[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The Origin IV Preview 1
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 148
Thread images: 8
File: o7jyapvqD31qa4sc4o1.jpg (122 KB, 429x606) Image search: [Google]
o7jyapvqD31qa4sc4o1.jpg
122 KB, 429x606
Fresh from seedy chinese sources. Grab it here before Twitter, GundamGuy or anybody else claims credit:
http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/T1i83B7_eOA/

Now, if I only was able to download the stream and put it in a more respectable source...
>>
I just love the newtype flash sound
>>
File: char eyes.jpg (24 KB, 240x248) Image search: [Google]
char eyes.jpg
24 KB, 240x248
Reminder.
>>
Were there giraffes in Gundam because there are now.
>>
>Char developing his newtype abilities way before meeting Amuro

I just get more put off by how trash The Origin is with each installment.
>>
>>14271065
There was never any indication that he didn't, though?
>>
>>14271065
The Origin plays more towards Japan's obsession with Char, the OVA might as be Mobile Suit Char: Char's Adventures
>>
Why does the Earth Federation have mobile suits already? I thought they didn't mass produce until AFTER the Gundam was completed.
>>
Whar chapters and volumes of the manga has each installment covered so far?
>>
>>14271120
Basically from volume 11 onwards IIRC, it's been a while since I read it.

I'm loving the OVA but damn if Ikeda doesn't sound offputting as a 19 years old, he sounds like a grandpa.
>>
>>14271180
>Basically from volume 11 onwards IIRC, it's been a while since I read it.
Thanks for the answer, but I was wondering about the specific chapters in each OVA
>>
>>14271095

Origin is different as the EF already had Guntank and Guncannon but they were shit and got wasted by Zeonic MSs, so they had to develop the Gundam
>>
>>14271072
There was never any indication he was either. He only started getting newtype flashes towards the latter half of the series, unless you only watched the movies in which case go fuck yourself.
>>
>>14271065
>>14271298
>Char developing his newtype abilities way before meeting Amuro
>how trash The Origin is

What? You think Newtype powers are just a magical ability that just spawns at random points on a person's life? All shows have indicated that Newtype abilities are innate (ie. born with).

Some time ago, another Anon was commenting on why Newtypes are only seen/used on MS combat and not other walks of life. The Origin gives us a couple of examples of Newtype powers gradually appearing: Sayla getting sick before the Zabis try to kill them in Andalucia and Lalah helping her pimp cheat at the roulette.
>>
File: gundam_origin_manga1-1.jpg (134 KB, 640x691) Image search: [Google]
gundam_origin_manga1-1.jpg
134 KB, 640x691
>>14271095
Origin is a manga retelling of the original series by Yoshikazu Yasuhiko with some setting and character tweaks and some added background information. These OVA are an adaptation of the "Flashback" arc.

>>14271282
I'm prepping for the shitstorm when the guncannon massacre happens.
>>
>>14270386
Goddamit, I can't wait
>>
>>14271282
That's one part I don't like about Origin, it takes away the revolutionary aspect of MS.
>>
Origin is only 4 episodes right?
>>
>>14271072
It can still mess with the narrative flow of First Gundam. I was surprised when Char started showing signs of Newtype ability, and at that point he seemed like the underdog, being a total Oldtype compared to Amuro the total Newtype. If I had already known Char had Newtype ability, it wouldn't have been as interesting.

Of course, you can say that The Origin is meant to be read and watched after already knowing how everything ends, but I prefer to keep the sequence of revelations as it was whenever possible.

>>14271322
>You think Newtype powers are just a magical ability that just spawns at random points on a person's life?
Not him, but yes! Or, not random, but the abilities have to be awakened under certain situations, like life-threatening mobile suit battles that stretch the levels of the pilot's situational-awareness.

Well, then there were the three White Base kids, and stuff like Karlmann crying when someone far away dies in Victory, but I took that as something about the next generation being more sensitive than the last. I preferred to think of 0079 as the first year when concrete evidence of Newtype ability manifested, not just due to so many decades having passed in space, but due to the war forcing people to use their powers.

