[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I just noticed, Project Supernova is done all wrong. Completely
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 6
File: Macross Plus.jpg (395 KB, 974x1200) Image search: [Google]
Macross Plus.jpg
395 KB, 974x1200
I just noticed, Project Supernova is done all wrong. Completely worthless at actually evaluating the VFs stats in any objective way. They could have picked pilots with similar skill sets and flying styles, and who don't have a lasting vendetta against each other. Hell, cloning technology is right there, they could have just cloned Isamu or Guld twice and put each clone on a plane. Then they could have a testing condition with less variables to muddle up the issue of which is the better plane. Not even getting into the whole murderous Vocaloid thing.
Either that or let whichever of the companies is the Macross equivalent of Lockheed lobby their way to victory as usual.
I know it would be boring and there would probably be no story worth telling (as is probably the case for the other VF contract competitions that remain offscreen), but still.
>>
Unless it was intended to demonstrate the most bleeding edge VFs being undermined by their pilots, paving the way for the X-9.
>>
>who don't have a lasting vendetta against each other.
They didn't know. Even after it was revealed they can't just fire Isamu/Guld like that.

>>14263953
It was all an elaborate ruse.
>>
>>14263953

That's an interesting theory but I don't think it pans out. They would have to assume that every single pilot in their forces is a reckless hothead to write off the multi-million (billion?) dollar projects entirely. I don't think they'd be so quick to do that.
>>
>>14263936
I think that the idea was that Isamu and Guld were the specific ones who would be able to push their assigned VFs to their limits. If they were each operating at 100% that'd be a good way to see which is better.

Guld or Isamu may have been a better pilot for one or the other, best to get the ideal pilot for each one.
>>
I'll say their aggression towards each other helped in the testing in a way, since they are not just pushing the plane's performance for their job, but also to one-up the other guy. A mock battle with 2 very aggressive test pilots trying to kill if not wound each other would be pretty damn close to real combat if anything.

>let whichever of the companies is the Macross equivalent of Lockheed lobby their way to victory as usual.
As of now, there is pretty much only 2 relevant companies in Macross that makes VFs. Shinsei and General Galaxy.
The VFs they make are pretty equal.
The 19 and 21/22 are generally considered to be pretty equal, and the 25 and 27 never really showed which one of them is better.
>>
Man, why does liking General Galaxy have to mean suffering? Seriously. Sure, you could argue GG is more successful because their designs actually get produced on a relatively large scale(Nightmares a d Sturmvogel IIs), but they also get involved in evil shit like the Macross Galaxy incident and the protag VF is always by Shinsei.
>>
They also ended up producing both planes anyway, just the VF-22 took out the brainwave control and was a limited run for spec-ops and elites while the VF-19 became the mainstay fighter.
>>
>>14268145

Yeah, but that means Shinsei makes more money, since their design is being produced in far larger quantities.
>>
>>14263936
>Hell, cloning technology is right there, they could have just cloned Isamu or Guld twice and put each clone on a plane.

That's not how Macruosso cloning tech works. You are a giant, or a miclone. You can't produce multiple clones. No, don't question it. They just don't want to deal with cloning issues in detail.
>>
>>14268278
Yeah, it's weird, along with how they always gloss over the whole "oh and the entirety of mankind was wiped out other than a few thousand people" thing.
>>
>>14268153
It seems like General Galaxy is doing better in F and Delta, since everyone is flying VF-171s. We don't see VF-19, 22, or 24 variants in nearly as many numbers.
>>
File: YF-23_003_1.jpg (455 KB, 1778x1194) Image search: [Google]
YF-23_003_1.jpg
455 KB, 1778x1194
So is General Galaxy the Northrop and Shinsei Lockheed Martin?
Or is it the other way around.
>>
>>14268361
There's a Northrom Grumman though, they made the very first Valks, the Konig Monster and the VA-3, IIRC.
>>
>>14267906
Uhh... didn't the VF-27 daddy dick the VF-25 in every single engagement? Brera sure seemed like he was kicking Alto's ass every single time. Though I guess part of that can be attributed to Brera being a cyborg.
>>
>>14268145
The 19 was never mass produced anon, the nightmare plus was
Kawamori thought the 19 was too heroic to be used by grunts so only basara and emerald force got them
>>
>>14268153
>since their design is being produced in far larger quantities.
Proper 19s(19As, for instance) are for Earth forces only. Everyone else gets monkey models.
On the other hand, General Galaxy made the VF-171 and it's still in service as a grunt even now in Delta.

>>14268530
Alto never really got shot down by Brera when he's flying the 25.
And performance wise, the 25 is close enough to the 27 that pilot skill is the thing that would determine the winner, and Alto/Brera were pretty close to each other in terms of skill.
>>
>>14268374
VA-3 needs more love.
VF's are cool but its nice to have a bit more variation in mecha.
>>
File: VA-3M Invader.jpg (885 KB, 1473x1374) Image search: [Google]
VA-3M Invader.jpg
885 KB, 1473x1374
>>14270230
Oh yeah, I love the Invader.
Such an weird ass design by VF standards,
>>
Kawamori really needs to satisfy my autism and make a new grunt valkyrie design. He doesn't want to use the vf-19 (and vf22 i guess) because it looks too much like a hero mech. I guess the vf25 and vf27 are both too recent or something. and the vf29 and yf30 too much of an obscure side story?

Now I do love me some vf17 and all of its derivatives, but every series pretty much pushes the technological boundary.
>>
File: ojpkzZm.jpg (107 KB, 768x1024) Image search: [Google]
ojpkzZm.jpg
107 KB, 768x1024
>>14270383
The VF-31 has a grunt model.
>>
File: 1454826124932.jpg (224 KB, 900x1200) Image search: [Google]
1454826124932.jpg
224 KB, 900x1200
>>14270384
>>
>>14270384
Amusingly it has delta wings
>>
>>14270393
ish anyway. muh autism-fu is weak
>>
File: Usnavy.ea6b.prowler.750pix.jpg (81 KB, 750x517) Image search: [Google]
Usnavy.ea6b.prowler.750pix.jpg
81 KB, 750x517
>>14270341
Me too.
>>
>>14270391
I really like that one much more than the one with the reverse swept wings.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.