[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>That cinematography >That animation >That music >That
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3
File: maxresdefault.jpg (100 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
100 KB, 1280x720
>That cinematography
>That animation
>That music
>That art
>All soiled by an attempt to shove DRAMA into a 1 hour long miniseries

god damnit
>>
>>14270277
Everything about it was 80s as all fuck and I loved every minute of it.
>>
>>14270277
What drama are you talking about
>>
>>14270592
The romance.
>>
>>14270579
I suppose eighties is the go-to for "thing i like that doesn't have elements i don't like" these days.
>>
>>14270608
You couldn't handle two minutes with the captain to give her and Io the bare minimum of character without whining that it's drama that completely ruins the experience for you? It's not 08th MS Team, dude.

goddamn all this ROMANCE in my GRITTY WAR DRAMA
>>
Blatant fishing for (you)s. For a Japanese product the drama is top tier. Violence, psychosis, drug abuse, bravery, cowardice and horror, the horror of war. Pretty top tier R rated movie IMHO. Could care less about the Zeon fanwank, I just want giant robot battles without whiny protags.
>>
>>14270613
Also the kid MS pilots.
>>
>>14270608
I can't even remember the romance.
>>
File: 1462438306644.png (376 KB, 404x435) Image search: [Google]
1462438306644.png
376 KB, 404x435
>>14270277
>boo hoo they put story in my toy advertisement
>>
>>14270277
>attempt to shove DRAMA
Gundam has always been about drama with a mecha sugar coat. Most of the higher regarded series in the franchise put dramatic priority over all else, ala 0079, 0080, Zeta, etc
>>
>>14270608
Are you fucking serious?
>>
>>14270618
God DAMM WHY ARE CHILD Soldiers a THING in my GUNDAM?!?!?!?!? THERE CAN'T Be AN IN-UNIVERSE REASON FOR IT BASED IN REAL-LlFE CAN THERE?!!!!!?!?!?!
>>
No place for drama in my bikini squad daily life anime.
>>
>>14270618
They got BTFO so what the fuck is your problem?
>>
>>14270608
>The romance.

What romance ?
>>
>>14270639
>>14270657
There's a difference between drama and garbage drama, you shit eating apes.
>>
>>14270991
There's a difference between acting normal and acting fucking autistic.
You clearly don't know what it is.
>>
>>14270277
>implying every aspect of this miniseries wasn't head-and-shoulders better than the standard we've grown accustomed to with Gundam
>>
>>14270608
>>14270618
That's not what I was talking about you fucking shitposter, I was talking about that one faggot who brought up his dead wife and child at the very last minute before he an hero'd and all the WAR IS BAD shittery that went on near the end. Like, I get that you want to push that war isn't good, but I think the child soldiers did a good job of that already.

I go to sleep for 8 hours and already somebody hijacks my thread, incredible.

>>14270639
I just felt like most of it was overdone. I did like the MC though.
>>
>>14271232
>I was talking about that one faggot who brought up his dead wife and child at the very last minute before he an hero'd

You're right anon, that guy should have zero reason or motivation for doing what he did, he's just some nut.
>>
>>14271232
>and all the WAR IS BAD shittery that went on near the end
is this the first japanese cartoon you've ever seen?
like, i don't know why you're watching a cartoon from a country whose main modern mindset is "war is bad and should be avoided, lest we repeat the horrors of WW2"
Do you generally find it difficult to understand, empathize, or tolerate with world views that are not your own? Because that's called autism
>>
There was too much focus on story I think.

I mean why would watch this if it wasn't to see Io killing cripples?
>>
>>14271232
>I was talking about that one faggot who brought up his dead wife and child at the very last minute before he an hero'd and all the WAR IS BAD shittery that went on near the end.
Holy shit, this is even more unreasonable complaint than hating on the romance
>>
>>14270608
>>14270618
>>14271232
That's not what I was talking about you actual fucking shitposter. I was talking about that zeek cripple fag who wins the girl and beat the superior feddie gundam at the very last minute and all the ZEEKSHIT STANDS A CHANCE AGAINST THE FEDERATION shittery that went on near the end. Like, I get that you want to push that theyre a worthy opponent, but in real life this would never be the case.

I go to sleep for 11 hours and already somebody hijacks my thread and some colossal faggot starts false flagging as me, incredible.
>>
>>14270610
Shut the fuck up cuck
>>
>>14270277
there is a music that plays in episode 4 when both the pilots exit their damage MS and Io sees that Daryl has no arms or legs

that music that plays FUCK I want it so bad
>>
I just wish that it was able to continue rather than shill for the unfinished mango.
>>
You know what I hate? They said they'd play Giant Steps in the first chapter but instead it was some of the worst freestyle Jazz I've ever heard.
>>
>>14275374
Im not very educated in music and shit but I dont know what everybody was creaming themselves over the jazz music when it sounded like a goddamn mess.
>>
>>14271726
>In real life no force has ever won a minor engagement in the last days of a war their side was already doomed to lose.

What's it like to be this uneducated?
>>
>>14276253
For context, this is giant steps: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2kotK9FNEYU
It also sounds wild, but if you listen closely you realize it isn't random. The jazz they played in the Thunderbolt anime also wasn't random, but it DID suck, all the same.
>>
>>14277039
I don't know shit about music either, and I can't tell much difference between this and Thunderbolt. I mean I know there are differences, but if you told me to spot them out I wouldn't be able to do so at all. It's just that similar to me.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.