There's in-show evidence for that, right? I only vaguely remember it, so I could be wrong of course.
>>
Can't get this play. Has it shown up anywhere else?
>>
>>14271954
I haven't seen it on YouTube yet.
I couldn't play the vid from my smartphone.
>>
>>14271999
You can play it if you install the app
>>
>>14271651
The upcoming episode is the last of the Char/Sayla arc. Sunrise has already confirmed that they'll animate the Loum arc (Volume VII of the Vertical release). Meaning, we'll get to see all of those "setting" events that were only mentioned in passing before: the battle of Loum itself in detail, Zeon's gassing of colonies, Operation British beyond the 10-second flashback, Revil's capture and escape from Zeon, the signing of the Antarctic Treaty...

What worries me a bit is that the anime has tried to put some canon coherence to the anime, which would clash with some of the OVAs. For instance, Loum was shown in Igloo I as a very two-dimensional battle. Any portrayal that's faithful to the manga would change that significantly.

In 08th, we saw Zeon using Zaku Is to gas colonies with a blister agent that caused lots of bleeding in its victims. In The Origin, this was changed to a single colony (Island Iffish, the one that was used for British) on which a nerve agent was pumped inside the cylinder's atmosphere.
The scene looks less like the bloody slaughterhouse from 08th and more like the aftermath of Halabja: people falling down dead right where they stood.
>>
>>14272094
>What worries me a bit is that the anime has tried to put some canon coherence to the anime, which would clash with some of the OVAs.
It is only a problem for people who insist "when it is animed, it is canon". Origin manga has never hided the fact that it is an alternate UC retelling, or alt-timeline if you must, and that the OVAs have beens adding more original scenes to further the differences. But I do get your concern though, we will be in a special situation where the most graphically rich source of material for these events will become the alt-universe OVA, which can confuse less informed individuals.
>>
>>14272129
The animated = canon thing is grossly misused by the western community. The whole thing stems from a Q&A with a producer where the question was which MS designs were canon (due to the ton of MSVs and side material) and the answer was that only animated designs are official. People have warped and stretched this to meaning that animated material is the one true canon in every way and that there can somehow only be one.
>>
The federation not having mobile suits until late gets more and more retconned. Like jesus fucking christ, Zeon cannot even develop the zaku 1 before the federation already has guncannons
>>
Is this the story where Amuro gets killed ?
>>
>>14272182

At this rate, a GM Sniper II is going to be the midwife for Amuro's mom when Amuro was born.
>>
>>14272185
No
>>
>>14272202
Considering Sumisawa's the writer with Yas letting him write whatever the fuck he pleases, I wouldn't be surprised to see that coming.
>>
Watching Episode 3 right now. Thought the first two were a bit of a slog but this one ups the ante substantially. Probably because it tickles my military boner. My only real issue is the Zum City massacre. They even brought tanks to bear and fire on the protestors with fucking live ammunition. That response was absolutely asymmetrical to the situation at hand.
>>
>>14272221
>That response was absolutely asymmetrical to the situation at hand.
Amritsar massacre and Bloody Sunday of 1905.
>>
>>14272221
Also, the dub is getting much better. I thought I'd hate Kirbopher as Garma based on how much I've heard him before, but he's actually quite good. I still lament the fact that the Ocean cast isn't working on this, though.
>>
>>14270386
Cutest prostitute ever.
>>
>>14272335
>prostitute
This version is no more canon.
>>
>>14272349
Wait, what? How does it play in the manga?
>>
>>14272221
Oh those were live rounds? I assumed if there was blood to show they would've shown it
>>
>>14272352
Actually, I don't remember it myself. All I know is that she's gambling for some dude and Char frees her. But that's not the whole picture
>>
>>14272356
I too was waiting for blood to spill as I watched the scene as a confirmation that those rounds were live, but then seeing peeps lying on the ground not getting up is suggestive enough for that matter. Though I have no idea why they didn't bother to draw the blood, it's an OVA, not shown on a national TV network.
>>
>>14272403
They didn't bother to draw gore even when the feddie soldiers are shown to be killed by exposions.
Maybe because they have decided to show this OVA in cinema for a few weeks
>>
>>14272431
Nah, there was some, but it was incredibly brief and split second. Example being the soldier that was firing at one of the APCs from the window. There was some blood splatter before the shell explosion finished him off. Or so I recall, anyway.

