[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Gundam Origins Episode III
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 81
File: let me suck his dick please.jpg (80 KB, 1440x810) Image search: [Google]
let me suck his dick please.jpg
80 KB, 1440x810
The newest installment of this riveting Gundam OVA drops tomorrow. Thoughts? Expectations? I for one am hyping harder then this boards hard-on for funnels.
>>
gundam needs to have it's own board. its ruining my pure mecha. i want gundam to leave hiro. make /rx/ for gundam fags.
>>
>>14254644

I'll just wait for the dubbed release.
>>
>>14254675
But it comes out the same day.
>>14254674
Why tho
>>
>>14254644
>riveting
>>
>>14254674
>gundam needs to have it's own board. its ruining my pure mecha
Oh, it's a whiny shitpo—
>make /rx/ for gundam
THAT'S PERFECT!
>>
>>14254644

I think I'll just wait until all the episodes are out. E04 should be out early next year so a nice weekend binge should help calm the nerves after Trump gets sworn into office.
>>
>>14254698
>having to wait another year
kill me
>>
>no amuro
no point.
>>
How many more fucking OVAs until we see Amuro get in the RX-78-2?
I don't want to watch Charwank.
>>
>>14254719
I'm waiting for Lalah to appear.
>>
>>14254719
its only a char/zeon wank no earth federation side at all.
Just 4 episodes of ZEON DID NOTHING WRONG

its pure bullshit. Last I checked it was called GUNDAM the origin. Not Char's Zaku II the oriign.
>>
Do you think it will get one more OVA because it is selling well?
>>
>>14254728
You're saying so like it's a bad thing.
>>
>>14254741
I wish they adapted the whole manga instead of 4 episodes of char and five minutes of the gundam on side seven at the end of the last episode.
>>
>>14254719
hes billed in the my anime list page so he should appear

>>14254719
without the zaku we would have no gundam
>>
>>14254728
>its only a char/zeon wank

But Char is shown to be a budding psychopath and asshole whole the Zabis are evil, plotting bastards.

Hell, even the great Zeon Zum Deikun, the one Zeonfags keep insisting was some pure hearted, peace-loving revolutionary whose ideals were perverted by the evil Zabis is revealed to be a raving lunatic.
>>
>>14254772
yeah but a raving lunatic who loves his family
>>
>>14254772
and people are still zeek fans
>>
>>14254772
Maybe that's because greedy feds were shown well in Zeta, ZZ and CCA?
When Amuro comes home to see it occupied by drunk feds in Origin, the drunks are seen fucking hookers.
>>
>>14254728
>its pure bullshit. Last I checked it was called GUNDAM the origin. Not Char's Zaku II the oriign.

The manga is called Gundam The Origin. These ovas are based on the manga. But they are not a faithful adaptation of the manga in that Sunrise chose to adapat only a tiny part of the whole story.
Sunrise should have been more honest and say Gundam The Origin : Char's story. Because this is what this series of ovas are really about.
I guess UC fags are so long gone that they'll buy whatever shit comes their way. In a sense they're like robotech fags.
>>
Wait, they're not adapting the whole manga? Just the Char flashback arc?
Why in the fuck then was RX-78 featured in the "Rise" promo image? Why adapt the Zeon wank whose canon is at best questionable?
>>
>>14254793
right?
Hopefully they're smart and they extend it. Unicorn was only supposed to be 6 parts at first remember?

If they extend it they can sell more model kits. Everyone wins.
>>
>>14254793
It won't be questionable anymore
>>
>>14254784

When? Greedy Feds form an entirely new side to terrorise space and attempt a colony drop in Zeta, let Human perform one in ZZ and buy an asteroid of a man who just dropped one in CCA. What's worse about Origin?
>>
>>14254797
>If they extend it they can sell more model kits. Everyone wins.
Not just that. Reviving 0079 means OYW can be reused in games like SRW without having to use dead people's archived audio samples. That shit's fucking morbid.
>>
>>14254835
>english gundam game when?
>>
How long does it take the subs to come out?
>>
>>14254797
Depend, will IBO s2 be well received or not?
>>
>>14254698
I know this is a bait shitpost, but surely you mean to celebrate?
>>
>>14254787
>But they are not a faithful adaptation of the manga in that Sunrise chose to adapat only a tiny part of the whole story.
How does this not make it not a faithful adaptation? It'd not be a faithful adaptation if they outright changed some things. It's still faithful if it follows exactly what happens in the manga, but doesn't adapt the manga in its entirety, just like Thunderbolt
>>
It seems like a huge waste of effort nonetheless to only adapt the zeonshit.
Waiting more than 2 years to find out they're not going to animoot the actual story is extremely disappointing.
What exactly is holding them back? Gunota fucking love OYW. Yas's art is perfect for storyboarding.
>>
>>14255228
Because the OYW is already animated with 0079. If you think fans of First Gundam will take kindly to it being retconned or replaced by a new show, you're wrong. It'd be like how people on the internet say "THIS RAPED MY CHILDHOOD". They only adapted the Char parts because Char is one of the most popular characters, and because it's something we don't have animated yet. People want to see it animated.

And doing the OYW will just pretty much be retreading old material. We've seen it already. "Updating it" with cleaner art and CG is a fucking stupid reason to adapt it as well.
People here already complain enough about the endless OYW stuff, and if you want a new reboot then we'll never ever leave it.

If they do adapt it, I don't think it'll be received well by most people. Your thought process is too ingrained with the shitty reboot mentality of Hollywood, it seems.
>>
>>14254674
how about Zaku fags, anon?
zeon fags will be extremely butthurt if they have nothing & attack on EFfags soon.
>>
>>14255247
I agree with this post.

Sadly there are so many people who refuse to watch "First Gundam" because it is old. Despite the fact that the story still holds up and to this day it is the best installment imo.

Also Sayla.
>>
>>14255247
>If you think fans of First Gundam will take kindly to it being retconned or replaced by a new show, you're wrong. It'd be like how people on the internet say "THIS RAPED MY CHILDHOOD".
Gundam is bigger than the hardcore gunota purists. There's very little in The Origin proper that contradicts the animu, which itself was based off Tomino's novels. I highly doubt the fans would rebel over a few VA changes either, since they've already been featured in Gundam-san.

