[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Interested in watching Patlabor but should I watch the Early
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: 31.jpg (175 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
31.jpg
175 KB, 1024x768
Interested in watching Patlabor but should I watch the Early Days OVA or the TV series? Which is better?
>>
File: Production_Order.jpg (899 KB, 1600x1500) Image search: [Google]
Production_Order.jpg
899 KB, 1600x1500
>>
watch both, there's no reason not to

they tell different stories anyway
>>
Well, TV is worse (not very well animated, monster of the week plots), but the OVA is less accessible somehow.

Download them both and try whichever...
>>
>>14266664
>Which is better?
There is no better, both are great and slightly different.
I went with original OVA + movies first, since it was less heavy than a 47-ep-long TV series.
Also, don't hate WXIII just because, but be aware it's not really Patlabor.
Cheers.
>>
>>14266664
Both are amazing, neither is any better than the other. The TV is longer with Early Days is shorter
>>
>>14266664
I did production order but personally Patlabor didn't click with me until I watched the TV series which I adored.
>>
>>14266733
not for patlabor, stop parroting shit without understanding it
>>
>>14268734
Not him but it works for Patlabor as well. The OVA are a nice and also quick introduction to the franchise. What would you recommend instead ?
>>
>>14266664

You can't go wrong with either honestly.
>>
>>14269590
Take a continuity at a time. Simple. You're going to be confused if you watch OVA1 and then TV or something.
>>
My favorite is Early Days, so I'd say check that out. It has great animation and was overall a really enjoyable experience for me.
However, if you don't like that, you probably won't like the TV version, so I can't really send you toward there if that's how it is.
>>
>>14266664
Watch all of it.

Just remember that Early Day>Films while TV Series>Second OVA. After that, watch MiniPato.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.