[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Explain to me how Zeta Gundam is better written then Wing, Seed,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 129
Thread images: 15
File: 24bu.jpg (167 KB, 840x824) Image search: [Google]
24bu.jpg
167 KB, 840x824
Explain to me how Zeta Gundam is better written then Wing, Seed, 00, Unicorn, IBO etc. Because I don't see it at all.

The conflict felt like a bunch of irrational idiots who don't know how to run a resistance movement vs a organization of card-carrying villains who only lose in the end because of stupid in-fighting and stupidly deciding to team-up with Axis who predictably back-stab them.

Because nearly every character is either idiot or an asshole it makes it impossible to feel any sorrow when they did thus diluting any tragedy of war message Tomino had for it.
>>
>>14252148
This is truth. Just finished watching it a few weeks ago. Most of the characters suck.
>>
>>14252148
It just is alright
>>
>>14252148
It's from the 80'
>>
>>14252148
Why is Sayla in this image? She was in Zeta?
>>
What's with all these "Zeta is shit" threads?
>>
>>14252402
Yes.
>>
>>14252402
Yes for a grand total of 10 seconds of screentime.
>>
>>14252407
People are waking up
>>
and the zfags throws shit on ZZ because is to happy in the first part, but Judau is not a pissed emo like Kamille

KAMILLE A MAN'S NAME
>>
>>14252432
Waking up to shit taste maybe. Zeta's quality has some objective leeway but if you think it's worse than Wing, IBO, or SEED, then you're going to be called a shitposter because nobody wants to believe that some anons could be THAT retarded.
>>
>>14252486
Some people here manage to delude themselves to the point where they think G-Reco is a "good show".

So yes some anons can be really retarded.
>>
>>14252148
The writing is fine, and the show excels especially in it's dialog, but I would love the series if weren't for the fact that almost every mobile suit battle in the last half of the show was frustratingly inconclusive and and repetitive until the last four episodes, which is especially frustrating after watching the original MSG.
>>
>>14252508
And some anons will think their bait is really clever but it's only really good for a single reply. So here's your (You).
>>
>>14252486
Zeta Gundam is tumblr characters before tumblr exist.
>>
>the characters aren't likeable!
This doesn't mean they weren't well written. If you want faultless & blameless heroes go watch SEED. Otherwise do learn that people make mistakes, get stressed out and moody, especially when they're constantly being sent out to fight.
>>
>>14252148

Plenty of the Titans weren't that bad. Even Yazan refused to take part in attacking civilians, all of the women were either good people being manipulated or just good people like Mour. They even have an episode where a Titan officer defends Beltechorkia from regular fed officers trying to molest her. Jerid is pathetic, but he is hardly a cackling villain.

In fact, if you look at any of the Titans save Bask, Jamitov and Scirocco, very few of the Titans are extremely villainous.

Also, your personal feelings about the characters hardship is irrelevant to the actual quality of the show.

The show is about showing you how messed up post OYW people are. The characters are all supposed to have major faults, communication is supposed to be constantly breaking down ,with chaos ensuing because of it. That is why Tomino has everyone being selfish, neurotic, and talking past one another - it sets up why newtypes have so much potential for good. The idealized version of newtypes are needed more than ever in this world, but the reality is that they are just used to make a bigger mess. It is this pessimism that defines Zeta Gundam.

Also, the characters are great. Reccoa's betrayal arc, for example, is foreshadowed for a good 10+ episode before she actually betrays the AEUG, and through that time her character is constantly being built up in subtle ways, especially in her conversation's with Fa.

Kamille and Jerid also have inverse developments, with Kamille caring less and less about Jerid as he matures, while Jerid's obsession with Kamille only grows, and ends up entirely blocking his greater plans to take over the Titans, and causes him to lose Mour. It is an unorthodox rivalry, highlighted by Tomino making a main rival irrelevant enough to be finished off like a faceless grunt at the end.