>Your thought process is too ingrained with the shitty reboot mentality of Hollywood, it seems.
Fuck you. I just want to see 0079 succeed in the 21st century without the spectre of dead VAs cursing it.
>>
>>14254777
Hitler loved his dog.
>>
>>14255228
Because people who actually cared would have read the manga and those who haven't are supposed to be get enticed into reading the manga through the OVA.

>>14255285
Or you know, let them try to do new things instead of doing UC/OYW for the 100th time.

>without the spectre of dead VAs cursing it.
So yeah, funny you want to mention the word spectre since the inability to let go UC and OYW mounts to the same damn thing.
>>
I want them to adapt Origin fully because then they don't have any excuses to not make GM kits.
>>
>>14255285
>There's very little in The Origin proper that contradicts the animu, which itself was based off Tomino's novels.
It doesn't matter. It's still just pretty much the same as what we already have.
The OYW following the White Base has run its course. There's absolutely no need to have it again but with more flashy lights and CG.

>Fuck you. I just want to see 0079 succeed in the 21st century
No, FUCK YOU. This is a shitty reason. "I want to see it succeed" fuck you you piece of shit. It's already succeeded, along with Zeta. It spawned the entire franchise. People still look fondly upon it as one of the best series. It's one of, if not the only, Gundam series that still gets references in non-mecha anime. JUST LEAVE IT ALONE. MOVE ON.
>>
>>14255300
>Or you know, let them try to do new things instead of doing UC/OYW for the 100th time.
Yeah, they'll just rehash it with a different setting and characters like they do every 3rd new Gendum show.

>>14255312
> It's one of, if not the only, Gundam series that still gets references in non-mecha anime.
You're contradicting yourself by confirming that it's the one Gendum series that is, again, bigger than the hardcore gunota purists. I'm stating that butthurt faggots like you are no reason not to make a proper adaptation of The Origin.
>>
>All these Feddie Tears
If you're so upset, just watch a Gundam series that's a Feddie wank. Which is all the other shows in the series.
>>
>>14255356
Hush now, you're lucky you get brought back as a recurring villain for every single installment.
>>
>>14255322
The thing is, there's no reason to make an adaption in the first place. The material has been covered by MSG, even if it is a little different. The story has been told.
>>
>Zeon isn't shown eating babies and killing children in the show
>M-muh zeonwank!

Everytime
>>
>>14254787
The sad part is a lot of retards here think the manga plays out in the exact same order.
>>
There was that rumour years ago about Origin being adapted as a tv anime, then after waiting this was announced. Reading the manga you get to the 4 iirc and it gets derailed for about 3 books with the Char and Sayla story. Getting this out of the way, could make for a straight TV adaption of the old tv show w/o the Char origin parts.

Or they just told this story cause it wasn't animated before. We'll see the preview for 4 at the end of 3 which should cover the Lalah stuff and the first mobile suit battle with the Proto Guncannons. They would probably tease more animated Origin after 4 was released.
>>
>>14254644
I just want to see the ms-0"x" zaku development line
>>
>>14254674
>make /rx/ for gundam fags

I was about to counter your post but /rx/ would be pretty awesome.
>>
>>14255247
>"Updating it" with cleaner art and CG is a fucking stupid reason to adapt it as well.
are you retarded? The animation is 37 years old at this point, it looks terrible. A lot of new people straight up don't watch it because the dated looks creates a barrier to entry. If they did the oyw origin style and added new scenes like the manga the fanbase would only increase.
>>
>>14255305
same actually. maybe even some test type feddie suits like how they're doing mobile suit discovery for weird suits we've never seen before like waff
>>
>>14256026
>/rx/
where is torrent for saucermen plsthx
>>
>>14256109
>The animation is 37 years old at this point, it looks terrible.
I disagree. 0079's animation doesn't look nor flow any more terrible than almost any other 70's anime not produced by Nippon Animation or Tokyo Movie.
>>
>>14256344
its just a small step above speed racer
>>
>It's a basketball episode
>>
>>14256349
That may be true (again, as it is of most 70's anime), yet even Speed Racer itself still had better animation quality than something like Astro Boy, which was produced around the same era.
>>
>>14256344
I don't think that that was the point he was trying to make.

I remember when MSG aired in the US after the wildly successful Wing and G. Succinctly, it bombed in ratings mostly because kids didn't like the dated animation.
>>
>>14254674
Butthurt tokufag detected.
>>
>>14256498
>it bombed in ratings
Because the Saudis bombed the towers.
>>
>>14254674
>Make /rx/ for gundamfags
Would be okay with this.
>>
>>14255312
>No, FUCK YOU. This is a shitty reason. "I want to see it succeed" fuck you you piece of shit. It's already succeeded, along with Zeta. It spawned the entire franchise. People still look fondly upon it as one of the best series. It's one of, if not the only, Gundam series that still gets references in non-mecha anime. JUST LEAVE IT ALONE. MOVE ON.
The problem is technical. Whereas shows like Macross are still pretty decent in the animation department, everything about 0079's animation looks dated.
>>
>>14256362
Please don't be joking i'd absolutely love to see char go hard on the paint!
>>
>>14256801
>>
>>14256814
OH SHIT MAH NIGGA DUNKED ON LIKE 3 POOR BASTEREDS
>>
>>14256713
That's exactly what happened. 9/11 caused that day's episode to be canceled. Then it was on hiatus, then canceled. Such bullshit. CN people at SDCC that year were excited to show it. They did acknowledge the show looked dated but the story was so good. They urged people to really give it a chance.
>>
It's up already, can't find anyone talking about it. Hoping for a torrent soon since I already bought the BD
>>
>>14256864
where?
>>
>>14256913
http://www.daisuki.net/us/en/anime/detail.MOBILESUITGUNDAMTHEORIGIN.html
>>
>>14256924
So how was it? How was the preview for part 4?
>>
File: file.png (13 KB, 318x76) Image search: [Google]
file.png
13 KB, 318x76
>>14256924
>>14257550
>>
>>14257550
There is no preview for part 4.

