[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I wonder if these mini-robots used to move, usually, rollers,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3
File: AT_moves.jpg (66 KB, 445x758) Image search: [Google]
AT_moves.jpg
66 KB, 445x758
I wonder if these mini-robots used to move, usually, rollers, then why do they even need legs?
>>
To climb over obstacles they can't skate on/through. Like stairs.
>>
>>14256576

>>14256741
This, also to physically kick asses, as well as to move and balance better. The wheels also make their distinctive "VREEEEE", which is louder than Armored Trooper footsteps.

You watched VOTOMs at all?
>>
>>14256741
They can also climb
>>
>>14256741
>>14259381
>>14259393

See, bipedal robots can be possible, provided they stay 3-4 meters. Though research and more research will be needed.
>>
>>14259419
Quit being retarded.
>>
>>14259419
VOTOMS are not realistic anon, not even their tininess and normal weaponry will make that true.
>>
>>14256741
Tell me more about giant robot sized staircases. Where can they be found? Are they easy to keep as pets?
>>
>>14256576
Mines. Like tanks "walking" on their (track) joints one small mine can stop it from moving. With legs a mine just takes a little of the bottom of a leg; just keep walking.
>>
>>14260290
Yeah bro, mines are placed above the ground and have a big glowing red light on them, just like in the video games!
>>
>>14259419
Literally no.
>>
>>14256576
watch the fucking show.
>>
>>14256576

You ever play rollerskate anon? If you do, then you understand that wheeled legs can take sharp turn and detour much easier than wheeled box because it can shift their center of gravity by tilting its body in direction of his turn, thus probability of it will be flipped over is minimalized.

And as>>14256741 said, it can also walk over obstacles that wheel can't or hard to get througt.

>>14259451
>>14260066
>>14260299

> suddenly, /k/ ambushing /m/ all over the place

Shit, i know this somekind of trap.

Bipedal robot developement is already underway mr. realiutism, just see some videos or something.
>>
>>14261173
And notice those robots are the same size as a person or smaller.
>>
>>14261235
And how they don't have any offensive capability.
Also remember that just because they're in testing, doesn't mean they'll actually develop them any further than a couple prototypes.
The Military-Industrial complex is littered with the corpses of R&D projects.
>>
>>14261235
Yeaaa, because today is human sized, then they cannot scale it up further.

>>14261248
Yeah, doesn't also mean they'll don't pushed it further anyway, like you are the chairman or something.

Seriously, what is realistic or not is muted untill there is an actual developement. There is developement, so there are possibilities.
>>
File: 271_tombinghamcol.jpg (30 KB, 299x448) Image search: [Google]
271_tombinghamcol.jpg
30 KB, 299x448
>>14256576
>it's another argument about the feasibility of mecha
Haven't we done this song and dance before?
>>
>>14261325
They can't post that garbage on /k/ because people would catch onto the shitposting and mods would have to act on it
but no one cares about /m/ so you run free to just repost the same bait every day
>>
>>14261173
I'm not /k/. Bipedal combat robots simply aren't going to be a thing.

Give me any machine any day, but to try and put it in reality? Fat chance.

>>14261325
>>14261328
I guess that explains the lame realism threads.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.