Really Zeta has the best characters in the franchise along with 0079 and Turn A. You wanting to be pals with a character or not is not what determines if they are well written.
>>
>>14252612
These aren't things people see during their first viewing of Zeta, especially if they are coming from MSG. The change in theme and tone is too striking, and I only truly started to appreciate Zeta sometime after watching it, and discussing it.
The show isn't a 2deep4u from the mastermind of Tomino. It just takes time to adjust to it. In fact Zeta's biggest flaw is that you have to explain this shit every fucking time an anon comes back angry after finishing Zeta.
>>
>>14252612
>That is why Tomino has everyone being selfish, neurotic, and talking past one another - it sets up why newtypes have so much potential for good. The idealized version of newtypes are needed more than ever in this world, but the reality is that they are just used to make a bigger mess. It is this pessimism that defines Zeta Gundam.
And suppose I think such pessimism is defeatist and unhelpful in the real world and think that the idealism of say Wing, 00 and Unicorn in their belief that mankind can overcome their limitations and prejudices is far preferable?
>>
>>14252612
> It is an unorthodox rivalry, highlighted by Tomino making a main rival irrelevant enough to be finished off like a faceless grunt at the end.

Are Zeta fags this delusional it's literally them running out of screen time, it was even changed in the novels.
>>
>>14252666
Well thats just like your opinion man
>>
>>14252666
It is not pessimistic.It teaches you by bad example.
If you watch optimistic series like Seed and think that's how it's going to work in real life you'd be badly surprised.
>>
>>14252687
>optimistic series like Seed
You mean the series were the only reason both Zaft and The Earth Alliance didn't wipe each out completely was because other Kira and friends destroyed their weapons and the only reason they had a ceasefire was because both sides leadership was in disarray?
>>
>>14252709
That's only an interpretation made up by the fanbase, with no basis at all. The way the series is written and focused on (ie. only the protagonist cast is of any importance) is meant to be optimistic.
>>
>>14252376
>It's from the 80'

Cobra is from the 80s and rocks.
Zeta Gundam on the other hand sucks royally.
>>
>>14252326

The only part I enjoyed were the Titans.
>>
>>14252402
False advertisement.
>>
>>14252612
>Reccoa's betrayal arc, for example, is foreshadowed for a good 10+ episode before she actually betrays the AEUG, and through that time her character is constantly being built up in subtle ways, especially in her conversation's with Fa.
Pfffffft.
>>
>>14252612
>It is an unorthodox rivalry, highlighted by Tomino making a main rival irrelevant enough to be finished off like a faceless grunt at the end.
Everyone knows Jerid was supposed to become a Cybernewtype until sponsors decided to fuck up with Tomino's work and he had to kill half of the characters.
There is no deeper meaning behind their deaths but Tomino trying to vent his frustration.
>>
File: Fa laughs at confused girl.jpg (68 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Fa laughs at confused girl.jpg
68 KB, 1280x720
Why is Zeta Gundam perhaps the best of the Gundam franchise as far as 25+ episode series go?
>>
>>14252709
Don't forget Unicorn being based on novels that are the Gundam version of EVERYONE'S GETTIN' RAPED!
>>
Today's episode:
The second coming of the anti Zeta shit posters
>>
>>14252856
>Everyone knows Jerid was supposed to become a Cybernewtype until sponsors decided to fuck up with Tomino's work and he had to kill half of the characters.

Source? Also who cares ? Tomino wanting to do one thing and then deciding to do another thing doesn't make that other thing any less good or well done. Nor does it negate the way the other thing works out.

>>14252674

>it was even changed in the novels.

This is irrelevant. You can decide to do things different on different iterations of the story without meaning that one iteration is "wrong". Likewise, it doesn't matter if part of what influenced the decision was running out of time, all that matters is what actually happened and how it fits with the narrative, and the result was really unique and well done.

>>14252659
I don't see why it is so hard for people to understand what was going on. I picked up all that on my first viewing. It isn't super deep or complicated, it is just basically good storytelling and character development.