Also, SPOILER ALERT, if you watch past the credits Amuro appears. Derp.
>>
>>14255993
Good luck... Mobile Suit Discovery is fucking up the old development line.
>>
>>14257790
how so?
>>
>>14256913
>>14256864
http://www.nyaa.se/?page=view&tid=813554

and 1080p if you wish, but I see little point
http://www.nyaa.se/?page=view&tid=813546
>>
File: stop_penis_erect_archer-gap.jpg (35 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
stop_penis_erect_archer-gap.jpg
35 KB, 500x281
>>14257871
>>
>>14257871
Bless you anon, you are truly my greatest ally
>>
>>14256735
>Whereas shows like Macross are still pretty decent in the animation department, everything about 0079's animation looks dated.
>Macross
Outside of a few moments (most notably the dogfighting and especially Itano and Anno's scenes), I personally consider Macross' animation quality equal to, or at times even worse than 0079 TV at its lowest.
>>
>>14257835
they're tying origin into the prime timeline
>>
>>14257951
>Macross-- Consistent Mech animation, Off Model character animation
>Gundam-- Off Model Mech animation, Consistent Character animation

And before you cherry pick examples, I mean this in a general sense. It's not always true for every frame.
>>
File: image.jpg (92 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
92 KB, 600x800
This popped up
>>
ITT: Newfags who clearly don't realize that UC revolves around Char and the Deikun family.

Char is best.

Char is #1 Gundamu

Pic Unrelated
>>
>>14254728
silence.
>>
>>14258223
no
>>
>>14255228
As others have said...

You do fucking realize that almost all of UC Gundam is about "HURRAH KILL ZEON HURR DURR", right? Zeon has an actual right to struggle. It's literally American Vs. Britain, only Britain ends up winning anyway.

How can you sit around watching the same one-sided crap for so many years and just want more of it? Hell, that's why I feel like Thunderbolt was the BEST Gundam series in a long time. Not only did it present a brutal grey-area for both sides, but it wasn't a typical EFF-Wankfest, even when they had a Gundam that was somehow piloted ridiculously well by a non-newtype.
>>
>>14258235
the same reason why it always makes money

zeon is only appreciated as an underdog, not a winner
>>
Just finished it it was amazing.
>>
>>14258235
>>14258251

I wonder if it's possible to make some kinda Dynasty Gundam anime. I mean Wei would be the feds since they are big bullies full of corruption, and Shu would be Zeon since well they both have green uniforms and underdogs. Char gets a Red Hare I guess, but I'm not sure what to make out of Wu.

But then again it'd be pretty interesting for a 'what if' had there been a 3rd major power instead of the constant David vs Goliath.
>>
File: mpv-shot0005.png (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
mpv-shot0005.png
1 MB, 1920x1080
>>14258256
I like how Origin hasn't shit itself. The OVAs are great. Char is based as a fuck and him creating and killing Garma is perfect, especially when it naturally leads you to guess and second guess his actions.

Makes me regret watching those pretenders like McGillis.
>>
>>14258378
Now if only they will give CDA The Origin treatment. I really liked the idea of seeing Char in between getting raped by Amuro and acting as a side kick mentor for Kamille, mostly to see that when compared to non-god tier pilots he's still a hot shot. I mean hell most of you guys even said the translated chapters were pretty good, it just turned to shit.
>>
char didn't stand out at all!
>>
>>14258378
>comparing a character that had 100 episodes+movie+4 and counting OVAs to some poser that had half a series

Don't bully the chocolate man
>>
>>14258251
I get that, but that becomes extremely stale after being the basic premise for 99% of the franchise since the 70's, regardless of sales. It's already established that Zeon is the underdog. Hell, it's already been established that they basically lost everything. Throw some bones, mang.
>>
>>14258414
they already do in the form of AUs

so long as it continues to make money, they'll keep doing that, AUs are actually more of a gamble because they explore new territory (even then they usually try to cram as many older gundam elements into them as they can)
>>
>>14258392
CDA is dogshit shoujo for like 3 volumes though.
>>
File: 1298437339585.gif (23 KB, 407x405) Image search: [Google]
1298437339585.gif
23 KB, 407x405
>>14254644
Char's old room mate was not very genre savvy.
>>
>>14258378
>Char fucking started the OYW
I love this god damn series.
>>
>>14258432
Maybe that's why he said to give it the Origin treatment, as in a do-over.

And no, it's dogshit shoujo for the ENTIRE RUN.
>>
>>14258432
Yeah I didn't really care for Haman but I just enjoyed how Char had his moments where he acted practically completely opposite to how he was in MSG/Zeta/CCA, but not because it was out of character, but because he was finally given some space and breathing room to do so.

You know kinda like how someone can be a total asshat at work but then unwinds at home with family and friends and is all chill and shit? Well Char was nowhere near that level, but it was still magnitudes greater than any other time we saw him. Hell his stint on Axis was practically the only time I saw him remotely happy with his life after his dad died outside of Lalah.

The whole thing with Char constantly saying he's not a leader he's a soldier in Zeta really got across in CDA. Even though the plot obviously kept pulling at him to be the leader, it was fun to see those spare moments where he could just be another one of the guys so to speak, even if it could never last.

I mean you can kinda say Quattro does that, but Quattro always had this bitterness to him and the classic pettiness, even if both were wearing facades. With CDA Char, even if he was 'Char' and not 'Casval', he was still a lot more 'free'.
>>
File: 1329455003451.jpg (536 KB, 3023x2141) Image search: [Google]
1329455003451.jpg
536 KB, 3023x2141
>>14258448
The first volume where it was mostly just Char and MSV was good. It was nice to see more of Apolly and Roberto too.
>>
File: 1297624311335.jpg (1 MB, 2676x2084) Image search: [Google]
1297624311335.jpg
1 MB, 2676x2084
>>14258458
>>
>>14258458
Problem is Hamarn. CDA is just her nursing a schoolgirl crush for him the entire damn thing. And then in the last volume realized he didn't see her that way and got really angry because he left the Zeon remnants to do the AUEG thingy.
>>
>>14258462
Yeah exactly, in a single panel he realized how fucked he is. With Bagina even before they ousted him to be Char again, he was pretty much playing house. He had no surefire plan on how to make the AEUG win, he just did it for shits and giggles.

