[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
i dont like gundam because the mechs look impractical. i honestly
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 6
File: CWYPbGCUAAAd1XA.jpg (49 KB, 599x272) Image search: [Google]
CWYPbGCUAAAd1XA.jpg
49 KB, 599x272
i dont like gundam because the mechs look impractical. i honestly think mwo has some of the coolest mechs .
lets have a general discussion about what universes mech is our favorite and why,
>>
File: 1418506275163.jpg (50 KB, 700x504) Image search: [Google]
1418506275163.jpg
50 KB, 700x504
>Caring about realism in a genre that's inherently utterly ridiculous.
>>
>>14269093
well yeah, i like believable bullshit.some people like ridiculous bullshit, idk what the big deal is
>>
File: lb_erutemisu.jpg (229 KB, 701x400) Image search: [Google]
lb_erutemisu.jpg
229 KB, 701x400
>>14269082
I think this is my favourite design. It has simple shapes instead of being an aglomeration of boxes like OP's pic, it has cool looking head and feet, a sensible size and it's yellow. Yellow is a great colour.
Is it even possible to buy the plamo at a sensible price?
>>
>>14269105
How are mechs without hips believable?
Do you even biomechanics?
>>
File: king_crab_by_odanan-d87lx37.png (599 KB, 668x820) Image search: [Google]
king_crab_by_odanan-d87lx37.png
599 KB, 668x820
>>14269107
op here
i can dig it, good taste.
this is my favorite mech, i love the king crab, would pilot in real life
>>
>>14269082
>i dont like gundam because the mechs look impractical.
You are such a titanic faggot for saying that while thinking that humpty-dumpty piece of shit is in any way more practical.
>>
>>14269123
guns don't have armored joints.
they never shoot each others joints.
why?
they all have parts that are way to long.
they have pizza feet.
i can pick apart the things you like too.
>>
>>14269132
Before we go any further, I have a question: Are you underage, or is English not your first language?
>>
>>14269132
>they have pizza feet.
What did he mean by this?
>>
>>14269093
>he doesn't enjoy it when a series tries to ground itself to garner more investment from the viewer.

Its like you don't want to live out your fantasy...by watching a realistic version of it.
>>
>>14269082
Looks like one of the Destroids from Macross.
>>
>14269082
>14269423
>he enjoys it when anything tries to make itself more "serious" because one can't acknowledge what they like is wholly crazy anyway
>he can't just have fun and do as he likes without it being 100% super srs business
>he believes his tastes < others' enjoyment
>this is to be taken seriously on a robot themed subset of a Malaysian cave painting board
This shit doesn't even deserve a (you), but here I am replying so you must've gotten me good.

I also like how this thread is like, what the fourth thread of this kind within the past week?In the past month as a whole it's been Getter, and now this. What else has there been in this past week?

What a load of tripe.

>>14269440
BT was born from other series, no surprise.
>>
File: 1462516132441.jpg (201 KB, 1100x606) Image search: [Google]
1462516132441.jpg
201 KB, 1100x606
>>14269116
Top taste
>>
I like biomechanical mechs, ones that are either alive and sentient or are at least grown.
>>
>>14269452

I find these threads dumb too, and agree there's been too many lately. People saying some mecha are 'realistic' compared to other is silly, when it's all fantasy bullshit.

THAT SAID, I do still like the style of mech that the OP describes. Not 'realistic', but carrying itself in a way that seems more 'authentic', basing looks off of real-world military equipment and technology. I think it's possible to appreciate and prefer that look to more fantasy styles while acknowledging that the concept is unrealistic.
>>
>>14272670
>when its all fantasy bullshit

Fliying slab of metal is also fantasy bullshit in the past anon, so can't really comment about that do we?

>>14269082

You're not watch alota gundam i see..
But that design is ok
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.