[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Wait, was the end goal of the ceremony for Loran to fuck Sochie?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 141
Thread images: 15
Wait, was the end goal of the ceremony for Loran to fuck Sochie?
>>
Yes and Turn A is C3PO levels of cockblocking.
>>
Ive been to weirder barmitzvahs
>>
>>14274240
More like Sochie wanted herself some of dat Loran.
>>
>>14274240
Yes. What else would the leeches imply? Loran is supposed to put leeches on Sochi thereby taking her "first blood"
>>
>>14274287
But the leeches are there for you to make the marks from the Turn A's pilot-suit connection points.

>>14274240
Maybe? There might just be more dancing and revelry (without fucking) after the leech part is finished.
>>
>>14274304

how many pagan festivals end without an orgy

seriously, man
>>
I barely remember anything from the episode, I was too distracted by the thought of Kihel's ceremony.
>>
>>14274318

man Id sure like to leech Kihel
>>
Turn A ended pretty badly for Sochie all round. First love interest got nukedand the loran went and became Dianna's servent for the rest of her life, leaving sochie to become a spinster.
>>
>>14274333
Cant she wait 2 months?
>>
>>14274335

Diana's not dying quit pulling things out of your ass to make you feel good for losing
>>
>>14274333
Don't forget that her elder sister dumped all responsibility of taking care of their mind broken mother on Sochie after spending the entire series playing around with the Queen.
>>
>>14274344
t. mad dianafag
>>
>>14274240

I actually wondered the same thing. I mean we never actually see the completed ceremony during the show not even with Kihel.
>>
>>14274333
>leaving sochie to become a spinster.

Only if your headcanon makes it so.

Sochie's love life is left pretty open-ended in the epilogue. Personally, I like to think that she would've gotten over Loran eventually and meets a handsome young suitor and lives a normal life. That's what I like to think anyway.
>>
File: 1406534323650.jpg (30 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
1406534323650.jpg
30 KB, 300x300
>>14274240
Who the fuck cares about Sochie anyway?
She lost the Loranbowl, fuck, even in doujinshi Guin has better scores than Sochie when it comes to Loran.
>>
>>14274308
>how many pagan festivals end without an orgy
How many pagan festivals involve dancing in front of a giant robot?
>>
>>14274348

Im sorry I can't hear you over the sobs of a loser girl
>>
>>14274378
Not nearly enough.
>>
>>14274387
>"...And the heathens danced in front of their pagan idols. But the idols were not of flesh, and blood, and bone, but of cold, hard iron. And when they raised their hands, the very mountains were shattered..."
>>
>>14274304
Speaking of the turn A connector points, did the turn A inject nanomachines into loran using them?
Because when he suplexed that redhead his eyes were glowing and he beat the king of ades in a sword fight, both of which would be hard for a scrawny kid like him
>>
>>14274378

more than you'd think, less than I'd like
>>
>>14274407

What's that from?
>>
You mean Kihel was fucked by some random dude and we missed the scene?
>>
>>14274371
The queen probably dies and Loran returns to Sochie. Loran never had a relationship with the queen but there's atleast something implied with Sochie.
>>
>>14274787
We got to stare at Loran's fish.
>>
>>14274240
Yep in one big ol pagan orgy.

>tfw you just realize Kihel went through the same thing
Fucking muh dick.
>>
>>14274795
Unlikely
>>
File: 1433763147642.jpg (33 KB, 720x480) Image search: [Google]
1433763147642.jpg
33 KB, 720x480
>>14274787
>by some random dude
>Implying it was only one
>>
>>14274808
Why would it be unlikely? Moon queen is dying from unfrosting too much. Loran is watching over her until it happens.
>>
>>14274813
doujin of that when?
>>
File: [Universe intensifies].jpg (28 KB, 352x303) Image search: [Google]
[Universe intensifies].jpg
28 KB, 352x303
>>14274821
Never.