When he was on Axis, he genuinely played his beloved soldier role without any strings attached, at least for a time. He was allowed to put Axis first, above himself and you can damn well tell he liked it. He could finally be a good guy who isn't scheming like a faggot.

Which makes everything subsequent oh so much sweeter.
>>
>>14258465
Well that's what the redo is for anon, though honestly I'm not sure how I'd go about it exactly since I'm not too into Haman at that age being a know it all mature sue as opposed to naive schoolgirl sue.

But well if even Yas can't figure it out, there's always Ark Performance. They've never failed /m/ when it comes to making sense of Gundam.
>>
>>14258462
Why is Quattro so handsome in that shirt and tie?
>>
File: 1462067835752.gif (485 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
1462067835752.gif
485 KB, 320x240
>>14258471
NewType Pressure
>>
File: 1427166133661.jpg (71 KB, 700x485) Image search: [Google]
1427166133661.jpg
71 KB, 700x485
>>14258467
He tried to do it again with AEUG but the old fart died on him remember?
>>
>>14258483
It's weird how much you could infer from Zeta even though Tomino is a tell-not-show director. How betrayed and disgusted Char felt seeing Haman bring back Zeon, parading Mineva around just after he moved past his vendetta.
>>
>>14258483
It was a bit different, like I said unlike Axis the thing with the AEUG was that Char knew deep down inside there was no future without him becoming Char again. It wouldn't have mattered even if the old fart lived, nothing would have changed it's not like the old fart could have replaced Char otherwise said alternative method would have worked either way anyways. The guy didn't possess anything special that needed just HIM.

On Axis, they could have technically gotten along even if Char stayed a soldier and baby sitter ironically enough, so long as Papa Kahn didn't die. Yeah there were the retards, but so long as Papa Kahn was alive it would just be no different than when the first silly plan happened, basically an adult's prank.

With Zeta, even his buds were dying like flies.
>>
>>14258494
Not like Haman had much choice if she didn't wanna become a poorfag stuck on a rock risking mutiny constantly.
>>
File: vlcsnap-2016-05-21-04h02m50s430.png (279 KB, 852x480) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2016-05-21-04h02m50s430.png
279 KB, 852x480
>>14254717
>no amuro
>>
File: vlcsnap-2016-05-21-02h49m05s698.png (282 KB, 852x480) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2016-05-21-02h49m05s698.png
282 KB, 852x480
>>
The mask looks silly without the helmet.

We get to see Zaku I next ep I take it?
>>
File: vlcsnap-2016-05-21-02h38m10s290.png (397 KB, 852x480) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2016-05-21-02h38m10s290.png
397 KB, 852x480
Char knows basketball.
>>
File: vlcsnap-2016-05-21-03h04m55s673.png (449 KB, 852x480) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2016-05-21-03h04m55s673.png
449 KB, 852x480
>>
File: vlcsnap-2016-05-21-03h33m49s874.png (294 KB, 852x480) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2016-05-21-03h33m49s874.png
294 KB, 852x480
Man, when he marries her, he gonna tear that pussy up.
>>
File: vlcsnap-2016-05-21-03h20m59s911.png (373 KB, 852x480) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2016-05-21-03h20m59s911.png
373 KB, 852x480
>>
File: 1342581577805.jpg (115 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1342581577805.jpg
115 KB, 600x600
>>14258524
Who does she take after?
>>
File: you keep using that word.jpg (29 KB, 475x316) Image search: [Google]
you keep using that word.jpg
29 KB, 475x316
>>14258458
>pettiness
Why do you guys always keep using that word?What do you mean by it? Like, in what way do you determine if someone's behavior is petty or
not? What is your definition? In what way is Char a petty person?
>>
File: vlcsnap-2016-05-21-02h58m15s446.png (482 KB, 852x480) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2016-05-21-02h58m15s446.png
482 KB, 852x480
>>
File: vlcsnap-2016-05-21-02h34m23s147.png (244 KB, 852x480) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2016-05-21-02h34m23s147.png
244 KB, 852x480
General Revil has had enough of your shit.
>>
File: 53208423_p0.png (61 KB, 536x536) Image search: [Google]
53208423_p0.png
61 KB, 536x536
>>14258538
I could feel the gayness radiating out of this episode.
>>
File: vlcsnap-2016-05-21-03h26m24s510.png (296 KB, 852x480) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2016-05-21-03h26m24s510.png
296 KB, 852x480
>>14258546

We all could.
>>
>>14258530
>I'll show you the power of Hitler!
>>
File: Alejandro.jpg (52 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Alejandro.jpg
52 KB, 1280x720
>>14258549
It opens up old 0079 wounds.
>>
File: 1425050657680.jpg (143 KB, 313x941) Image search: [Google]
1425050657680.jpg
143 KB, 313x941
>>14258512
>>14258392
>>14255247
These retcons are awful
>>
File: vlcsnap-2016-05-21-02h33m11s320.png (309 KB, 852x480) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2016-05-21-02h33m11s320.png
309 KB, 852x480
>>14258553