Also, anyone have the Episode 4 preview? The site's not working for me.
>>
File: PTSD sandwich.webm (348 KB, 720x480) Image search: [Google]
PTSD sandwich.webm
348 KB, 720x480
>>14271050
>Char Aznobble

Cannot unsee.
>>
>>14272356
Well, it was a pretty large and immediate explosion that engulfed its targets, given the tanks were firing at practically point blank range.
>>
The more I watch Origin, the more I come to the conclusion that other Gundam Universes were a mistake and that Gundam should have never leaved the UC.
>>
>>14272614
***left
>>
>>14272614
The more I read your post, the more I come to the conclusion that you are a faggot.
>>
>>14272622
That's a pretty shit opinion considering you're only focusing on the OYW. Do you really want 8 or so full series jammed into UC? Where would that leave us now? Do you want Zeon to come back another 5000 times despite being completely decimated each time, yet always manage to make full production runs of entirely newly designed MS? Do you really want the same exact Gundam aesthetic over and over? Are you retarded or just pretending? Please give me your reasoning for making that statement.
>>
>>14272646
I bet you're a 00 fag
>>
>>14272650
Yeah. Only a 00 fag would dislike shitty fanfics.
>>
>>14272650
No, you're just retarded. Can you reason with me without using ad hominem?
>>
>>14272659
not him but why people like to call Origin a fanfic
>>
>>14272674

Because that's basically what it is. It's a touched-up 0079 featuring backstory and side elements that the show never featured on. It's basically Yas' fix-fic.
>>
>>14272674
What would you call it? Retelling a story is one thing but taking such liberties with the mood and the characterization to make them fit your own liking is not exactly professional.
Of course, Yas can do whatever he likes but do you think his word can be used as official reference about the meaning of a story that was written 30 years ago by another man?
>>
>>14272688
>>14272691
But the manga is so much better than the original 1979 anime
>>
>>14272694
You can like whatever you want but that still doesn't make Yas an authority on everything UC related.
>>
>>14272094
>IGLOO

Boo the fucking hoo an actual zeonwank series with shitty CGI and literally no redeeming factor except the Hildolfr gets retconned how will we survive
>>
>>14271926
You're not wrong and newtype abilities can and do manifest themselves strongly when in great danger or need, but the idea is that they're latent abilities that have more or less always been there. There's always been a slight bit of precognition or insight that gave the newtype Gundam protagonists a little bit more survivability or deadly luck in battle that most people wouldn't have, like knowing when to evade or attack at the right moment.

There's points in Zeta and ZZ where Kamille, Haman, Scirocco, and Judau simply seem to call on their powers when they want to, like the first time that Haman fights Scirocco, they are pretty much throwing "psychic attacks" at each other.

>>14272129
What about Origin MSD attempting to tie Origin with 08th MS Team? They're creating new designs like the RX-78-01[N] to try and bridge the RX-78-01 with the RX-79. They're also including Efreet and 08th MS Team's Zaku with prototype Dom legs into a tech flowchart for the Origin.

http://www.gundam-the-origin.net/msd/
>>
>>14272691
Not who you're answering to but considering he only turns Garma into a bigger brat, shows the Zabi as even worse monsters than they already were, shows Dozle as he was shown in 0079, and most of all makes Char into the sociopath he should be the characterization doesn't seem that bad to me.

>>14272646
They should have made the AU standalone anime without being forced to have newtypes expies, space>desert>earth>space arcs, Lalah copies and v-fins everywhere.
The Gundam name is more of a weight than a pro for these things, look at IBO.
>>
>>14272706
There's and Origin MSD manga of Dolan's Island starting soon in Gundam Ace.
>>
>>14272715
> Garma into a bigger brat, shows the Zabi as even worse monsters than they already were, shows Dozle as he was shown in 0079, and most of all makes Char into the sociopath he should be
Yes.Let's turn well written and reasonable characters into caricatures. What's the worst that could happen?
>>
How do you think, after the release of part IV would Lalah be loved by greater amount of fans than before?
>>
>>14272723
>well written and reasonable characters
>In the original

Gihren was happy to be compared to Hitler.
Garma was shown thinking more about his fiancee than actually running California base, also makes poor tactical decisions.
Dozle was a lovable asshole with a huge pride and sense of honor.
Kycilia is a scheming bitch who goes at such lenghts she kills her brother during A Baoa Q despite all the confusion killing the commander creates.

