[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Tokusatsu is ___ /m/.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 11
File: Quattro_B_2368.jpg (36 KB, 225x350) Image search: [Google]
Quattro_B_2368.jpg
36 KB, 225x350
Tokusatsu is ___ /m/.
>>
>>14268646
more /m/ than
>>
ok. Zeta is shit
>>
Is this one of those things were OP tries to piss off the maximum amount of screaming babies with the least amount of effort? Not even worth a (You), OP.
>>
>>14268646
>Kamen Rider is literally a cybrog
>sentai has combining giant robots

Tokusatsu is totally /m/.
>>
>>14268664
It's mediocre
>>
>>14268683
>some toku have /m/ elements, therefore all superhero shows are /m/
>>
>>14268664
Every time
And people complain about getter shitposting
>>
>>14268683
>Tokusatsu is totally /m/.
This is like saying a parallelogram is a rectangle because they each have two pairs of parallel lines.
>>
File: 1464041705465.jpg (39 KB, 311x275) Image search: [Google]
1464041705465.jpg
39 KB, 311x275
>>14268717
>>
File: 9306578.png (60 KB, 317x250) Image search: [Google]
9306578.png
60 KB, 317x250
>leave because this shit was spilling into threads that had literally nothing to do with it
>Eventually follows me to /co/
>4 years later
>spergs still sperging
>>
File: for the love of god montressor.png (698 KB, 720x540) Image search: [Google]
for the love of god montressor.png
698 KB, 720x540
>>14268726
>>
It's not /m/. Deal with it and gb2/tv/ or /jp/.
>>
>>14268840
It is /m/. Stop shitting up the board with this meme.
>>
>>14268646
often but not always
>>
>>14268646
> 1) Any series/franchises belonging to any media with giant robots and advanced robotics
> 2) Series/franchises in which there's a common link to /m/ materials, even if not explicit. Focus on the /m/ elements is preferred but not required.

>>14268702
If you think about it, Avengers has Iron Man, Legends of Tomorrow has Atom, Senti has zords, Rider has robot bikes, Garo has literal robot demons. Doctor Who has Cybermen and frequently other forms of AI/spaceships/cyborgs. Trek and Star Wars have droids out the ass in addition to space ships. So yeah, they get a pass.
>>
>>14268978
>30 seconds of stock footage per episode of a "mech" means it's /m/!
no.
>>
>>14269070
>So yeah, they get a pass
When does it end though? Nascar is /m/ because cars are machines? The cooking network is /m/ because they use blenders? Top Gun is /m/ because they use fighter jets?

It just seems silly to me, going out of your way to find even the smallest insignificant thing to justify calling it /m/. There are other boards to discuss the things you mention, why do you want to talk about them here? The goal is pretty obviously to discuss mecha anime/manga/games, not anything in the entire realm of science fiction that happens to have something slightly /m/ related (which is probably just about everything).
>>
>Using a picture from a subject that makes the vast majority of threads on /m/, to make a metathread bitching about the distant second.
>>
>>14269070
>Avengers has Iron Man
>All superhero comics are /m/
tokufag logic
>>
>>14269166
> stop reading at the first example
retard behavior
>>
>>14269138
Everything that features humans is /m/, because humans have arms, which are levers, which are (simple) machines.
>>
>>14269138
> Nascar is /m/ because cars are machines?
Cars are mundane vehicles. We have an Auto, a Sports, and an Alternative Sports board.
> The cooking network is /m/ because they use blenders?
Blenders are mundane tools, and we have /ck/. Also what does that have to do with what network it's on? No one says TV Asahi or MBS or TBS are /m/ just because they air /m/-related shit.
> Top Gun is /m/ because they use fighter jets?
/k/ is explicitly the board for real-world military hardware.

The difference here is there is no /toku/, whereas those examples have explicit boards. /m/ is the de facto board for sci-fi.
>>
>>14269070
Is this why most of the sentai generals are just waifu fagging for actresses?
>>
>>14269252
>we already have boards to discuss that stuff

But that was part of my point. We have /co/ and /tv/ for Marvel, DC, Doctor Who, Star Wars, and Star Trek. There's no reason to discuss them here.
>>
>>14269295
All the more reason to move toku to /tv/ or /jp/
>>
>it's another "we don't have anything else to shitpost about so let's fall back on old bait" thread
>>
>>14268646
>people still complain about toku on /m/ after all these years
>>
>>14269638
/m/ should literally just be mecha anime and everything else should be banned
>>
Super Sentai deserves to be on /m/ more than LotGH.
>>
>>14269940
But it isn't now, and it won't be again. Period. The days when you could get banned for so much as a pilot thread are gone. And even back when that was the case, toku was allowed here. There were threads permitted when Kabuto was airing.
It's not eastern only. It's not anime only. It's not just giant robots. And no amount of bitching is going to change that. Get over yourself.
>>
>>14268646
Can we please just have our home here?