But you can fap to Gasora's set for the umpteenth time and cry for hours after remembering he's not drawing shit anymore.
>>
>>14274832
Well its fine, she needs some sweet vanilla loving too.
>>
>>14274815
That's not a fact, that's conjecture.
While she did say that she's unfrosted a lot and that that is bad for her, she doesn't seen to be dying in that scene. Just sleepy.
>>
>>14274838
I still think it's more likely. Loran is still addressing her formally too.
>>
>>14274853
He's the type who would always do that
>>
>>14274860
If that's what you want to believe. The ending is open for interpretation either way.
>>
>>14274865
It hardly matters i personally don't think he'd return to Sochie anyway.
>>
>>14274885
He probably would after the queen dies of her disease.
>>
Time is going to catch up to Diana and she'll fall apart like the Neo Zeong after time travel
>>
>>14274240
>Wait, was the end goal of the ceremony for Loran to fuck Sochie?

No ! Where did you get this idea ?
It's a coming of age ceremony, it had to do with the white doll (later revealed to be the Gundam Turn A)
>>
>>14274890
I just don't really see it, I mean Loran and sochie barely got along during the show
>>
>>14274890

Why would he? He shows no attraction to her all series, bar the kiss right at the end and is not only okay with her marrying someone else but barely even pays it attention when it's happening because he's so unconcerned with her love life. Even after the kiss he walks away without ever looking back and show no emotion or attachment to it. And Loran is a pretty emotional guy, so he's unlikely to do that if he was genuinely attracted.
>>
>>14274940
He doesn't look back because he needs to fulfill his duty towards the queen.
>>
>>14274940
>not only okay with her marrying someone
Because he's not only a servant but also an agent of the moon who betrayed her trust
>but barely even pays it attention
You ignore something that doesn't sit right with you that you don't want to mess with
>Even after the kiss he walks away without ever looking back
Again, Loran is killing his emotions for his duty
>And Loran is a pretty emotional guy
It's like you never even watched the series

Of course, you'll deny everything that doesn't fit in with your narrative about him hooking up with his queen so what's the point.
>>
>>14274951

That makes no sense. Not looking back is in no way required, nor is a lack of emotional attachment and he's aware Dianna wouldn't fault him or care if he displayed such in front of her. He displays that same attachment when he first meets her and when he finds she's Dianna and not Kihel. He even tells her about his childhood, which is hardly emotionally closed off in front of her.
>>
Whether or not he hooked up with the Queen, he sure as shit ain't hooking up with Sochie.
>>
She elders said they can do whatever they wish after the leeches are placed.

So yes, it's supposed to be implying sex as the step into manhood.
>>
>>14274954

I think I must have watched a different Turn-A than you if you think Loran isn't an emotional guy. He's not emotionally unstable like Kamille or Domon, but he's still emotional and prone to acting because of those emotions.

Hence why he ran up to Dianna at the reception for her arrival and asked if she really wanted peace, hence why he constantly shouted at enemy pilots that they were just causing problems when fighting them, hence why he got sick of lying about being Laura and told everyone he was really a Moonrace subject, hence why he helped other Moonrace people like the farmers despite being their apparent enemy and so on.

When someone is lying about their interest in someone else and trying to suppress their feelings those people show their real feelings through their actions. Loran had no such moments with Sochie. If you want a Tomino example then look at Bellri and his actions towards Aida, who he denied having an interest in, but constantly acted towards her despite it and when he found out they were related had to vent his frustrations because of it. There's no such moments for Loran, because he just didn't seem to care about Sochie in that way. He absolutely cared about her, but as a friend, and perhaps as an employer, not as a lover.
>>
>>14275917
>Sochie kisses: 1
>Dianna kisses: 0
You can continue spewing baseless conjecture
>>
>>14275925

When you can find me an example of him trying to hide his feelings for Sochie when she's getting married because he's jealous or something you might have a point. If all you want to do is greentext and continue acting like it's about Diannashipping instead of their relationship though then have fun I guess.

If you want some stuff from the show then Loran lives with Dianna and Sochie lives with her mom and ends the show crying. I'm not sure how that really helps when discussing his relationship in the show with Sochie though.
>>
I wish Sochie had kept the braids from the first episode.
>>
Reminder that half of Sochie's bitchiness comes from still being a child because Loran never completed her Coming of Age ceremony, blocking her from adulthood.