>>14252666
Whether you like the message or not has nothing to do with the quality of it's delivery. Saying " I don't like Zeta" is different than saying " Zeta is shit". I don't like Jazz music, but I know that that is a thing with me and not the music.
>>
>>14252674
If it was a mistake, it was a very deftly handled happy mistake.
>>
>>14252556
In English please Nigga, some of us don't speak
>muh fake internet culture war
>>
>>14252674
You must be saving up (You)s to trade in for some self awareness lol
>>
>>14252148
>Wing, Seed, 00, Unicorn, IBO

kek
>>
File: j2sz6abnw4rr3ka8.jpg (16 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
j2sz6abnw4rr3ka8.jpg
16 KB, 480x360
>>14252148

because in Zeta all the homosexuals die in the end
>>
>>14252148
the music is great.
>>
>>14252407
Memes, like everything else in this shithole lately.
>>
>>14253815
"Zeta is good" was literally meme-think, though.
>>
Because Kamiru kun
>>
>>14252991
>You can decide to do things different on different iterations of the story without meaning that one iteration is "wrong".
Exactly. And changes are the "hook" to get people to buy and go through a story they already know about.
>>
>>14253825
Except I watched it and liked it before coming to 4chan. However, trying to force the idea that any anime is literally the worst anime ever to be created is classic shitposting.
>>
Why are most Gundam sequels modeled after Zeta?
>>
>>14253947
So part of the reason that Seed Destiny is shit is because it modeled after Zeta?
>>
>>14252601
bingo
>>
>>14252991
>I don't see why it is so hard for people to understand what was going on.

I'm not quite sure but I'm guessing that it's due to the show missing a definite hook, like the characters. If one cares for a character then one stays focused on the characters actions and dialog.
Do you really think most of the characters in Zeta are lovable and relatable?

The issue is that every character is fucked up in some way, and without a control to see a contrast the audience is left pretty much confused. Everybody in the show is slapping each other, screaming at each other, certain actions leave people scratching their heads, etc. These kind of things can take people out of what's going on in the story and lose focus on the overarching narrative, which especially worse when one is marathoning it.

Why do you think most discussions focus on Reccoa, Sarah, and Jerid? Since nobody cared for them no one paid attention to their sub-plots leaving them confused and maybe frustrated when the said plot ends. And speaking for myself here, the only major characters I liked were Kamille, Fa, and Quattro.
>>
File: 1425363910587.jpg (511 KB, 640x830) Image search: [Google]
1425363910587.jpg
511 KB, 640x830
>>14253966
It would've been fine by SEED standards if Kira didn't pop up halfway through and everything shat the bed.
>>
>>14253966
Not just Destiny but also 00 S2, Age 2nd Arc, Build Fighters Try and probably IBO S2.
>>
>>14253947
Because it's the highest rated Gundam show of all time?
>>
>>14252148
It was meant to show the so called "the adult world of Japanese and American Corporate" and why Tomino hates it.
Boku no sexual harassment is mandatory viewing prior to watching Zeta.
>>
File: 1403754089750.jpg (13 KB, 235x222) Image search: [Google]
1403754089750.jpg
13 KB, 235x222
>>14254010
>Build Fighters Try
>Modeled after Zeta
u fucking wot m8

00S2 also got rid of every scrap of originality, decent plotting, animation, and good choreography S1 had to replace it with asspulls, unquestionable heroes, and flashing lights, for what it's worth
>>
>another zeta is shit thread
thanks anon
>>
>>14253981
>Why do you think most discussions focus on Reccoa, Sarah, and Jerid?
To be fair some of the most amusing moments in the series involve him. Like when Kamille threw his partially crippled ass off a mountain.

