[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Here be a Zero thread You know what nobody ever talks about
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 7
File: news51_newtype_vf0.jpg (384 KB, 1801x1225) Image search: [Google]
news51_newtype_vf0.jpg
384 KB, 1801x1225
Here be a Zero thread

You know what nobody ever talks about when it comes to Zero? The plot. The most I ever hear talk about Zero (the few times it comes up) is some of the fights, Roy and when it gets referenced in later series. So I'm gonna bring up something about Zero in an attempt for conversation. I'll admit, I'm mainly making this thread because I was on Macross World and one guy was trying to separate the Macross series into like different sides even though I feel all of them are intentionally different from one another and expansions on the universe, anyway.

Why the fuck is this always compared to Plus? Is it because they're OVAs? Plus is like a side incident to explain why they don't just have automated jets do everything and doesn't affect much. But Zero is really important for the lore of Macross. It's not even the same kind of story. Zero explores the disparity between militarization and modern times vs. traditional island culture. It has a very much larger story for the implications of the Macross world. It's lead goes through a small character arc. It's a really full series of stuff (though it doesn't transition between scenes that well). But I feel it gets demoted because there's slightly more focus on the mecha compared to the TV series.

On that note, I always found Zero very "okay". It's a middle of the road series. Not that great but also not that bad. Really it's quite underrated but I can kind of understand why not that many people have seen it. Also, for reasons said above I like it quite a deal more than Plus.

Mao best girl
>>
>>14252908
i like zero myself
>>
Really? Nobody at all? Come on, I actually tried to start a conversation about Zero this time
>>
I like it though admittedly because I was an Ace Combat fan and a sucker for planes. It was pretty okay but it could be better. One thing I give it props to is making me care a bit for a dying Kenichi Suzumura love interest. Other times like SEED Destiny and Scwarzesmarken I didn't feel anything. I feel that the story could've been expanded upon like a further explanation to the Birdmen and the anti-UN's final goal. Also, the parts where the CG and hand drawn animation switch is pretty jarring.
>>
>>14253079
Nobody cares, either shitpost about garbage or don't bother posting at all
>>
>>14252908
>You know what nobody ever talks about when it comes to Zero? The plot.

You know why?
Because it's rotten shit.

No joke, it's a terribly written string of good ideas given terrible execution.
>>
It's basically a Frontier prequel, it works well in that way.
>>
Just watched the first episode. It feels very serious, far more so than other Macross series, including Plus. The mystical island stuff makes it feel a bit like Gasaraki.
>>
>>14252908
I liked that pacific island aesthetic.
Really good CG for its time.
VF-0 best girl, although Sv-51 is also cute.
Weird ending.
>>
>>14252908
I hated the HUD element designs in the Valkyries compared to the 'real life' HUD in the F-14 at the beginning of the show. I know, means nothing, but I wish mecha designers would think about human UX in their creations too :(
>>
File: Seig-chan.webm (1 MB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
Seig-chan.webm
1 MB, 640x480
>>14254462
Yeah, all that floating holographic rainbow colored shit seems really confusing to use.
>>
>>14252908
Honestly I don't even remember the plot... They have some weird protoculture relic or another. There's ruins on the indian island. Anti-ung people fuck shit up. Shin and main girl teleport away with relic.
>>
>>14252908
Weakest entry in the franchise, even Macross II was better. I really like the VF-0 though.
>>
Some of the best designs in Macross. The VF-0D, SV-51, and prototype monster are fantastic.
>>
File: support off.webm (2 MB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
support off.webm
2 MB, 640x480
>>14254476
>>
File: SV-51.jpg (127 KB, 1200x895) Image search: [Google]
SV-51.jpg
127 KB, 1200x895
>>14254581
>Nora's Sv-51 has purple colored HUD elements
Sasuga slavs.
>>
>>14252908
I don't know, saw it long ago, nothing special or offensive, liked it.
>>
>>14254607
Until now I never noticed the SV51 has horizontal tailwings like a normal combat jet. Just about every VF design gets rid of those wings, which is a shame since it feels a bit detracting from the airplane aesthetic.

It's like lopping an arm off a robot and calling it the fitting image of a humanoid.
>>
File: Sasuga Kawamori-sama.jpg (52 KB, 428x640) Image search: [Google]
Sasuga Kawamori-sama.jpg
52 KB, 428x640
>>
>>14253394
The Anti-UN who technically already lost the Unification War wanted the Bird Human as a weapon. The Anti-UN doesn't like a one world government. Dr. Hasford on the other hand is a mad scientist. He wants the Bird Human to wipe out humanity and start over again with a new race on the planet. Not knowing it is retarded as Sub-Protoculture races don't work that way as the Protoculture who seeded various worlds are gone.

The Bird Human is an advanced bio weapon sent to observe and check humanity is they'll be a threat like the Protoculture's other creation the Zentradi. If so wipe them out.

The Mayan tribe are descendants of those that made contact with the Protoculture or Bird Human 10,000 years ago. This resulted to them having a genetic memory of the Protoculture's culture and having Space-Time Resonance Ability aka Fold Receptor Factor. The same power Basara, Sheryl, Ranka and Walkure are shown to have. This power allows the Mayan Shrine Maiden to regenerate and activate the Bird Human.
>>
File: Northrop YF-23 002.jpg (281 KB, 1600x1071) Image search: [Google]
Northrop YF-23 002.jpg
281 KB, 1600x1071
>>14255288
Not all airplanes need horizontal tailwings to fly.
>>
>>14256291
>normal
>combat
>jet
>>
>>14256233
While I am distressed by how perky Delta is going with Walkure, I am glad to see a return to Protoculture thread. It was glossed over in Frontier and 7
>>
File: YF-23_003_1.jpg (455 KB, 1778x1194) Image search: [Google]
YF-23_003_1.jpg
455 KB, 1778x1194
>>14256294
It would've been if it weren't for Lockheed and those pesky traditionalists.
>>
>>14256368
>distressed
faggot
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.