The other half is FUCK YOU MOONRACE I HAVE LEGITIMATE GRIEVANCES
>>
>>14275862
Yeah, Mr. Heim pretty much also told Loran to fuck his daughter.
>>
File: turn a loran grey and sochie.jpg (29 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
turn a loran grey and sochie.jpg
29 KB, 400x300
More importantly: Did he love Loran?

And did he ever figure out Loran was a guy?
>>
>>14276338

Guin knew the world had not progressed far enough to accept him ruling in a skirt.
>>
>>14276338
He knew. Probably right from the start.
>>
>>14275925
It's also equally baseless conjecture to assume he was truly interested in Sochie, or to assume Dianna is deathly ill in the last scene.
>>
>>14276338
He knew he was male the whole time, however Guin is portrayed as sexually ambiguous, with several small hints at being gay (although it seems to get gayer as it goes)
For example calling loran Laura, much of the cross dressing shenanigans being his suggestion, saying "I love you", and "My beloved Laura", and of course the dress line, where he inadvertently suggests little personal opposition to marriage with Loran.
>>
>>14276707
Gundam wiki says Dianna is deathly ill.
>>
>>14276749

wiki a SHIT
>>
>>14276707
In that last scene, Dianna is on the verge of being an invalid and looks like complete shit. That was also the whole point of Kihel becoming Dianna.
>>
>>14276353

Stop it.

I can't tell if you're trolling or blowing my mind.
>>
>>14276835
Watch Turn A with the official subs.
>>
>>14276905

The line's pretty much the same in the fansub. There's nothing much one can do to make it any better than it is.

Though "My queen's 'ass'?! How dare you!" isn't bad at all.
>>
>>14274333
>First love interest
Wrong. Loran is Sochie's first love interest, only the dude is pretty much gay and won't look her way. She doesn't like Gavan Gooney, but goes along with his advances because 1) she wants to make Loran jealous and 2) the war has made her a nihilist, and she's afraid of not living life to the fullest before dying.
>>
>>14276905
>>14276927
I don't get why people take this line literally and without context. It's just misogynistic banter to dismiss what Lily is saying and demonstrate that he doesn't take her seriously and has only been using her for her money and connections.
>>
>>14276977
>misogynistic banter to dismiss
I see it as the other way round. Considering the context of Lily implying he's gay, it's his way of saying he's not ready to come out of the closet. Sure, he's more after her money and connections, but it seems like he knew she's competent (more than he cared to admit, at least).
>>
>>14276977

When I last watched the show, which was admittedly years ago, Guin was still fawning over Loran while Lilly was right next to him. Lilly made a barb about him wearing a skirt if he loved Loran so much, which Guin responded to with the line currently in question.

It seemed to imply at least some level of gayness to my eyes. That and the show was playing up his lust for Loran up a lot before that line came up. It seems like a pretty easy conclusion to come to.

What I don't get is why Guin decided to grab Merrybell and doll her up like he did. Was it just him going on a whim? Did he think she'd clean up nicely? Maybe I missed something alone the way. He looked good with a beard though.
>>
>>14276749
They are also using conjecture, because the series doesn't say she does, nor that she doesn't.
I personally don't think she does. Neither one is fact, but I think it's less likely that she is (in the scenes we're given).

>>14276795
She does not look really any different than usual, what director's cut were you watching?
>>
>>14274344
This failure to understand the story needs to stop. See >>14276795
>>
>>14276795
You do know you can use a walking stick without being an utter cripple, right?
>>
>>14277170

Yea, using a walking stick in the snow while walking in the country side is not a sign if illness, just practicality. Dianna spends the entire series wanting to give up being Queen, while Kihel espouses a desire to have more social responsibility at the start so the entire point is them being perfect for and taking on each other's roles, not Kihel needing to because Dianna is dying.
>>
File: op 3.gif (179 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
op 3.gif
179 KB, 400x300
I'm pretty sure their is just one mad Dianna fag in these threads, it is always the same excuses and same denial of anything different. Even all side material including Wind of the Moon agrees she that constant in and out the freezing pod has weakened her

Also no one seems to focus on that Dianna has zero interest in Loran that way.
>>
>>14277726
>I'm pretty sure their is just one mad Dianna fag in these threads
I don't know if he's the only one, but there is definitely a chronic Dianna defender who always posts the same shit. I've seen it countless times by now. His delusion is unbreakable.
>>
>>14277726
>Dianna has zero interest in Loran that way.