As for other characters, well would anyone want to talk about Gady? He seemed like one of the more reasonable/honorable Titans. Early on he looks like an evil general type and plays second fiddle to Jamican and Bask, but the little bits we see of him as the series goes on shows him as someone who actually knows how to command a ship and not take part in dirty shit like gassing people.
>>
>>14254054
Well, there's a Zeta Gundam in Try so it must be modeled after Zeta.
>>
>>14254054
>spoiler
I'll probably get burned for this but I disagree. I thought the show was pretty well paced for the most part and the animation, while more simplified, remained at a consistently high standard throughout (moreso than IBO anyway). The rest is a matter of taste in my opinion but I thought the characters and story were a logical progression of the S1.
>>
>>14253981
I love the characters in Zeta. I actually really like watching Jerid get frustrated and further marginalized. I loved watching Kamillie grow up. Yazan is great fun to watch. Emma Sheen is waifu material.
>>
>>14254128
I would've liked to see Jerid survive to ZZ only to find out his rival is now a vegetable and that his ambitions were for nothing since the Titans got blown the fuck out.
>>
>>14254166
I liked Jerid dying as a mook, but hot damn that'd be great. I think you could angle a good redemption arc with Jerid joining Londo Bell or something and growing up.
>>
File: 1456147413279.jpg (540 KB, 2825x1942) Image search: [Google]
1456147413279.jpg
540 KB, 2825x1942
>>14254106
It's not that it's poorly paced as much as it doesn't make sense. Anew and Lockon start a relationship after sharing about 4 lines of dialogue and then he gets hung up over her death all the way through the series into the movie. Everyone who isn't a protagonist becomes a complete spastic over the smallest stuff with no discussion for the sake of the hamhanded theming and pitch black villains, which was done better in S1 anyways. Ribbons makes a clone army of shitty jobbers to use them as glorified missiles. Then we have the Raiser deus ex machina pixie dust magick away everyone's problems.

Unlike in S1, which still glorified terrorism from time to time but at least delivered a taste of karma at the end, Celestial Being have become a heroic group of underground rebels trying to stop a totalitarian fascist regime and nothing more. Lasers imposed on the background constantly go in every direction from apparently nowhere in every battle, the electric cockpit cliche got kicked into overdrive, the Ptolemaios also has seemingly unlimited power and GN missiles, and the Raiser is basically a Super Robot with it's absurd power. That scene at the theater in the movie was a much more secure and entertaining parody of what S2 pretty much ended up being.

Altogether, the only reason it really matches up with S1 is that S1 didn't actually progress particularly realistically with the political concepts it was based on to begin with.
>>
>>14252148
UC loyalists. I gave up half way through. And I enjoyed 0079 dispite its dated animation and saturday morning toy commercial feelings.
>>
honestly the only people who are retarded enough to not like zeta are adhd-addled gamers
>>
>>14254371
So people who like Zeta take themselves too seriously in an art of feeling superior to those who do not like the same thing they do?

People who like Zeta are like the Titans. It's like poetry.
>>
>>14252612
>That is why Tomino has everyone being selfish, neurotic, and talking past one another
So why does he have his characters act that way in every other series he does?
>>
>>14254523
Repetition is the mother of learning.
>>
>>14252991

>This is irrelevant. You can decide to do things different on different iterations of the story without meaning that one iteration is "wrong". Likewise, it doesn't matter if part of what influenced the decision was running out of time, all that matters is what actually happened and how it fits with the narrative, and the result was really unique and well done.

But this is flat out wrong, previously you said oh he gave up on becoming the leader and forgot about it.
He didn't that's the whole point of him getting close to Jamitov you imbecile. Now what the background to this close personal relationship is well who the hell knows, does not help exactly help that Jamitov croaks the next 1-2 episode without any real major interactions between the two outside of secret side arm and command to sortie "TO DISTRACT THEIR FORCES AT GATES OF ZEDAN AND HELP US PULL OUT". Which he succeeded in I guess.

>, and the result was really unique and well done.

No it was terrible and what I am hammering on is not even the death in per say the lead up to said death. You got this guy who would take a fucking rock and smash Kamille's head in if there was a opening. Throughout the entire show we see this every time he shoots at him,pulls out the close quarters weapon etc.
During the final encounter where he had 1000 openings to shoot him all over the damn place you have him do the whole "HAHAHA I AM TOYING WITH YOU" nonsense despite the fact that he would have used his weaponry in absolutely every other encounter, comes off even worse because the MS had a particle beam spread shot for those close up encounters.

It was a complete disaster, and for a 50 episode show which had MS fights in every darn episode I can count the fights which were worth a damn on one hand. That's kind of sad.

The final encounter against Paptimus well that's another big turd too.
>>
>>14254601
Honestly, the only GOOD fight was Haman VS Kamille.
The change of style on Haman when she gets serious, the high-stakes and clash of ideals were perfect. They just needed to make it happen sooner and made it the main conflict.
>>
>>14254643
I think the final battle between the Hyaku-Shiki, The O, and the Qubeley in the charging colony laser was pretty damn memorable.
>>
>>14254601

Ok, now you are just making stuff up.