He's got the Reich stuff.
>>
File: vlcsnap-2016-05-21-03h48m59s872.png (355 KB, 852x480) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2016-05-21-03h48m59s872.png
355 KB, 852x480
>>
>>14254644
I'm a UC fag even and I'm not interested in the origin really. Hell to make it worse I'm kind of a zeek fag even and I still haven't bothered watching the first two episodes yet, don't know why I just can't be assed too.
>>
>>14255199
>>>/pol/
>>
File: vlcsnap-2016-05-21-03h12m00s974.png (356 KB, 852x480) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2016-05-21-03h12m00s974.png
356 KB, 852x480
>>
File: vlcsnap-2016-05-21-03h51m46s072.png (209 KB, 852x480) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2016-05-21-03h51m46s072.png
209 KB, 852x480
>>
>>14258546
well char does sort of fuck him in the end
>>
>>14258546
It was the gayest thing I've seen in my life and I've seen men fucking before.
>>
>>14258600
Did they kiss?
>>
>>14258598
>that part with the stakes
I should get my brain out of the gutter.
>>14258576
My kokoro.
>>
>>14258601
What do you think?
>>
File: vlcsnap-2016-05-21-03h50m43s376.png (288 KB, 852x480) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2016-05-21-03h50m43s376.png
288 KB, 852x480
>>
>>14258608
Damn Char is cold.
>>
File: vlcsnap-2016-05-21-04h01m38s588.png (349 KB, 852x480) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2016-05-21-04h01m38s588.png
349 KB, 852x480
>>
>>14258602
no that part where char fucks him lets him die in msg
>>
File: cz7kixc.png (196 KB, 428x328) Image search: [Google]
cz7kixc.png
196 KB, 428x328
>>14258622
That too.
And holy shit, Char's statement in Zeta has been well and truly decanonised.
>>
File: vlcsnap-2016-05-21-03h20m02s674.png (412 KB, 852x480) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2016-05-21-03h20m02s674.png
412 KB, 852x480
>>
File: vlcsnap-2016-05-21-04h00m14s301.png (485 KB, 852x480) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2016-05-21-04h00m14s301.png
485 KB, 852x480
"You're going to love Side 7, Amuro. Did you know they have the most advanced brain damage treatment facilities? Of course, those won't be up and running until 0080."
>>
English dub where?
>>
File: vlcsnap-2016-05-21-04h03m05s216.png (575 KB, 852x480) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2016-05-21-04h03m05s216.png
575 KB, 852x480
TO BE CONTINUED...
>>
>>14258524
Well that's why she died so early after giving birth yeah? Mangled organs don't work so well, especially when giving birth.
>>
Why is Char such a disgusting, sociopathic piece of shit?
>>
>>14258537
How about you ask yourself whether or not the majority of the people who had their family killed start to start world wars just to get revenge only to push that aside because a teenage brat whooped your ass at giant robot counterstrike a few times, to the point where said kid had to fucking remind you about it with the sole living relative you have that you abandoned just for the sake of this poorly planned betrayal that gambled on you not dying to a superior enemy over and over and over? And do I even need to point out how his petty refusal to just talk with Amuro instead of swing his beam saber at him all day was what got Lalah killed? Even though by all rights he should be colluding with Amuro to smoothly get revenge? Even though Lalah had already chosen Char over Amuro but the pettiness of the Red Cuckold refused to allow his loli Indian prostitute with a pussy loose enough for fellow curryfags to poo in it as a loo to even have remote feelings towards the kkkid?

What the fuck else do you think it is? Nigga if Char thought Jesus himself killed his dad and ruined the Deikuns he'd probably obsess over building a time machine just so he can shoot the guy as he's walking on water, while using one of those jet packs to fake that he's walking on water as well, ya know just for poetics. Course he'd fail, but that's how far he'd go.
>>
>>14254728
>Just 4 episodes of ZEON DID NOTHING WRONG
The last 3 episodes Zeon has been mostly shown doing a lot of things wrong.
Char quite literally kickstarted OYW in this episode.
>>
>>14258414

The only way Zeon's getting any bones thrown at it is if Sunrise become so desperate for money that they contradict established facts and make a show where they win the OYW.
>>
>>14258714
Char has always had a very strong social awareness and initiative. He grew being pursued and living in hiding. It's normal he would gather hatred for the members of the class that was oppressing him.
He despised the Zabis for using their power to take advantage of the weak like himself.He saw Garma as a hypocrite.
Char is not a very sensible or practical person and he is very independent so he appointed himself as some sort of vigilante.

Amuro was an enemy from the start and I don't remember there being any talks about any possible negotiation on any side.
Char is a little bit of an obsessive compulsive control freak so it bothered him that White Base kept slipping away even though he knew it was kind of stupid. In any case getting them was never his main priority.

He saved a young girl from a life of degradation, gave her his love and affection and wanted to help her become a strong woman that can stand on her own. Lalah didn't choose him over Amuro. She chose to save both of them. Still Char felt that she had a deeper emotional connection with Amuro and that she rejected him because he was worthless to her. Can you blame him for getting a little bit emotional?
Nevertheless after he got the chance to think about it clearly he decided to try to keep his bitterness to himself and treat Amuro kindly and fairly because he didn't and never ever had anything personal against him.

He has many flaws and is probably in many ways a very horrible person but how someone that has been shown on many occasions to be benevolent, sociable ,friendly ,generous ,helpful , modest, fair, aware of this own limitations and capable of admitting his mistakes be ever called petty.
Do you think acting in unreasonable way when under extreme emotional duress is petty.
Then all human beings without exception are petty. Witch I guess sounds fair enough. But I wouldn't put it in anyone's character description.
>>
Who's Garma voice actor? His voice reminds me of Angelo.
>>
>>14258800
It's because he's Angelo. It's the same seiyuu.
>>
File: mtr_1428350043846.png (79 KB, 291x343) Image search: [Google]
mtr_1428350043846.png
79 KB, 291x343
>Char lowering that blanket over Garma's shoulders
>Char preventing Garma from getting rained on and offering shelter
>Char giving Garma that optimism that he needs to become a great leader
I just wanted to believe.
>>
>>14258802
>Frontal and Char voiced by Ikeda
>Garma and Angelo voiced by the same dude
GAY POTTERY
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (127 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
127 KB, 1920x1080
>>14258808
Angelo is Frontal's replacement goldfish for Lalah.
They are nothing alike (other than homo undertones but holy shit did Origin take it up to eleven).
>>
>>14258814
They both have purple hair. Your argument is invalid.
>>
>>14258494
>Tomino is a tell-not-show director
He's both.
A lot happens in the background and visually that people generally don't pick up, things that lend a lot to the narrative. Victory Gundam is the pinnacle of this - in addition to what's being told, so much more is shown in the visuals
>>
File: 1382518139286.jpg (172 KB, 820x1114) Image search: [Google]
1382518139286.jpg
172 KB, 820x1114
>>14258814
Blame Yaz.
He's been shipping them since 1979
>>
>>14258814
Angelo was like a mother to him?
>>
>>14258822
Garma had a hard life.
>>
>>14258824
No. He was a loyal child prostitute he met once.
>>
>>14258814
Angelo has Garma's naivete, trust and loyalty and Lalah's child prostitute background.
He's Frontal's best friend and mother figure all in one.
>>
>>14258836
>>14258838
What was Frontal doing looking for male prostitutes?
>>
>>14258838
Angelo felt younger and seemed to have a different set of motives than Garma, honestly.