I think it's even more evident that Loran has no interest in Dianna that way.
>>
File: 35202586_p0.jpg (117 KB, 800x675) Image search: [Google]
35202586_p0.jpg
117 KB, 800x675
>>14277741
whoa anon, it is almost like you can tell the difference between love and having admiration for someone
>>
>>14277726

I think it's interesting that when no-one is really bringing up or discussing Loan ending up with Dianna people keep trying to divert the conversation to that. All that's in question is Loran and Sochie's relationship, which his relationship with Dianna doesn't really affect. Why not just discuss that instead?
>>
>>14277750
Seeing as they kiss at the end people really don't have to, I mean you really don't need much more than a passionate kiss which does trump people living together who sleep ins separate beds and don't do anything romantic together

But off the top of my head we see Loran look back at Sochie and Gavan (I think in the next episode be he straight up says he's jealous over this season), we have Loran staring at her ass when they are at sea and the whole very obvious implications of the ritual. And you really don't need to argue Sochie liked Loran, it's like 50% of her character

I'm sure the diannafag has counters for all of these where Loran was really thinking about washing machines or something
>>
I don't really think evidence of Dianna weakening and needing to be under the care of others, and her dying at an accelerating rate are really the same thing. It seems just as likely to me that Dianna is permanently crippled as a result of reckless use of cryogenics.

Ether way, I don't think Loran really had a romantic interest in Sochie, Dianna or even Guin. He cared for and empathized with them all, but Loran thought of his friends with compassion, not passion.
>>
File: 1206406924418.png (292 KB, 581x480) Image search: [Google]
1206406924418.png
292 KB, 581x480
>posters on /m/ say for years that the ending of Turn A implies that Dianna is living out her last days and that Loran will return to Sochie after his duty is done
>SRW developers in Japan expound on the ending, coming to the same conclusion
IT'S JUST A BIG COINCIDENCE FUCKING SOCHIEFAGS AARRRGH
>>
>>14277801
Exactly, the fact that all official side stuff always goes that way and none go the other way is just a coincidence and from the sochiefags infiltrating the media to ruin Tomino's original plan
>>
>>14277801
According to official games and the like, Turn A is also supposed to be the end-all when it comes to Gundam technology (See G-gen) but Tomino himself recently put a damper on that idea.
Regardless of your point of view, I don't think video games are where you want to go for supporting evidence.
>>
>>14277820
>Turn A is also supposed to be the end-all when it comes to Gundam technology
I don't think that was said, Turn A as a series was meant to be an end point where the same cycle of war stops repeating. Thus Greco was meant to be a fresh start
>>
File: NandersBrand.jpg (57 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
NandersBrand.jpg
57 KB, 500x375
Taking a break from all the Sochie Dianna talk; I really want to see a picture of this guy charging at a windmill, Don Quixote style. The joke just writes itself.
>>
>>14277811

Do we even have any other official stuff besides Wind of the Moon, which is a prequel and doesn't touch such stuff because if it?

>>14277830

G-Reco wasn't a new conflict though. It was a repeat of the same Earthnoid vs Spacenoid conflict for control of the Earthsphere Tomino always does with Gundam, with people falling in to Gundams and all.

It even reuses the same idea of Ameria using the conflict as a springboard for its own shit that Turn-A did.
>>
>>14277838
Tomino said it was meant to be, I didn't say that part was executed well
>>
>>14276964
Sochie showed no romantic interest in Loran until the end of the show. It's understandable if he showed no romantic affection toward her.
>>
File: 1432535541509.gif (671 KB, 500x450) Image search: [Google]
1432535541509.gif
671 KB, 500x450
>>14277886
>Sochie showed no romantic interest in Loran until the end of the show
>>
>>14274308
More than you'd think. The Elusinian mysteries, the super super secret earth cult ceremonies that the people involved weren't supposed to talk about, probably culminated with just a priestess silently shucking ears of corn.
>>
>>14277886
She's obviously interested in him the entire show, she's just being really passive-aggressive about it.
>>
File: drunk-uncle.jpg (170 KB, 650x400) Image search: [Google]
drunk-uncle.jpg
170 KB, 650x400
>>14277938
>obviously

I don't think you know what that word means.
>>
>>14277970

I don't think you do, because he's not wrong.
>>
>>14277970

I always thought Sochie held a pretty strong crish on Loran through much of the series. Even when she's mad about him being moonrace, she shows signs of affection for him.

