[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I watched the Gundam Movies this week since the show has so much
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 5
File: MSM-07_Z'Gok.jpg (196 KB, 376x489) Image search: [Google]
MSM-07_Z'Gok.jpg
196 KB, 376x489
I watched the Gundam Movies this week since the show has so much hubbub on /m/.

I thought they were pretty decent aside from some pacing issues, but that's what happens when you try and condense a 50 episode series into 3 movies. Some of the dialogue and character motives did feel a little contrived though, like Amuro running away and Mirai falling in love with that one guy before he dies. Out of the 3 I think the first was most solid, but the third one also had a spectacular second half and conclusion.

Kai was the best character
Z'gok was the best suit
Amuro was best girl
Discuss.
>>
>>14249912
You enjoyed yourself? That's nice.
You watched the show yet?
>>
>>14249917
>You watched the show yet?

N- No. I'll probably watch it eventually though since I felt like it had a very good story aside from some nonsensical moments.
>>
>>14249927
Get to it, then.
>>
>>14249912
>Z'gok was the best suit
My brother
>>
>>14249912
>Amuro was best girl
So between him and Char which one is on top and which one is on the bottom?
>>
>>14249951
Amuro is always bottom in any situation
>>
>>14249943
This. If you enjoyed it, why not watch more of it? If you really think you can't do it, then you can move on to Zeta (not the movies, they change the ending and wedge a bunch of updated footage in with the old stuff, looks pretty strange together).

Your taste is spot-on though, good job anon.
>>
>>14249927
Show has much better pacing. And the English dub is a damn fine dub considering it's age.

You have a few shitty spots but otherwise it's nothing serious.
>>
>>14249912
>Kai was best character
Good taste.
Personally, I liked Encounters in Space the best. It had the best action and we watched Amuro develop into a newtype. The movie version of him and Lalah tripping out is my favorite scene in all of Gundam.
>>
File: Put your grasses on.png (2 MB, 1851x1285) Image search: [Google]
Put your grasses on.png
2 MB, 1851x1285
>>14249960
I think I might get Zeta down first. I remember watching a bit of it back when I knew jackshit about /m/.
>>
>>14249966
That shit was pretty hypnotic. It's a little weird, sometimes I found myself laughing at the films and at other moments I was completely captivated.
>>
>>14249912
Personally if I had to go back and watch it, I'd choose Movie I, TV Earth Arc, Movie III
>>
>>14249990
Did you also laugh at Sleggar bullying Cameron?
>>
>>14250144
A little

>>14250119
Yeah, the second movie seemed a little sloppy compared to the other two. At least it had the aquatic MS though
>>
>>14250156
I feel like Ramba Ral should have been introduced at the start of movie two instead of the end of movie one.
>>
Z'Gok is one of the strongest OYW MS. Not sure about its cost compared to the Gelgoog, but it has one of the highest reactor outputs to run its mega particle cannons and is also one of the few amphibious MS that suffers minimal mobility penalty on land.

This is in contrast to the Gogg. The Acguy also has equal mobility between water and land, but is slow to begin with due to its short legs.
>>
>>14250249
That is why you also see them deployed from Gaw aerial carriers.
>>
>>14250249
Man, you'd think they'd use more of them. Why did they even bother with Acguy, anyway?
>>
>>14250360
Acguy is not quite meant as a frontline combat suit like the Z'Gok, Gogg, and Zock.
>>
File: 1463444754983-2.jpg (545 KB, 2372x3263) Image search: [Google]
1463444754983-2.jpg
545 KB, 2372x3263
Since I don't want to make another Gundam thread, I'll ask here: What are some of the better Gundam OVAs? I was thinking of watching 0080 this friday and the 08th MS team also looks neat.

Bonus points for aquatic MS
>>
>>14252889
>Bonus points for aquatic MS

First episode in 0080 mate
>>
File: 1463211881551.gif (127 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1463211881551.gif
127 KB, 500x500
>>14252907
I like where this is going
>>
File: best'gok.jpg (513 KB, 1000x1294) Image search: [Google]
best'gok.jpg
513 KB, 1000x1294
>>14249927
are you new?

also good taste on the z'goks there
>>
>>14250183
>I feel like Ramba Ral should have been introduced at the start of movie two instead of the end of movie one
it would ruin the cinematic moments of Gihrens speech anon which was a good closing for movie 1
>>
>>14249966
I'm torn between movie newtype trip and series - on the one hand, the movie stuff looks rad as fuck but the series has its own charm and the soundtrack is better in the series I think (especially the lah-lah singing after solomon)

Man now I just want to watch MSG again
>>
>>14253242
The lah-lah singing is fucking terrifying
>When you hear the lah-lah, you're already dead
>>
>>14253383
It's really a shame that the series makes such a big deal about how the elemeth is the first beyond visual range weapon since the advent of minovsky particles (and a fucking terrifying one at that - you hear space singing to you and then from nowhere beams) and then every Gundam series after totally drops funnel based MA warfare. I guess zeon took psycommu tech to their grave and newtypes were pretty rare but it seems like a missed opportunity.
>>
>>14253409
I would have liked to have seen more newtype based sniping like this actually.
>>
>>14252889
I think there's an Accguy fight in 08 MS Team
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.