Origin has shown so far

>Kycilia scheming against Sasro and Char because they were perceived menaces
>Dozle being a pretty good guy except for giving the ok to Operation British(still not shown in the OVA, gets a pretty powerful page in the manga) which still fits with him being a Zabi in the chain of command
>Garma being a spoiled brat, this was a bit exaggerated I'll concede it
>Gihren was shown being ruthless and always shouting at speeches

They don't seem caricatures to me, Char got turned into Dio Brando and that somehow clashes with his 0079 persona considering how flustered he gets against Amuro but then again it's newtypes I ain't gonna explain shit.
>>
Why they changed Kycillia's voice?
>>
>>14272772
TThey weren't portrayed as exaggeratedly good or exaggeratedly evil. Just a bunch of people. Even Gihren who is by far the evilest of the group was not a cackling villain and looked more like a reasonable portrayal of your average ruthless power-hungry tyrant. He wasn't happy to be compared to Hitler because he takes pride in eating babies and shit. He was just remarking that his plans seem indeed to be similar.
>>
>>14272702
>You can like whatever you want but that still doesn't make Yas an authority on everything UC related.
And who is, then? "Hajime Yatate"?

In all these years, the UC has turned into an overtly complicated cathedral, with dozens upon dozens of works competing for canonicity.

>>14272691
>a story that was written 30 years ago by another man?
Why do people keep underrating Yas' influence in Mobile Suit Gundam? Almost since its inception, Yasuhiko was part of the core staff of the series. People such as yourself put Tomino as the alpha and omega in regards to 0079, when all anime is a collaborative effort. And, by the way...

>Retelling a story is one thing but taking such liberties with the mood and the characterization to make them fit your own liking is not exactly professional.
I could say exactly the same about the novels.
>>
>>14272825
I agree that MSG is kind of out there but especially with regards to Char there are a lot of people that actually that the Origin can be any sort of reference for his later behavior in Zeta and CCA when Yas wasn't involved in any way in their creation.
At this point it difficult to me to think of MSG as something as completely independent as I've come to reevaluate it many times with regards to the later entries and Zeta, ZZ, CCA just have so much of Tomino all over them that it's just hard not to think of him as the ultimate authority on the main continuity especially when it comes to story and even more especially when it comes to characterization.
>>
>>14272884
I'm not the first one to say so, but Char's characterization is all over the fucking place in its three appearances.

Also, The Origin only concerns itself with 0079, which is the one on which Yas had a larger role. Anything afterwards is not his to meddle with.
>>
>>14270386
I'll put it on mega if you want
>>
>>14272943
Please do so. I was able to download the lowest-quality version only.
>>
>>14272931
>Char's characterization is all over the fucking place in its three appearances
Yeah, well, that's just, like, your opinion, man.
>>
>>14271322
Its like banana when he sensed Mineva in the colony. People forget Char and Amuro didn't know how to control it, what made it tick it was rumored and hardly tested. Lahlah was probably helping Char before her death at the end. Hell it wasn't until after the one that feddies picked up zeons newtype facilities and expiraments.
>>
>>14272966
Is it? First you have a Char whose sole reason to do anything is to take vengeance on the Zabis, with no interest in politics whatsoever. Take things to CCA and he's dropping Axis on Earth as the leader of Neo Zeon.
>>
>>14272972
And still has no interest in politics whatsoever.
>>
>>14272972
By that logic, Hitler's characterization was all over the place too
>>
>>14272980
I still fail to see how the same Char of 0079 would be capable of dropping an asteroid on Earth during CCA.
>>
>>14272991
I don't know what to do to help you see.
>>
>>14272999
I don't know, provide some examples, perhaps?
>>
>>14272991
Because he wants to create a world only for newtypes. Sayla even accuses him of wanting to create such a world and it's implied he wants to destroy all of the old types (or think they will perish in the coming of the new world).