/jp/ doesn't care for us, and /v/ can only do so much with "Games where I can wear a scarf?" threads.

Just we like it here, we're hot-blooded too, we have finishing moves, and mid-series upgrades and forms.

We have some robots and cyborgs, power armor too, and dear lord the reaction images.

Plus Anno likes us, if Anno likes us can't you /m/?
>>
>>14270080
I like you riderfags
I dunno about everyone else though
>>
>>14270080
Anno betrayed passing on knowledge and technical skills in favor of tokushit
>>
>>14270080
shit sux
>>
>>14270080
Despite all the "all toku is /m/" hyperbole I'm seeing in arguments against it: Can we at least acknowledge that the main toku shows discussed here feature /m/ elements in some form or another?

As a guy who enjoys both robots and riders I like that all my hotblooded JUSTICE is in one place. Plus toku was part of I first gained an appreciation of giant combining robots thanks to PR alongside Transformers as a kid.

Besides, it's two or three whole generals on the entire board + a release thread or two. There's more than enough Gundam by comparision to make Toku easy to ignore if you don't like it.
>>
File: Huhuhhu.png (331 KB, 585x707) Image search: [Google]
Huhuhhu.png
331 KB, 585x707
>>14270080
>we're hot-blooded too
>>
>>14270116
please expand on this
>>
>>14270116
Anno did toku before he did animation, though.
>>
>>14268646
Tokusatsu is sometimes /m/.
>>
Toku is sometimes /m/ but always shit
>>
File: IMG_20160502_160138_2270.jpg (241 KB, 841x762) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160502_160138_2270.jpg
241 KB, 841x762
>>14271060
>>14271082
Correct
>>
>>14270443
>elements
It doesn't work that way anon. Look at videogames. Tons of games including sports, shooters, even racing games have 'rpg elements'. This doesn't make them rpgs however.

You have to look at a series as a whole before deciding it can be /m/ or not. Is the core focus by and large on the mechs? Are the audiences they're gunning for close to one and the same (not children, obviously they all want that, I mean audience crossover). Would the series creator/broadcaster actually be advertising it as a mecha type show or not?
>>
File: xVM9a.png (584 KB, 615x803) Image search: [Google]
xVM9a.png
584 KB, 615x803
>>14271112
>This doesn't make them rpgs however.
If pic related gets to be an RPG then karate bugmen get to be giant robots
>>
>>14271132
That isn't an rpg. Especially not it's sequels which pushed the rpg elements further back while bringing the shootan even closer to the forefront. Rpgs are very diverese but no one in their right mind would set Mass Effect on a pedestal alongside Dragon Quest, Ultima, Elder Scrolls, Dragon Age, and Pokemon. ME is basically Fallout 3/4 IN SPACE!
>>
>>14271189
>Fallout 3/4 aren't RPGs
>but Elder Scrolls is
???
>>
>>14270080
>/m/ hates tokufags and only tolerate it because mods forced us to.
>'/jp/ doesn't care for us'
>Can we please just have our home here?
Move back to /jp/ if they're just apathetic.
>>
Why aren't Symphogear generals on /a/ instead of /m/?
>>
File: 1423971057180.png (239 KB, 811x313) Image search: [Google]
1423971057180.png
239 KB, 811x313
I have the solution to all of /m/'s problems
we kill /m/
>>
>>14268724
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8xqskiIehfk
>>
>>14272097
probably because they keep to themselves, don't spam a million different generals a day, and don't play some self-pity "bu--but all other boards ignore us!" card. also it does get generals on /a/ during the time its airing. but /m/ is slow enough to support them during the offseason. none of this necessarily makes it right to post those here of course (imo nanoha is far more /m/ than symphogear). if tokufags stopped spamming, whining about muh acceptance, and stopped the damn infighting fewer and fewer people would bat an eye at those threads here.
>>
>>14272097
Symphogear has music and mecha musume and shit, making it /m/
>>
>>14271936
>check out /jp/ for the first time just to see what kind of place it is
>mostly touhou threads

Eeeeh. I'd rather not go there.

To be fair I haven't been a regular in toku threads for a while now and for whatever reason /krg/ turned to shit while I was gone. I remember it being fairly decent back when Gaim was airing.