Garma was also driven by his loyalty to his family. For Angelo, Frontal was his entire world (which is very Lalah) which fixated his views and I feel that made Angelo harsher as a result of it.

Garma, I felt, might have been prideful but he does seem softer (something that he could afford to be) and some of his aspects indepedent of the tactics side are his own and not Char's.

I feel that Angelo is more Lalah than Garma and Gaelio is more Garma.
>>
>>14258840
>What was Frontal doing
>looking for male prostitutes
You just answered your own question.
>>
File: IMG_0207.jpg (123 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0207.jpg
123 KB, 800x600
>>14258850
I wonder how Angelo felt when he realised that Frontal was never coming back.
>>
File: 1316728376927.jpg (41 KB, 472x645) Image search: [Google]
1316728376927.jpg
41 KB, 472x645
God damn Char is hot.
>>
I'm in love with Char.
>>
>>14254736
Yes. Next year we'll get the battle of Loum.
>>
>>14258608
>>14258609
Just that moment when you realize what a cold fucker he is.
>>
>>14258906
I would have killed that guy too. He was as suspicious as a fuck.
>>
>>14258910
That being said I wouldn't have killed Gama because Garma did nothing wrong and doesn't deserve to suffer. ;_;
>>
>>14258912
>someone let my mother suffer and she died
>got a clever idea
>let the family members of the one who did it suffer and kill them
>>
>>14258512
>Char is actually just wearing sports headgear
>>
>post yfw Origin "canonizes" IGLOO by having the Battle of Loum feature the Jormungand Anti-Ship cannon firing blindly into the EA fleet.

I just want them to bring this QT back.
>>
>>14259176
Damn, Igloo looks worse than I remember.

>>14258608
Yas really sucks at writing. This whole episode felt like one of those bad hollywood movies where some psychopath is putting on airs and graces and the viewer waits for them to snap.

This sort of backstabbing somehow feels beneath Char, with everyone but the Zabis the established story showed him fighting honourably. Is CDA worse than this? Because I'm struggling to imagine worse fanwank than this.
>>
>>14259208
It's really bad. But eh, you get used to it.
>>
>>14259208
>This sort of backstabbing somehow feels beneath Char

This is the guy who led his 'best friend' into a fatal trap and the guy who beheaded said friend's sister with a bazooka to tie up loose ends, and it's 'beneath him'?
>>
>>14259219
yeah but they're Zabi's so it's okay
>>
>>14259219
They're the targets of his revenge. It's not really until CCA that he tosses people aside for his personal ambitions.

Fuck, I just hate how poor the writing is for this. It makes 0083 look like a masterpiece.
>>
>>14259219
While I would argue he can't really understand the concept honor he always makes a point of behaving properly and politely unless it serves his private purposes. He's a gud boy.
>>
>>14259243
The those people are obstacles or things that will lead him to his revenge, fucking idiot
>>
Dub when?
>>
Ok, I hate to be that guy, but where i can watch it in good quality? Gogoanime only has it on 360p and kissanime doesn't upload it yet.
>Inb4 streampleb
I live on my uni campus and it doesn't allow torrent
>>
>>14258515
>I came here to dunk at you
>>
>>14259303
just XDCC it
>>
>>14258235
>Zeon has an actual right to struggle.
Get the fuck out of here, Gato.
>>
>>14256109
>it looks terrible
Zeta's animation NOT ART, YOU FUCKING MORONS was worse and it is still unmatched in fight choreography or scale of battles.
I would NEVER want some hack from The Origin staff to remake the battles.
>>
>>14258807
char did it first out of pity then realized he would make an excellent pawn
>>
>>14258447
>>Char fucking started the OYW
It was so bullshit. OYW was something that went beyond Char, Amuro or any other character. It was going to happen anyway and none of the characters had as much weight on the start of it as The Origin wants you to think.
>>
>>14259243
He didn't toss aside anything but his common sense and he didn't have much of that to begin with.
>>
>>14259462
I don't think anything would seriously suggest anything else. It's just fun to laugh at how silly Yas is.
>>
>>14259469
>>I don't think anything would seriously suggest anything else.
Sorry, I don't follow.
>>
https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2016-05-21/gundam-the-origin-ends-char-arc-with-part-iv-in-fall-starts-arc-on-battle-of-loum-in-2017/.102348

>The anime's fourth episode will cover the first ever mobile suit battle in history, and will feature Char's "fateful encounter" with the girl Lalah Sune, Amuro Ray, and "the legendary Dr. Minovsky," as well as the development of the MS-04 and the RX-78 Gundam.