Nowhere does Jerid state that he is getting close to Jamitov as his bodyguard so to take over the Titans. he got assigned to help Jamitov, thats all. You are grasping at straws here.

>During the final encounter where he had 1000 openings to shoot him all over the damn place you have him do the whole "HAHAHA I AM TOYING WITH YOU

He never acts that way at all. Never once does he say anything like that. Yes, he grapples Kamille so to shit talk him, but that is standard fair for Zeta battles. Certainly that was just as present in that fight as most other fights with Jerid. That and Jerid is constantly going into melee only to get knocked back by Kamille. If your complaint is that the battle ends with Jerid and Kamille shooting at each other instead of melee you are probably forgetting that lots of their fights in the past ended that way as well, like in Jaburo.

>It was a complete disaster, and for a 50 episode show which had MS fights in every darn episode I can count the fights which were worth a damn on one hand

I can count maybe 5 that weren't at least quite good. They were all excellent in the first half as well.

>>14254643
Zeta vs Gaplant in 26 and 12/13 when they are dealing with Asshimar were really great fights. Kamille and Char vs Jerid and Kacrikorn on the moon, the MK II vs the Psycho Gundam, etc. The only bad one I can think of off the top my head is the one where Reccoa gets captured and is presumed to be dead.

Haman vs Kamille was fantastic, but there were TONS of great fights other than that.
>>
>>14254930
>Nowhere does Jerid state that he is getting close to Jamitov as his bodyguard so to take over the Titans.
That was his goal from the first episode.
>>
>>14253981

For me it only enhanced the narrative and made the story better. How messed up everyone is in UC and the resulting bleak atmosphere and desperate and chaotic interactions is what Zeta is about. It makes me more interested in the characters and their actions personally. Also, these messed up people aren't so different than many people I have known in real life, yes they are exaggerated traits, but in real life people act chaotically and are often unlikeable, and they don't live in the aftermath of a war that killed half of humanity. If anything the overly likable heroes of allot of anime are less relateable, they speak more to peoples fantasies about themselves and ideal people they will never meet than the realities of human frailty and weakness ( which isn't necessarily bad). I don't have to like the Zeta cast likable to find them engaging, they are more engaging when they are unlikable. It is fine if someone personally isn't into what Zeta has to offer, as a matter of preference. But it does its own thing, and as the fanbase often demonstrates,it does it well, and that is all that matters.

>>14254523

He doesn't. MSG, Turn A Gundam,and King Gainer were not like that. ZZ was'nt really like that most of the time. G-Reco was a bit like that at times but way more genki in it's execution. The series that really touch upon the same thematic elements would be Ideon and Brain Powerd, maybe Victory as well. We could maybe throw CCA in there as well, and I don't remember F91 enough to comment. So why does Tomino repeat some of the same themes in different shows? Because he consistently likes those themes and wants to explore them in different ways.
>>
>>14254933

He discusses it with Mour at some point in the middle of the series. But after Mour dies he never mentions it again. You know what he does mention?, " KAMIRU!", repeatedly.
>>
File: 413.jpg (311 KB, 2880x722) Image search: [Google]
413.jpg
311 KB, 2880x722
>>14254930
>He never acts that way at all. Never once does he say anything like that

Oh Zeta fags what a funny bunch

Oh and during both of these situations, all he had to do was to pull the trigger it would have been over as the MS he used with was equipped with weaponry that quite clearly were designed for these purposes.
>>
>>14252148
humanity is stupid and don't want to admit
>>
>>14254098
Iirc isn't he the one who commands out the colony gassing operation that Jerid amd Maoar carry out, though?
>>
>>14255096
Zeon Deikun was wrong. Psychic powers didn't help humanity to progress to a new stage of evolution, they only enabled humanity to be more effective in war while still having the same faults they always did.