She's a tsundere without any of the annoying stock phrases. Baka.
>>
>>14277993

Yea, she obviously likes hulim from episode one when the servants rescue him from the river because she's curious about the outsider and all, but she has no way to relate to him beyond their master/servant relationship by the timeskip because that's what she's known all her life really. She eventually learns a different way, but it takes half the show and Gavane's death really.
>>
>>14277886
>>14277970
You must be quite the ladies' man. I bet you're really good at detecting subtext, also.
>>
>>14277970
The one time a tsundere character is done properly and you missed it.
>>
>>14277970
t. xpearse
>>
>>14276905
Wait! Are we ABSOLUTELY sure "Sir" Guin isn't secretly a woman?
>>
>>14279256

Yes. He's just gay, not a woman.
>>
>>14277972
>>14277993
>>14278079
>>14278084

What are some examples that Sochie expresses towards Loran that she's into him in that way?
>>
>>14279343

For a start, OP's picture. She chooses him to be her mate at the coming of age ceremony and does so without ever considering anyone else, despite the fact Loran was the only one not vying for her attention by doing different things (like howling like a dog) because he was too busy marveling at all the stuff happening around him.
>>
>>14279355
Loran is the only guy she knows. Would you want some weirdo who grunts like a gorilla or gets on his hands and knees to howl like a dog putting leeches on your back?

People tend to stay closer to people that are already familiar to them. For that reason alone it's pretty understandable why she picked Loran to be honest.
>>
>>14279262
Proofs?
>>
>>14277820
>According to official games and the like, Turn A is also supposed to be the end-all when it comes to Gundam technology

technically it is, i dont care what tomino said about g-self but even hundres of years later they have a gundam that can use moonlight butterfly and thats basically it, it doesn't use nanomachines or any of the other abilities full power turn a had
>>
>>14279398

Hence why I said it was only a start. She very obviously only courts Gavane, at least initially to make Loran jealous, she positions herself on the Gallop to be close to him as soon as he is given command of it and she continually finds reasons throughout the show to keep going back to him and be near him even when she apparently hates him for being a Moonrace.

>>14279750

Well he says he feels more comfortable calling Loran Laura, he makes at least one plea to Loran to return to his side, he threatens Gym when Gym shoots at Loran during those negotiations and he generally tries to keep Loran by his side acts more affectionate with him than anyone in the show, Lily included. Put that together with the fact it's never even hinted he's a woman and yea, I'd say that's a pretty compelling case that he's gay. Unless you want to consider Lily's final dress insult a hint he's a she, which is kind of silly.
>>
>>14279852
>She very obviously only courts Gavane, at least initially to make Loran jealous, she positions herself on the Gallop to be close to him as soon as he is given command of it

This is only conjecture with no confirmation for her motives.

>she continually finds reasons throughout the show to keep going back to him and be near him even when she apparently hates him for being a Moonrace.

It's actually more tied to the fact that Loran & Co are often tasked with important operations for the militia. Also, she still sees Loran as subservient to Hiem family which Loran confirms as he still address the sisters his "masters."
>>
>>14277793

I wouldn't call that a passionate kiss, which is why I was asking for other evidence. He doesn't show any sign he's in to it or look back as he's walking away. People have said it's because he's being stoic, but he has no real reason to since he shows emotion in front of Dianna plenty of times, so some kind of show of show that he's bottled emotion before regarding Sochie is actually kind of necessary to support that I think.

Not that I think there's any reason Sochie couldn't just come live with him and Dianna if it really was just a thing where he was leaving to take care of Dianna but in love with Sochie, since retainers and servants often have family living with them. The Heim's own servants are married even. More likely he's just ends the series single. Which is fine. And which Tomino has done on other occasions, including Bellri in G-Reco. Loran doesn't need to end up with anyone after all.

