[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Opinions over this strange gasoil mecha car wacky post-apocaliptic
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 6
File: xabungle-ii.jpg (85 KB, 666x454) Image search: [Google]
xabungle-ii.jpg
85 KB, 666x454
Opinions over this strange gasoil mecha car wacky post-apocaliptic anime?
>>
It's opening is pretty neat, Ole!
>>
File: yay.jpg (665 KB, 1920x1440) Image search: [Google]
yay.jpg
665 KB, 1920x1440
>>14252461
i loved every second
>>
File: capricotype05.jpg (183 KB, 715x867) Image search: [Google]
capricotype05.jpg
183 KB, 715x867
>>14252532
Fucking this.

It's great and everyone should see it. Why is this thread even here? Form your own opinions of things and make your own decisions.
>>
File: Yum Yum.jpg (39 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
Yum Yum.jpg
39 KB, 640x480
>>14252532
Seconding this.
>>
>>14252532
/thread
>>
>>14252461
This, not Zeta is Tomino's masterpiece.
>>
I haven't seen much of it, but from the little I have I must compliment how it handles its animation.

The animation's not great at all, mind, but it is pretty bold in what it tries to do, and there is a lot of energy, movement and character to the scenes I've seen of it. It's wacky and fun to watch.

SRW makes it look like Fist of the Mad Max if it was pumped full of Looney Toons. Is this an accurate assessment of the show? Or is the Tomino so strong that it's difficult to compare it to more conventional anime?
>>
>>14252845
No that's accurate. There's some class warfare stuff down the line and it gets a little darker as it goes on like how Elche gets brainwashed and blinded and Arthur dies, but otherwise it's happy fun time post-apocalypse adventures.
>>
File: gallop_ani.jpg (24 KB, 382x400) Image search: [Google]
gallop_ani.jpg
24 KB, 382x400
>>14252875
I'd say "post-apocalypse" is a really bad description for Xabungle. It's the Wild West! The frontier! It's not so much about scavenging and making do as it is wheeling and dealing, both with money and with bullets. By comparison the post-apoc part is tiny and has little bearing on the immediate story.

Even the machines themselves reflect this; they're manufactured, distributed, purchased, and traded, and are designed and built by engineers and workers with an existing base of resources and infrastructure (as unreliable as it may be) to distribute them through.
>>
File: x0qpl3.gif (46 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
x0qpl3.gif
46 KB, 320x240
I love this series. It's got a little bit of everything I love, with a dash of Tomino crazy and some nice humour.

Also landships; landships fucking EVERYWHERE.
>>
My main complaint is the the abundance of humour makes some of the drama hard to take. Or at least to distinguish. I'm thinking specially if Elchi's dad dying by falling out an open window. The impact of the moment was robbed because I was fully expecting it to be a joke and didn't realise it had killed him for a short while. I'm sure characters survive that kind of injury by cartoon physics often in the show, so it made his death a little weird.

That said, it's still a great show and one of my favourites.
>>
Blurays when
>>
Haven't finished out yet, but so far so good. Really liked the gags and characters.

>>14252770
Which bush did you jump out of? I thought you were decomposing by now.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.