[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is any Mazinger series past the original (Z & Great) worth
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 5
File: kyaa.jpg (93 KB, 426x401) Image search: [Google]
kyaa.jpg
93 KB, 426x401
Is any Mazinger series past the original (Z & Great) worth my time? Are they any good?
>>
No.
>>
The Mazinkaiser OVA was pretty cool to watch.

ZERO is some crazy shit.
>>
File: 1440460711160.jpg (205 KB, 1004x1417) Image search: [Google]
1440460711160.jpg
205 KB, 1004x1417
Mazinkaiser is one of the best mecha OVAs in my opinion. Great animation and good ol' Mazinger fun.
>>
Mazinkaiser is fun, Grendizer was a good manga but not a great anime by comparison.
>>
Shin Mazinger is my favorite anime, though it's Imagawa, so don't go expecting a 1:1 adaptation. That's what the Mazinkaiser OVA is for.
>>
>>14268905
Age of Fatso
>>
>>14268905

Those aren't even worth you or anybody elses time, so no. Also, fuck off xpearse.
>>
>>14268905

Z and Great are not good in the first place. Watch Shin. Shin is the only thing worth your time in this franchise.
>>
>>14268905
Mazinsaga is supposedly the best entry in the franchise.
>>
As others have said, Mazinkaiser is awesome. SKL is good too, although pretty short and simple.
>>
>>14269830

Just because it's not translated. That's one of DP fans favorite scapegoats. You can't tell because you can't read.
>>
File: mazingerpoint.png (176 KB, 333x276) Image search: [Google]
mazingerpoint.png
176 KB, 333x276
Personally, I vastly enjoyed SKL. It's a three-parter, so it's really short, but it's good fun while it lasts. Popcorn-fuel trip of insanity and metal. Otherwise, ZERO takes the win for me to suggest. It's real screwy with the Mazinger series as a whole, multiple timelines and what-not, but still definitely good in my opinion at least.
>>
>>14269823
fuck off xpearse
>>
>>14268905
I like them. How should I, or anyone, know whether you will like them?
>>
Shitty troll thread
>>
>>14270059
The hard truth. Everyone simply thinks it's great even though they haven't read it.

>>14270221
Not me, Ishikawa. Stop jumping to conclusion, you paranoid fuck.
>>
>>14270844
Fuck off, xpearse.
>>
>>14269823
Shin is good as a bonus to Toeizinger.

inb4 >Toeizinger >fuck off spic
>>
I heard Shin Mazinger has some ties with Cutey Honey, which is the only Nagai franchise I have been properly following so far (also watched 2004 Getter series and RGZ).

Is there more to it than some terminology, i.e. CH characters?
>>
>>14270975
Pretty sure there's a few Violence Jack characters too.
>>
>>14270975
I know Honey herself shows up in ZERO for a panel or two, but other than that, I don't remember it having anything to do with the TV series.

On the other hand, the TV series does appear to have many Violence Jack characters, and there's a statue of Devilman too at one point. Also, one of the mechanical beasts Kouji fights is Groizer X
>>
>>14268905
Mazinkaiser and Shin

SKL if you're feeling for some short, almost completely unrelated, metal as fuck mecha action.
>>
File: ill0086.jpg (66 KB, 600x828) Image search: [Google]
ill0086.jpg
66 KB, 600x828
>>14270975
You might want to try Mazinger Angels, then.

And Mazinger Otome, if you liked RGZ.
>>
>>14270221
That's the Spic, actually. If it was xpearse, he'd likely have an image with a very shitty filename and spouting nonsense.
>>
>>14268905
theres lots of great stuff
>Great is best toei series
>Ota manga is better then original nagai manga
>Mazinsaga is some great shit
>The one with the gods has great designs, but i only own one book so i cant really confirm quality throughout.
>>
>>14271962
>Ota manga is better then original nagai manga
Given that, I still wonder why Happy and HnG started with his version of Grendizer first. Wouldn't it make more sense to do it chronologically?
>>
>>14270059
What do I need a scapegoat for when the originals are good too?
>>
If you really liked the originals, you may not like Shin, but you'll probably enjoy Kaiser quite a bit.

Shin is probably worth a shot though, I can't read your mind. It DID get me into Mazinger, personally, enough so to enjoy the originals as well. My short-ass attention span just liked the quicker pacing more.
>>
>>14268905
Watching Shin now, first Nagai/Nagai inspired thing I've seen, is there any other stuff related stuff I should check out alongside it or is it mostly just ok to figure out as I go.
Planning to read Devilman anyway but posting incase anyone has any advise.
>>
>>14275684

Finish Shin. Read Devilman. Forget about the rest.
>>
>>14275702
>>14275697
Spic
>>
>>14275684
Watch the Devilman OVAs after reading the manga, check out Mazinkaiser OVA+movie, read the original Mazinger Z manga, look into Cutie Honey, read Black Lion and then you should be good enough to do whatever from there. Note that none of this is in order so just pick whatever catches your interests at the time.
>>
>>14275716
Ta, friend of mine was pretty quick to recommend DevilMan and Violence Jack, random blog post about Shin made me want to check it out.
>>
File: images (1).jpg (6 KB, 256x192) Image search: [Google]
images (1).jpg
6 KB, 256x192
>>14268905
Grendizer?
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.