That said, having just watched the episode where Sochie asks to talk to him he refuses so he can contemplate Keith's words and when he finally asks Sochie rebuffs him and all he does is look at her askance because the entire exchange (Sochie blowing him off after asking to talk to him) is weird. He even asks in an off hand manner i.e. "Oh, didn't you want to talk about something?" when about to head off to do something else. It's never treated as a major deal to him and certainly not given any kind of focus like Bellri saying he doesn't like Aida for instance. Plus, I'm pretty sure he never says he's jealous. I mean, you can correct me on that with a timestamp if you want, but I don't think it's there at least. He does say in a previous episode summary that Sochie is getting over him in the next episode, but he doesn't say he's jealous because of it.

As for him staring at her ass, he also gets in to a hot springs with Teteth and blushes at her nudity. I wouldn't take as a sign of love, rather as a sign of him being a normal teenage boy and having a pulse.
>>
>>14280082
>I wouldn't call that a passionate kiss
In a medium made with the Japanese audience in mind? Yes, yes it is.

And I thought /a/ is the one with zero awareness of social cues.
>>
>>14280238

Okay then, good talk I guess.
>>
>>14274240
The leech is a condom.
>>
File: what.png (72 KB, 495x398) Image search: [Google]
what.png
72 KB, 495x398
>>14281074
Leeches are not condoms, dummy.
>>
>>14279888

It's not really conjecture when Loran flat out states that Sochie seems to be moving on from him by dating Gavane. The exact wording being "I seem to be losing my place in Lady Sochie's heart".

There's also things like her play flirting with him by playing keep away with his fish, tailing him twice in the initial episodes, wondering if Fran is his girlfriend, getting upset when he won't speak to her and so on.
>>
KONO TURN X SUGOI YO
>>
>>14282235
>There's also things like her play flirting with him by playing keep away with his fish, tailing him twice in the initial episodes, wondering if Fran is his girlfriend, getting upset when he won't speak to her and so on.

That's actually pretty ambiguous and speaks more to Sochie's playful juvenility. Just because someone plays keep-away or is being nosy doesn't imply that they have affections for them. You have to remember that Miashei and Loran are Sochie's only friends that are close to her age.

I can't find the quote you are talking about, though. I'm sure it makes more sense in context. Which episode was that?
>>
>>14282407
Holy shit, your denial is prodigal. You're denser than a harem lead.
>>
>>14282407
>I'm sure it makes more sense in context.
No, it won't. Time and time again, it has been shown that the contexts are meaningless to you because you apparently don't even get what the contexts are or that what you base your contexts on are too warped for people to understand. We can tell you to re-watch the entire damn series back to back and it still won't make sense to you.

Sorry, the problem is on your end. Nothing we can do can help you. Any further attempt on our part will just keep having you shouting that it's ambiguous. You probably have autism. Not the internet kind, the actual kind where you need professionals to teach you how to notice and learn how normal humans behave in a social situation. And no, this isn't projection on my part; multiple posts by different people came to the same conclusion. You're practically like what this anon said here >>14282791
>>
>>14282791
>>14284061
>spying on people and keep away games means they want the D

How socially inept are you guys?
>>
>>14284317

> naming examples means those are you only points
> cherry-picking to avoid the point

How desperate are you?
>>
>>14284061

The problem is with your theory is that you assume that Loran is supposed to understand childish behavior in a 15yo girl as lustful tendencies. Furthermore Sochie is of the tsundere archetype which means that her behavior is immature by nature which further muddies the flirtatious intentions with her stock personality. Things like being nosy, playing keep-away, and imposing on other people have never automatically meant a special interest in a potential romance in works of fiction or in real life.

The yet undisputed fact is that Sochie does not overtly express any feelings she may have had towards Loran in any definite manner in which Loran could understand.
>>
>>14284389
Avoiding what point?

So far the only examples brought up are circumstantial argument at best.
>>
>>14284401

> The yet undisputed fact is that Sochie does not overtly express any feelings she may have had towards Loran in any definite manner in which Loran could understand.

I'm pretty sure you're the only one trying to establish that, and that everyone else is just arguing that she did obviously like Loran, not that she expressed that in a way he was supposed to be aware of.

