[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So what was the general opinion on this? It seemed like it was
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 12
File: Logos.jpg (51 KB, 476x268) Image search: [Google]
Logos.jpg
51 KB, 476x268
So what was the general opinion on this?
It seemed like it was less talked about than the previous two Aquarions and seems like everyone's already forgotten about it.
>>
Its very Aquarion.

Main couple is 10/10
>>
>>14262800
The franchise itself has been meme'd to death so inb4 dogs
LOGOS itself was comfy, whatever the fuck this term is supposed to mean

I was part of the episode threads and I think we all agreed the show was fun. I rate 7/10, and Savior-kun was autistic fun.
>>
File: THE_BEST.png (551 KB, 1022x1094) Image search: [Google]
THE_BEST.png
551 KB, 1022x1094
>>14262852
>was autistic
Did not see him as such.

As for OP's question, best anime of the decade and pic related.
>>
>>14262800
Was pretty good, especially after the shitfest that Evol turned into. After the part where OSORE came out of nowhere, I was convinced that Logos was something similar to what Evol SHOULD have been.

The villain being how she was because can't read lol was kind of dumb though. I probably should have been mad that they pulled the whole Akira and Maia were childhood friends after all thing, but when you realize that she's the entire reason for Akira's autism, it was okay.
>>
>>14262800
Noam Chomsky's Aquarion was pretty good though (I'm sorry but half the themes were well straight out of his universal language, so I couldn't help but see that)
>>
>>14262800
Best Aquarion main characters, best couple and best love story. Nicest Aquarion in my opinion.
>>
>>14262800
Started off sort of vaguely bad, but around the time of Separate it started getting good, then it started getting awesome and never stopped. I consider it my favorite Aquarion.

>>14262852
I think it's pretty safe to say after looking at /krg/ that the term can die. Nobody will miss it.
>>
>>14263121
Literally what
>>
>>14263238
a lot of the shit they bring up regardings words, writing, and meaning is shit you can learn in a linguistics/semiotics course, although I assume this is more kanji than chomsky

OP, I absolutely loved it, but not everyone will agree with me. it also starts very slow and the main villain motivation is hilarious if somewhat dumb. pick it up if you like kanji reading, fudou koans, and all the classic aquarion shenanigans

now that i think about it, logos is pretty much a wet dream for anyone who watched the previous aquarion shows for fudou
>>
>>14263276
Quite some autism there
>>
>>14262800
Shit character designs. The designer should be fired on the spot.
>>
>>14263276
>the main villain motivation is hilarious if somewhat dumb

>I CANT READ SO IM GOING TO ASSUME MY ANCIENT LOVER HATED ME!
>>
I liked it a lot.

Mai is best girl.

>>14263448
>>I CANT READ SO IM GOING TO ASSUME MY ANCIENT LOVER HATED ME!

In regards to that. If her whole race is motivated by the spoken word to the point of reverence then it's a pretty good possibility that LYING DOESN'T EXIST.

I don't get why people don't realize that.
>>
>>14263870

> If her whole race is motivated by the spoken word to the point of reverence then it's a pretty good possibility that LYING DOESN'T EXIST

What, no there isn't. That's a massive leap of logic that would need some exploration of it's own and to be soundly locked down by the show, not vaguely suggested so that viewers have to assume it. Even animals lie, never mind humans. Just because you worship the spoken word doesn't mean you're going to never lie. People lied all the time well before the invention of writing in the ancient world.
>>
Unpopular opinion incoming. I think it was one of the most boring series of its season. I liked Genesis and even Evol was the stupid kind of fun. Logos had some interesting concepts but the characters just felt bland. What irked me the most though was the idea that all of the world's concepts of thing were bound to a single writing system. Simple stuff like trees and stuff have their own kanji but what about stuff that are mostly twisted from english loanwords? It's an interesting concept but in my opinion it's just something that only japanese or weeaboos can enjoy and be fine with.
>>
>>14263995
>Unpopular opinion
Pretty sure given its reception that's an incredibly common opinion
>>
>>14263995
>I liked Genesis and even Evol
>even Evol
>>
>>14262800
Needed more budget and effort but aside from that it was fun and nice overall.
>>
>>14263995
>i like evol
Youre entitled to your own opinion even if its objectively terrible
>>
>>14264294
>>14270426
Maybe he liked Evol not as a whole series but for Jessica and/or music only.
>>
>>14263995
Genesis was alright. EVOL haf fun antics for the first half, the second was an awful drama fest that also managed to be excruciatingly stupid and boring.