Newtypes don't exist.
>>
>>14255380
That may be right actually. Later on he was shown to be opposed to something, maybe it was colony drop on the moon? He didn't take part in some battles due to his "needing engine repairs" which pissed off Bask.
>>
>>14255853
I think you're right.
And to be fair gady justified that gassing the same way hiroshima was justified.
>>
File: 787667.jpg (1 MB, 1912x2848) Image search: [Google]
787667.jpg
1 MB, 1912x2848
>>14255380
¨People tend to forget the context of that operation.
>>
>>14256107
I think this is one of the things i like about Zeta, there's actually a lot of depth to the motives and feelings of the characters.
Jerid, despite being in favor of the operation, shows a lot of hesitation when carrying ot out.
>>
>>14252407
It's just the cycle. When I first came to /m/, long ago Zeta was loved. Then a year or two later, everyone started shitting on it. Then after another couple of years it became loved again. Now we're back to shitting on it.
>>
>>14256236
>there's actually a lot of depth to the motives and feelings of the characters.
>Scirocco
>Haman
>Quattro "flower child" Vagina
>depth
>>
>>14256361
They weren't that shallow, fuck man, Quattro especially, people still debate his true motives.
>>
>>14255071

>Jeird grappling Kamille and having dialogue is equivalent to him flying around cackling about how he is toying with Kamille.

Jerid pulled the trigger plenty of times, his last moments involve him shooting at the Zeta while charging. Unless you mean those times when he has the Zeta grappled and both of his arms are in use, but of course in those cases he can't really pull the trigger because his hands are being used for something else.
>>
>>14256417
>people still debate his true motives.
Only because of CCA, where he actually had some depth and because Tomino clearly wasn't giving any shits during Z.
>>
>>14256509
That's really quite untrue, though it seems like he gave relatively no shits about ZZ
>>
File: 5867.png (998 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
5867.png
998 KB, 960x720
>>14256476
>Unless you mean those times when he has the Zeta grappled and both of his arms are in use

Yeah and he had a spread shot, fire that away even if he gets pounced away and you are bound to do some heavy damage at least.

Also the Bound Doc can do this with the cannon in MA mode flat out execution.
>>
>>14253986
I'm still trying to understand what the actual fuck this is.
>>
I love Zeta, but what really made me love it was to watch MSG, and move directly to zeta. I actually enjoyed the melodrama and I liked the bleak ending. I don't think a Gundam series has come close yet to that tone. I don't really understand the shift from loving zeta to hating zeta over the past two years.
>>
File: ded.jpg (16 KB, 394x288) Image search: [Google]
ded.jpg
16 KB, 394x288
>>14257300
>I don't really understand the shift from loving zeta to hating zeta over the past two years.
The old /m/ guard is passing on while a generation of newfriends is being brought up by the misguided souls who remain.
>>
>>14257434
I wouldn't mind people disliking Zeta so much if the reasoning was sound, since this is a very deeply flawed show, but their reasoning often ends up factually incorrect. Look at top critisizms of Zeta, most of the time it's issues like the person not paying attention to the show or people somehow misunderstanding/missing a point that the show beats over the viewers' heads.

Ah well, all in all Zeta is my second favourite after the original 0079.
>>
>>14257598
>Zeta is my second favourite after the original 0079
0079 love is the real mystery to me. I've watched it several times and I just don't like it. MSG has some really nice highs, but the lows are bad and the rest is just eh. I'd put it at the bottom of the UC tv series rankings.
>>
>>14257654
Well, I can see why someone might dislike Zeta as I said... it's a deeply flawed show, but I accept its good and bad and love the series overall. But I am curious, why do you say 0079 has really bad lows and alot of EH about it?
>>
>>14257729
The pacing is a little slow for my liking with long stretches of nothing really happening/changing. For whatever faults they may have, later series felt far less episodic and Zeta especially had multiple sub-plots running in the background.

The pure filler in the form of the Gundam's transformation gimmcks are about as bad as in Power Rangers. Look, we know the Core Fighter is crap and the G-Armor and whatever other shit it had, the parts will never do anything significant and the whole will always be needed to save the day. An obligatory MS fight per episode in other series may be filler, but at least it's something different to see.

