>>
>>14275903
I dropped it instantly but hey, if you're into crazy, senseless antics while robots fight in the background you might enjoy it.
>>
The first cour was full absurd bullshit and it was pretty great.

The second got much more serious, and I'm not especially fond of a lot of things that happen in it, but you might still get some enjoyment out of it.
>>
>>14275903
I enjoyed the first season because each episode managed to top the previous episodes level of insane bullshit. Second season really let me down in that regards and I dropped it around episode 18. Heard the ending was about as satisfying as a kick to the balls.
>>
File: LISELOOOOOOOOOOOOOTTE.png (501 KB, 981x1500) Image search: [Google]
LISELOOOOOOOOOOOOOTTE.png
501 KB, 981x1500
>>14276147
You missed out Haruto and L-Elf bitching at each other on the moon though.

That was a great episode.

Also OP you should look out for the manga stuff, besides also providing a healthy dose of absurd it also actually does a decent job of fleshing things out for everyone.

Mostly though, it's absurd in a way that even the first half of the show doesn't really reach, and for all the bitter coffee melodrama that s2 indulges in you're going to want that extra sugar.
>>
>>14275903
First season was bad but kind of fun to watch in it's ridiculousness. Second season was just shit. It wasn't worth it
>>
File: 1449986208355.jpg (472 KB, 1100x500) Image search: [Google]
1449986208355.jpg
472 KB, 1100x500
>>
File: I wonder.jpg (45 KB, 419x596) Image search: [Google]
I wonder.jpg
45 KB, 419x596
>>14276187
>>
>>14276157
>You missed out Haruto and L-Elf bitching at each other on the moon though.

That actually sounds amusing but how much more shit would I have to endure to get to that from episode 18?
>>
File: Valvrave.jpg (967 KB, 1278x4320) Image search: [Google]
Valvrave.jpg
967 KB, 1278x4320
>>14276202
Apparently, 4 more episodes

Though I seem to remember that episode sucked
>>
File: L-Elf's bizarre adventure.jpg (62 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
L-Elf's bizarre adventure.jpg
62 KB, 1280x720
>>14276202
Oh you're gonna be knee deep in melodrama and plot contrivances, the end of episode 19 kicks off an arc chock full of nonsense that serves to shit all over Haruto and pals nonstop.

But the moon episode is one of the stronger character drama moments of the show since it's Haruto and L-Elf finally airing their grievances properly and learning to work together like equals, or even true friends, rather than just taking advantage of one another like their relationship was up until then.

That said, it's still fucking pain and suffering melodrama all day erryday.

It's a good pain.
>>
>>14276244
>>14276214
Oh fuck it I'll just finish the damn thing so I can be done with it. Just tell me in advance is the ending as bad as people made it out to be?
>>
>>14276252
It's bittersweet.
Most people I find are bothered by how the flashforwards aren't really relevant to the narrative, or are rabid Shoko haters for reasons that will quickly become understandable over the course of those remaining episodes.

Personally I find it to be very bittersweet. The status quo was upset paving way for a potentially better future, but the cost was steep for everyone.
>>
>>14276252
The best reaction to the ending I've seen from people who watched it after the show was done has generally been the same

"What the fuck?"
>>
>>14276252
It's a pretty good final fight, but there's a lot of shit too. Still worth finishing up just to have it out of the way.
>>
>>14276264

>I STILL DON'T KNOW WHAT THE FUCK A JUSTOWN IS!
>>
File: logh is always relevant.jpg (180 KB, 672x1858) Image search: [Google]
logh is always relevant.jpg
180 KB, 672x1858
>>
>>14275903
I gave it a 1/10, did not like
>>
>>14275903
I liked it 9.5/10
>>
Reminder that Valvrave is real robot.

http://phys.org/news/2010-11-maxwell-demon-energy.html
>>
>>14275903
>>14275942
>Can't seem to find a decent torrent
Seriously, how come people keep saying this bullshit about damn nearly every anime? Do you faggots only use nyaa? Every once in a while some newfaggot comes here saying this exact shit, do you jackasses download HS batchs and think that is good enough?
>>
>>14278426
Even if you search it on Nyaa, the first, most recent result is FFF's BD batch.
>>
>>14275903
It's a show that's nowhere as bad as most people Valvrager? make it out to be. Sure, at times it's pretty fucking stupid and doesn't know what it wants to do, but overall I found it kind of an interesting take on some staples on the mecha genre. Haruto especially. Having read copious amounts of posts describing how terrible of an MC he is I saw Haruto in a much more positive light because I automatically started looking for positive things in him from the beginning.
>>
>>14278644
>doesn't know what it wants to do

Eh, not entirely the case. The show is very consistent on its theme of truth, if anything people refused to acknowledge any sense of coherence as it'd go against the "but it's supposed to be a trainwreck" agenda.

But that may also be due to an underlying misunderstanding of the fundamental nature of gothic fiction as a means of commentary and critique of social structures via absurd nonsensical bullshit.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.