Of course he says he's not so conceited, but he seriously is that conceited and we see it time and again throughout MSG, Zeta, and CCA. This isn't even really that vague, she outright accuses Char of being a madman when they meet in the Texas colony. Zeta is him trying to reconcile some feelings regarding humanity (though Scirocco and Haman, like Sayla, accuse him of being a madman who wants to change the world). In CCA he has lost faith in humanity and returns to his dream of a newtype world.
>>
>>14272182
In the manga, the zaku I and guncannon exist simultaneously
>>
>>14272991
>I still fail to see how
Through years of disappointments,loneliness ,anxiety,guilt and depression.
>>14273022
He is just a justice fag really. If he ever wanted anything it's to impose his idea of justice on other people because if they don't get it they must be stupid or something.
But other than that he's a pretty humble guy.
>>
>>14273022
>Because he wants to create a world only for newtypes. Sayla even accuses him of wanting to create such a world and it's implied he wants to destroy all of the old types (or think they will perish in the coming of the new world).
>Of course he says he's not so conceited, but he seriously is that conceited and we see it time and again throughout MSG, Zeta, and CCA. This isn't even really that vague, she outright accuses Char of being a madman when they meet in the Texas colony.
That scene also appears in The Origin (vol. IX, "Lalah", pages 400 to 431). I don't see anything in The Origin that contradicts any further takes on the character of Char done by Tomino.

>In CCA he has lost faith in humanity and returns to his dream of a newtype world.
My personal interpretation of CCA was that Char never gave a damn about anything but winning against Amuro. His whole so-called belief in a Newtype world is a bunch of hooey. The whole thing about dropping Axis was to bait Amuro into one final mano-a-mano. That's why he leaked the psyco-frame's specs.

In all fairness, /m/ has seen dozens upon dozens of threads arguing whether the Char we saw on Zeta is consistent with the Char of CCA, to the point there's a popular theory that blames his CCA behaviour on a supposed lack of oxygen after his final battle on the Hyaku-Shiki. There will NEVER be an agreement on that, unless Tomino somehow decides to say something.
>>
>>14273067

> popular theory

Strange that I've only seen it a handful of times and always in jest (or sarcasm) and I read a lot of those threads.
>>
>>14271469
How? The Zaku is still the first one, the EF just made shitty versions after them.
>>
File: zabifamily.gif (44 KB, 480x288) Image search: [Google]
zabifamily.gif
44 KB, 480x288
>>14272715
Throughout The Origin, Degwin is portrayed as more philosophical against Gihren's more hands-on totalitarianism.

(after Sasro Zabi's assassination)
>A cornered mouse will bite the cat

(after the destruction of the agricultural ring)
>I'll say it as many times as it takes. We must not have war! Not now, nor ever!
>Not even if we can win! What truth can there be in razing to naught the history we've striven to build here?! What future?!

(to Garma, after his little rebellion)
>Politics is tedious. As for military men, they mire themselves in sin with reciprocal slaughter.

(while reviewing Zeon's newly built fleet with Gihren)
>We have come to a point that gives me little choice.
>Are you so certain that we can win?! Enough to justify hurling our people into the worst tumult in history?!

(after British, with Gihren arguing for continuing the war)
>You've killed billions... And you say that wasn't enough blood?!

(after Loum)
DEGWIN:
>Gihren, knowing when to collect is just as important as winning.
>History is full of examples of those who neglected this and who lost not only the fruits of their victory, but everything.
>A swift peace. That is what we must pursue.
>Using this victory as leverage to bring the Federation to the negotiating table is the wise thing to do, no?

GIHREN:
>Father, why are you being timid? All too timid.
>This victory will not be our last! We will many more. From now on, and dare I say 'til the end!
>We can negotiate any time we please. We merely wait for the opportunity and seize it.

DEGWIN:
>And how many others have said the same?! Napoleon! Hitler! Tojo!

(in a chat with the captured General Revil)
>We had no way what horrific hatred, and great ruin, our hope for a New Man would invite.
>General, can we not bring an end to this, you and I?

After Revil escapes (implied to have been thanks to Degwin's indirect help), he decides to go ahead with the war against Zeon, breaking their informal, implied agreement.
>>
>>14273140
>implying agreements made with puppets are worth keeping
>>
>>14272150
This insight needs to be spread far and wide.