Wait, we are getting Amuro's first battle too? New gunpla releases aside HG RX Origin Ver. = MUH DICK, how much is the episode going to cover?
>>
>>14259475
No one in their right mind should ever suggest that a war can in any way be started or for that matter stopped by a single person.
>>
Man, I like The Origin and I really like Char, but there are just WAY too many inconsistencies with everything else, and way too many things that are just silly (Principle Dozle, anyone?), and the over-indulgent fanservice almost every few scenes just makes it annoying to watch.
It feels like they're just going "Hey Hey! Remember this character!?! Hey, remember that thing that will happen? Here's some referential foreshadowing to it!"
>>
So what's the Federation equivalent of The Origin?
>>
>>14259482
>Wait, we are getting Amuro's first battle too

No, Char will just bump into a younger him. We'll also just see the development of the RX-78 like it was hinted at at the end of the newest episode.
>>
>>14259496
>No, Char will just bump into a younger him.
Oh, I thought this line
>will cover the first ever mobile suit battle in history
was talking about MS vs MS battle.
>>
>>14259510
>>14259510
No, MS were introduced by Zeon a while before the Feds invented the RX-78 and eventually the GMs. It's the entire reason why Zeon took over most of Earth and was the winning side for a while.
It probably, almost certainly, refers to the first time a Mobile Suit was ever used in any battle. They're not going to skip ahead that far, especially since a Battle Of Loum OVA has been announced to be coming after The Origin IV
>>
>>14258600
LAAAAAAAAALALALALALALA LALALALALALA
>>
>>14259494
You're living in it right now
>>
>>14254644
Right now I can only find the subbed on amazon.
>>
Geez, how long is this recap going to take?
>>
>>14259625
>posting on 4chan while watching something, and actually taking the time to pause every now and then to take screenshots and shitpost

No wonder everyone on this board is retarded and have gross misconceptions about what happens in most shows - NO ONE IS EVEN PAYING ATTENTION
>>
How many new gunpla are we going to get with OVA IV and Loum OVAs?
Ral's Zaku, maybe?
>>
>>14259634
I've read the manga, I've earned my shitposting rights.
>>
File: Cannon.jpg (123 KB, 640x720) Image search: [Google]
Cannon.jpg
123 KB, 640x720
>>14259711
I'm hoping for an OriGuncannon.
>>
>>14259491
>Hey Hey! Remember this character!?! Hey, remember that thing that will happen? Here's some referential foreshadowing to it!
Yeah I really hate that. If fanservice character inserts were really needed, I'd rather see some less-seen characters like I dunno, Johnny Ridden or Henken.

Having Mirai, Amuro et al appear seems so... Star Wars Episode 1.
>>
File: 20140901225043c5d.jpg (221 KB, 1373x1200) Image search: [Google]
20140901225043c5d.jpg
221 KB, 1373x1200
I forget does Garma ever get a Zaku? I know he "has" one in MSV but does he ever fly one in canon?
>>
>>14259723
Is the PV of Loum Battle out yet?

>>14259760
He doesn't in the anime as far as I remember.
>>
>>14259760
I've only seen him use it in G Gen, and SRW. Never in a Gundam manga or anything.
>>
>>14259772
Not that I know of. I just found those on taghobby.
>>
>>14258910
Well, he did begin to dig a bit too deep.

Plus doesn't it strike you odd that he discovered that it was his friend Char who died in that shuttle explosion yet never asked Casval how?

>>14258912
Wasn't Casval somewhat hesitant about killing Garma?

Like in a sense that he was the one Zabi he would spare, but ended up doing it anyway.

>>14259128
Among things.

They poisoned and killed his father to usurp power, imprisoned his mother and let her to die in captivity without her seeing her kids, and led to Casval and Artesia being forced to escape their home colony in fear of death. (They did allow them to live in exile though)
>>
File: 20-traits-of-psychopath.jpg (50 KB, 510x273) Image search: [Google]
20-traits-of-psychopath.jpg
50 KB, 510x273
>>14259810
>They poisoned and killed his father to usurp power
Hearsay and speculation fueled by Jimba Ral, who was old, insane and utterly paranoid. The Origin leaves ample room for speculation that Zeon Zum Deikun could've perfectly died of a naturally-occurring heart attack.

>imprisoned his mother and let her to die in captivity without her seeing her kids
I'll give you this one.

>>14259810
>Wasn't Casval somewhat hesitant about killing Garma?
>Like in a sense that he was the one Zabi he would spare, but ended up doing it anyway.
I don't think so. In every interpretation, Char is utterly unrepentant of killing Garma. Let me remind you that the manga puts a heavy accent on the fact that Char is a full-blown psychopath: he checks out on most of the ones on the list.
>>
I don't consider Origin canon to the original UC timeline. Keep in mind the original manga was a retelling of the story.

I am really enjoying it so far.
>>
Ep 5 when?
>>
>>14259760
Supposedly in canon it was just for show. He hardly ever piloted it, just at victory celebrations or parades.

It's become a popular and easy recolor for Bandai. They even made a conversion guide on Bandai Hobby on how to make an RG. Like mentioned it did make appearances in alternate timeline games.
>>
>>14259736
>>14259491
>but there are just WAY too many inconsistencies with everything else
Which inconsistencies? The Origin is consistent with itself, that is, the manga's storyline.

>and way too many things that are just silly (Principle Dozle, anyone?)
It's not silly when you analyze the context, instead of repeating buzzwords: Dozle is the head of Zeon's military academy, a post on which he's in to keep a close eye on Garma, under his father's orders.

>Having Mirai, Amuro et al appear seems so...
Their appearances make sense within the setting. Mirai was the daughter of a wealthy developer and Amuro is the son of the RX-78's chief engineer.

>I'd rather see some less-seen characters like I dunno, Johnny Ridden or Henken.
None of those appeared in the first anime. The Origin doesn't include any "canon migrants", such as characters from the sequels, sidestory OVAs or MSV lines. Don't expect to see Anavel Gato, Shiro Amada or Haman Karn, There is one, exception, though: Hathaway Noa. He appears as an infant on a bonus chapter, after the OYW
>>
>>14259711
That would be awesome!!!
I'm sure we'll see

Char Red Zaku I
Black Tri Star Zaku I
Proto Guncannon
Blue Ral MS-04
Orange MS-04
Mass produce colors MS-06 Zaku ll
Maybe that Zaku tank

Very excited for all of these!!
>>
>>14254644
Felt so damn good after the underwhelming second episode. Also I realize that I watched 0079 right after the first OVA came out. Good shit, Dozle a best.
>>
>>14259832
It's heavily implied that the Zabi's had something to do with his death, because they sure as hell did benefit immensely from it. Though it's true that Deikun looked like has was already a very stressed out and troubled man in ep1. So it's possible that he did suffer a heart attack on stage, but the fact that we don't get (?) any information on something like an autopsy will lead to speculation.