>What irked me the most though was the idea that all of the world's concepts of thing were bound to a single writing system
You have a problem with that but no issue with the increbibly poorly defined power system from Genesis and EVOL?

>Simple stuff like trees and stuff have their own kanji but what about stuff that are mostly twisted from english loanwords?
Does english even exist in Logos universe?
>>
File: maia a cute (9).jpg (220 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maia a cute (9).jpg
220 KB, 1280x720
>>14270440
Maia > Zessica
>>
File: 1460654200182.png (21 KB, 508x610) Image search: [Google]
1460654200182.png
21 KB, 508x610
>>14270461
It's not hard to be superior to human trash.
>>
File: 1384601544225.jpg (683 KB, 845x1200) Image search: [Google]
1384601544225.jpg
683 KB, 845x1200
>>14273689
Rude.
>>
>>14270461

Maia is wonderful
>>
>>14270461

Maia had the advantage of actually being favored by the show runner instead of being despised by them.
>>
>>14274267

Yeah but even loser girl ended up keeping her dignity in logos. I mean that was kind of the thing with Evol. It's one matter to not win the bowl and a separate all together to get as BTFO as Zess did. That was just mean
>>
>>14274267
Maia was a cute weirdo who was enthusiastic about the smallest things.
>>
>>14274600
>YU-REI-BUSTERS
>>
>>14275400
Reminder that Ghostbusters is ruined forever.
>>
>>14275449

Reminder that the IDW comic book is still going and is fantastic
>>
Maia felt like someone saw Evol and was like "my god, Zessica got shat on too hard, quick let's make someone better in every way AND not shit on them"
>>
>>14275449
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xMCaxL7YRj0
>>
>>14275473

why do you post things that you know will upset me
>>
>>14262800
Definitely a passable show that got better as it went along. Characters were generally likeable and their choice to make the main pair generally agreeable dopes does a lot to make the experience pleasant. It's not nearly as ITS HAPPENING as EVOL but it does a lot more of the strange lessons and puns that were in Sousei. It's unfortunately not really consistently interesting and the animation and combat scenes are easily the weakest parts of the show and actually verge on bad.

It's a really safe show and that might lend to it feeling uninteresting at times, and how the main plot unravels is in my opinion sort of stupid. Otherwise a pretty good show that maybe relies a little too much on occasional character interactions to carry it.
>>
>>14275456
Logos felt like someone saw Evol and was like "my god, the drama is so fucking awful and the narrative all over the place, let's fix all this shit".
>>
>>14275543

it was good to see them focus on what made Aquarion work.

PANTS ON HEAD RETARDATION
>>
First half was full of kanji puns (that were actually pretty funny if you got the jokes), second half was just kinda dumb.

I still can't believe the bullshit that was the big reveal.
>>
>>14263146
>Best Aquarion main characters, best couple and best love story

yeah? actually decent, or is it "Well it's better than the crap in the last two Aquarion shows"?
>>
>>14275861
It's genuinely fun to watch, and I'd consider it a good series.

>>14275851
>I still can't believe the bullshit that was the big reveal
But the reveal was great. It was kind of goofy and off-the-wall, but it still made perfect sense and was consistent with everything we had been told up to that point. Like the rest of the show, it was the best kind of silly.
>>
>>14275838
So, it's a bunny rabbit right?
>>
>>14275874
damn nigga, you're actually making me want to watch it now

hated the original and EVOL, but you got me curious
>>
>>14275896
It's a hit or miss show, but give it a try if you feel like it. MC is one of the most autistic characters I've seen, it's hilarious.
>>
>>14275883

Yep. A hippity hoppity rabbit. Something about the moon. I dunno. What's up Japan and Lunar Rabbits

>>14275914

Savior kun was wonderful
>>
>>14276016
Oh good, no one tried to convince me it was a cat this time.
>>
>>14276016
>What's up Japan and Lunar Rabbits
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moon_rabbit
Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.