[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm very curious to what the reaction to this episode was
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4
I'm very curious to what the reaction to this episode was like back in the day
>>
I get this feeling a lot of people were about to kill themselves

(Pic related didn't actually go anywhere now that I think about it)
>>
>>14258864
Funny but pretty much undeniably trash
>>
>>14258869

It went to her and Alto having a relationship, because that was the only reason she joined.
>>
>>14258882
Like most of Macross then?
>>
>>14258864
Show went from being liked on /m/, to near constantly trolled (except on Thursday)
>>
>>14258919
As opposed to what, Gundam master race show?

You're entitled to your opinion, bro.
>>
>>14258919
Like all of anime, yes.
>>
Am I the only one who actually enjoyed this episode? Lighten up faggots.
>>
>ZZ Gundam tier "humor" episode followed up by a large influx of SEED-esque melodrama

One of the sharpest nosedives in quality I've witnessed 2bh.
>>
I wnjoyed it. these SoL light hearted things are nice breathing rooms so that plot and drama dont over run the story.
>>
I hadn't warmed up to the main cast beforehand, and it didn't give me much faith that I'd get a chance to. I didn't think it was funny, but I appreciated that they were still willing to be goofy between the drama and action.
>>
> I'm very curious to what the reaction to this episode was like back in the day

We'd just had an episode where a macross slung a carrier deck like a shield and tore a ship open with its hands.
>>
>>14258864
"No! Her underwear!"
>>
>>14259395

man I haven't seen Yamamoto Yohko in forever
>>
>>14258864
it introduced the mascot and /m/'s reaction on mascots is actually I don't know
>>
>>14259338
I enjoyed it actually. I'm just saying at the time, I was curious people were losing their shit thinking this would be the way the series would go.

I recall hearing about how people were complaining for months that Macross would be a school SoL even though nobody talks about that part of the show these days
>>
>>14258864
Probably nowhere near as negative as this thread claims it is.
>>
I seem to remember /m/ flipping a little about it.
>>
>>14259761
the high school thing was the most tacked on thing. And that's saying a lot given that frontier threw out every hook it had and pandered to literally EVERYONE, meaning it had a lot of shit tacked on.
>>
>>14259761
People didn't constantly try to shitpost a series to death back then like they do now.
>>
>>14260967
They don't do it now either.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.