[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
King Gainer thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5
File: KingGainer.jpg (46 KB, 385x400) Image search: [Google]
KingGainer.jpg
46 KB, 385x400
What's your opinion on Overman King Gainer /m/? I'm only up to episode three but the plot's already lost me. I love the visuals though, along with the gruntier suits. The OP is godlike too.
>>
>>14250985
The plot (outside of the WE DON'T LIKE LIVING IN SIBERIA WE'RE TAKING OUR SHIT AND GOING thing) is never really going to settle into anything coherent, especially once the last arc rolls in, but it's still worth it for the characters and mechs.

It's mostly just good, if slightly confusing, fun.
>>
KING
KING
KINGU GAINER
METARRU OVERMAN KING GAINER
>>
"You really don't need to watch anything between the op sections" The Animation
>>
>>14250985
Cool show, godlike OP.
>>
As far as Tomino shows go, this one has the simplest plot of them:

>>14250995
>WE DON'T LIKE LIVING IN SIBERIA WE'RE TAKING OUR SHIT AND GOING

... back to Japan, Railorad company don't want to lose clients and tries to stop them, along the way they mess with a old evil Overman that wants to freeze the entire world.

Between all of this, is wacky Tomino hijicks. Still the less confusing Tomino show that I know of (haven't seen the old stuff of his yet).
>>
The best part of the show is the OP, but the show is still pretty good for what it is.
>>
>>14250985
Greco done right
>>
Fun show, appealing designs. I can't remember anything about the plot, but it had a good pace. Ending was not really satisfying. Even considering the flaws, it's still one of Tomino's better works.
>>
>>14250985
i think the end was too far, this show had to runs 40 episodes for a proper end
>>
>>14252511
> this show had to runs 40 episodes for a proper end
Every Tomino show ever until he really gets 30+ episodes and everyone complains it was too long.
>>
>>14252472
Literally nothing like Greco
>>
>>14250985
It's kinda hard to follow what's going on because of the tominospeak, but it's a fun show. Unique premise, cool designs, entertaining characters. It's a good time.
>>
Will the manga ever be fully translated?
>>
That blonde Koyasu was one of the most entertaining entertaining /m/ characters ever.
>>
>>14250985
It's decent.
>>
File: cynthia lane.jpg (234 KB, 500x596) Image search: [Google]
cynthia lane.jpg
234 KB, 500x596
>>14250985
>no cynthia lane yet
>>
Gonna give it a watch next, I think.
>>
File: 1461794334137.png (57 KB, 150x345) Image search: [Google]
1461794334137.png
57 KB, 150x345
I've tried to watch it more than once over the years and could just never get into it, which is interesting because I like 0079 and Turn A quite a bit.
I wasn't even that into the ACE:R levels featuring Gainer.
Maybe I'll try it one more time in a few weeks.
>>
File: 1453403735489.jpg (75 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1453403735489.jpg
75 KB, 1280x720
>>14252894
>young prodigy reluctantly abandons his life due to his crush on a girl
>joins a loose group of ne'er-do-wells on a journey to uncover the truth about their world
>finds a powerful robot that only responds to him
>the mecha in this universe are generally either museum pieces or taboo ancient technology
>they're pursued by his mentors, now aiding the authorities
>the antagonist faction gradually uncovers more advanced mechs and uses them against him
>a lopsided rivalry develops with his former best friend
>the theme of the show is being true to yourself and denying the powers that be control over your ideas

HMMMMMMM
>>
>>14259801
>lopsided rivalry with his former best friend

Mask was never thirsty For Bellri's genki tho, only his social position
>>
>>14259697
>>
>>14259801
>young prodigy reluctantly abandons his life due to his crush on a girl
No, he joins because his house was literally dragged along for the ride and because he feels an obligation to Gain
>joins a loose group of ne'er-do-wells on a journey to uncover the truth about their world
They know the fucking truth of the world. They're journeying because they want their own independence and to escape the monopoly of the railway
>finds a powerful robot that only responds to him
Other people try and pilot King Gainer. They're just shit at it.
>the mecha in this universe are generally either museum pieces or taboo ancient technology
No, the Walkers were common use and Overmen were freely used. Only Over Devils were taboo because they generally had the power to completely fuck up the environment.
>they're pursued by his mentors, now aiding the authorities
Literally didn't happen in king Gainer
>the antagonist faction gradually uncovers more advanced mechs and uses them against him
They don't uncover them. They fucking ship them in.
>a lopsided rivalry develops with his former best friend
Cynthia only shows up as an antagonist by the end and she's tied up in her loyalty to Kidz and her inability to process the difference between real life and games
Mask was a fucking victim complex bitch going off the deep end
>the theme of the show is being true to yourself and denying the powers that be control over your ideas
Well, that last one is true at least, but that's Tomino's main themes in general
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.