Amuro and most of the rest of the WB crew never really grabbed me either.
>>
>>14257598
People end up missing a lot, because the show's delivery makes it too hard for some people to care. Personally, I ran out of patience for all of the over the top melodrama and stopped trying to follow closely after Hong Kong
>>
>>14252148
>Explain to me how Zeta Gundam is better written then Wing, Seed, 00, Unicorn, IBO etc. Because I don't see it at all.

It had Yazan, a guy who for all intents and purposes will never be replicated in Gundam ever again. A guy who isn't a main character, nor is he the unstoppable sue who can shit on MC and their newtype hax, yet still manages to kill off the highest amount of annoying characters and give some fun fights with the MC and friends before actually surviving their suit getting blown up. And he's not even GQ material like Prince Ali was, just some random pompadour balding guy with a turtle tattoo with a huge rape face.

The closest contender, the sand nigger, would need to have killed at least half of the following

>Saji
>Louise
>Andre
>Maybe Nena for Nenafags
>Billy
>Marina

to actually come close, and then he'd have to actually not be retarded and just fly into the corridor with his gun aimed at the entrance waiting for Lyle to come in, shoot his ass down (of course Lockon survives cause you can't have him kill a main character for real) and run away until he steals pigs from random kids later and yells at them to poo in the loo.
>>
>>14257654
I understand the love as i love it too, but i don't understand why it's always the "best one". Other than it being the original, i font feel that at all. My favorite is Z.
>>
>>14257827
TV is a very restrictive medium so you have to understand that a lot of the things you dislike about it are a result of it being by all intents and purposes a children show. If you look at it from this perspective it's even more admirable that they did as much as they did.
It is presented in a more approachable way than Zeta but the main characters are still just as complex , they react in a realistic way to their surroundings, interact in a meaningful way and display actual human emotions. In mentality they are not that different from Zeta characters - often scared, confused or angry and not able to convey their feeling properly. The writing in most episodes is very good and has depth and subtext.
Also unlike Zeta, despite some pacing issues , the plot is very structured and evolves in a coherent and logical way that keeps the attention of the viewer. It has a hook, development and a culmination. It is also presented in a more romanticized, heroic manner that appeals sentimentally to a lot of people.
>>
>>14258443
I though the plot in Zeta was equally structured and logical.
>>
>>14259118
I meant to say that MSG feels more story-driven and in this way more digestible for the audience but honestly I'm not really prepared to argue about this in any detail.
>>
>>14259255
It's okay, I'm not going to argue, i don't mind if you prefer MSG slightly. Both MSG and Zeta are excellent /m/ shows. You're alright in my book so long as you aren't one of those horrible contrarians.
>>
>>14259261
>Can't think of an argument? Call him a contrarian!
>>
>>14259264
I said he wasn't one.
The "contrarians" are the same people he doesn't like.
>>
File: three times slower.png (56 KB, 294x268) Image search: [Google]
three times slower.png
56 KB, 294x268
>>14259297
>>
>>14259299
Ha poppin meme brother!
>>
>>14258338
>>14258443
I get what they were trying to do was different and fresh at the time, and MSG is worth watching, I just don't find a huge chunk of it enjoyable. Which is a shame because I love the art/animation.
>>
>>14252531
Yeah, because G-Reco was such a flawless masterpiece that it's impossible that people think it's shit. Oh wait, no, a lot of people think it was crap and for a good reason.

Why are G-Recofags so retarded?
>>
>>14259323
Yeah, because G-Reco was such a huge piece of shit that it's impossible that people think it's good. Oh wait, no, a lot of people think it was good and for a good reason.

Why are shitposters so retarded?
>>
>>14259323
>>14259377
>hurr something can only be either a flawless masterpiece or a complete piece of shit
>>
>>14259377
>""""""""a lot""""""""

wew
>>
>>14252148
One of the best things about Zeta to me was how every characters' internal conflicts ended up having tangible consequences. Kamille went from a raging sperg who wouldn't listen to anyone (causing general mayhem for AEUG) to a skilled pilot who no longer had to listen to anyone, and throughout the show he was every shade in between.