The line is from the start of episode 26 by the way.
>>
>>14284420

You mean circumstantial evidence like Loran directly confirming Sochie seems to be moving on from him just when she goes to meet Gavane after dismissing Loran?
>>
>>14284450
>>14284436
>The line is from the start of episode 26 by the way.

...Which was part of the episode recap which itself is 4th wall breaking and makes the line questionable as part of the story.
>>
>>14284631
>loran telling you his perspective on events isn't part of the story

who do you think wrote the episode previews and do you think it was the same as the person who wrote the episode?
>>
>>14284636
Because in animation, the main story and individual episodes are story boarded long before recaps/previews are.

Add to the fact that Loran as the narrator had knowledge of events that Loran the character couldn't have known or have been present for should clue you in that the narration of the recaps/previews and the one recap episode aren't part of the main story.
>>
File: bruh.jpg (324 KB, 1556x986) Image search: [Google]
bruh.jpg
324 KB, 1556x986
>>14284436
>The line is from the start of episode 26 by the way.

So your whole argument was based on what was said during the a recap?

This is what I meant by "context."
>>
>>14284671

Loran still got approved by the writer to say it.
>>
>>14284854

Doesn't really matter if it's not part of the actual story.
>>
Just give it up on this retard. Sochie liking Loran is apparent from the first episodes and her jealousy over him is a constant thing throughout the series.

This denialfag would deny the end of the world even if a sun sized comet was moments from hitting Earth.
>>
>>14285008
Sochie doesn't express any interest in Loran, though. Even the so-called "evidence" that she has is shrouded in the shadow of doubt. The proponents choose not to look at the text objectively and make up their own headcanon to fill the blanks. It's not right, but it's technically not wrong either given that, at the end of the day, it's all a work of fiction.
>>
>>14285022

> Loran says she's getting over him
> It's just your head canon that she liked him

She might not have expressed it in a way Loran understood but she very obviously had a thing for him from episode one.

Hence why the ending exists. It didn't just come out of nowhere,it's supposed to be a culmination of her character for the entire show.
>>
>>14285278
>> Loran says she's getting over him
If you're accepting what Loran said as a narrator during the episode recap then that causes huge problems with Loran as character and complicates the overall story. It's actually best not to think of recaps and previews as part of the story.

>she very obviously had a thing for him from episode one.
That's a fair stretch since there's nothing concrete to prove that she really did like him until the very end of the show.

Personally I see it as Sochie not consciously knowing that she liked Loran which would help explain the ending and why she never expressed any feelings towards him and why she attracted to Gavane.
>>
>>14285305

It doesn't really. You not liking them doesn't make them untrue either. I think Sochie was absolutely aware of her feelings, even if she wasn't sure how to treat them. She just acted the way she was raised to act, extending he existing master/servant relationship without realising why that was bad till later on.
>>
>>14285320

Like I said, every theory requires a lot of headcanon to fill in the gaps. None of them are any more right or wrong than the last. Either way the given text is absolute. Sochie doesn't overtly express her feelings and communicates them to Loran and the story doesn't show when she does which makes the kiss at the end seem disjointed from the rest of the story.
>>
I just finished this recently and I have to say that Guin has become one of my favorite characters ever.
>>
>>14274407
That's sounded great anon
>>
http://exhentai.org/g/121709/011097ef18/

Just gonna leave this here
>>
>>14288473
>Starts off as a industrialist with seemingly good and peaceful intentions
>Becomes a huge douche as the series progresses
>Calling Loran his beloved Laura
>Gets blown the fuck out when Loran finally gets tired of his shit and says his name is fucking Loran
>Abandons his ambitions and becomes a traveling hermit with a kickass beard and his own moon loli

Everybody was fucking great.

I also finished this a couple days ago. Why did the Turn A and Turn X get encased in a cocoon? Were the Turns just fucking each other up with the Moonlight Butterfly that they automatically used their nanomachines to encase/repair themselves? I'm almost halfway through G-Reco, and if I keep watching will I see the cocoon still just sitting there? Unless they released the cocoon it would still be there right?
>>
>>14274456
Jion 3:16
Thread replies: 141
Thread images: 15

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.