[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Unicorn - How should I watch it?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 4
File: original.gif (985 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
original.gif
985 KB, 500x281
So say I want to watch Unicorn, should I watch the OVAs or the airing anime? Does the airing Unicorn have new footage? And how did you like Unicorn?
>>
>>14256558
>Unicorn - How should I watch it?
With your eyes lmao.

Just go the OVAs.

There is some redrawn footage in Re:0096 for transitions, but the flow--which was already kinda weird--is completely fucked. Nothing "new" in the sense you probably mean. At least not yet, and it's not likely that there will be.

I liked some of it, I disliked more.
Probably a 6/10.

The fight at the wreckage of Laplace Station was probably my favorite part.
>>

Don't.
>>
>>14256558
>should I watch the OVAs or the airing anime?
Watch the OVAs first and then the airing anime.

>Does the airing Unicorn have new footage?
Nothing of significance yet.

>And how did you like Unicorn?
Greatest UC Gundam series. This is the one series that makes suffering through the other UC Gundams worthwhile, it's UC's redeeming grace
>>
>>14256736
>suffering through the other UC Gundams
YOU TAKE THAT BACK YOU DOUBLE NIGGER
I BET YOU ENJOYED WATCHING SEED
>>
>>14256558
Unicorn is sad because the story is interesting enough abd the characters and animation are real draws
>but the execution is terrible
It has the terrible pacing and disjointed story telling of a compilation movie without any of the excuses
>>
>>14256736
This person must be retarded or lying or maybe trolling
>>unicorn is probably the weakest link in UC maybe with g savior and stardut memories coming close
>>
>>14256558
The anime is the definitive version. But besides the cleaner looks, there's nothing significant that it offers over the OVA.
>>
>>14256761
I thought G-Saviour wasn't canon?
>>
OP here, getting mixed messages on the quality of the show. Well, I got the OVAs, dub or sub? Feels a little weird watching it in Japanese when they are all westerners.
>>
>>14256869
>dub or sub?

That question is always determined by how much of a weeb you want to be.
>>
>>14256761
>0083
>weakest link
Holy shit neo-/m/ has some objectively bad taste. The weakest UC entry has easily got to be 08th MS Team or MS Igloo. Everything else is AT LEAST average.
>>
>>14256908
>weakest UC entry
>Not ZZ or F91
What is wrong with you?
>>
File: 1190874320485.jpg (81 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1190874320485.jpg
81 KB, 640x480
>>14256869
The dub is good

>>14256908
>MS IGLOO
>bad
What the fuck am I reading
>>
>>14256888
No, if the dub is really bad then you'd want to avoid it. But in this case it's fine so either one is not an issue.
>>
>>14256869
Sub. Always sub. Always watch the UC timeline in subs so you get the consistency of having the same VAs every time
>>
>>14256918
ZZ is 50 episodes long. Just by sheer number it cannot be considered the weakest entry,

>>14256920
I said WEAKEST, not WORST. I liked MS Igloo but I would never show it to anyone who didn't already like Gundam unless they were very open-minded. The whole shinigami thing was annoying, too.
>>
>>14256941
What does weakest mean to you?
>>
>>14256558
With a blindfold and earplugs, much like how I play extreme vidyagames. Anything less is distinctly not hardcore.
>>
>>14256908
0083's not the weakest show but it's not great either.

Also 08th MS team is better.
>>
The fuck is with this hate on Uni? Is fucking great.
>>
>>14256869
>OP here, getting mixed messages on the quality of the show.

Unicorn's pros lie primarily in its high production values. It's fun to watch mainly because it has some of the coolest battles in the franchise and a top tier OST.

But the story is a mess, regardless of whether you watch the OVA or the series and regardless of your background knowledge.
>>
>>14256941
The least captivating/ most melodramatic/ least intense/ shortest duration/ weakest emotional impact. Basically a bunch of stuff that's mostly subjective.
>>
>>14256997
08th MS Team was a mess of plotholes and inconsistent writing. The worst offense 0083 is guilty of is shoehorning in an unnecessary and forced/unbelievable love triangle (which, I guess does happen in real life sometimes)
>>
>>14257014
Because it's pure reference-wank and shallow as a puddle.

Being written years after Victory and other late UC material, whatever happens in Unicorn has no bearing on it nor is it referenced by them. Conversely, none of the early UC series have any Unicorn "hooks" in them either.

It's a completely pointless story that doesn't even serve to explain anything unlike say, 0083. Unicorn is Sunrise going back to the tired old well to milk some more Zeon/Char/Amuro $$$.
>>
>>14257091
Unicorn would've been 10x better if the ending didn't make it seem like the world was saved and F91 totally doesn't happen in less than 10 years. The least they could've done is filled in the gap between F91 and CCA.
>>
File: 1424588285614.jpg (301 KB, 740x1008) Image search: [Google]
1424588285614.jpg
301 KB, 740x1008
>>14256745
Seed was okay. What now?
>>
>>14256558
But water doesn't work like that.
>>
>>14257107
>filled the gap between F91 and CCA
It's all your fault for not buying enough Crossbones and F91s - Imagine or otherwise.
>>
>>14256997
0083 has better animation and characters. There is literally nothing about 08th that is better than 0083.
>>
>>14258364

Gouf Custom begs to differ.
>>
>>14258364
>0083 has better animation
Absolutely.
>and characters
Whoa lad, let's not go crazy.
>>
>>14256941
>I would never show it to anyone who didn't already like Gundam
You shouldn't show anything besides 0079 and maybe 0080 to anyone who is not familiarized with the UC, let alone who doesn't like Gundam.
>>
File: norris packard point and laugh.png (157 KB, 300x562) Image search: [Google]
norris packard point and laugh.png
157 KB, 300x562
>>14263094
>>
>>14263130
Lol what are you bandai from 2001? Showing msg to anyone who has not seen any gundam is a terrible idea
>>
>>14266948
If they trust you, convince them to make it through their initial reservations about the older animation. If not, stop hanging out with them.
>>
>>14266948
Depends. I know people who watched 0079 or the movies as the first Gundam.
It has more to do with if they mind (or enjoy) older series or not.

For those who want something newer, alright, the AUs are there for that reason, to be gateways to new people who don't want to jump into chronological mess and 30 year old shows right away. Then like you said after they're Gundam fans some will go into UC.

My point is that you shouldn't show stuff like IGLOO, CCA, 0083 or even Zeta to people who are not familiar with the Universal Century. Besides being confusing at times, it creates retards like those people who jumped into Unicorn having never watched UC before and just have retarded question and arguments based on wrong assumptions about previous events.
>>
DO YOU FEEL ALONE
>>
>>14266965
>If not, stop hanging out with them.
>iF YOU DON'T LIKE MY MONGOLIAN CARTOONS, WE CANNOT BE FRIENDS ANY LONGER

what a silly fellow
>>
>>14256908
>08th MS Team
>Bad

My first visit to /m/, and thanks to this post, my last.
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.