>>14272646
Not the guy you were responding to, but my ideal would be:
>continue UC off from F91/Victory/Gaia Gear/G-Saviour
>just keep building more and more, going off into the UC 0300s, 0400s, 0500s, 1000s
>use the vast timeline to introduce enemies that don't retread Zeon
>and new aesthetics that don't retread Early UC
>but it's still all one fairly consistent timeline
>show a consistent increase in technology, and vast changes in society like 90% of humans being Newtypes, new Newtypes who make old Newtypes look like Oldtypes, artificial intelligences and cyborgs, life-extension, interstellar travel, even extraterrestrial life past the UC 2000s or 3000s

It would offer both variety and tonal consistency. The funny thing is that, even though AUs are supposed to allow for more freedom and variety, they still retread the same subject matter as the UC, just in (usually) shallower ways.
>>
Finally got to see the preview. Ms-04 looks glorious!!! I see they kept the claw hands on the Guncannon photos but oh well, I'll be happy to get some models of it. Looks like a great episode!!!
>>
sorry for being late

https://mega.nz/#!AQhihaqQ
>>
>>14273349
D-decryption key...
>>
>>14270386

This garbage is nothing but Zeon wankery
>>
>>14273429

your free to watch Fujoshi gay shit like Wing

just go ahead and prance around to Rhythm Emotion in a a pair of jorts
>>
File: reimu_shocked.jpg (6 KB, 115x143) Image search: [Google]
reimu_shocked.jpg
6 KB, 115x143
>>14272239
>Kirbopher as Garma

FUCKING WHAT?! You're shitting me?!

Damn. I followed the Fireball20xl crew WAY back in my early internet days. Good for him. It's nice to know some of that crew found success.
>>
>>14273530
Oh, he's still been plenty active. Remade TTA as TOME(which is actually quite good); has been pursuing more prominent voice acting opportunities as well, getting as far as a few voicing in a few video games and anime with Funimation. Resides in California now, chasing his dream to become a renowned animator, even if his growth as an artist has been permanently stunted.
>>
>>14272985
Wtf happened between WWI and WWII that made him want to drop Poland on the jews? I don't understand, I thought he was kind of a decent guy during that time but he switched sides. The Lord did a terrible job writing him in WWII, we have no idea why he suddenly changed and then he spouts crazy lines about his missing testicle to Stalin and it just confuses everything even more. More like World War Character Assassination, right?
>>
>>14272239
links to dub pl0x
>>
>>14273676
I dunno

Something about his kampfs in art school
>>
>>14273698
Sorry anon, I rented from Daisuki and have no knowledge on ripping
>>
>>14273349
https://mega.nz/#!AQhihaqQ
>You can't import or download an encrypted file as the decryption key is missing.

Goddamnit, is this the first time you use Mega?
>>
>>14273514
>watches Yas's fudanshi dream
>complains about fujoshi gay shit
This OVA is every bit as dumb and edgy as Wing was.
>>
>>14273262
When people refer to UC they generally mean early UC up until CCA (and then recently the addition of Unicorn). The problem is that the late UC series all disjoint themselves from the OYW lore too much that you may as well consider them AU. Victory for instance, being a good story or not, is a self-cointained conflict that does not need to be built on OYW except the few references to UC tech and newtype magic. I don't know exactly how, but it seems to me if late UC timeline was handled with more attention to detail, namely the aftermaths of the Zeon related wars or the state of spacenoid independences etc, it would have been a much better setting to explore.
>>
>>14273354
>>14273822
The fuck I said not to include keys fucking mega.

Here
https://mega.nz/#!AQhihaqQ!ueEd0rI17HcHBMHK9Y7SMZVo533dPrb9GIsInKBYePM
>>
>>14272737
More hentai of her
>>
>>14270386
>More hentai of her
This would be great.
Maybe there would be less white-haired brown girls.
>>
>>14273262
Late UC already had absurd power levels. You'd have to reset at some point and that would look like a cop-out. Besides, AUs give us an entire new world to explore with new history.
>>
>>14274511
Not including the key literally gives you a link WITHOUT the key. We NEED the key in order to download it.

Thank you for the upload.
>>
>>14274946

Yeah, and look how many are given that honor.

00, SEED and maybe Wing are the only AUs to properly branch out at all.
>>
>>14275235
Better than infinite retcons, revisions, jamming in prequels, and reliance on old shit.
>>
>>14273429
>This garbage is nothing but Zeon wankery
How? Throughout the entire OVA you have Zeon portrayed as even more murderous and dictatorial than in 0079.

