[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I can't be the only one who thought Bayformer Optimus was
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 10
File: dmk01.jpg (192 KB, 743x1000) Image search: [Google]
dmk01.jpg
192 KB, 743x1000
I can't be the only one who thought Bayformer Optimus was a great design?
>>
>>14253976
Sure! If he wasn't painted by a idiot then big OP's design is pretty good.

But those flames kill it for me.
>>
>>14253976
No, but don't say it to TF fags or you're going to trigger them.
>>
i dont like because there's too much junk thrown on in order to look """"realistic""""
>>
>>14253976
I didn't care for it at first (but that was mainly due to how the shaky cam in the first movie made it hard to get a clear look at it most of the time). It grew on me from ROTF onward.

Now the TF4 design is just stupid. There are barely any alt mode parts of him in robot mode so Hasbro had to cheat and make all his toys literal shellformers.
>>
Needs better coloring and less tacky flames.
Otherwise, it's pretty neat in motion.
>>
>>14253976
i still prefer 1-3 OP than AoE design.

more streamlined is better my ass
>>
>>14254043
This. Once we got better cinematography, the design grew on me. It's an interesting take on the classic design that incorporates most of Prime's trademark features.

It helps that it got some absolutely fantastic toys in the first and second movie lines. Buster Prime is still one of the best Transformers ever released, even today.
>>
File: r_striker-optimus-218.jpg (157 KB, 600x406) Image search: [Google]
r_striker-optimus-218.jpg
157 KB, 600x406
>>14254102
ROTF optimus is a miracle of toy engineering
>>
>>14253976
They shat the bed on AoE.
1-3 was pretty cool, but I like the bayformers to begin with.
>>
>>14254003
Gaaaaay.
>>
>>14254110
ROTF in general was a golden age of Transformers toy design. My old Leader Brawl standing on the same shelf as my MPs, and I still can't transform that motherfucker back into a tank.
>>
File: hftd-screamer.jpg (159 KB, 800x920) Image search: [Google]
hftd-screamer.jpg
159 KB, 800x920
>>14254131
Preach. Leader Starscream is fucking incredible. Looks way better than the CGI model too.
>>
>>14253976
I like it too, definitely up there as one of my favorite Primes. It's not like IDW can't get over detailed and greebly as well. I will admit that Sir Prime is kind of starting to grow on me.
>>
File: Screenshot_1.png (1 MB, 1255x524) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_1.png
1 MB, 1255x524
I fucking love that design.
The DMK, not so much. It's too stylized.
>>
>>14253976
I like it better in art and toy form than movie form.
It took some time to grow on me since I wasn't into G1 transformers at the time.
People who were decrying it at the time can't appreciate that it wasn't the exact same thing bur essentially the same in proportion and concept.
>>
File: 1459996423901.gif (6 KB, 381x178) Image search: [Google]
1459996423901.gif
6 KB, 381x178
>Always liked transformers, it's robots that turn into vehicles, what's not to like?
>Movies are decent for what they are, great during giant robot fights but suck shit everywhere else
>Not really into toys back then
>Hear that ROTF has some of the best toys in the franchise
>those rape prices
>>
>>14254145
Well they were cheaper eight years ago, believe it or not, but the prices did go up noticeably since Fall of Cybertron.
>>
File: Animated Optimus.jpg (79 KB, 350x611) Image search: [Google]
Animated Optimus.jpg
79 KB, 350x611
Best Optimus coming right through
>>
Don't like the flames and I prefer him as a cab over truck.
>>
>>14254150
Good show, ok designs.
>>
>>14254150
>that quality autobots symbol
>>
File: rotfvoyagerclass-mindwipe.jpg (134 KB, 1600x889) Image search: [Google]
rotfvoyagerclass-mindwipe.jpg
134 KB, 1600x889
>>14254131
this guy is still my favorite. such a fun toy

still trying to find his minicon buddy
>>
>>14254110
That he was. Sadly making an accurate movie design transform into a truck made for extremely complex transformation (I still haven't successfully transformed mine to truck mode). Apparently a lot of parents complained about this and Hasbro started simplifying the designs and transformations from DOTM onwards.
>>
>>14254145
Aftermarket prices are always going to be excessive. Still, if you do a little pricematching it's not that hard. Leader figures from that era can be found for about $80 if you look, which isn't that much more than what they sold for back then.
>>
File: cgi-prime.png (706 KB, 636x1024) Image search: [Google]
cgi-prime.png
706 KB, 636x1024
As a drawing, Prime is really fantastic. Like you can see his "inner frame" and how the parts of the armor actually make up his vehicle mode. His silhouette is extremely clean as well.

It's only when you see him in action with Bay's bad choreography that he starts to look like shit.
>>
>bayformers was almost 10 years ago
>>
>>14254086
The AoE design is so bland and boring. It doesn't even look like it's supposed to have a vehicle mode.
>>
Chinkfags please
>>
There's a drug-fucked old hippie missing half his face who makes 'sculptures' out of scrap metal and car parts around my area. I think you can tell where this criticism is going.
>>
>>14254217
He builds car statues in honor of the alien robot that stole his face?
>>
>>14253976
mecha design in bay's movies are a fucking mess, a clusterfuck of rolling metal.
They should have gone full 80's modernized style exactly like in the Cybertron games (War of Cybertron and Fall of Cybertron).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BiYx-it0nIE

In Bay's movies except for 2 or 3 characters you can't tell who's who and every action scene is a fucking mess.

Also, I fucking hated Optimus having a mouth and that "combat mask" as a retracted thing most of the time.
>>
>>14254921
that style doesn't feel realistic at all. it doesn't feel "alien"
>>
>>14254217
Did he give you espresso and hide your Iron Giant for you?
>>
>>14253976
Honestly, it's probably the best of the Bayformers designs. There's enough of the original character in there that you can easily make out who it is, where as most of the designs are like "This is that one Autobot guy, just trust us, ok?"
>>
>>14253976
>I can't be the only one who thought Bayformer Optimus was a great design?
I used think like that
>>
>>14253976
It pretty good (when the flames don't stick out like a sore thumb).
>>
>>14254017

/r/ing the mock tv-nihon subs screencaps pretty pls.
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.