[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it pronounced Majinga-Zetto? I feel like if I don't say
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (493 KB, 800x684) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
493 KB, 800x684
Is it pronounced Majinga-Zetto? I feel like if I don't say MAZ-EN-GAR-ZEE then people won't know what I'm talking about.
>>
I believe it's pronounced Tranzor ZEE
>>
>>14253863
If you wanted to be literal, then yes. Otherwise, muh-zing-er zee is what you go with
>>
File: z.png (10 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
z.png
10 KB, 600x600
>>14253863
Ma zin guh Zed.
This is the correct way to pronounce it without going full weeb.. It's only Zee in Tranzor Z because Americlaps came up with that name. It doesn't change to a 'zee' just because you're in Clapistan. You don't hear me calling ZZ Top 'zed zed top', I respect their clappy name.
>>
KOUJI CAN SWIM IN THE SKY
HE CAN FLY BENEATH THE SEA
>>
>>14253863
do you say gandammu? let the japanese say their shit their way and you do you man
>>
>>14254212
>It's only Zee in Tranzor Z because Americlaps came up with that name
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KK3g-d5BO1M
>>
>>14254212
>>14254626
Britcucks blown the fuck out
>>
>>14253863

Some countries say Zed instead of Z. I don't know why because that turns a letter into a word, which would seem to defeat the purpose of it being a letter, but they do.

Japan uses Zed for some reason, much like how they pronouce missiles like the British do, yet they also use American pronouciation for other words so I'm guessing they just pick and choose at random what they like.
>>
>>14254694
>Japan uses Zed for some reason
Incorrect. They use Zet (Zetto).
>>
>>14253863
Mazinger ZETA
>>
Japan doesn't use Zed.
It uses Zetto based on Zet, the the DUTCH pronunciation of the letter Z because they got it from them.

Still, it's a loan-word now integrated in standard Japanese. It should be translated in the target language pronunciation of the letter Z: ZĂȘ in Portuguese, Zeta in Italian, Zed in British English and Zee in American English, etc
>>
>>14253863
I thought it was MUH ZINGER
>>
>>14253863
it's pronounced TRANZOR ZETA
>>
>>14254694
>Some countries say Zed instead of Z. I don't know why because that turns a letter into a word,
Wait. So you're saying that "Zed" is somehow a word, but "Zee" isn't? What, because it ends on a constant? How do you feel about letters such as Aitch or Double-u, then?

Fucking rednecks, I swear to god
>>
>>14253863
I've never had cause to actually say the title out loud in real life, but if I did it'd probably be "MAY-zing-er zee".

Yes, I know that's probably wrong. No, I don't care.
>>
>>14258901
Autist
>>
>>14258930
>caring this much how other people pronounce stuff
And you say I'M the autist?
>>
>>14258937
You're the one not caring in this case, that makes you far more autistic
>>
>>14258961
Right, because if there's one hallmark of autistics, it's that they don't care about pointless shit at all.
>>
Ma-zhin-ger Zed
Even though I'm not a Chinaman, the zh- sound is a good compromise between J and Z.
>>
>>14259014
Whatever you say autist
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.