Just because it is focused on Zeon doesn't mean it is "Zeonwank", dingus.
>>
>could have gotten a decently animated telling of 0079.
>instead we get some fucking charwank with very few mobile suits
Fuck me.
>>
>>14274474
Perhaps it's irrational, but it makes a difference to me whether or not something takes place in the UC timeline, even if the story is "disjointed" from the OYW; as most stories should be if they're far enough in the OYW's future. (Although comparisons can be made, the War in Afghanistan doesn't really need to be built on WWII or Napoleonic Wars lore.)

Actually, although it was weird at first, I like how F91 and Victory hardly reference anything pre-0100. It made it feel less fiction-y.

>but it seems to me if late UC timeline was handled with more attention to detail, namely [...] the state of spacenoid independences
That's what I would want. If F91 had become a series, I think it would've been interesting to see how Cosmo Babylonia is different from Zeon. Not just "another Spacenoid independence movement", which we can get in various AUs. But a whole new ideology, which focuses on aristocracy in a way that Zeon didn't. (Zeon had powerful rich families like the Zabis and Rals, but they didn't make it a part of their philosophy like Cosmo Babylonia did.)

And in Victory, the world wasn't one powerful rebel space faction warring with a powerful Earth Federation, it was one of many independent space factions warring with an impotent, decaying Earth Federation. A "Warring Space States" era. Unfortunately, Victory didn't take full advantage of that fact. The only other independent space faction we saw was that Macedonia colony, and Zanscare was similar to Zeon in its power level. The only real difference was that the EFF was replaced with the LM, which was almost cosmetic. Zeta had more complicated geopolitics than Victory.

So, that's what I'd want, each new season exploring a new evolution in Earth Sphere geopolitics (or astropolitics). And then what happens when other planets become more populated, or when other stars are colonized.

And have the balls to explore what a society of Newtypes would look like. Don't tell me it's better to leave it a mystery.
>>
>>14275235
Wing has G-Unit and Frozen Teardrop. G has 7th fight and some other one-offs. X has Under the Moonlight. SEED has the Astrays, 00 has P and I and F and so on. AGE had that... other AGE where it was T instead of A. IBO has a manga starting too.

And of course Turn-A had G-Reco.
>>
File: KuririnAboutToBeKilled.Ep.095.png (334 KB, 576x432) Image search: [Google]
KuririnAboutToBeKilled.Ep.095.png
334 KB, 576x432
>>14273676
>drop Poland on the jews
keked at his
kill me
>>
>>14276384
>with very few mobile suits
>literally making up half a dozen mobile suits every episode to once again overfill UC and OYW with bullshit retcon designs
>few
>>
>>14270386
I'm pretty newfag at this but if this is the battle of loum what was the battle that took place in episode 1 with Char already in his classic uniform sans helmet piloting a zaku 2?
>>
>>14272203
Which one is that then? I'd swear that was what Origin was.
>>
>>14281084
That is the battle of Loum.
>>
>>14272691
If it's by Ark Performance yes, not Yas though. Ark Performance is the Chen Mou of Gundam.
>>
>>14281103
You're thinking of the MSG novels.
>>
>>14277742
With FC, AC, AW, CC, and AG, there were just one or a handful of forgotten installments, while CE and AD both had a whole suite of fleshed-out manga and LN side stories.
>>
>>14281104
So he's in a suit in this new trailer, is episode 4 not covering the battle of loum then?
>>
>>14273262
>90% of humans being Newtypes

When Victory established that Newtypes are now so rare that they're mythical?
>>
>>14270386
So when's it coming out?
>>
>>14281147
They say it will. I'm thinking the promo image is just going to be him on an early test flight.

Char is known for not wearing normal suits into battle because he has the cocksure belief that he won't need one as he will always return alive. Him wearing one in the image could be from before he started disregarding normal suits. Lalah was the one who was able to persuade him to start wearing a normal suit again near the end of MSG.