Suppose if push comes to shove I can live without discussing toku. But I'd still like it if I could occasionally discuss Riders and Sentai here sometimes.
>>
>>14272097
Because Symphofags are literal retards.
>>
>>14271936
/m/ doesn't hate tokufags though. That's just you.
>>
>>14271035
Anno played with a video camera and foil before he did professional animation praised around the entire world for his skill which game him a name and respect as a creator

And so he chooses to waste his time now, when he is not doing Eva, promoting tokusatsu exhibits and raping Godzilla.

Hideaki Anno is not a respected special effects artist, he is a respected animator but likes SFX more when he has more to offer creatively as an animator. Effects animation in particular since he's one of the best and this niche is dying out
>>
>>14272134
Sounds like you're just bootyblasted. /m/ related Toku is /m/, the discussion is focused on /m/ related Tokusatsu almost 99% of the time. To throw Toku off the board because there's a lot of threads and they talk about actors and production would mean that we'd have to throw any series that's /m/ off the board if they make a lot of threads or talk about anything but the show itself.

In short, get fucked. The Tokusatsu discussion here is /m/. It belongs here. The Japanese see no problem with robots and tokusatsu being together; that's why there's so many tokusatsu shows with giant robots and power armor and other /m/ aspects. The only people who have a problem are autists like you who have, for some reason or another, taken an axe to grind against live action stuff.

For fuck's sake, any amount of tokusatsu discussion is better quality than your constant, petulant whining about how toku isn't /m/. It's been going on for over a decade now and it's always boils down to 'I personally don't like it, so it's not /m/. Otherwise we're going to have to get rid of VA threads, production threads, character threads, music/soundtrack threads, threads about shows like God Mars and Daitarn 3, the Time Bokan series, Robojox, Pacific Rim, etc, etc, etc.

I'd much, MUCH rather have the odd thread about Pretty Soldier Sailor Moon once or twice a year than have to keep putting up with your inane warblings about how 'TOKU ISN'T /M/.'
>>
>>14272933
>the discussion is focused on /m/ related Tokusatsu almost 99% of the time.
Garo
Seira Mun
Supaida man
>>
>>14269638
And they complain about it when it's no longer a fucking problem. We have handful of generals. And that's it. The days of 30 gundam threads and 20 toku threads are over. Well the thirty gundam threads at any given time still exists, but people never have a problem with those.
>>
>>14272959
>wah why doesn't anyone bitch about giant robots on the giant robot board?
Tokufags everyone
>>
>>14272947
Supaidaman is the reason sentai has giant robots in the first place you eejit.
>>
>>14272976
Ah yes, the whole
>I'm going to insult you over something you never said, and never implied.
thing.

Let me try.
>The reason I'm salty all the time is because I spend so much time sucking my mother's vagina.
That's nothing to be proud of anon.
>>
>>14272933
how am I anything-blasted for offering an opinion? I started off with "probably" because for all I know, I could be taking the things I see and read here daily the completely wrong way. /m/'s a pretty chill board all around, it'd be nice if it stayed that way no matter what ends up being posted/discussed here.
>>
>>14269137
>Stock footage
Stop watching Saban's shit
>>
>>14272959
>We have handful of generals. And that's it.
Please stay in those generals.
>>
>>14273110
By and large, they do. So what's your problem?
>>
>>14273056
>/m/'s a pretty chill board all around
If you still believe this, you're a cancerous spic Gundamfag that needs to go back to /krg/. I bet you like Yokoyama and VVV too, you fucking cuck.
>>
>>14269252
> /m/ is the de facto board for sci-fi.

Fuck the hell off
>>
>>14271189
>games can't be more than one genre
You fucking retard.
>>
>>14274869
...people have been saying this before /co/, /tv/, /jp/ etc even existed, and now people have a problem with it? Fuck I only read the Dahak novels because it was recommended on /m/, in a spaceship thread back in 2005.
>>
>>14269252
>Cars
>Mundane

Only if you have shit taste. (Not saying their /m/ granted)
>>
>>14274875
Mass Effect certainly can't
>>
>>14272947
Garo is the only one of those 3 talked about regularly and even it has /m/ elements and discussion stays in the general anyway. Oh and Jap Spidey has a Mech, dunno why you mentioned him
>>
>2016
>not using catalog view
>not hiding all non-gundam related threads
No wonder /m/ went to shit.
>>
>>14275236
lol
all of gundam combined is still worse written than dougram
>>
>>14269295
we also have /a/ so I guess we cant talk about gundam or kamen rider
>>
>>14275061
Garo has /m/ elements?
>>
>>14269137
Fuck you cumstain, I'll have as many Yusha threads as I want.
Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.