And Jimba rambling is Jimba rambling.

But despite Casval being a full fledged psychopath (And slightly autistic by CCA) that's bent on revenge he did seem to have some glimmer of liking to Garma. Or at least so i remember.
>>
>>14259907
>he did seem to have some glimmer of liking to Garma
He did like Garma. Even in the series. That is sort of the point. For a normal person if you like someone you don't kill them. Or at least you feel some sort of remorse.
But for Char admitting that Garma was overall a pretty nice guy did not contradict at all with the though that he was stupid and had it coming.
>>
File: Clipboard.jpg (312 KB, 640x1080) Image search: [Google]
Clipboard.jpg
312 KB, 640x1080
Goddamnit these previews. Are we seeing the MS-04 or not?!
>>
>>14259208
>Yas really sucks at writing.
Isn't Sumisawa the guy writing for the OVAs though?
>>
>>14259925
But the "He's a Zabi so his head is gotta roll" philosophy kicked in.

Though it seems that post 0079 he gave up on that philosophy, since he did let Mineva live.
>>
>>14259975
Mineva is innocent, and all the guilty parties had been taken care of by then. If Char had gotten Kycillia, Dozle, Gihren and Degwin first, I think he *might* have even spared Garma.
>>
>>14259975
I don't think it's that simple.Is it so hard to imagine that Char despised him not for their name but for what they stood for?
In any case it doesn't matter what sort of philosophy kicked in. If he was a normal person he would have at least felt bad about it even if he swore a most solemn oath of revenge.
>>
>>14259925
>For a normal person if you like someone you don't kill them.
Leaving Garma alive wouldn't work since he's planing to take out his entire family and Zabi monarchy as a whole. Zeon remnants would either rally around him and use him as a figurehead or Garma himself will come seeking for revenge because that's what normal people do when their family members are killed.
>>
>>14259993
>>14259994
Garma was innocent of the crimes that his family did, and it's hard to argue against Char having some clue as to him being likely innocent.

But yeah, if he would have gotten the other Zabi's heads rolling first he would have considered sparing Garma, but that would still leave a symbolic part of the Zabi family alive >>14260019 explains it well.

And by the time 0079 is over they were all dead, with the exception of Mineva. And Zeon was pretty much lost the war so there wasn't much to rally up behind.
>>
>>14260019
Maybe. That's why I said he should have at least felt so sort of remorse.
>>
>>14260037
Innocent? Innocent by what measure? He was a proud Zabi and an enabler of their tyrannical policies. Indeed, he was not a bad guy and just too stupid to realize it, but to what extent can stupidity excuse your actions and at what point does it become criminal?
>>
>>14260061
Agreed on that part.

I was talking as to his part in what happened to Char's family, since he was a child when that happens.

But in 0079 he was as guilty as the rest of them.
>>
>>14260061
What about the real Char, was he evil too. Stop trying to present fake Char as a good guy because he isn't.
>>
>>14260069
No.That's not the point I was trying to make.
I could argue that the Origin is not canon but that is also not the point.
Char would scheme, lie and "sacrifice" innocents to advance his purposes. Which doesn't mean necessarily that he ever disliked any of those people. Probably quite the opposite. It's just that for him that sort of thing has nothing to do with practical considerations.
In Garma's case he was advancing his purposes of punishing corrupt stupid politicians and you could say that Garma does sort of fall in that category. Char didn't think Garma was evil, just criminally stupid.
He wouldn't kill someone for no good reason like just because his family and name. Mineva was not a corrupt politician and he couldn't have gotten anything out of killing her. Overmore he was pretty keen on this whole "we can raise children to be better than their parents" idea so why hurt a cute little girl like her. That would be stupid.
>>
>>14260183
Origin may not be canon, point taken.
Still killing people to advance your goals is evil.
>>
>>14260194
Yes. From any normal person's perspective.
>>
>>14259860
>They even made a conversion guide on Bandai Hobby on how to make an RG.
Link, please?

>>14259869
>Char Red Zaku I
That is already on OVA IV poster.
>Black Tri Star Zaku I
Of these we already have the regular HGUC so I wouldn't hype them that much.
>>
Any good links for the English dub of episodes 2 and 3(yet)? Couldn't find one for 2, just episode 1.
>>
>>14254674
4chan is 4chan not reddit
>>
>>14259482
>Lalah appearance confirmed
Great
>>
i want to impregnate his ass pussy
>>
>>14260635
ORE NO CHINPO
>>
>>14260635
where the black people?
>>
>>14260644
at the back of the colony
>>
>>14258600
WHY ARE YOU WEARING SUNGLASSES AT NIGHT?
>>
>>14260654
SO I CAN, SO I CAN WATCH YOU WEAVE THEN BREATHE YOUR STORY LINES
>>
>>14260642
Hey it's that guy from gunbuster
>>
>>14260635
>>14260642
>dies a brutal death by the hands of his friend
poor garma.
>>
i want to make him pout and beg for my dick
>>
>>14259486
Ever heard of the term "casus belli"?
The war was going to start sooner or later, but that was the tipping point.
Same with the assassination of Franz Ferdinand, it wasn't the reason behind The great war but it still gave it the spark it needed.
>>
This episode was pretty shit, but it's issues are apparently consistent with the Origin manga?

I only managed to read two volumes of that, but it seemed really good. Does it become bad?
>>
What is really good and tearjerking about this series is seeing all the overly patriotic people at the academy acting without knowing what will happen and what war really implies.
How that "little" bravado of them led to the worst event in human civilization is pretty sweet, and canon or not it's really well done, if somehow you could watch Origin and the series back to back to see all the death and destruction it'd really drive the "war is bad" point home.
>>
After this episode I don't know who's worse, Char or Dio Brando.
Dio at least was open about his dickery.
>>
Do you guys think that Char mellowed out during the Zeta years?
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 81

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.