Also, that promo image for Origin IV shows a Zaku I rather than a Zaku II. Char already had a Zaku II for the Battle of Loum.
>>
>>14281210
Yeah I'm just a bit unsure, no idea what the trailer is showing what with him in a suit and battling in the Zaku I.
>>
>>14281186

>>
>>14281218
Well apparently they're gonna fight some Guncannons, and the Guncannons are gonna get wrecked because they're slow and clunky compared to the lighter Zaku I or something.
>>
>>14281218
He's part of a 4 man team sent out to intercept and kill professor minovsky before the EF can pick him up when he tries to defect. The EFF send a dozen of the newly built guncannon to intercept the zaku. All of the guncannon get destroyed by the 4 without managing to damage a single one. It's what makes the EF take the upcoming war seriously and give Tem the go ahead and funding to build the gundam.
>>
>>14281247
So Char was ultimately responsible for his own butt hurt and therefore demise. Pottery.
>>
>>14281232
The zaku I has a more powerful reactor and is much more mobile (as well as having more experianced pilots in that encounter as 3 of them were the test pilots during development) than the guncannon in Origin. This is due to Zeon having professor minovsky as well as spending a ton of time and money on developing the zaku. Whereas the guncannon was just something AE crapped out on a budget with a misunderstood combat purpose for ms (Tem describes it as infantry support or something iirc)
>>
>>14271329
>Spoiler

It will be beautiful.
>>
>>14281249
>split between attempting to kill the zabi family and fighting amuro
>leads to his own failure of a half-assed revenge on the zabis (killed 2/5 of his targets)

>pissed off axis zeon and haman
>leads to haman attempting to kill him and causes the AEUG to have to fight both the titans and neo zeon

>gave psycoframe to anaheim and the feds
>responsible for losing in the final duel between him and amuro

you see a pattern yet?
>>
>>14281261
He's a masochist scrub that likes to fancy himself as a hardcore mode player?
>>
>>14281284
You could say that for anyone who has at least a smidgeon of ambition.
Pretty much anybody who actually tried to do something ended up screwing themselves over.
Life has its way of bringing you down.
Guess you better keep quiet and pilot your Gundam.
>>
>>14281295
What about all those successful people who lived happily ever after? I mean maybe their kids fuck up or something but that isn't their problem so long as it doesn't happen when they are alive.
>>
>>14271282
what did Hayato and Kai pilot?
>>
>>14281813
Same as in the movies, a guncannon and guntank at the start, then two guncannons at the end. Sayla gets a custom gm at the end as well.

Kai actually gets his guncannon pretty much totalled so they grabe a damaged zaku II and stick the guncannons head on it.
>>
>>14281334
A lot of people in the real world just strive to prove a point, they are willing to go into heights that most pthers would deem irrational, but they do it just because they can afford to. Some times these people change the world, but most others just flat out fuck up themselves, or people close to them.
>>
Quick n dirty Origin 4 designs
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 4032x3024) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 4032x3024
Oops. Here.

I'm surprised that preview hasn't been everywhere yet.
>>
>>14286198
>zeonshit
>>
>>14281819
>Kai actually gets his guncannon pretty much totalled so they grabe a damaged zaku II and stick the guncannons head on it.

I wonder if that was a subtle ZZ reference?

Anyways, don't they both get improved versions of the Guncannon with proper hands later on?
>>
>>14271469
It doesn't, because old Federal MS really arent. Even in the main timeline they still had test examples as early as 0072-75 in the Guntanks and the Guncannon's predecessor. They're not new. Just new to mass production, and to fusion reactors. In the main timeline the first Zeon test type that was built to try the idea of a MS had a non-nuclear generator.
>>
>>14271065
I like origin
>>
Just watched III

Beautiful colors and designs (those long necks, though...), good animation, very fluid, awesome story. BUT THE EXPRESSIONS, WTF?
Dozzle looks like out of a Shakespeare play, and wtf was Kycilia's face floating in the screen while Char was dying?

Man, this things makes so bad about my favorite anime. If only Tomino directed... You can say what you wnat about G-Reco pacing and storyline, but THE MAN KNOWS HOW TO DIRECT HIS SHIT.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Io0TaNtpqjQ
>>
>>14287370

dumb opinions , you ever cinema kid ?
>>
>>14281829
That wasn't what I meant. I mean I don't think Bill Gates is the kind of guy you're talking about, but you can't tell me he lacked ambition, same with the guys who made Google. Even Valve with Steam is a good case of this.

There's nothing irrational about their actions, it was cold and calculated, and they changed the world and have lived the high life ever since.
>>
>>14271073
Char's Advent-Chars, ya mean!
Thread replies: 148
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.