I do think the show was perhaps a little too subtle for its own good at times and tried to compensate for it by giving you melodrama to distract you from that. I won't say it's perfect, but fuck me if Zeta didn't create an entire subgenre of mech shows that encompasses a large scale conflict and all the major players in it.
>>
>>14259633
>inb4 HAHA LOL ZETA FAG LIKES ZETA xDD
>>
>>14252148
I've been on a long break from /m/ related stuff, but I am thinking of rewatching Zeta for the 1st time since 2007

Should I do it?
>>
>>14259843
I really don't know what to tell you but il give you my story

Did not watch Zeta since 2005, re-watched it in 2015 I considered it among my favorites loved it the first time. But man when I re-watched it seriously I was bored to death it just didn't click I was just annoyed by how practically everybody acted in that show. it turned into a choir almost One major thing though that struck me, man are fights in this show simply rock bottom god awful Some fights have great build ups and then you well, get what you get fine example would be Jerid at the Gates of Zedan and Paptimus at the end. Overall while I was watching I was just confused at how they decided to stitch this together oh time for cyber newtypes,oh it's axis now,quattro time boys,oh back to cyber newtypes meet Gates FUCK YOU ZETAAA ,back to Jerid at Gates of Zedan,time for more cyber newtypes psyco mk 2, boom oh that gates guy oh yeah he died too.

Give me a break

The only repeating enjoyment I had was to root for Jerid while he jobs hard as fuck,look at Yazan how he blows shit up one of the characters that did not annoy me he's a thrill seeker savage barbarian whatever you wanna call it and laugh at how fucking smug Paptimus was throughout the entire show. The three way fight at the end was good though

But sure I like the visuals of the show the mechanical designs are still my favorite.
>>
>>14260107
I can't tell if you are being serious.
Zeta gets much better on rewatch when you know what the fuck is wrong with the characters and you can appreciate the little things. It still has its silly moments but if you had a problem with those you wouldn't have liked it in the first place.
What did you even "love" about it when you first watched it?
>>
>>14260400
>What did you even "love" about it when you first watched it?

Like I said I still enjoy the mechanical designs,visuals and the soundtrack was nice. Zeta plays around with good idea's but the execution is a mess this stems from how disastrous production was I assume . But yeah I was terrible shocked by how bad the fights were when I re watched. I mean they cut out what I assume was character development/interaction for this shit?

Most of the fights have a buildup then, when it's supposed to heat up pull back the mobile suit guys. A lot of these "engagements" felt "forced" as if they are not even relevant to the plot nothing is really "allowed" to take place so to speak.

Seriously watching random mooks exploding was more enjoyable then these alleged duels in Zeta.
>>
>>14252666
God damn you sound like Andrew Fork, go to the doctor
>>
I always found the battle choreography to be very flat and uninspired after the original MSG.
Other than that I do like it a lot.
>>
>>14262028
>time to selll toyzzzzzzzz
>>
>>14259843
It's even better the second time
>>
File: 1299467509433.jpg (676 KB, 1920x1920) Image search: [Google]
1299467509433.jpg
676 KB, 1920x1920
>>14256243
>>
File: 1289499421190.jpg (279 KB, 1920x743) Image search: [Google]
1289499421190.jpg
279 KB, 1920x743
>>14267578
Those were the days
>>
>>14252148
>your sight
>my delight
>>
File: 1339678313913.gif (629 KB, 360x270) Image search: [Google]
1339678313913.gif
629 KB, 360x270
Are Zeta threads objectively the worst thing on this board?

>IT'S FUCKING SHIT BECAUSE REASONS FUCK YOU
>NO FUCK YOU, ONLY A RETARD COULD DISAGREE WITH ME OPINION
>NICE BAIT/SHITPOST
>NO U

And the cycle endlessly repeats.
>>
Can't we all agree that Beltorchika is the worst character?
>>
File: vlcsnap-2014-06-29-12h35m34s48.png (493 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2014-06-29-12h35m34s48.png
493 KB, 640x480
>>14267578
>bottom row missing one
>>
>>14269597
Katz
>>
>>14269597
Rosamia, Reccoa, Four, Sarah are all way worse
Thread replies: 129
Thread images: 15

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.